Men's Health Community
Red, pink and dry patches at base of penis head.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

For the past year or so ive used shampoo as a lube to masterbate. Ive also maturbated to the point of rubbing it a little "raw" and the shampoo causing it to sting. About a month ago was when i noticed two dark red patches at the base of my penis head. There was never any pain other than a little tenderness rubbing the area. Since then ive stoped using the shampoo and when masturbating I avoid rubbing that area. I applied neosporin to the area for a  couple days and then i noticed the areas had dry, flaky skin on them so i started applying a lotion. No more dry skin. I have concerns now because they havent gone away after a month of no use of the shampoo, ive noticed a couple smaller areas where the skin is red at the base of the head, my head at times tends to be a little tender and my veins seem to be a darker purple color on my shaft. I just want to know if im being a little paranoid (after all, it is a pretty important area) Should i give it more time? Use a specific cream/lotion for treatment?
1 Comment
You might go see a dermatologist.  You might have developed an allergic reaction to something in the shampoo that is also in some of the items that you were using after the shampoo, or a bacterial infection.  Take the shampoo along so the doc can see what its ingredients are.