Red Cuts and Dry Skin on Penis
About 2 days ago I noticed a red sore (not raised or producing puss) develop on the shaft of my penis.  Today I looked and inspected and found a ring of cuts at the base of the head of my Penis with dryskin starting to develop around the area also.  These cuts are very sore and sting to the touch, yet are producing no liquids and/or blood.  I have been monogomous with my wife for over 2 years, neither of us have any STD's of any kind (tested frequently in the military).  Now that I am out of the military, I am hesitant about seeing a doctor for something that may just be a sore that will go away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not a professional, but I am a soon-to-be nursing major and we've studied STDs recently.

It could be nothing, but what if it's not?  I suggest you go see a doctor.

Why?...  Well...  Just because sores go away does not mean that an STD is "cured."  Syphilis, the #4 STD in the US, has three stages.  The first stage is genital sores.  These eventually heal and most people believe that it was nothing after this, but the STD is not gone.  In the 2nd stage it gets into the blood stream and is undetectable by the carrier.  If treatment is not saught before the 3rd stage, it will invade every tissue of the body including the brain and cause death.

Sooooo..... not to freak you out or anything but just don't make assumptions about sores.

I'm not positive about this but I believe it is possible to get an STD from sitting on a public toilet or something (even though the odds are very very small).

It would be wise to get it checked out for the "just incase" factor.
Hi,I would get checked asap.Could be many things but I would not play around with a problem like that.Something that could be simple to treat now could become a large and long term problem to treat later.Good luck.
The cuts are healing up and the dry skin is going away.  Do you think I should still get checked anyway?
since three days ago my pennnis started torealy sting then little lumps apperd that i can burst but since then i can peal skin of it how long wil it last and how do i cure it
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
majon999 added the Exercise Tracker
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle