Men's Health Community
Red stop on penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Red stop on penis

Hi im 23, im sexually active i have had a red spot like bruise size of a needle head since im a kid on the tip of my penis gland its not painful and it dosent have any texture to it. I have wondered all my life what it was, i have been checked by doctors couple times but for different things and they dint seem to show any concern on what it was. Do someone know what it would be ????

Thx
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello there,
A clinical examination is very important for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Red spot on the penis can be due to any allergy, inflammation or infection. In a condition called balanitis there is inflammation of the penis which can be due to fungus or irritants. Friction, harsh detergents or soaps all can cause red spots on the penis.You should see your doctor to determine the cause and for proper treatment. Do see a dermatologist. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Hello thanks for the answer although my problem does concern me, i feel a little reassured by the fact that ive had it all my life. My question today is would it be possible that it would be a little blood vessel that exploded and left a little red stain ? does it happen and if it does is it harmful in the longterm?

Thank you doctor

Thank you doctor