Reoccuring Eye Pain.
A few months ago  my son scratched my cornea. I went to the emergency room and they prescribed antibiotic eyedrops. Everything cleared up like it was supposed to. Now a month after it cleared up the same eye feels like it's scratched and dry, but nothing has happened that I know of to scratch it. And it is much worse in the morning and stops hurting by noon, with just some cleareyes eyedrops. Could this be a sign of an infection? Or is it just that I scratched it.
Hi there,
Without an eye examination it may be difficult to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. A corneal abrasion can create an opportunity for the bacteria to invade the eye .It can further affect natural defenses against organisms in the form of tears and thus  greatly increasing the chance of the development of severe bacterial keratitis .For dry eye you may need eye drops to control corneal inflammation and artificial tear drops. See an ophthalmologist for correct diagnosis and management. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Piparskeggr says 20 1/3 year old Miss T... Comment
Piparskeggr commented on Piparskeggr's status
hahdhdja joined this community
Welcome them!
Oct 19