Retracting testicles into Inguinal Canal...

I know many people probably wouldn't even want to, but I've always wondered if its possible to retract the testicles into the inguinal canal for a prolonged period of time, and if so, can it cause any bad side-effects (except for unfertile sperm due to increased body temperature, but I'm not planning on having kids for years to come, if at all).

I can see quite a few benefits for being able to do this: less risk of testicular injury (no one can kick you in the johnies), natural birth control (though not nearly as effective as a condom, which also protects from STDs), and I personally think it would look/feel better to have no sensitive things dangling there to get pinched or tangled in my pants throughout the day.

I know that its possible to massage the testicles up the inguinal canal, but they don't want to seem to stay. Is it anatomically impossible? I've looked at some diagrams and it seems like the canal may lead into the abdominal cavity, and it would seem like  if they were in there before (early in our lives), they should be able to go back.

Now I know the typical response will just be "You don't want to do that... just leave them free and happy," but honestly, I think I would like them secured throughout the day when I don't really need them to produce offspring.

Thanks!
dude, if i have this right, your testies should go inside you till you are about 8 years of age, hence if you ever see babies they don't have any testies, thats cos its inside them to protect them, as it does with kids up untill 8 as they lead very hectic lives till then

your canal then closes over at that age, and some kids are left witn undecended testies, which need help to be taken out.....i don't agree that you should go trying to push them back up, i have actual problems keeping mine down. i have very tight scrotum and its actually very uncomfortable and horrible to think they are hiding inside me, (mine arn't inside me but they do slip up the side of my penis and down the side of my leg as they are squashed due to tight tight scrotum) not to mention anyone giving me help to fix my problem...

as for protection inside you, maybe but i doubt it, cos if you had a punch to the tummy or if you play sport and got a nock you would be in aggony... as well if you get anything wrong and they need to swell you are stuffed.....

would highly not recomend trying to push them back up, they may never come down. would be happy to trade my tiny tight testies for largeer looses ones, you have no idea how much it destroys my life
dude, i work in labor and delivery and captain winky's bean bag chair should be filled with 2 beans when they're born. 8 years old? undecended testicles can suppossedly increase your risk of testicular cancer later in life.
My right testicle finds its way into my abdomen every now and then, usualy just before I reach a climax and my scrotum is tight, to be honest I have to push it back straight away because it feels horrible.

I guess if males were intended to store their tesicles somewhere else other than the scrotum they would never have come down out of there in the first place, I have a feeling they would be more prone to getting crushed in the abdomen, eg when bending or sitting forward, jeez I think I will keep mine swinging.
its just what i read i dont mean they are undecended at 8 i believe they are generally in the sack by then but they can still retract up inside the body. and its about 8 where it closes over... correct me if i am wrong
my scrotum shrivells up a lot and my testies wind up up the side of my penis not sure if its in my canal but its very uncomfortable i have posted about it before with no luck of fixing my problem....

The muscles around the inguinal canal openings do get tighter at about 8 years or so, but they can be loose enough that the testes can retract back upwards, even when you wade in cold water.
The opening can be stretched rather easily to allow massaging the testes up into the small pocket behind the muscles.

The Samurai actually practiced this to protect themselves in combat. The muscles apparently provide some cushion so the testes are not so vulnerable. The first place i read of this was in the James Bond books by I. Fleming.

In my experience, there is no lasting danger to the testes from this.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle