Men's Health Community
Ruptured Hemorrhoids

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ruptured Hemorrhoids

Rather embarassing thing really, I have a few hemorrhoids which i have stupidly ignored for a while. I noticed one has being bleeding rather a lot after bowl movements.

This has started to worry me somewhat, any reccomendations with regards to products etc.

Thanks in advance.
1 Comment
I used preperation H cooling gel to treat my hemorrhoids, and i found it to work very well, better than the regular prep h. If that does not clear it up in a couple of weeks, you may just need to have them removed. In the mean time, try to eat a lot of fiber to make your waste easier to pass and DO NOT STRAIN when using the restroom as this will only make them worse. And it goes without saying to be gentle when wiping. As for the bleeding, sometimes after they begin to bleed they will go away, however keep an eye on it as it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between bleeding hemorrhoids and other conditions. If you need to see a dr., if you can save yourself the hassle of referalls and go straight to a GI specalist or proctologist. He will be able to help you with it.

Dont be embarrsed about it though, it happens to almost every one at least once in there lives, and is usually associated with a bout of constipation.

Good luck.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle