Severe Chest and Neck Pain/Cramping
I had rheumatic fever 9 months ago and am trying to work on gaining my cardio back. I had slight damage to a valve and was in the ICU for 6 days. I am 32 years old. My titer test? was 490 last month out of 200? I have had several episodes of severe central/left chest pains and left neck pain and cramping that last between 10-15 seconds and 1 minute. It takes my breath away and if I am not sitting knocks me to the ground. In have not seen a cardiologist, but am scheduled to go back and see the infectious disease specialist in about a month. Should I ask to see a cardiologist or just ignore the pains?
Hi there,
If a person has had an attack of rheumatic fever it is very common to have further attacks in the future. These attacks can be prevented by taking a long-term course of antibiotics. It is suggested to avoid cardio and other strenuous activities till you are symptom free. It is best to see your cardiologist and get examined .A clinical examination and work up may be necessary. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.