Men's Health Community
Should I be able to feel groin lymph nodes?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be able to feel groin lymph nodes?

Basically what the topic states. I can feel lumps in my groin both on the left and ride side.

I found this picture to show you where I feel them.
http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/swollen-lymph-nodes-in-the-groin.jpg

I can feel two hard lumps in this same exact location. They aren't noticeable you have to push down a little to feel them. Should they be there or should I not be able to feel them at all?

Just some quick info. I've been to the doctors about a week ago, I went 2 or 3 times just because I'm worried all the time about my health. I lost over 100 pounds in 6 months from dieting and exercise and he thinks that is why I'm worrying. He did a blood test to make sure. I asked him if the blood test will show cancer and anything else possible. He said it will show anything wrong with you.

About 3 days later he called and said this exactlly "Your blood couldn't be cleaner, your cholesterol is perfect and there's no reason you should be worrying".

My other question would be, would cancer show up in the blood test no matter what they were looking for in the first place? He said it was a overall test...

I just have a big problem with worrying so before I bug my doctor again do you think these lumps are ok?

Thanks so much for taking time to read all this.