Shrinking Penis
I have posted here before, but I feel that I must be persistent.  I am 29 years old, and have been impotent for about 2 years now.  2 years ago, I was absolutely fine.  I could have sex as many times as I wanted to.  3 times a night would be no problem.  I woke up with erections, and if I didn't have sex I would masturbate in the morning and before I went to bed.  

It is a different story now however.  No morning wood.  No libido.  If I am able to get an erection it doesn't last long.  Visual stimuli has no effect, I have to use my hand and that doesn't work very well.  When flacid, my penis is smaller now.  The skin feels different--less sensitive.  I see veins where I couldn't see any before.  When I walk around, it feels like I don't even have a penis anymore.  It feels like nothing is there.  As a result of this I have lost my girlfriend, my confidence in life, and I think I am losing my mind.  Oral drugs don't help.  

I've been to urologists at an ivy leage teaching hospital. He basically said 'that's life' and showed me penis pumps.  I really don't know why I am typing this message, as I don't think there is anything anyone can really do.  I am beyond the point of losing hope.  I quite honestly do not want to live like this anymore.  

My only questions are:
a.  Why & how did this happen?
b.  Is there any way to fix it?

If you know a doctor, please forward this to him/her because I really need help.  Thank you.
Thanks for posting up your results. Your LH seem's low. A normal LH is around 3/4. This in turn could be causing the low test levels.

Being low is a good indication that your testicles might still be working, but you like you said yourself could also point towards your piturity being the problem.

The fact you mentioned no atrophy is a sign that the varicocele might not be to blame but unless you get a proper test then it will be difficult to out rule.

You could try running a course of Nolva/Clomid on a daily basis to see if your testicles are capable of producing higher levels and see how you feel.  Nolvadex Targets estrogen at breast tissue and parts of the brain. This in turn leads to a higher LH output and a higher testosterone level in return. The problem is when E2 is brought down to low this can cause problems (as can high E2).

A nolva test would be able to tell if you have a testicular or piturity problem based on the percentage of increase you get in total T from using 20mg a day. It's pretty straightforward with minimal to no side effects.

Can you still feel the varicoceles at all? Do they cause any kind of discomfort or problems beside the low t?
Yes, I've been wondering if maybe the androgel just isn't raising my T-levels. As far as my sexual dysfunction goes, it's still pretty bad. I haven't really noticed a difference since starting androgel. Penis is still shrunk up and desensitized, difficult to get/maintain erections, no spontaneous erections, no morning wood, low libido. Thought maybe testosterone just wasn't the problem before, but now I'm thinking the androgel just isn't raising my T-levels any. I'm thinking about stopping and seeing if I notice any difference. Do you know how long I will have to be off of it before I would be able to notice (or not notice) a difference? If I have high E-2 when I get tested next Friday, what would most likely be the cause?
In reading your comments back and forth, I wonder if I am experiencing the same problems. Back in high school I measured over 8 inches, now I believe I would be 6.5 or smaller. I do have a swollen vein on top of my sperm chord which has been ultrasound and physically inspected by two doctors. No one has ever told me my penis would shrink. I still get morning erections often, but it is hard sometimes to stay erect during sex with my wife. I also would measure pretty well in how large my testicals are, although they might be smaller than before also. I have put on some weight over the years, but read that you only lose 1 inch per 100 lbs.. I have only gained around 30 lbs. or so. Please help me with any info. you might have. If this isn't reversable, then I might see about penis extension surgery. I am having surgery to remove the vein, but if it doesn't fix the problem, then what's the point? Thanks for your time!
It sound's like you have a varicocele but this doesn't mean you have low testosterone. Weight gain in itself will lead to higher estridol/E2 levels so working out a little and loosing the gut is always the best step before looking into medication.

You never mentioned your age, how long you have had this varicocele and such like. Ask your doctor/GP for a hormone profile the same as i listed above.
Thanks for emailing back. I am 30. I have had this problem for about 4 years. I noticed my penis getting smaller way before I realized the swollen vein, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Do you think after surgery things can go back to normal, or do these kinds of problems need more attention? I will talk to a doctor about the tests you recomended, but it may be a while before I go. Thanks again for taking your time to help out.
You are still young like myself (I am 23 year's old and had to learn this stuff the hard way too). During puberty there is a rapid rise in T levels and elevated LH/FSH. High levels of T and DHT result in a larger and "fuller" looking penis.

I also suffered the shrinkage myself but have since start a custom  routine of HCG + TRT and i can safely say i am feeling alot better. Penis is hanging better, testicles are a bit fuller (though not much) and libido is doing well.

Testim is alot better than androgel for me at least, though i seem to respond well to both (i am very lean with little muscle mass). HCG helps restore ejaculate volume and testicular size and prevents the tight scrotum problem while on TRT.

Hey guys, I am 22 year old living in Providence. I too seem to have lost some size in my penis over the past year or so. Additionally, my penis now slightly angles to the right when erect. I am very healthy and not overwieght. I used to be 7.5 inches when I was freshmen in college. I am a senior now and I am 6 inches, and not as thick as I was. This is very troublesome and depressing

Additionally, I cannot last as long as I used to. Whats very weird is i can see veins on my penis from the base about 3/4 the way up, they look healthy but that last inch right by the head, they seem to disappear or are zigzaggy and very thin (what would cause this)?, and the skin there seems sort of raw. Also, the head of my penis does not seem to beocme as engorged as it once did when erect.

My penis does not feel as elastic or spongey when flacid as it used to (what could be the causes?) Lastly, my testacles feel as if they have shrank. They used to dangle low and swing when I would be engaged in sex when entering my partner (and i miss that). I have been tested for all STDS including herpes and HIV and they were all negative. I have had blood work done but I don't think the checked my T levels. Also what does PCT, HMT, DHT, TRT, and varicocle mean?

I guess I am just really worried. I can still ejaculate and have semen come out, but it doesn't shoot as far nor is it as large amount as it used to be. I just hope I can put a stop to the rate these problems are occurring or reverse them. Finally, when I masturabte, the whole top 1/2 of my shaft appears to get dry, it turns whitish and looks like dry skin, but its not, and it likes mike it may crack, but not bleed, just be red and irratated. ANY HELP from someone with any insight into any of these problems would be appreciated. Thank you
Hey, how you doing?

About a year ago I realized I probably have Inguinal Hernia but I'm too scared to do anything about it because I would probably would have to do surgery and that's a scary tought. If it would have been any where else on my body I wouldnt have cared as much. Now  I am starting to notice bigger balls, and shrinkage in the actual penis! I don't have imputence (thank god) yet and hopefully never lol but i do have low sperm fertility (thin sperm) before it used to be thick and white. I did suffer from an STD but i caught it quick and cured it (hopefully)as I didn't have time to go back for confirmation, it feels like its better though! lol. I think it is obvious that I probably know the answer to my own problem which is to probably see the doctor to refer me to a hernia specialist then have an MRI then probably take it out, take some hormonal pills and get better. Am I right? Or is there anything else that I can possibly do?

By the way I am 23 years of age, I also live in a country with fancy doctors and very good benefits lol and my sex life is not as it used to be, it is alright now but when im having sex the only problem i feel is the length not being as big as it should be! which sucks big time!
I want to ask everyone here to relax and stop worrying. Worry and stress in itself WILL cause additional hormonal problems (including adrenal issues and lower testosterone). Unless you are living with this 'condition' for more than 4/5 year's and have very low testosterone (i.e. 10nmol and below) then the chances of actually loosing "size" is near impossible, this IS reversible. The penis is a developed organ that cannot just diminish over night. Everyone here needs to start realizing that hormones are the cause of diminished blood flow to the penis and in turn effecting erection quality and overall penis health. Once the balance (not just 'higher' levels) are back using whatever treatment is required your penis will hang and swell up like it did before, in fact i might have actually "gained" some length and girth since starting replacement treatment. So there is hope. Trust me, i have felt similar to what you guy's did at one point.

The balance of Testosterone to Estrogen controls the flaccid penis size, if testosterone is low then estrogen is either higher or lower. High or low both cause there own problems, both of which "can" cause a small flaccid penis size and less full erections. Estrogen is responsible for maintaining healthy, thick skin, etc. This is why females have thick and luscious skin during there teenage years.

Dry skin is not only possible low E2 (though it has to be very low), but can also more frequently be due to hypothyroidism.

Testosterone and DHT have a role in determining blood flow through the penis and testes, affecting nitric oxide production which in turn effects erectile function and "quality".

@LightningTomater

You never mentioned your age, weight, diet and exercise you do. The changes you are seeing in your penis are from hormonal alterations as described above. The vein's can appear more prominent if E2 is high but at the same time low E2 (estridol) can cause dry skin on the penis and reduced blood flow. DHT and Estridol are very important hormones for maintaining the e'elastic' feeling of the penis and the erection quality. There can be some loss of tissue in the penis if T/E is low, this doesn't effect the actual smooth muscular tissue but rather than thin surrounding tissue on the penis. This could be why you are experiencing the raw and more prominent vascular features. DHT (a hormone converted from testosterone in the liver) is roughly 5 times more powerful than testosterone and one of the main hormones for promoting body hair growth, muscular look, penis blood flow, etc.

Check above both your testicles for a "varicocele". This is an enlarged vein that is attached to your testicle. It will feel like a swelling in your scrotum on either side. If your testicles have shrank with no specific reasons you need a full hormone work out done and an evaluation by a urologist. Secondary hypogonadism is possible.

The fact you mentioned reduced seaman could be from reduced FSH/LH output from your piturity gland which could also explain the other hormonal problems you are experiencing too. Sometimes the mumps, chicken poxs, head tramua, etc can cause issues with the piturity that in turn cause hormonal issues and also the testicles.

You need to get the following checked:

Total Testosterone
Bioavailable Testosterone
Estradiol
DHT
LH
FSH
TSH
SHBG
Prolactin

@MPV

Doing good, thanks for asking. How about yourself?

Inguinal Hernia can cause all manner of problems including disturbances to the testicular vein plexas due to additional pressure on the testicular veins. Some men experience a spiking pain in the testicle(s) and shrinkage/atrophy or sluggish blood flow around the testicle. Both of which will cause leydig cell dysfunction and hormonal alterations. Inguinal Hernia could lead to varicocele formation which can then lead to testicular dysfunction/failture and hormonal abnormalities also.

This is something that should be looked into and fixed. An ultrasound can evaluate this and a simple out-patient procedure can be done to repair this. Testicular veins have no 'connections' with the penis so fixing this will only further improve testicular function.

Increased testicular size should be investigated. Diety changes or an increase of Zinc could cause this. Blood flow abnormalities should also be investigated.

Higher testosterone levels usually result in higher E2 which in turn can cause a smaller penis size but usually has no effect on erect penis size. How is your abdominal weight and health in general?

Feel free to ask anymore questions, i am here to help.

How you doin agian megazoid?

Well I'm 6'2" about 185lbs, I workout on a regular basis i do have abdomonal muscles as well (abs), I jog, I push myself to the limits when working out, so I know im in pretty good shape! I'm also a personal trainer.

I know there is a size difference about 2" less than what it should be, I was pretty good before so 2" less still keeps me above average lol but I want to do whatever it takes to get it back! a man just isnt a man with out his penis. lol

It's a scary thought to go inside an operating room with idiot doctors waiting to cut you open, now thats frightening especially after hearing about all those horror surgeries gone wrong. I just don't want the idiot doctors to replace my penis with an arm or something, or even a finger! lol

I know I have to go for some sort of X-ray wether its a CT Scan, MRI, or Ultrasound? Isnt that for mothers with babies? And then possibly find a decent doctors with amazing crudentials to operate. Then take some hormonal drugs or something, I dont even know anymore. I thought about it for so long that I just don't care anymore, Im not stressed or anything, I'm far from it, I just do not care anymore! I work out, I'm pretty healthy.

I guess the first step is to be refered to a Urologist, hopefully a very good one, before I start thinking ahead of what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks for the advice
MVP

Thanks a lot for all this information.You have given a new hope.

I felt shrinking in penis two years back, I guess this is the same time I started gaining weight. I am 5' 7" with 185 Lb now, a gain of 30 lb.I think it could be reason.I will follow up with the tests you recommended.

Anyways, another  bigger problem which I am concerned is the considerbale bending of my penis downwards.This is due to wrong style masturbation in childhood.I did lying on my stomache which I guess pressed the tissues just after the base.
I read somewhere that Vitamin E will help me.
Do you have any information in this issue.? Help will be appreciated.

I am glad you have gained a sense of hope. This is important for your mental state as well as physical. These problems can be resolved with correct treatment and time.

Penile blood flow and scrotal sensation is a complex balance between each the hormones and neurotransmitters.

Testosterone helps improve blood flow through the penis. However, an excess may actually reduce blood flow. For example, testosterone can both increase and decrease blood pressure - depending on its relationship (e.g. ratio, activity, level, etc.) to other hormones such as estradiol and DHEA.

Estradiol plays a role in penile blood flow. Perhaps when estradiol is too high or too low - for the particular individual - flow is affected negatively. In some people, a good level may be 25. In others - particularly those with higher end testosterone levels - a level of 40-50 may be better. So long as a person isn't exhibiting signs of excess estrogen (e.g. gynecomastia, prostate enlargement), then the use of Arimidex, DIM or ZMA to knock down estradiol may not be necessary.

Thyroid hormone plays a role in this also. Blood flow may be reduced and the scrotum retracted when thyroid hormone is too low since one's metabolism and temperature may be lower. The scrotum retracts to help maintain the testes at a certain temperature - not too high, not too low - for sperm production.

High norepinephrine levels - such as in anxiety states - may reduce blood flow by constricting blood arteries in general.

Adrenal fatigue may reduce blood flow by causing the brain to produce more norepinephrine.

Excess serotonin may reduce blood flow and sensation - by reducing dopamine and sex drive, by numbing sensations - as it blocks the sensation of stress.

There are many relationships like this among the hormones and neurotransmitters.

All "normal labs" tells me is that the lab results are within 2 standard deviations from the mean for that particular lab - i.e. the labs are within their reference range.

However, "normal" labs may still indicate illness - depending on the skill one has in reading the labs.

Vitamin e can be used to prevent scar tissue buildup and muscular atrophy in the collagen based penile tissue. I advise 800iu daily (2 'gel' based capsules are best). I also recommend promoting blood flow to the whole area roughly 4/5 hour's after taking this by showering and stretching the penis and promoting blood flow. It "is" possible to reverse tissue changes on some parts of the penis when hormones are balanced properly.

You never mentioned your age Donvar? Weight gain can be a sign of estrodiol dominence and/or high DHT levels.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.
Anclerson, alcholol has various effects on penile blood and the endocrine system. I wouldn't recommend a urologist or endocrinologist for dealing with male hormonal problems, you won't get the answers you need. Your testosterone could be 1 or 2 points above the "normal" range and they would claim you are normal and healthy. The fact is, this isn't "healthy" for you and you have noticeable symptoms. You need to visit an anti-aging clinic (TRT/HRT specialists) who will get you back on track. You never mentioned where about you stay?

Alcohol has multiple negative effects on the endocrine system, such as:

1. Alcohol blocks the production of growth hormone and blocks the liver's production of IGF-1 in response to growth hormone. If a person is on growth hormone replacement therapy, a single glass of wine, can of beer, shot of liquor wastes that day's growth hormone dose. It is a waste of time and money to give growth hormone to a person drinking alcohol daily.

2. Alcohol is a simple sugar. The brain senses this and thinks it has enough adrenal cortisol production, then reduces arenal function for hours. Like eating a sugary candy or food or fruit juice, one can worsen adrenal function for hours by drinking alcohol. This causes fatigue that lasts long after the drink of alcohol.

3. Alcohol withdrawal can occur from non-abusive doses of alcohol. This can interrupt melatonin production and sleep.

4. Alcohol can suppress testosterone production by at least 40/50%, this could aggravate penile shrinkage symptoms.

Alcohol is toxic to practically every cell in the body. If one chooses to drink alcohol, it should be intermittently - as a treat so to say - rather than being regularly used.

The problems is, once your hormones are in order using whatever treatment is required you might be required to stop alcohol intake. I have had to make this sacrifice myself (I am also only 23 year's old - it's tough) but the sexual improvements are worth it.

I am on Testim (2 tubes daily) + HCG (250iu - mon-wed-fri) and getting high testosterone levels from this. I am taking ZMA, DIM, Vit B6, Vit E, Vit D + Calcium and a good multi-vitiam. So far so good, i am still not 100% perfect though.

Thanks for the response. I thought it would safe to drink a small amount of alcohol since I am not currently on TRT. Guess I was wrong. I won't be touching it for awhile now. I should also mentioned that I have been experiencing constipation ever since I first got the penile shrinkage and ed. Thought they didn't have anything to do with each other at the time, but now that I'm still experiencing both, I'm pretty sure they are being caused by the same thing. Do you think there's anyway my problems may indicate a vascular problem? If so, why would alcohol affect it? Thanks.
Megazoid, I saw yet another urologist that couldn't help me out. Very frustrating. I'm going to take the tests you recommended to an endocrinologist and see if they can figure out what the problem is. Also, I thought it would be important to note that after one beer my penis atrophy is greatly exacerbated. This I find disturbing considering I used to be able to drink a dozen beers playing beer pong (yeah I'm in college) and still perform perfectly sexually. Now after one my penis shrinks and there's no chance of getting an erection. Does this give you any insight as to what the problem is? Thanks again for all the help and support.
Thanks for the info.
As about my information, I am 29 and I am from Houston,USA.
As per your advice, I will start Vitamin E.I also read that there is some cream
'verapamil' (a calcium channel blocker)  evidently helps break up the scar tissue.But is expensive $275.
http://www.malehealthcenter.com/c_peyronie.html

Other than this for shrinkage, I will go talk to my URO about these tests you mentioned.But you know, they always say every reading as normal, so where do I find  healthy mean/ranges for these tests.

Total Testosterone
Bioavailable Testosterone
Estradiol
DHT
LH
FSH : range = 1.5-8.0 mIU/mL
TSH
SHBG
Prolactin

Also I forgot to mention earlier,After shrinkage which was 2 years back,I got prominent veins on my penis with zigzag patterns similiar to mentioned by LightningTomater.Also I had a weak erection and seldom morning wood from childhood.
Anyways, good that you gave a number of options, an endocrinologist and Anti aging clinics.This is going to be a major personal project.
I'm going to start a cycle of Nolvadex (20mg/daily) to see if lowering my E-levels will give me any results. You suggested doing this before when I mentioned that I had low FSH. How exactly should Nolvadex raise my FSH and Testosterone levels? Thanks.
Megazoid, I am living/going to school in Southern Ohio. I need to find a TRT/HRT specialist. Any suggestions? I'm very interested in HCG. Thanks.
The problems you are suffering all stem from a lack of neurotransmitters in the brain,which have been drained by over masturbation.Also your hormones have been depleted,dhea,testosterone.The lack of serotonin and dopamine also lead to body pains,premature ejaculation,watery semen etc etc.You should check out Dr Linns Viapal products.If you are under 30 then go for viapal J,if over 30 then Viapal P.
Hey megazoid do you have a email adress would like a chat i have been taking 20 mg nolvadex and arimedex @ 0.5mg and my test has gone for 184 to 512 in 3 weeks i feel like a man again i did roids and shut my HPTA down for 6 years and only just trying to get it back been on PCT for 41 days so far. My next blood test will be in 2 week is i expect my test to be in the 650 to 700 range my age is 36 btw my fsh level were

LH 3.1
FSH 3.4
Now they are !!!

FSH 7.3
LH 7.6
So my problem was my piturity gland was shut down fingers crossed it will hold up after PCT what do you think ? I think the results are great
All the best zoidbar PS check out www.steroids.comforum some very good info on their i go by the name zoidbar.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.