Men's Health Community
Shriveled penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Shriveled penis

I see it has been a while since anyone posted on this and I wonder what has transpired. I wish I found this years ago but alas I missed it. I have had similar issues pretty well my whole life. Much to what I think is many folk's surprise I actually did live past 16 and am now 45. I was very sick when I was younger and spent a significant amount of time in and out of hospitals with recurrent "nephritis" issues. Kidney infections for us lay folk. The hospitalization stopped after I was administered an experimental (at the time) sulfa drug. I have no idea of the name of the drug though. Since then I have had on and off again bouts of inflammation which seems associated with my inability to empty my bladder entirely. For the first 30 years of my life I seemed quite capable of achieving erections. I awoke with an erection most days and my biggest problem (aside my shriveled penis when flaccid) was that I would orgasm in seconds. In my late 20's I got involved in church. The group I was involved with taught that masturbation was a sin so I focused on not being "sinful" and almost never masturbated for years. I was very prolific up till that point. In my case this was a very bad thing I am thinking. After some time had passed I started noting that I was not waking up with morning wood and of course had to try self stimulation to see if all was well still. It was clearly not! I worked at it for days and finally was able to hold my erection long enough to orgasm. This scared me so I practically ran to the doctor who completely dismissed me thinking that I had a case of some clinical name for "Penis Envy". No love loss there right? Needless to say I ditched that doc and started going from one to another looking for someone who bothered to care for more than just getting me through their door. It took me years but I finally found one. He sent me to a urologist who ran some tests, told me I had "chronic prostitits" which I would presume as he put me on the maximum dose of Cipro XL was bacterial based and repeated the routine. That run lasted  6 months. We did that again later that year too but only for 4 weeks that time. It helped... A lot actually. I shriveled less, started to have morning stiffness and even stirrings libido wise but it was only a start.  I had up and down days. More down than up though. I had always noted a few things about me and also had some issues that I had no idea I had because I never felt any different. I was always cold. I didn't just feel cold either. I would literally turn blue even at 21 degrees C. Again no-one cared. Aside from that I was often lethargic even though I am actually (not to brag) rather gifted in that department (not so much in other areas though...lol) Also I was always tired, rather unhappy and throughout my entire life have never even though I had tried working out a number of times been able to put on muscle. I have almost always literally had a spare tire (fat that goes all the way around) and not anywhere else. A dead give away ya? Nope. I live in Canada medical assistance here is free! I had to go and pay an  ED specialist. This is not covered by our "OHIP" system (at least not entirely). My GP refused to send me to an Endocrinologist. All I wanted was to run the tests. The ED doc who is actually a licensed Urologist ran my hormone levels a few times. He found that yes, my Testosterone levels were consistently on the lower end of normal and the tests were set up to show what they would be on the highest side (morning tests, hence morning wood). We talked about the situation and as much as he had to tell me it was an option he highly advised against putting me on TRT. I went away dis-parred, researched the topic further and went back a few weeks later. You see, there are many parts to that. One of the things that he noted as a red flag was the shriveled penis. That said it appears the science behind endocrinology is not as well studied as we are led to believe. The ED specialist (Urologist) pointed out that they are just numbers and that there are men with classically low numbers who outperform men with normal and high numbers. They actually don't know why. As side from that I also wonder what he tested me for as most of it I had no idea about at the time. Anyway, although I did have to pay for one of the tests. Not that I care either. What is your health worth to you? I just want to live! I would pay everything I have and more to be able to be normal for once.
I know this is getting long but I wanted to say was I figured out a few things. I had an appointment with my Urologist for the prostititis. This was the 4rth guy in recent history actually. The one who had helped me retired so I went through a few after that. One guy wanted to hack out part of my prostate (a common treatment, much dicussion online surrounding that) so this guy was "a second opinion". No or damaged, non-functional prostate means no sex incidentally. The new guy ran a battery of tests and found out that my new treatment regime (a combination of TRT, my own, very long list of supplements, diet and exercise. I am pretty serious about all of this) got my urination stuff mostly under control and for the first time in my life they actually recorded me emptying my bladder entirely. We can't figure how Testosterone factors into that but it is very clearly a factor as inflammation returns without either the TRT or the supplements. In Canada the government is on a witch hunt for doctors who prescribe TRT for no go reason and on the surface I would be flagged as one of those cases however all of my doctors. The Ed doc was very concerned about it but even my GP who actually does the bi-weekly injections supports it based on what has happened. He hated the idea of TRT in the first place. I am wondering though. Could we be a little off course and just be working on the wrong hormone? There is lots of data coming down the pipe recently about HGH & IGF-1.
If the root cause is prostate and if prostate massage can help, you may learn about prostate massage. There are 4 types of massage. You may select two which are safe and easy to do. Google abdominal prostate massage and anal peripheral prostate massage. You may research natural way to increase testesterone.
Some populare exercises are male deer exercise and kegel exercise. If it resonate with you, do exercise regularly or discard it. Another cluster of exercises for sexual problem is kundalini yoga. You may pick up exercises you like.