Men's Health Community
Small Tears On My Penis Wont Heal

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Viewing 201-216 comments:
I've had this same exact problem for years. Its very frustrating and very discouraging to my sex life. Nothing seems to work. I dont know if its a fungus, a disease or just skin not regenerating the way its supposed to, or all of thee above. Everytime it stops,,, it rears its ugly head again at the first time of some passionate loving. Antifugals do help but its not the permanant cure. If there is any urologist out there that can truely heal this **** PLEASE "holla at your boy"!! Good luck to all my fella's struggling with the struggle.
Well I had the same problem for about a couple weeks now but me and girlfriend are herpe  positive so the doctor recommended a cream for our open sores and itchy burning feelings and turns out this cream is great for that. It also helps me recuperate my cuts and I only have to wait 2 weeks until we have sex again, and the wet lube does help also the cream is called zovirax it is prescription and even with insurance its pretty pricey 35$ but it does help and only a 1/4 size of a dime is needed as it melts on natural skin tempature. Let me know if it helps!
everybody im telling you its a fungus,i used Clotrimazole (anti- fungal) cream and in a week i was ready to go again,it was all healed
I'm in the same boat. I was having oral sex and their teeth kept catching me. To be polite I tried to ignore it but I had a lot of oral sex with her.

After two days I noticed the graze, and upon washing felt excruciating pain. It's been about a week now. For the past two days I've constructed some metal clips that I use to clip the skin back tight to the base which let's it air. What typically happens is during the day (where I'm confining myself to bed just to try and sort this out) it scabs and hardens, but during the night when I'm rolling around in sleep the clips come off, my skin moves forward, covers the scab and softens it. When I wake up and pull it back again the soften scab is loose and comes away with ease, then it's back to square one again.

For the past 3 days I've been using Iodine Tincture. I thought "this'll get it surely there's nothing better than iodine"... I'm really worrying now. Girlfriends want to see me and I'm having to create stories about why I can't see them yet.

I'm confident It would behave like a normal cut if I could just keep the skin back for 4 to 6 days.

I wish I'd never met with this person.

thank's for the advice.. after reading all that was posted here, i think somehow my feelings is a little bit calm.. tomorrow ill be getting that clotrimazole cream an anti-fungal cream and change my soap to dove.. this is my 3rd day of suffering with the cut and tears on my penis, i have multiple wounds around the shaft but the most severe cut is in the bottom of the shaft and it is like touching my pubic hair since the wound is in the bottom and not on the very tip or at the middle of the shaft, and i tried to cure it with betadine(povidone-iodine) but as the days goes by my cut seems to be much bigger!! and i am pretty sure that i got this not because of a decease.. i got this cut due to deep penetration and rough sex with my gf.. hope to find the clotrimazole cream work for me.. ill be back and post a comment again for the results! thanx to all.. hope for the best!!!
One of the post above mentioned the term "Short Banjo String" which is the frenulum right underneath the head of the penis which is causing this problem. So I went and did a google search on it and voila, the solution is found.

Have a read at this:
http://www.circumstitions.com/Frenbrev.html

It's a very common case amongst men that many do not know they have it or do not know the answer to it. I highly recommend you to read this article if it sounds like your problem, and the what the solution offer is a 10 minutes painless surgical procedure that involves surgically opening the frenulum and make extra stitches to it. It takes only 2 weeks to heal and 4 weeks after to get back to full functionality. I have this problem myself and will get it checked out in the near future, it's just annoying and stupid to have this minor setback to change the way you have fun.

Have a read and contact someone who can help.
Hi guys,
I had the same problem and a doctor prescribed "Fucicort" Antibiotic/ corticosteroid creame. It is working perfect. Wish you fast cure.
Hello everyone,

This is a somewhat common problem due to the fact that the glans (glands) penis (the head of the penis) is made up of delicate tissue that stretches frequently every time you have an erection (which is dozens of times a day - usually during sleep).

There is a lot of good advice on here and a lot of bad advice. First, you can exacerbate this problem by obsessing over it, excessively touching the area or applying chemicals or creams. Just take it easy and keep the area clean (wash gently with soap and water) and dry. You will want to rule out any sexually transmitted disease if you have had sexual contact even once. Just go to your doctor or your local Planned Parenthood tell them what is going on and ask for an STD panel. Also ask their advice on how to treat the lesion. Don't be embarrassed, be grown up about this. Note: if you do not have health insurance Planned Parenthood offers a sliding scale based on income. It will be very affordable.

Second, try what the doctor suggested. Stop using any cream or medication if more irritation occurs. Communicate with your partner - if they are not understanding then you should reconsider your relationship. Limit sexual activity that involves your penis. Try gentle thrusting with a condom on or gentle masturbation. This might be an opportunity to expand your repertoire in the bedroom and focus on pleasing your partner - your partner will appreciate this!

Third, be patient. It may take months to heal. Feel free to consult another doctor/s. You can try clotrimazole cream 3 x a day like many have suggested; fungal affections often occur secondary to cuts and trauma (fungal infections are often painless but may be itchy). If you do not see improvement in a month discontinue use. Only use one medication at a time. Neosporin would be a good choice as well if you have reason to believe it is a bacterial infection (redness, swelling, pain, itchiness). A and D ointment may be beneficial as well. Circumcision is unlikely to be of any benefit and circumcision can cause a number of problems as well. Just keep the area clean if you are circumcised, your foreskin will actually aid in healing.

Finally, keep your stress low and eat well. Where boxer briefs that provide support but do not constrict either. Be patient!

- Doc.

I got the same problem here, I'm 20 and every time I get an erection this rip of tear opens randomly and it can  happen anywhere around my penis, Creams tend to help mainly making the skin dense and more stretchable (I think) but it's like the foreskin around my penis is too tight that when I get really hard it rips and it can rip more than once, I'm not too sure about getting me penis cut off lol that's a bit to extreme for me but I just want it to go away because it stings when it rips open and I can see it effecting my sex life in the future like it has in the past, I've been reading some of these posts about special health creams and such so hoping to give that ago and see how that works out but it's so embarrassing to just go buy that kind of stuff from a pharmacy but I guess I got to, hope I can find a cure for this I've been checking up on this threat for sometime now :/
Hi one thing to add here is that i have the same problem and the cause is the sugar level in my blood. I noticed when my sugar level is between 4-7 i'm ok but when my sugar level is 9-15 i get the same cuts. I am a diabetic and the only way to heal is to get the sugar level down. In the mean time wash with salt water and apply a good cream so that it helps the pain and healing. There is no real cure unfortunately
Ok im probably younger than any of you soo im triping out like this has never happened didnt even know this was possible..My gf and i had sex when i inserted my penis she wasnt really 100% wet yet so it did sting. i didnt ntice anything but later that day i noticed i had a cut on the bak side of my penis like right below the head the im uncircumsized..i just thought she had bit me and jst cut me when she gave me head...i was hoping it wud heal soon and tats that but then after words we were having sex again and wen i stook it in i felt the stinging way worse but i jst continued we had sex and theyre was alot of blood lykk it was out of a SAW movie or some... its humilating i felt uhh i thought it was her at 1st as someone had said i thought she had started her period or some but no it was me bleeding i gave it a month (give or take) to heal it looked good to go jst that i cud deffinetly see were it was cut. it was about the diameter of a quarter and about as thick as a grain of rice so yah that healed up i used peroxcide and neosporyn idk if thats recommeneded?? then after words it healed i had sex again and it reopened hurt like a mother***** so idont know what to do im going to go get checked by the doctor soo embaressing x( please if anyone has any luck PLEASE tell me what you did? 9also somethig i found comfortable to do while it healed was to oil it and try not to wear tight close so my penis wouldnt touch my leg and sting.
GUYS, THIS IS NOT JUST A SIMPLE PROBLEM. HERE IS MY ADVICE:

GO TO A PROFESSIONAL DERMATOLOGIST. If you don't have money borrow money. You must see a competent doctor!!

All these ointments, supplements and lotions that everybody mentioned here will not help.

a) If it's an STD like Syphilis or AIDS then you need a serious immediate treatment.Those of you who have only one partner can never be sure whether that partner is actually also exclusive to you. Don't ask, just go to a competent doctor.

b) If it is not an STD, you need a prescription ointment. It will solve the problem completely within 5 days. Sometimes, prescription pills are also needed as a supportive treatment. And yes your penis will be 100% healthy again in less than five days. During those five days you must abstain completely from all kinds of sex and masturbation.

c) If it is not an STD, it is usually caused by one or more of the following factors combined and in no particular order:

- Multi bacterial and fungal infection
- rough sex
- not cleaning after sex or masturbation
- intercourse in dry vagina
- acquired allergy to latex condoms
- sharp teeth of partner giving felatio
- High dose of erectile dysfunction chemicals/tablets
- high pressure shower
- strong soap

I have had the same problem and so happy I finally found this.  I thought it was from working out and at worst a STD and couldnt find anything about this. Thank God! I was reading threw these for awhile then realized there was so many replies.

Saving me hours, can someone please tell me what everyone found out is the best remedy?

Never rush !!! Go slow with your sexual thoughts so that your penis can lubricate itself before a full and hard erection, or you might tear the foreskin due to tightness. If it does tear, pull back the foreskin and keep the wounded area dry for a couple of days for it to heal.
I KNOW HOW TO HEAL IT!!!!

I know this problem has been plaguing many, many men and I found a solution. I used a cream, CLOTRIMAZOLE AND BETAMETHASONE DIPROPIONATE, twice a day for a month. Do not have sex, oral sex, or masturbate. Do your best to keep from getting an erection (though this may not be important because it is impossible while asleep).

After a month, try light sex or light masturbation with a very good lubricant (traditional Astroglide is great, not the warming kind or anything). If you are going to try sex then DO NOT penetrate without a condom on. Make sure you apply lubricant to your mate as well as your condom. It doesn't matter if she is already wet, add the lubricant, the lubricant will make it much easier on your penis. Take it very slow and don't do any crazy positions (standard missionary should be fine). Once you are finished check to see how the tears are. If they reappear then you may have to try the process again, if it seems ok, then just take it easy on the sex for a month (meaning do it slow and in standard positions).

I did this process and am back to a healthy sex life, worry free.
I did not read all comments but - although I am not a doctor, I read a lot of nonsense. Guys, stop being silly. Of course you need to apply a cream !
You may be all very testosteroned very viril guys but you little (or big - whatever !) willies are sensitive and need care !
Usually, this things are due to fungus, so an anti-fungal cream should be applied to heal it. For those (like me) who are not cut (i mean you foreskin), it is particularly important to clean well after each time you are going for a wee and apply a cream like Canesten (usually for women or nappy rashes). rub it nicely (with clean hands), it is not so unpleasant after all and it won't take so many months to heal...
An if the pharmacist is telling you: "Oh, this cream is for women", first, tell her she's wrong! and don't be ashamed. The skin of your willy is as sensitive as the skin of the ladies ;-)
hi, i've had these sores around the round tip of the head of head of my penis for some time now and also the base of my shaft is very rough, i guess from too much masturbation. The sore don't hurt or itch at all. They are very dry in nature and when i scratch them off they are flaky in nature and thats only when i feel a little pain at all. When i use lotion or vaseline, it disappears sometimes and reappears after a day or two. what can i do to get rid of the sores please?
Fixed it. I just wanted to post on here because I was having the same problem as a lot of you and I tried some of the stuff I read on these posts. I guess the tear opened up initially right under the head of my penis after masturbating. I tried all kinds of creams and it would heal nicely until I would have sex and then it would just open up again. Stuff I was reading on this post made me scared about people dealing with this stuff for years and what not. But one guy posted that he had success with Bag Balm. Let me tell you. This stuff did the trick. I used neosporin and all that crap before and it helped it to heal well, but I couldn't get through sex without it opening up again. I tried applying the bag balm at night before I went to sleep and after a shower in the morning. I did this for about ten days without any sexual activity in between. My girlfriend and I had sex after that (and I was super nervous) and nothing. We had sex three times over the course of a few hours and not one opening. It did feel a little sore, but I'm guessing thats from the three times. I was super happy with the results and I have been putting bag balm on every other day as a prophylactic. You can get it at any Walgreen's. It comes in a green box. I just wanted to post as a thank you and to let you guys know this can be overcome.
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM DRY SKIN AND SMALL CUTS ON THE TIP OF THE PENIS AND WHEN YOU PULL THE SKIN BACK IT WAS VERY PAINFULL, I PUT LAMISIL CREAM ON IT THE DRYNESS WAS GONE IN A FEW DAYS AND THE TEARS ALSO . IT LOOKS VERY GOOD AFTER ABOUT 7 DAYS OF PUTTING LAMISIL CREAM . IT HAD TO BE A FUNGUS OR A YEAST INFECTION OF SOME KIND BUT ALL IS GREAT NOW. HOPE IT HELPS.
Does the clotrimazole have to be prescription, or can it be the OTC Lotrimin, that contains clotrimazole 1% ?
Additions to my last post

First, my skin was sore and not torn, so I'm looking for rapid repair of soreness.  Have today twice applied Lotrimin AF Antifungal clotrimazole cream,  and already it seems to feel better.

Second, I have found that, when resorting to solo sex, wear on my penis is much less if I use a personal lubricant (as little as $2 per 4 oz tube from Walmart and Rite-Aid) plus using an  artificial vagina such as one called "The Perfect Girlfriend", so long as the diameter is not too tight (a wide variety of diameters are available).  I have only recently discovered artificial vaginas, and they are sooo much more life-like and pleasurable than the facile fingers, and so much less abrasive.  I got sore this time because I got too greedy, and had sex three times within a 2 hour period.
This problem is more common than you think...it's a condition called Lichen sclerosus, it's a fungus that is not contagious to your partner.  It's not an STD and it's not more common here or there....example, the gym or toilet seat etc...you can get it anywhere.  It's a pretty easy cure with a prescription of Ratio-Clobetasol.  It will take about a week to 10 days to heal...keep the infected area dry after showers etc and apply according to your doctor.
ive been using neosprin for the longest, hasnt helped,
can someone just give me a couple names of creams so i can my penis back? all i have a are cuts around my penis,
I've been dealing this tear/re-tearing issue for about 2 months. Like everyone else I was putting neo on it and doing the waiting game for a week or so before sex. Then of course it would tear again. After reading this and other forums, I came to the conclusion that the root my problem may be fungal. So after reading some more I took the following shot-gun approach:
1) Took a vinegar bath (supposed to inhibit fungal growth)
2) Started a daily regiment of putting Gold Bond on my penis every few hours (whenever I would go to the bathroom) of course at work I couldn't do it.
3) When putting the on the Gold Bond, I would aggressively stretch the skin to try to keep the skin from healing tight or getting dry. This would re-open the cracks and be painful sometimes (many times), but I was determined not to allow the skin to get dry and contract. I wanted it to heal while being stretched.
4) When most of the cracks looked healed, I took a very aggressive next step to ensure the fungus was not there. After speaking with a pharmacist, the got some miconazole 2% liquid spray and treated my penis and scrotum. Yes, this is athlete's foot spray (LOL).
5) Continued the Gold Bond treatment, but sometimes alternating with vitamin E oil.

At this point, it seems to be healed and has passed the sex and masterbation (masturbation) test.
I don't really know what really did the trick, but think the fungal thing was a big contributor to the problem, and I think the stretching/moisturizing was big contributor to the solution, as well as the anti-fungal treatment.
Took about 2 weeks.

I've posted a before and after picture, but I'm not sure how to point you to it.

Good luck. Hope this helps someone.
What I use that works cause I haven't had this problem for a while is heal it with A&D then wash it off really good then put body lotion on it after is healed again use body lotion every two days or so it keeps the skin fresh clean and moist works for me now Get back to your exiting wonderful sex life you had
sounds good. I agree, the A&D plus the body lotion are the key. I'm doing a similar thing as far as using lotion and vitamin E oil to keep the skin moist.
I'm experiencing the same problems is there a cure for this problem.
LOTRIMIN - its a cream that be found at CVS! you will notice  the difference in 3 days! works amazing!
Circumcision may help as the exposed head and skin hardens after the circ..  You should be very careful having unprotected sex with cuts on your penis.  STDs and HIV are transmitted by bodily fluids and tears in the penis can become the source of infection.  If you gf has not been with other men it isn't a problem, but if she has you're sleeping with whoever she's had before in  terms of viruses.  You should have yourself tested.
I'm circumsised and I have this problem for 10 years now... Has anyone had any luck with zinc-oxide? I have Kamil Blue and i think of using it... altough using baby powder and anti-fungal cream seems better for this problem
ATTENTION!!!!!
GUYS I FOUND THE CURE.

Im 23, circumcised, and experienced this tear on the shaft for a month now....freaking out i decided to do some reach and came across this site. Ive tried using neosporin, miconazole 2%, lotion, peroxide, and other moisturizers.  For the most part guys i know for a fact its not an STD nor is it a FUNGAL INFECTION.  Im not a medical professional but i do have a doctor in the family.  What we have a extremely sensitive skin on the lower region.  SO what i tried was using:  

1) Bacintracin Zinc Ointment for 7 Days (twice a day)
2)Wash private part with DOVE FOR MEN UNSCENTED (VERY IMPORTANT)
3)HYDROPHOR OINTMENT

The problem Gentlemen is that we are using soaps with too much chemicals 'down there' which is causing thin tissue follow by the tearing, which repeats if not properly treated.  DOVE FOR MEN UNSCENTED is specialized for sensitive skin plus it provides a moisturizer (HIGHLY RECOMMEND). HYDROPHOR  OINTMENT is pretty much petrolatum jelly and it truly works just dab some on just enough for the shaft and any other dry areas near the tear.  

PLEASE NOTE GUYS!!!!    DO NOT USE BABY POWDER TO KEEP THE MOISTURE OUT, IT JUST MAKES MATTERS WORSE...

ANY QUESTION JUST ASK
Hi guys, I am having the same problem. Can anyone confirm if joshpatt88's solution works. Please post if it worked!
I used what is called a **** ring with my gf and after I noticed a bruise ring under the head of my **** I thought it would go away but it didnt instead all the skin there got very streachy what should I do
I want to thank you. I have had those cuts on and off for a long time. I tried the Clotrimazole and it freaking worked. Thanks so so so much.
Seriously, everyone on here that is having a problem with tears needs to get checked for diabetes.  I had the same problem for over 2 years.  I got checked for diabetes and now that my sugar count is down, I haven't had a tear in over a year.  I only take pills for my diabetes.  Everyone reacts differently, but just to experiment, if you don't want to get checked for diabetes then cut out all sugar products, including sodas.  No cream or medication will help or heal it.  Stop wasting your time with those products. Get checked ASAP for diabetes that is the real culprit to all this.
I had the same thing for 3 months. I tried using over the counter Clotrimazone cream which helped a little, but slowly, and the skin was still very sensative. Finally saw my doctor - it's a yeast infection for sure. He prescribed a cream with Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate and I was completely healed in 5 days.
A related discussion, Tiny cuts (FIX) under penis - My experience was started.
Check out my fix for this problem. I posted a topic about it in this forum.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Tiny-cuts-FIX-under-penis---My-experience/show/2661230#post_12907817
Hypericum 30 c
Homeopathic will heal most tears
Take 1 2x a day till you see and feel a difference.
Natural no side effects and will only heal that.
I give you this information because I went through the same thing.
So i've managed to solve this issue (for me), so I hope I can help someone else:

o There are a number of causes from reading this thread, but GP's tend to be pretty useless with such a niche injury, and since most of these creams/ointments are over the counter.. im sure ur happy to try some.

o Probably like most men, ive had numerous cuts/abrasions over the years, generally self-inflicted, they heal on their own.. what made this one different I suspect was that I had caught Thrush from my wife (we didnt realised she had it for months, sex was very rough), so the cuts had a kind of white top on them.. and they just kept appearing and tearing, 1 big one and lots of small ones.

o Nothing got better until that thrush was gone.. I ended up using some anti-fungal cream for a while, I thought I was in the clear once the white had gone, but nope.. still kept re-tearing due to probably how long it had been in that state, re-tearing over and over.... scar tissue etc

o Obviously abstinence would be wonderful for healing.. but look I couldnt do it, I could last 3 or 4 days before I couldnt take it... I was ready to explode, I experimented with how to do it without re-injuring the cut.. not much really worked initially, but I found using lube like Vasoline were bad due to the friction, no-lube also bad, I found a silicon-based lube called durex-play which is as little friction as possible, and while not ideal, it was a god-send to reduce the damage from sex or masturbation, as little damage as possible..

o So I ended up alternating between moisturisers such as Lansinoh (breastfeeding aid), I imported some Gold Bond Ultimate Heaing Moisturiser which the whole family including wife now uses and loves, its awsome stuff at a cheap price... and I also threw in something my GP suggested to thin the skin.,.  which I had at home anyway, a steroid+antifungal like Canesten Plus, alternating them every hour or 2.. if I had sex/masterbation which I did my best to go as long as possible between, I made sure to clean and re-moisturise immediately, and blow as quickly as you can lol to reduce damage.. I found for a few weeks, it was 2 steps forward, 1 step back.. but  I was winning the battle.

o A few more weeks on now and I feel like ive won, I can even have normal sex without lube and it seems ok, after sex the scar looks more pronounced, perhaps due to the blood flow or something, but its not tearing.. the scar seems to have kind of faded, but I suspect it was so bad itll always be visible now.. since it re-tore so many times.. but I think its ok, and I make a point to moisturise the penis every day or so.

Anyway im pretty happy to be out the other side, its a very serious issue as im sure people are finding, because it virtually means you cant have sex or masturbate which can be hard in a number of ways, especially if it was early in a relationship. I was thinking that worst case I might ask the GP for something to reduce libido to help it heal, but from my brief reading, such a thing doesnt exist.. apart from ill-wanted side-effects from some medication.. best of luck boys!
This might sound dumb but i had the same thing those  cuts and it was painful
But i used lysol on my penis where i had the cuts and boi it burned so bad but in a few days the cuts and pain were gone you might not belive me but try it and tell me it will work it worked for me

I have also experienced the same issue. I have been tested, and NO, this
issue commonly listed is not a STD. If you are burning during urination or bleeding, then you need to be worried. However, I recommend the Desitin Rapid relief cream that contains zinc oxide which relives the itching pain and restores the skin fresh and new OR Clotrimazole anti-fungal cream.
I have read every comment but nothing seems to be working. It would be appreciated if someone could send a reply to my thread: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Small-tears-on-the-head-of-penis-skin-wont-heal/show/2812123#post_13574725
Try 1 part Unrefined Virgin coconut oil and 2 parts Zinc Oxide powder. Mix into a paste and apply on affected area for 3 times a day for 7 days. Wound will heal fast.

Caution: don't force penetration during sex when it's dry. After any tear, men usually become conscious and more fearful of penetration and can ruin your sex life if not careful. Always stay lubricated and take precaution.

Good luck guys!

Good luck guys!
I had the exact same issues, for 7 months now. Then I read this thread and once I was armed with the knowledge that it was called "fissures" I searched and found this:

http://www.interestingarticles.com/mens-health-issues/dealing-with-penis-cuts--where-they-come-from-and-how-to-heal-9705.html

Basically, it claims that it is a yeast infection. So I went to the store and got some nonprescription medication for a yeast infection (Lotrimin Ultra). I've used it for 2 weeks now and I'm completely healed. The fissure is not only gone, the skin is as strong as the rest of the skin again! From reading this feed I'm confident that most of you on here had the same thing I did. Its not hard to fix. Wash with soap thoroughly, twice a day. Dry, then when the skin is fully dry apply the Lotrimin Ultra. When you masturbate use lotion, then immediately wash with soap afterwards, dry, and reapply. Give it two weeks and let us all know ;-).
Viewing 201-216 comments:
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
40 mins ago
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...
41 mins ago
10356 commented on 0213
55 mins ago
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle