Men's Health Community
Sore Lump Under the Skin Upper Thigh

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Sore Lump Under the Skin Upper Thigh

I have a sore lump under the skin located on my upper left thigh.  It's close to my privates.  It's sore when I walk.  I saw other people have roughly the same problem as I do.  I'm worried about it.  I squeezed it by accident, and bloody puss (I think) came out.    The lump is roughly the size of a marble.  I would like to know other people's opinions.

Thanks.
Tags: Health
sounds like a boil, i got one there from swimming in bad water
once. they are "staff" infections. if thats the case for you,
you should see a doctor to get some antibiotics and have it lanced (if you need too). i hate antobiotics and have gotten
rid of mine on my own with lots of antibiotic ointment and
warm compresses. they suck and are painfull as hell, but they
do go away. seeing a doctor is important sometimes with boils
cause if they get bad enough you can get blood poisoning from them !                     l.e.
Thanks, I'll put some polysorin on it, and see if it clears up by Monday.  If it doesn't I'll go to the doctors.
Wife just experienced a large boil similar to what you described.  There is infection going around that is causing an increase in the incidents of boils according to my wife's doctor.  May not want to fool around with it.  Go into the doctor's office and have it taken care of.  They may not lance the boil, but take a wait and see approach.  They eventually lanced my wife's boil.  It was large enough and infected enough that they kept the wound open and packed with gauze until the infection was gone.
Thanks.  The size has gone down quite a bit.  It's also not as sore anymore.  It's still sore to the touch, but not as bad.  So it seems to be going away.  But I'll still go to the doctors and see what he says.
keep it clean, don't let that infected stuff get anywhere !!!
our area (east coast river areas) have an epidemic of boils
cause the water is so filthy. most people that get them are the watermen and anybody that lives near or on the river !  sad
                      l.e.
Well an update.  The lump is totally gone!
On my right upper inner thigh, I have a lump that looks very much just like a pimple or zit, or perhaps an ingrown hair because it's raised up/protruding about as much as your general pimple/zit would be. It could be a WHOLE BUNCH of pus or fluid within it, but the feeling of it is that it's pretty hard, again I dont know whether it's that or just so filled up with stuff that it feels hard. It's in a pretty bad place because the legs rub together so it irritates it either way. Until I got some large band aids that stayed and had a nice soft surface pad that kept the legs from brushing against it, the pain was definitely noticeable, but I am not certain why. Now I'm doing better because of the band aids, but it's still there. I'd say it's about the size of a nickel, or quarter at the most, in width and a bit smaller than a golf ball.

Honestly, I'm not going to dilute myself into believing that it's just an ingrown hair or zit/pimple until I'm certain, nor am I going to lose it thinking I have to have some crazy surgery done. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what I've got going here if there is anything you know which could help.

Thanks in advance.
johnsonlander commented on memories
1 hr ago
mary98136 commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle