Men's Health Community
Sore lump under the skin at the top of my leg

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hey guys,

Today i found a sore lump on the top of my leg, about 2 inches to the right of my penis, i'd say in the crease were the leg joins the hip. The surface of the skin is fine, no red marks or anything so i don't think it's an ingrowing hair.. and it's quite deep, but not TOO deep.. if you get me.
It hurts if i apply pressure to it or the area around it, it feels like it's very bruised. The lumps pretty hard, and not easy to move.
Any ideas what it could be? I'm thinking of leaving it a few days to see what happens then visiting my doctors.

Just trying not to scare myself to bad at the moment lol..

Cheers for your time.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Sounds like you've got a cyst! I've got one at the top of my leg, sounds exactly the same as what you're describing. I'm going back to the doctors on tuesday to discuss how to get rid of it. They're not harmful, but can be quite uncomfortable so that's what i'm getting rid of mine! All it takes is a little bit of surgery, nothing bad. I'd advise you to go to the doctors about it though, don't take my word for it! Good luck :)
Go see a doctor! But don't panic!  Don't want to put ideas in your head, but that's where my lumps started. 3 years later, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma.. I have been cleared now, but it was quite an ordel. It may be tender due to the location. When you walk and move around it rubs, so when you touch it (and because it is farther down to feel) you agrivate it and it gets sore. Keep us updated, it may be nothing at all.
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle