Men's Health Community
Sores/Dryness around the penis base after intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Hi, I'm 18, and me and my fiance have a very healthy sex life. We've been having sex for about 16 months now, and I have just moved to college. I went back home this past weekend, and we "caught up" on things we had missed. Although this has happened before, I though to go and do some research this time. After we had for about the third time, the base of my penis got sore, so much so that I had to turn her down the day I left. Later, it got flaky and smelly (the flakes) around the base, and painful enough that I'm here. I think it may be that I'm going hard and pushing too hard during sex. We do have unprotected sex, but I pull out, she's on the pill, and we were each others' first. 16 months to zero pregnancies sounds like a good stat to me. Well, I have no idea why it gets dry and painful down there. Oh, and I was on Accutane (Izotretinoin) treatment which caused my entire body to be dry. I think that may have something to do with it too. Any advice or explaination would be great, because I'm ready to stop having to turn her down! Ha, thanks again. Note* she always gives me plenty of oral sex, and we try to stay lubricated.
Tags: penis, base, Health
Not that I know of, and using spit....
Does she have an infection, by any chance? As for lubrication, are you using a waterbased lube?
Thank you so much.
It sounds like you need more than spit for lubricant.  Go out and get some KY or Astroglide - it really will help.
If you partner is not lubricating, you should ask her to get checked out. During sex, the walls naturally start lubricating if she is arouse. If she is not and just having sex becuase you want too, she may stay dry through the hole encounter. This is one reason many women like foreplay because it gets them arouse and in most, they start lubricating before intercourse.  

Some women don't lubricate due to medication or other instances, you should use lubrication. Talk with your partner and it will make it easier on you(no soreness).