Men's Health Community
Sour smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Sour smell

I have a smell that is sour and yeasty, it won't go away. My girlfriend and I thought it might be an all over yeast infection, and have in fact treated legions under my arm pits that seemed to fit that diagnosis. Though they are gone, the smell remains. I stain pillows through the cases a darker yellow than ring around the collar, the bed and really the whole top floor of the apartemnt is permeated with my stench. I have used anti fungal creams and sprays to help, and they have a little, though not much. I would say I am at the end of my rope, but that would be a lie, I lost grip long ago, and my girlfriend can't stand it anymore. Please someone out there tell me what to do about the smell, how to treat it,  nuetralize it, beat its ghost like form out of my girlfriends and my own life.
-Would it be fungal? (I can't seem to get rid of athletes foot either)
-Would it be natural? (I hope not)
So to sum up, sour yeasty smell, permeating everything. Stains from sweat or natural juices turning white pillows yellow. What is going on?
I sent you a note yesterday. How are you now and have you gotten any relief? Sounds exactly like my problem. Sour smell that permeates everything, even my work cubicle. Have you figured out the problem? I started fungal cream today and will make a drs appt on Monday. Any advice?
I think you should talk to your doctor about it. It may take some internal medication to treat it properly.
January 30, 2009

Dear Jb:

Five years ago I was very close to death from a Candidia/Yeast  infection that probably ran the gamut of my body.  Because no allopathic doctors helped me, I went to a natural doctor for at least 3 years she helped me alot through kinesology and ofcourse diet and herbs.

If you read about yeast infections you know you have to dispel with all sugar.  I went on a diet found in one of the Nutrition Healing Book that I have.  I don't see the diet in there now, but any health food store should be able to help you.

A naturopathic helped me alot then after 3 years I was still having trouble although not near to the extent as before I now go to a reflexologyist in Ohio who has been very good.  It does sound like you have a lot going on.  

Since we are suffering from toxic bodies I would really suggest you see a doctor although I would recommend you visit a naturopathic and a reflexologist.

Also part of my therapy which helped me to regain my health was from my first doctor.  She told me to drink each day this drink which cleans your liver.  Here goes.  If you drink it, it should give you a start at relief

this is what I juiced and it helped me
10 carrots (to make up a cup - 8oz)
1 small beet ( to make up 1/4 of a cup)
1/2 cucumber (to make up 1/4 of a cup)

drink that each day - never drink beet juice alone as it is too powerful

It sounds to me like you have a very long way to go on your road back to health, but if you eat junk food and lots of sugar you should do as all physicans suggest leave that stuff alone

Jb - get better I know your pain.  After 5 years I am still suffering although I can do things.  At times I feel like someone socks me in the stomach with a forceful kick due to the pain, but I can eat now.  I can have a coke once in awhile, My body is still unloading a great deal of toxicity.  

I wanted to tell I smell to, at times my body just smells like dead and rotting material and it makes me want to cry, I hope your girl friend loves you enough to help you through this.  You will need alot of support.  Also yeast infection is something that grows and buds out and is like a weed it adapts to where it goes I read, so be patient with yourself and when you begin eating right if you are not (you may experience what they call die off - the dead yeast dying from the lack of sugar)  This causes intense itching don't be dismayed by it.  Go to a natural doctor and a reflexologist.
A related discussion, sour acrid body smell was started.