Men's Health Community
Strange Reaction to Seeing Erection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Strange Reaction to Seeing Erection

My son is 16 and on a recent stay at a relatives over Christmas I happened to see him with a morning erection sticking trough his boxers. I have no sexual desire for my son, but I found myself becoming erect. I'm trying to sort through the odd reaction to seeing him but I am just grateful he was asleep.
Are you the mom or the dad??
This is really trial and error...sorry, I misread the part with YOUR erection as "excitement" or something. So, Dad, either way I would do some soul searching here because this should at least not happen with your own son. Whatever you dicover about yourself, make a conscious effort to be 100% neutral towards your son.
As I said, I have no attraction to my son and am straight. I have no idea why seeing him that way would cause me to have an erection. I have seen him naked on numerous occasions, such as in the locker room or swimming at the lake. Never has my anatomy responded like it did.
Maybe, because he is your son, you are reminded of your own sexuality at that age and things like these can be arousing.
That I could really understand. Sorry, I`m not reading well today....
i kind'a know what it's like. yeah, it's weird. i have seen my brother hard and it like caused me to get that way too. not wanting to do anything with my bro but like i guess it's kind of exciting to see another guy like that. like he's the only one i've seen other than like x-stuff online and dvd. i'm not queer either, weird i guess. guess i can't explain it either. but you're not alone in a like this dude.
im a woman but i would have to say its a normal reaction and guess you are not the only ones. i would also guess it happens more often but no guy wants to admit it.
its probably like "monkey see monkey do" (thats the penis talking...LOL)
woman probably have been turned on by breastfeeding and get scared at the feelings. its not supposed to happen right? it doesnt mean you have sexual feelings towards them. just the body's natural reaction. dont beat yourself up over it. let it go.
Look, in response to Pricej, I think I have made it clear that I'm not queer, gay or whatever you want to call it. I have nothing against people who are. I'm just not that way myself. Can't really explain my reaction. So I guess making fun of my experience or being critical of it is fair game.
sorry, i never had the so called queer thoughts !
how horny do you have to be to get wood from your son ?  thats too wierd for even me to handle. no straight dude thats getting sex on any kind of regular basis should do that from seeing their son.  i don't think your gay, but you have to admit (guess thats why your here) that its strange.
l.e.
bold very bold....
its sad that men assume that they are "queer" if they have certain feelings when seeing men naked or whatever. i think its pretty normal. as far as you seeing your son, i guess that can be normal too. where is leif????????????
did not want to make fun cause i don't think it is funny at all.
i was trying to cushion my true feelings about what you told us
with a light hearted responce. i don't think your gay nor do i think you are twisted in any other way, but what you said disturbed me and i can say so if i want. i'm sorry that you got your feathers ruffled but i think there is something wrong with
getting wood from seeing your son's and you should seek help if
it happens again.
l.e.
leaf...dont go gettin' yer panties all in a twist! LOL!
no big deal ! hahaha
l.e.
Erections are contagious. Kinda like when someone yawns it makes everyone else yawn.  

I would only worry if you felt you needed to act on it.