Men's Health Community
Strong smells from genatalia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Strong smells from genatalia

I have acne on my shoulders and i was treated with super strong antibiotics (hospital prescribed as normal GP ones didnt work) for nearly a year these stopped the production of alot of body oils and such like... supposedly for life but the acne came back, which is a bother.
Since coming off 2 years ago ive noticed a massive increase in the strength of the smell of both my semen and of my testicles. I shower everyday and wash thoroughly. I dont eat much dodgy stuff cause of my acne, i dont drink much alcohol, and i drink no tea or coffee.
Any ideas what this is or what i can do?
Hi,Yes go and have a checkup with a good urologists.Good luck.
You didn't say what kind of smell you were having.  Semen has a distinctive smell anyway.  In general, smells like bleach result from the ammonias already in the sperm and aren't a problem.  A fisy odor can come from a bacterial infection. This can be from the woman or the man.  If this odor is noticed after sex, then it can be from the woman, which can be a normal vaginal odor due to the presence of lactobaxillus normally secreted in the vagina.  If before sex, you may have a bacterial infection or prostatitis.  A cheesy odor in uncircumcised men can be due to a buildup under the foreskin and you need to wash and dry the foreskin more often.  Yeast infections can also smell, but these are usually accompanied by pus and redness on the head.  Other causes can be from the douch the woman uses, what you ate or drank recently (within the last week), colone, perfumes, vaginal sprays, etc. It could be that the woman is just "smelling" you differently. If the smell continues to bother you are other problems arise, see your health care provider and get checked out.