Men's Health Community
Sudden lump on back of head

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Sudden lump on back of head

Last night, I was sitting watching TV with headphones on.  Then, I happened to scratch my head, and I noticed a bump on the back of my head.  It is located near my left ear, above my neck.  It is in an area covered by hair.  It kind of hurts when left alone, just a little, almost unnoticable.  When I apply pressure it hurts more.  I have no idea what caused it.  I'm hoping it's a bug bite.  Any help?
Avatar n tn
When it gets hot, especially if you use any sort of product in your hair, it's easier for your hair follicles to get clogged (like a zit). I recommend changing your product and, to see if it's a zit, apply a hot and then cold compress on it 20-30 seconds each time then repeat that process about 4-5 times. If it is a zit, it will feel/look like it's coming to a head.
For goodness sakes, go see a dermatologist. This is one of those ten-cent problems that can turn into a ten thousand dollar problem.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle