Men's Health Community
Swollen Lymph Node in groin area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Lymph Node in groin area

My husband suddenly discovered a swollen lymph node in his right groin area 2 days back. We went to a doctor yesterday , and got it checked. The doctor has even done an abdominal ultra-sound, the results of which say that there is a swelling in the lymph node on his right groin area. All other organs (liver, kidney, gall bladder, spleen) are normal, with no swelling of any sort. The doctor has prescribed anti-biotics for 5 days and asked us to come back if the swelling doesn't go down.

There is no sign of any infection externally - no fever/cold/cough etc. He does have an occasional pain in his right leg but it goes away with rest. There are no other nodes swollen anywhere and this one also seems to be small (pea-sized or a bit more). It also goes down with warm compresses or after sleep/rest.

I have been worried over this un-explained swelling, and it would be very helpful if you could share your opinion.

My husband hasnt had any past history and we recently also did blood tests for both of us (around a month or so back), which were pretty normal.