Men's Health Community
Swollen Painful Lymph Node in left cheek

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

To whom it may concern:

I have had a swollen lymph node in my left cheek going on 4 years now. I really don't think this is normal. I am a man that has sex with men, but i didn't tell my doctor this ans he said that I just have "over active lymph nodes". What's the deal? I always use safe sex, but not for oral... what could cause a lymph node to be swollen for 5 years? It hurts. It is most noticable/uncomfortable after I blaze up the doobage.

Suggestions?
I didn't realize there were nodes in our cheeks. I do know that we have saliva glands there. Perhaps you have an infection or saliva stone lodged causing discomfort.
Take a flash light, open your mouth and pull your cheeks away from your teeth. On the upper right and left part of the cheek you should see a small "bumps" on each side. Those are one set of saliva glands. They should appear similiar to one another.

There is a dental forum here. I would take photos, sign up at Photobucket.com and then post the images to the forum-if that is what you consider.

If not or as an addition, I certainly would make an appointment with an oral surgeon or at least a dentist.
I too may have a swollen lymph node in my left cheek (unless it is something else) for 2 1/2 years. I think it is due to my upper left primary molar (tooth) which I have had work done on. Apparently the work didn't correct the problem, even though the tooth does look better on X-ray! I know for a fact that the tooth is cracked and there is a small crack in the root of the tooth. Have you had any trauma (like a punch) to the left side of your face? Did you ever have to get a root canal for a tooth on the left side? You may have a crack in a tooth and you may have to get it out. If you haven't had any root canal work done and you have had a blow to the left side of the face, have an endodontist check your teeth on the left side.