Men's Health Community
Terrible Scrotum Smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Terrible Scrotum Smell

I am 26 Years of age, and for the past few years I have been dealing with a horrendous issue. A severe odor comes from the groin area on me, my scrotum to be more specific, and it has really been bothering me for quite sometime. Sexual encounters I have had have turned into nightmares and I have acquired unwanted nicknames from friends...even family. The odor started out pretty pungent, mainly the worst after removal of clothing, but now I can be smelled just by standing next to me. Ive tried medications from the local store and I bath regularly but nothing is helping. I'''m afraid to have sex now, and it has gotten to the extent where I cannot even stay aroused during masturbation from such a foul odor. Please help me on any information possible as to how I can treat this curse.
have you seen a doc ? bacteria mutiplys on the skin in folds and is awful smelly , they can give you antibiotic cream for it tho , i presume you tried this ?
I would see a doctor for sure. I might also say that if you are taking some vitimins, they might be the reason.
Peter;

First, what medications have you tried?  If you haven't tried Tinactin, I'd use it for a week and see if you have any improvement (it's a good antifungal).

Second, what is the condition of your scrotal skin?  Any growths, lesions, discoloration, etc.?  Any open sores on your scrotum?

Third, regarding hygiene - do you sweat a lot, especially in the groin area?  

Fourth, why have you waited years to get this taken care of?  GO SEE A DOCTOR.
I cannot stress how important it is to see a doctor.  Don't be embarassed by the smell - doctors have smelled MUCH worse than that.  Trust me, I'm married to a doctor, and she hasn't smelled anything yet that is worse than gangrene.

Morgannon