Men's Health Community
Testerone Levels in 17 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Testerone Levels in 17 year old

I think my son may have low testerone levels. What is the safest way to boost his levels, ie; supplements, medication, foods etc?

This discussion is related to low testerone levels in teenagers.
Hi Joey, odd name for a mum, he can start by doing weight lifting, and lots of heavy work outs, for him the safest thing for his age would be Tribulus as its just a herb and would take around 8 weeks to get to full power.
But just get lifting weights in a gym, and he or you need to tell his trainer why and what its for, and let them work on him.
Good Luck
Hi Joey and sorry, why did I think you was a mum, what can I sat but sorry.
Good Luck Dad
Thanks for the help, and no problem.
this is what I read on the net, what do you think about the side effects?

Safety
Pregnant or nursing women should not use tribulus.

An increase in breast size (called gynaecomastia) in a young male weight trainer was reported after he took a herbal tablet containing tribulus.

People with hormone-dependent conditions, such as breast or prostate cancer, should not use tribulus.

Tribulus terrestris has a toxic effect in sheep. It has been found to cause a chronic, progressive, irreversible disorder in the dopamine circuits of the nigrostriatal complex in the brain, resulting in impaired muscle function and weakness in the hindquarters, eventually leading to death.

Hi Joey, look I take Tribulus for ED, its known for incressing testosterone+ most of the info I read on doing research into it said that there were no side effects.
So one I just hope your son is not pregnant, if so hes a she.
An incress in breast size, says it was a herbal tablet containing Tribulus, so was it just that or a mix.
So there next one he should at his be clear of.
And last I take he is not a sheep.
Look I'm now 65, back in the saddle again, and I have no side effects from this or other things I take, but then thats just me.
I do hope this clears the air, OK
Good Luck
Hi Joey, look I found this through a post and its called shilajit, you can read up about it and it has its cautions, its more of a mineral than herb, maybhelp you.
A question, what makes you think he has low testosterone.
Good Luck
   Since your son is only seventeen years old, in case you suspect low hormone levels, better to take him to a pediatric endocrinologist and get his hormone levels assessed. In case the T level is really low, the doctor will be able to give right advice. And age wise, it is the right time to correct any problem that he may have.

Solace