Men's Health Community
Testicles sore

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Testicles sore

I am asking this question for my husband. His balls hurt and I am concerned. He says it feels like someone kicked him there. They aren't swollen or look any different. He says that they are just sore. He really hasn't done anything that we can think of to hurt them in any way. What could it be? He is refusing to go the doctor. Should I be concerned?
There are many issues ranging from benign to urgent that include testicle pain as a symptom.  I would say do your best to convince him to see a doctor if it does not go away.  In the mean time, you can try cold compresses, warm baths, and ibuprofin to see if that eases the pain.  Here are a couple articles that will help give you an idea of what he might be dealing with:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003160.htm
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/testicle_pain.htm

Good luck.
Thank you for your advise! I am going to make him go the doctor tomorrow. I hope it's nothing serious.
i am glad you two finally got it looked at.  now that you know what it is, you should be on the road to recovery and soon able to start your family.  i am sure your husband's doctor already discussed this with you, but the infection causing his epididymitis can sometimes be transmitted between sexual partners, so you may want to be checked as well.

good job getting the diagnosis, and good luck with the family planning!
It ended up being Epididymitis (infection). We are trying to concieve (conceive) so I hope everything is alright.
well make sure that it's nothing too serous like a testicular torsion. But if it is, there is going to be major swelling and the pain will be through the roof.
but u said there is no swelling, so don't be to concerned
Beargizmo commented on Beargizmo's status
kane3 NHL Playoffs! Comment
Apr 16
Beargizmo back to Medhelp for good th... Comment
Apr 16
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle