Men's Health Community
Testicles sore
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testicles sore

I am asking this question for my husband. His balls hurt and I am concerned. He says it feels like someone kicked him there. They aren't swollen or look any different. He says that they are just sore. He really hasn't done anything that we can think of to hurt them in any way. What could it be? He is refusing to go the doctor. Should I be concerned?
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
There are many issues ranging from benign to urgent that include testicle pain as a symptom.  I would say do your best to convince him to see a doctor if it does not go away.  In the mean time, you can try cold compresses, warm baths, and ibuprofin to see if that eases the pain.  Here are a couple articles that will help give you an idea of what he might be dealing with:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003160.htm
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/testicle_pain.htm

Good luck.
Blank
Thank you for your advise! I am going to make him go the doctor tomorrow. I hope it's nothing serious.
Blank
i am glad you two finally got it looked at.  now that you know what it is, you should be on the road to recovery and soon able to start your family.  i am sure your husband's doctor already discussed this with you, but the infection causing his epididymitis can sometimes be transmitted between sexual partners, so you may want to be checked as well.

good job getting the diagnosis, and good luck with the family planning!
Blank
It ended up being Epididymitis (infection). We are trying to concieve (conceive) so I hope everything is alright.
Blank
well make sure that it's nothing too serous like a testicular torsion. But if it is, there is going to be major swelling and the pain will be through the roof.
but u said there is no swelling, so don't be to concerned
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank