Men's Health Community
Testicular Deformation or Constraint?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Testicular Deformation or Constraint?

Hello, I am an 18 year old male. I've recently become aware of a testicular problem I've hard for a long time; as long as I've been aware of my testicles and been in contact with them. My left testicle seems to be constrained in such a fashion that it feels like two spheres joined. Or a "figure 8" shape if you will. I have never seen a physician about this as it didn't seem like a big deal. But recently have experienced occasional pain in the region while sexually active. Also, I have almost no sexual drive most of the time; I lead an asexual existence and recently that's been very dissatisfactory to me. Your advice and commentary is most appreciated! Thank you.
I don't know about your testicle, but I'd think it warrants getting checked out.

As for your lack of interest in sex, do you enjoy masturbation, and/or feel aroused when alone or with a partner? Have sexual thoughts? How do you feel when you're being sexual? We absorb a lot of negative ideas and feelings about sex from our families and society, so sexual dysfunction could easily be either psychological or physical. However, if you really don't have interest in sex, I would definitely address this with your doctor as well.
I just thought of something. Could this be a hydrocele, maybe? I have no idea what this would feel like, just that it's a painless swelling.

What does your doctor say about this? I assume a testicle exam is part of a typical physical exam, particularly for a teenager.
I do enjoy masturbation, but I don't do it often. I rarely ever feel aroused while alone and never feel aroused with other people; male or female. I only have sexual thoughts or become aroused if I make a conscious effort to have them, say in order to masturbate, otherwise there is no arousal. Nothing seems to happen naturally. I.E. I don't look at someone and become aroused, or even when I am touched in a sexual way. I will definitely bring this up with my doctor. It's gotten to a point where it is affecting my life in a negative way. I'm not sure what can be done, but I would really like to come to some resolution with the matter. Yes, I would say I really have no interest in sex whatsoever.
I've not had regular physical exams. My current financial status doesn't really permit that kind of thing. As such, this issue has been around for a while but never been checked out by a doctor.

I think you're right on the money regarding the hydrocele. I did a little reading online. Some of descriptions sound exactly like what I've felt. "A testicle seemingly divided into two." And the painless growth. However, if that is the case, my left testicle has suffered greatly and not grown in a very long time. It would be less than half the size of my right testicle as the two distinct portions I can feel are together just a bit smaller than my right testicle. Could a hydrocele have prevented the testicle from growing if it had grown before puberty?
I'm always very stressed out with school. I take an average of 15 credits at the local university every quarter. I'm not sure if I'm depressed, possibly. I don't have a partner, and that in and of itself has been a point of much sadness in my life recently. That's largely why I'm dissatisfied with my lack of sexual arousal. I'm afraid to commit to anyone in the first place because firstly I am not attracted to anyone in person sexually and therefore I am afraid that I will only let them down anyway. I want to be interested in a relationship, but I seem incapable, if that makes any sense... (By the way, I love unagi sushi, so good.)
Does not sound like a physical issue. Sounds like you are depressed. Having home issues? Partner (girl or guy) issues? Stressed with school, work, etc?
Don't worry about it Snibril. Relationships will come and go. You have enough on your plate right now with school and other personal issues. Ever hear of this quote?

"Man's youth is a wonderful thing: it is so full of anguish and of magic, and he never comes to know it as it is until it has gone from him forever."--Thomas Wolfe

Take care of yourself. Keep your mind and body healthy. The rest will come!
Depression makes *everything* just a little less shiny. If you think you're feeling depressed (and it sounds like you are), that's probably why you aren't particularly interested in sex. I'd see your doctor to ask about your testicle and your depression; antidepressants and therapy can make a world of difference. You said you're a student, so you can always go to your college/university's student health center :-)

And in the meantime, don't stress out about the relationship issue - it'll happen. Take care of your depression, and I bet things will look a lot brighter :-)
I apologize for not commenting sooner, I've been so busy with classes lately. I really appreciate your comments of support, that really is very helpful. I've made an appointment to see the doctor and I guess I'll go from there. Thanks again.
i'm having that figure 8 too. what did the doctor say?