Men's Health Community
Testosterone Therapy and Acne

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Testosterone Therapy and Acne

I am on testosterone therapy and recently, last four or five weeks I have started to develop breakouts, pimples if you will on my back and neck area. Nothing too bad but a definite change. Also, my skin in these same areas appear to be a bit oily than normal. I understand this is a symptom of being on this therapy so that is not my question or concern.

My question is, has anyone else on testosterone injections had this and if so, have you had any luck with any treatments for this?

I've scoured the internet a bit and there is pretty vague information about treatment.
I am no expert with the therapy as I have never been on it before however I do believe oily skin is related to higher T levels. My total T is at the high end and i have, always had oily skin. Not to mention body builders who take steroids and such to boost their T levels often deal with acne and breakouts in those areas.

I would think that if the only change you made recently was going on the injections, it would be related to the new things you are seeing.
Trasa 09,
I totally agree with you and that is the only change that has been made in a while. I'm sure it is due to it. I haven't had my T levels checked since going on injections but I'm sure it's at the hid end. I'm due to go in soon so will find out. I guess it may just be something I have to live with.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle