Men's Health Community
Tiny painful bump on underside of penis

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Tiny painful bump on underside of penis

So a little over 2 weeks ago I stupidly had unprotected vaginal sex and have had Dysuria since about a minute (as in 60 seconds) after we finished and so far i have tested negative for a UTI, The Clap, and Chlamydia so everything is kind of freaking me out right now.  I haven't had any form of oral, vaginal or anal sex since this incident.

So about a day-day and a half ago I noticed a very tiny red raised bump on the spine/vein of my penis close to the head that hurts when it is manipulated.  When I say tiny, I mean the only way I could see it was to take a close up picture with the camera on my iphone.  There was no rash, tingling, or any other discomfort or abnormal feeling in the area preceding it, but I did get a rigorous but lubricated handjob hours prior to noticing the bump..  From the pictures I've seen on google it doesn't look like herpes, and it doesn't look like a syphilis sore in either size or appearance.  It isn't flaking, it isn't oozing, it doesn't itch, it only hurts if you touch it, and it hasn't changed shape/size since I first noticed it.  I have no other bumps, lesions, or sores anywhere else in the genital area or other parts of my body.  Could this just be a pimple or irritation from the hand job?  Is there anyway I can post a picture?

Like I said earlier, I'm extremely paranoid about everything now.
could be herpes go get it checked out
Well, dont worry..If it winds up being a herpes bump, sounds like a very mild case..It happened to me in 1982, and usually the bump shows up 14 to 21 days after contact..If it is, it will get bigger within a few more days. It then will do what you described above, kind of opens up, then within a week or so starts to go away. Hopefully it just stays like it is, and goes away. And yes it could a minor skin irritation. They may have some meds over the counter like a cream etc..keep your eye on it..and very smart not to have relations, till it goes away..ok? bev
It hasnt changed shape size or texture and it's become less sensative to touch and friction. Im not sure what to think. Im pretty sure its not herpes because by now it would have changed in some way, and ive had warts on my hand before and it doesnt appear to be that either.  I put bacetracin on it this morning after my shower, we'll see if that has any affect.

Also, i havent had relations sans the handjob since the dysuria started because it isnt exactly comfortable to ejaculate.
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle