Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
all i can say is that when i was in that "cycle" of non stop
porn, i got tired after a while and just stopped ! and yes
it has an e.d.-like effect.   but trust me, it "goes away"
just take a break.            h.
Dear Max,
By using porn so readily you are allowing your fantasies to become real. In turn, you will never be able to find a woman who lives up to these expectations that falsly get you excited.
Porn is ok with another to stimulate your contact with her/him, however, you will go down a long lonly path if you let porn become your lover.
Hope this helps
OverA
I have struggled with this same problem.  Excessive porn does mess with your ability to get turned on in real, intimate situations.  I went six months without looking at it, and noticed that my mind did "clear up" substantially.  It is not immediate, but it will get better.  Just cut back on the self-love as much as possible and try your hardest to stop looking at the porn.  If you have trouble stopping on your own, you may actually need some outside help such as from a counselor, an internet support group, or an understanding family member.  You are not alone in this.
it doies...but it goes away...give yurseld 2 week break!
Good thread. I actually think I am going through the same thing, although I have a hard time just getting aroused in general. I'll give it a try!
oh man this is the same exact thing I am going through. So what do you guys recommend to combat this? How long of staying away from porn and masterbation will it take to get back to normal and to be able to get a hard erection without any stimulation to real life girls?
i recently was with my girlfriend trying to have sex for the first time with her, and i was unable to get hard once i put on the condom, i think it might be the porn too but has anyone else ever had a problem with condoms turning you off?
I'm going to have sex with my girlfriend for the the first time tomorrow..I'm a bit worried because I had been addicted to porn for sometime..I did give up after we met which was two weeks back..I'm worried about not getting a erection tomorrow and that she would be disappointed :(
I am 64 years old, have been married three times and looked at porn on and off over the past 30 years.

I have always been in a loving relationship with all of my partners, never had a one night stand in my life, when my first wife and I broke up I met another woman that I lived with for seven months, it took me two weeks before I could achieve an orgasm, I had the same problem with every partner after that.

Now to the porn side of things, my Wife is 66 and has not been very interested in sex for about 5 years, I on the other hand still have a very active sex drive, I masturbate while watching porn up to 4 times a week, I have been doing that for the full five years.

Somtimes I have sex with my Wife but because of looking at porn and masturbating I cannot come to orgasm inside her, she helps me masturbate afterwards.

If I had my choice over again I would not have gotten involved with porn, I feel that it is to late for me now, I must admit looking at porn helps me to achieve orgasm easier and I do enjoy it so I dont expect to stop in the near future, from what I have read I guess I am lucky I can still reach orgasm at my age.

My advice to young people is try and stay away frrom the porn, it can mess your relationship up with a woman, save it till you get old like me and have a partner that you love but leave alone because she is past it.
I have been married 5 times and lived with 3 others...I am living with a 45 year old Mexican Lady down here in Mexico...We play around a lot and have sex 3 to 5 times a week...I have known her for about 20 years and she still turns me on a lot ...Enjoy to see "catch" her in the nude...I am 67 yoa now...but when I was about 40  , my sex drive dropped for a few years...But I was working long hours ...Then when I was 58 I did 2 years in the Fed.  house  "prison" In those 23 months I had little to do with sex and thought that I had lost it for good...I came back to Mexico and hooked up with my lover...IT ALL CAME BACK FAST.... It,s what you see in your lover...
Hi, I'm 33 years old and I have been masturbating for almost 20 years, most of the time in the company of porn. I often used to watch porn for hours. I'm experiencing the same issue: my erections became weaker and weaker during the last years. I got to the point that real life women don't turn me on that much in order to achieve a strong erection and be able to sustain a sexual intercourse. Anyway, I got involuntary pretty strong erections almost every night but they fade off shortly after I wake up.

I'm healthy otherwise, not overweight, non-smoker, so I think it is the porn addiction and masturbation habit that brought me into this situation. It looks like my habit done over and over again for so many years has seriously altered my sexual sensitivity to real life women and to normal intercourse.

I stopped watching porn for more that two months but I see little to no improvement regarding my ability to achieve erections in real life situations.

Since I don't watch porn and don't masturbate any more, will my sex drive and sexual response to real life women ever restore to a reasonable level?
Although what is a "reasonable level" may depend on the individual, I think your sex drive will be restored since you stopped even masturbating. Just don't look back to the bad habits and let the nature do its work.
This is all great motivation for me to stay away from porn. I absolutely love looking at it but I suspected that it's hurting my performance. Whenever I look at porn on the same day that I'm with a woman that night I have problems. I think part of our brains can't distinguish between fantasy and reality. Porn makes us feel too satisfied and there's no hunger left when the real thing is "spread" before us! Bummer that we can't have both but I would rather be good in real life!
>Porn makes us feel too satisfied and there's no hunger left when the real thing
>is "spread" before us! Bummer that we can't have both but I would rather be good in
>real life!

Quite so! Try to fill your brain and your life with other activities. After some time you will notice much more "sex energy" has built-up. Keeping this pace is a very good practice to eliminate a serious psychological factor that can make you feel worthless.
This is not permanent ED. It is normal for every young man to masturbate. Take more vitamins even protein and chocolate. Relax for 2 days eating chocolate and drinking more liquids (no fizzy drinks and alcohol). You male strength will return very quickly. If not, just look at pharmacy store and take medications, but first consult your doctor.
from the female point of view..... i have nothing against men and porn, its a natural process really, but having been on the recieving end, or may be i should say none recieving end... its hurtful and adds to lack of self confidence on my part, as my partner can easily achieve an erection, but as soon as we come close to penertration his erection is lost almost imeditatly, this is both frustrating and hurtful cos as soon as he withdraws from me his erection is maintained and he can *** through masterbation either by myself or himself. i know he uses porn, just not sure to what degree.. my only advice would be yes guys use porn but not on your own, where possible share it with your partner, then maybe you can share full intercourse with her too,,, have i got this all wrong?
I sure am glad I came across this thread.  I seriously thought I was the only one.  I just posted earlier basically this same topic on a new thread and who knew I'd come across several guy's with the same problem.

I've masturbated nearly every day since gosh, I had to have been 12 or 13... Being 21 now, I never had too many girlfriends and only been sexually active with one girl and really only intimate with 3.  The issure is, I have and extremely high sex drive but over the year must have gotten into a "groove" so to speak with masturbating to porn.  I know I used to be able to reach ejaculation without it just by fantasizing, but 10 to 1 bet I couldn't today.

The other night my partner was giving me oral and i just couldn't get and erection.. kind of annoying seeing as the was by far the best oral I've ever received.  Luckily my girlfriend is a champ and isn't too conserned about me getting off, but she's more worried if there are any health issuse i need to be aware of... I don't really think I'm comfortable enough to say "I'm addicted to porn!"

Oh well, I suppose I'll take everyone's addvice and just cut back on the porn and masturbation.

Thanks gents
I am 62 and have masturbated regularly for 50 yrs both  as a single bloke then when I was married, as my wife was never as highly sexed as me.
In the old days it was masturbating with a magazine like Penthouse or Men only etc (those were so tame compared to now).
Now with the internet I seem to be more addicted than ever to masturbation with porn as my wife has almost gone off sex (I am lucky to have a couple of sessions a year with her).
I still have a really high sex drive needing to come almost every day, but I seem to need more to get me aroused and orgasming. I achieve this by surfing the net using sites like Youporn and story sites like Literotica as this gets me harder and ready to come much quiucker than magazines do. If only this had been available in my younger days I think I would have worn my penis out, so I can sympathize with you young guys getting so addicted to porn.
My advice would be to try and abstain from porn and masturbation for a few days at a time - sex is better then - and try to get some action with real women.
Tell me.........why do men have to look at so much porn ?  My boyfriend says it`s normal, all men look at porn.  But everyday, for an hour or two ?  He used to look at it every morning at 5am before I got up.  Of course it was bothering me so much, did he not know I knew what he was doing in the other room every morning ?  Instead of staying in bed with me, he was with the 'screen'.  While I was lying there crying.......feeling not enough, not pretty, not sexy, not desirable.  Why, why can`t you men understand how you make most women feel ?  Why do you justify yourselves ?  'all men do it' you say.  What gives you the right to even put your wives down ? insult their bodies ?  Yes, I`ve been insulted.  And you expect it not to hurt us ?  And you wonder why all of a sudden sex is different for us with you ?    You are so involved with your fantasies of these other women, that it is damaging your real-life relationships with the woman your with.  You probably don`t even know what your women can give you, because you don`t know them.  Porn addiction is a sickness, like any other addictions.  Congratulations to the men who finally recognize it, and have a better sex life with their partners.   I wonder if there are women out there addicted to porn ?  How do their partners feel ?    When your partner is feeling neglectect and tells you, when they tell you they don`t feel desirable, take it as a warning bell.  
Porn and Anxiety have crippled my sex drive / erections for life.  I am 31 years old.  I began watching my fathers porn tapes and using magazines to masturbate before I could achieve ejaculation.  I have never told anyone that before.  My addiction took on all new levels with the beginning of the internet in the late 90's.  Even when I stop for a few weeks I still cannot maintain an erection or achieve a Full one.  I don't even have morning wood.  My Doc put me on the ED meds to combat the side effects of the anti-depressants I used to be on, but I did not tell him the extent of the problem.  It has been 6 months since I was on any anti-depressants and my sex drive is NULL.  Let this be a lesson...  Moderation is the Key.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.