Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
In nearly 2 months i have cut back on porn immensley,i have had 3 days in that time where i have relapsed but even so i still feel a massive change in my erections and do get more easily aroused when with my girlfriend.The goal now is to stop completly.Some people say it can take up to 3 months but beleive me if you dont look at porn and m for 2 weeks you will notice a big change.
Day 32 for me.  I'm finally getting that "tingling" feeling again I used to get when I thought about sex.  I can't believe I haven't touched myself for over a month.  I didn't really think I could do it.  I honestly can't remember the last time I went this long voluntarily or otherwise.  I'm 44!  I don't miss the porn anymore even though I still have flashbacks occasionally.  I'm going to go as long as I possibly can then see what happens.  Stay strong everyone!
I'm just starting this journey, over 30 years old, been watching porn since I was 13 maybe?  Lifelong habit of compulsive masturbation and porn watching and avoidance of actual intimacy and sex with women.

In a new relationship, first one in years, and I really want it to work.  Problem - no boners, pretty much ever.  I've noticed over the last 3-5 years that I would get hard less and less, but when I watch porn I'm usually hard the whole time.  When NOT watching porn, however, pretty much nothing can get blood flowing down there.  In this new relationship, doesn't matter what my girlfriend does to me, no results, no hard ons.  She feels crappy, like it's her or something, which of course it's not.  And I feel embarrassed and ashamed, so often times have pushed her away from touching me or trying to do things, leading her to feel rejected and now she's shutting down sexually altogether.  Still haven't had sex, how could we?  The whole bedroom situation has become a disaster! And now I'm feeling more and more pressure to get this problem solved, making it even worse.

So, here I am, trying to resensitize myself.  No porn or masturbation for a week now.  No change thus far.  I will keep posting on my progress.  I hope this works!  I remember back in the day when I would look at a mildly attractive woman and get hard.  Now, put the hottest woman on earth naked in front of me and I wouldn't have any response at all.  Hell even normal porn does nothing for me, has to be some sort of oddity or extreme.  This is embarrassing, frustrating, and heavily impacting my relationship!  I'm going to start counseling as well to help with this and other issues I have.  

Will post on my progress regularly.  
Just a quick update for y'all.  Day 32 with no M & P. The urges to masturbate are getting pretty difficult to resist, especially in the morning when first waking up.  Not so much inclination to watch P however, which is a very good thing.  I feel like if I start watching P I'll just fall back into the same pattern but having been off it for a month I feel no real urge to pick it up at this point.  I'm still gunning for my 90 day goal, I've been avoiding social situations still to avoid ending up in any intimate situations with the ladies.  I just want to MAKE CERTAIN I can perform the next time.

Question for everyone.  For those of you that had no problems maintaining an erection to M & P but could not finish with women, how did this experiment work out for all of you?  After 3 months of no M & P did you run into any problems?  I really hope this thing works.

Good luck everyone.
So have you noticed any changes in erections yet?  Man I'm hoping that we can be resensitized, I can't remember the last time I got a boner from looking at a woman.  Plus even when i get them they are gone almost instantly after I stop stroking myself.
You just need to give it time mate.ive only looked at porn 3 times in 2 months and noticed a big difference.i havent looked at any for 2 weeks and am getting better all the time.if you can set your brain to just be used to porn then you can unset it also.It may well take you a bit longer than me but as you have viewed porn for longer than i did.Just give it a few weeks of no porn and masturbation and you will see a change.Exercise helps immensley to.Good luck!
Within the past 2 weeks, I've been looking at porn daily and no masturbation. Basically, I got so fed up with having erection problems that I decided to stop masturbating completely. However, I still need to look at porn. But here's the thing... Now when I look at porn, I just treat it like it's just porn. It's not reality, just a fantasy, and I will never get to have sex with any of these girls. It's just sexual entertainment. I barely get excited from watching porn because I look at porn in a total different perspective now. I don't look at it to get hard and to masturbate. Maybe you can try the same method. To give up porn totally is very hard especially if you love to look at sexy naked woman giving **'s, handjobs, backshots, etc.

I know I can't resist that.... I go to strip club once every 2 weeks (because I'm single right now)

Don't deprive yourself if you love to look at porn, just change your way of viewing it.

16 days strong and I still have not touch my penis while watching porn. I am loving my transition.

As far as masturbation, that seems not normal to me now. God gave us penises for papping only. (peeing and penetration) I can sense a new sex life ahead of me within a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted...
Though by and large everyone is different, the post above has given me pause. I have been on this journey for two months now with remarkable improvement. I still have a month left, but the big issue about porn and why I disagree with the poster above is that it desensitizes not only you penis when you masturbate, but also your mind. Think of it this way, if you were to eat icecream everyday all day, eventually you will get bored with it the same is true of the stuff online. Also part of the addictive process, is rationalizing use, which is what it sounds like you are doing (poster above), you're trying to, as an attempt to cling to this "drug" offer a trade-off (not masturbating), in the long run success is marginal. Real people don't copulate in that fashion, a dose of reality is that porn on average takes hours to shoot and tons of makeup and wigs (and tons of viagra). But once again, I wish you the best on your journey however I can't see that as a recipe for success, if anything it will only serve to prolong the amount of time (instead of 3 months maybe 6 or 10) until your brain once again searches for external stimuli in the real world. Porn serves to oversatiate (satisfy) the pleasure center in your brain in a completely unnatural way. .
Moving along, I wanted to again post an update, it has been two months, I once again feel like a teenager full of lust and hormones. I wake up now regularly with erections and have had a few nocturnal emissions as well. I want to encourage everyone that though it takes time, reverting back to a more natural state is possible! One more month and I think I will be even more in the clear, I also haven't had any slip ups as I now only use the computer at work and have eliminated my home computer all together. Exercise has greatly improved my hormonal levels as well, I'm never more hormonal than after a good workout! Please continue to share your stories and provide support and advice.
Porn is not desensitizing my mind. For the past 3 weeks, I watched porn daily and had no desire to masturbate AT ALL! I'm glad I'm able to separate building sexual excitement from watching porn. This shows I look at porn with a realistic perspective and not a fantasy. And I'm not addicted to porn. It's great sexual entertainment and even educational. I admit to myself that I love watching porn and don't want to stop.

This morning, I FINALLY had sex with a girl I've been trying to have sex with for months. I kept having erection problems and feeling no penis sensation with a latex condom. (I'm circumcised)

Well, this morning, that did not happen. We had sex for 10 minutes and I manage to ejaculate in the condom. I haven't done this in years. But this morning, I felt nothing but sensation. I also built a higher sex drive from looking at all that porn. It had me all over this girl like I just had to have her and SHE LOVED IT. Using latex condoms use to kill my erection all the time because I know I wasn't going to feel the sensation from the vagina. I disappointed so many women in my lifetime but today is a new day.

So for now on, I am permanently giving up masturbation but I will continue to look at porn to help increase my want for more sex. The girl also recommend I look at porn because she said I WAS AN ANIMAL.

Enjoy Yourself.
So,
I completed 4 weeks without p or m. had a couple of close shaves during the time. I def feel like a ton of weight has been taken off my chest to realize that I can go without this crap for a month. And it has helped me tremendously personally too. I am less irritable, more patient and more confident than I was last month. It is like a cloud has been from lifted from before my eyes.

I will be posting again in some weeks to update about my progress...

For those of you starting off.... a couple of words...it can be done..just need to stand firm..understand what your trigger situations are and steer clear...may be it is certain time of the day, may be a certain location..initially I was getting turned on by freaking tv shows(my brain was completely hard wired to take any cue as porn)...if ever you feel the urge, just stand up and change your activity... the urge is just a split second thing and it goes away in a matter of seconds if focus on some thing different.

stay tough.
I still watch porn. I just don't masturbate. I still love to look at sexy naked women giving hot blowjobs, handjobs,etc. This keeps your sex drive on high for your everyday normal women you meet.
Guys...have read your posts with great interest. In one of the recent ones, you mentioned you could ejaculate after 10 minutes with condom on. Is that the normal time (10 mins) for you? My problem is that even I am suffering with MB - Porn Overdose Syndrome. Lack of Libido. No morning wood. No erection during sex. Etc. Curtailing both have helped. Though, there might be point of one watching porn and not MB; but, I would presume that this would again screw up your mind. If you watch porn, you get excited; and your brain expects you to indulge in an act of sex / reaching climax / ejaculating. But if you don't MB subsequently, your brain would develop the habit of not getting excited as it would perceive it as a futile exercise. You know what I mean? So during actual act of sex, you may suffer from ED again. Have come to agree to anything in excess is bad!!!

Anyways, At the same time, I have started using Viagra during the act. I do get erections now; but not as firm and strong as when I am masturbating in standing position. However, while having natural sex with my girl, I am unable to reach climax!!! So was wondering, is it Viagra? Lack of strong Erection? still ED? etc. I have read somewhere on this forum that a couple of guys did face this problem of orgasm while taking Viagra and other similar drug.

Can anyone help?
Markinator,

I read your post - your situation isn't just physical.  Its psyche too.  You're very used to intimacy alone and sharing is with someone adds a lot of undue pressure.

There are some suggestions you might want to consider.

#1 (my favorite) Spoon in the AM when you have a natural erection.  Don't have intercourse, this is just a crutch.  See if that slowly helps you (and your gal) become more comfortable.  During that time, she can stimulate you, but avoid it yourself.

#2 (counter-intuitive, but worked for my friend) watch erotica together.  The concept is that you've been doing it yourself forever - you need to bridge the erotic of "self" and the erotica as a "shared experience".  This depends on your gal (of course) .. and you want to be really really careful on the approach.  Again, avoid masturbation, let her stimulate you.  PS - erotica isn't always porn.

#3 give for a while - do you give oral sex ?  massages ?  Its ok to concentrate on your gal for a while.  This takes the pressure off of you and keeps things positive.  Get really good at making your gal feel great.  That's going to make you feel great - and in the end, that will probably lead to good things.

Good luck friend.
MKP
Though I have not taken viagra myself I have in fact read a few articles as well as opinions on the effects of viagra on the normal libido [post viagra]. It goes without saying, that of course, proceed with caution and by all means conduct your own research as well in considering the following advice. Again this is not first hand account but I have heard that using viagra regularly by people with normally functioning sexual organs [that is unfettered from physical dysfunction] can make it difficult to have sex in its absence. I am not aware of how long the effects last or how quickly and pervasive they accrue but that has been the overwhelming opinion of people whom I've encountered. Best of luck to you addieu, and I hope you find what it the necessary advice sufficiently tailored to your situation!!!!

Brief update: Though I posted recently, I thought I'd again give an update on progress. which each passing day the urge to look at porn declines and conversely the more natural inclinations accrue. I don't feel as though I am one hundred percent, I still have a month yet to go, but I the authority that pornography and masturbation once had over my life and daily routine have subsided. I want to be clear I don't consider this issue from a moral standpoint but rather from a desensitivation, overstimulation standpoint. Just as there have been studies clearly linking ADHD with vast television use, the same principle can be true of the overstimulative adverse effects of too much pornography on the brain. Simply put, our natural brains are not hardwired to be so exposed to such high levels of stimulation.
With the passage of time, I am once again feeling a return to normalcy. It is tough to describe other than to say my routine, as time elapses, is strengthening my ability to reject porn's once vice-like grip over my sex drive!
I wish everyone the best and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Also if anyone has relevant links they wish to share to important material pursuant to the topic please share them! Thank you all, your comments and shared experience given me vigor!
Dude! You're killing yourself. I can see quitting masturbation but if you like to watch porn then you like to watch porn. Taking a month off or trying to stay away is going to drive you nutts! Eventually, you going to watch some porn (if you love looking at sexy naked women)

Stop beating yourself in the head with this. Learn how to watch porn without masturbating to it. Treat it like it's just watching tv. Learn how to just enjoy watching it without getting all that sexually excited about because afterall it's not reality, it's just porn. Teach your brain to think there's no need to get sexually excited if this is not going to turn into real sex.

This is what I do. I've been going almost a month now watching porn and no masturbation. This is not effecting me in a bad way when I'm with a normal women. In fact, watching porn increases your sex libido.

With that being said, quitting porn and masturbation all at one time is significant challenge that most will not succeed.
My guy is addicted to porn!  He says it has no bearing on his ability to perform but I've told him over and over I cannot have an orgasm sith him on the days he masturbates.  I know exactly when ( other than the many times I catch him with p in hand) because his p is smaller and that's just disgusting to me.  It's not that he pleasures himself it's that physically he's incapable of doing both so because he didnt heed the advice to stop whacking the girth and growth out of willy I just found someone on the side that could meet my needs
I agree. If he cannot please you properly because he's constantly masturbating and trying to have sex with you with a low urge to have sex, then what's the point. Find a man that's an animal in the bed all the time. I am an anti-masturbator FOR LIFE!
In my experience one of the only ways to get over this is to stop thinking about it. The more and more you think about porn, the more its going to take over your life. When i first tried to give it up, i still was sexually fantasizing alot, i would take regular everyday women and put them in porn scenes. Yes i did recover a bit by not watching porn, but constantly having these images in my head didn't speed up the process at all.

Now i truely believe we must separate porn from reality. For weeks everytime i though about anything to do with porn i quickly thought of something else, if that meants i had to stop looking at women for a week or two, then so be it. After a while it got easier. As time goes on the porn images in one's head start to clean out. Sure they might always be there, but the key is everytime they pop up, don't feed into them. As time goes on you'll start cleaning out your brain.

Its sort of like forming a habit, you may have done something for years and years, then all of a sudden you have to either stop doing it, or change something. yes its a huge adjustment at first, but after a while you get used to it. What we've all done is train our brains to get used to viewing pornography, trained ourselves both physically and mentally. Now the goal is to unlearn it.

Examples, many times i have actually overcome this problem. However i lapsed back into porn because i thought everything was ok. It wasn't the answer. again in my opinion its about unlearning the unhealthy behavior and you'll be fine, let your brain get away from the porn and transition back to reality.  
I don't know about you but I love to watch porn. I just don't masturbate to it. But I do agree, watching porn will keep you thinking sexual about women but in my opinion that is okay. What men need to do is control their masturbation habits. I stop masturbation a while ago and I no longer have any erection issues in the bedroom with a real/normal woman. AND I STILL WATCH PORN TO THIS DAY. Porn will definitely make you think more sexual with a woman and to me that's a good thing because women love to be sexually craved for on a date. It makes them feel very sexy.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.