Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
generally social anxiety can easily lead to addictions and pmo is a form of addiction thats fits social anxiety very well...since you dont have to go out there and socialize...you just stay home and  wank.

google social anxiety institute and start from there...he proposes some very nice books. That said selfhelp books can also help against social anxiety

feel free to ask if theres anything you want
Just wondering if anyone has the same experience as me. I not only can't get it up with a real sex partner (or only briefly) but can rarely get it up to printed porn, or soft-core sexy pics.

It occurred to me that whenever I watch porn, and get hard usually without too much trouble, what's now turning me on isn't the bodies of the "actors" but the actual act of sex.

I think porn has made me a voyeur, so the sight of gorgeous bodies, faces etc no longer stimulates me. It doesn't really matter what the performers look like, only what they're doing.

This is after more than 5 years of regular (sometimes daily) masturbation to internet porn. Even a year ago I think I wasn't as bad as this.

Your brain has changed due to the internet porn.  It would be best for you to leave the porn alone and start rebooting.  When I was viewing porn it wasn't the bodies so much but the physical action that got me stimulated.  A woman could look like a shoe bottom but if the action was right I was stimulated.

Remove porn from your life and you will see a difference I've been porn free now for a few months.  If a get a sexy text message from a female believe it or not that can cause me to get aroused.  

If you want to have a sex life outside of looking at porn you must leave it alone.  When you mind is addicted to porn sometimes even Viagra and Cialis  don't work because you are not getting excited.

i have been continuously viewing porn for around 5 years..and it has turned my life into living hell..for the past year i have been getting myself educated about porn and its harmful effects..needless to say i have all the "symptoms"..even before that i have tried desperate things like destroying my hard disks and internet connections quite a few times..many times i have tried to just let it go..but i end up watching porn after a gap of just one day..it makes me think i cant give it up on my own..that i dont have the required will to do it..the desire is overwhelming and after a lot of resistance i give in..sounds like i am fighting another person doesn't it??.i feel like that in real life..i did manage to go without porn for a couple of months..because of a girl..but then things went sour and in relapsed.porn has interfered with almost all aspects of my life in direct/indirect ways..it seems the more i fight it everyday the stronger the addiction becomes..from self diagnosis i may conclude that social anxiety and depression may be the cause for this addiction..it may not be so..it's just a guess.i need to quit porn completely..i know how devastating it is..i have been trying to quit for 4 years..ever since my life has started being affected..i have tried a lot..almost everything..i need to do it.but i can't..maybe not the way i have tried..can anyone please suggest anything about how to quit this..it might be godsend advice..i'm getting tired of fighting my urges.please help me..please.
Today, I feel is really the day I no longer want to look at porn. I have (2) sites I usually go to and I feel I done see all the videos that interest me. It is to the point I see the same video clips all the time. I believe it is officially the time for me to quit porn. I feel I done see it all and there is no more to see. I can't really speak for masturbation but porn has really become obsolete to me. I should NOW have no problem going several days, even months, without looking at porn. I think the remedy for me is porn exhaustion, not just staying away from it completely. This might be the remedy for some of you too if you're having a hard time abstaining from porn.
Interesting view point on rebooting.

If that method is successful for you then that's excellent.  For others they may never find the point of porn exhaustion and fall deeper and deeper into the dark self destructive world of porn.  I've read posts where guys have gone through niche after niche chasing the dopamine rush that porn provides.

yes that's true....

I finally realize that I go through several screens until I find one video that interest me and as I go thru the screens, some videos are uploaded more than once. I feel I seen enough asian videos, hanjobs, blojobs, riding, doggystyle, stepmoms, college, hidden camera, interracial, doctors, nurses, teachers, students, nuns, YES even nun videos. LOL... I realize that a new video is not showing me anything new and it takes forever to find a video of a new female I like. I feel porn exhausted for real and ready to leave it alone for a long time.
Strangely I've recently felt exhausted of porn.....kinda like there's nothing else for me anymore...I've gone back into looking at it, occasionally but not all the time...  Don't think this is good though, even occasionally. Going to try to quit it completely. I think there should be more control over porn (in society) I'm not against it, but I see the effects it's had on me and can only imagine on other people....
Will it ever be controlled or just spiral out of control until it's even more hardcore than now?

BTW I just saw Jenna Haze at a pool I go to in a 4 star hotel. Could not believe it! got me thinking of porn again! no escape!
Porn is big business and like the tobacco there are definite risks to those who choose to indulge.  Living in a society such as ours we don't have Big Brother slapping our wrists when we do things that are legal but at the same time could be harmful to us.

The same way some people choose to smoke while others don't.  A conscious effort must be made to cut porn out of your life.  Its hard to avoid everything that will put the thought of porn in your mind on a daily basis.  Sex is everywhere!!!!

Porn niches have gotten more hardcore over the years in order to keep the porn addict satisfied and hooked.  

You know.... I wish they never came with FREE internet porn. If all porn cost money, I would still watch it moderately or barely at all....LOL. Why is there free porn on the internet anyway? What are they gaining from us watching it? Who still pay for porn nowadays? This world is sad...
thanx man. I appreciate it all.
I sold internet porn for many years and I made a whole lot of money doing it but in the process I damaged myself and relationships.

I'm not a bible beater but these words from Mark 8:36 sum it up, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

My relationships suffered because I slowly became affected by porn induced ED.  I was in denial that exposure to mass amounts of porn for extended periods of time caused me to loose my libido.  I blamed it on the women not being attractive to me.

Why is it free????  Looking back I can say its the same way a drug dealer will give your free crack, heroin or meth.  To get you addicted so that you will pay for the high and crave more.  If you notice the free stuff that is not pirated is really just a teaser to get you to sign up to the site where you are exposed to more intense content.

I was in the biz long enough to actually see the niches intensify and at times I'd say to myself "How the hell is going to want to watch this!!!!".  As I slipped deeper that same content started to draw me in.

I didn't realize what I was doing at the time but I feel bad for unknowingly dispensing something that can ruin a persons life.  Me being a victim of the same poison only seams fair.

I talk about PMO to anyone that will listen in an effort to spread the word and I'm working on increasing the awareness of the problem.

You said "My relationships suffered because I slowly became affected by porn induced ED.  I was in denial that exposure to mass amounts of porn for extended periods of time caused me to loose my libido"

Were you just excessively watching porn or did you masturbate heavily to it too?
The other day i was reading the article "masturbation withdrawal symptom" here is the link http://www.reuniting.info/science/porn_addiction_withdrawal_symptoms

http://www.reuniting.info/download/pdf/0.WITHDRAWAL.pdf

please read it and comment it. thanks
That is a very informative article, I found it interesting how it made the same comparison the the cigarette industry as i did in my post from yesterday.

Nothing worthwhile comes easy but defeating this addiction is something that will add greatness to your life and your entire being.

Morning chaps,

I've been off the porn and Masturbation since end of January. I'm 48 so a good bit older than some of you young bucks but I had a number of questions in my head that I really wanted an answer to. The difference in my sex life has been dramatic and for the first time in 12 years or so I'm getting sustained erections without touching. I feel like 16 again! The one main question I had was, what happens if I relapsed? Would it set me back or would it just be a blip? Would it destroy me or would I be able to get back on track again? So, in the interests of science etc etc, last week I deliberately relapsed. 3 times in the space of 6 hours. I have to be honest, it felt really weird doing it. Afterwards the guilt trip I had was wild. Never felt so loathsome about myself. That was a week past Monday and I have to report that I've gone back into that flatline sphere again. Feeling nothing down there at all. So the message is, relapsing does set you back but since that relapse Ive had zero desire to do it again. Thats the good news bit. The only way to beat this is to abstain totally and save it for the ladies. Others might be able to dabble a bit on their own but for me the message is clear. It does no good and does set you back.

Keep "up" the good work chaps.
Well old man lol just kidding I'm 45 years old.

I kicked PMO cold turkey around Dec last year.  

"The difference in my sex life has been dramatic and for the first time in 12 years or so I'm getting sustained erections without touching. I feel like 16 again!"

I feel pretty much the same way not 16 but maybe 21 or so lol.  I have not relapsed but I will admit I've had some pretty intense tests of my will power.  I still experience periods where I flatline I feel completely dead down there.  Other times I feel like I felt in my 20's I try not to dwell on it as to not give my self a complex about it.  

I promised myself that I will save it for the women I do not have a steady GF at the time, so its really hit and miss.  But when I do stumble upon some action I'm not consumed worrying about if I can raise the flag.  The enough keeps me on the right track.

I have not masturbated or viewed porn since I started my reboot process.

I'm very happy with the new me.

Good luck
What does relapse mean? Is that masturbation + porn or can relapse be masturbation alone too?
That is a damn good question.

I think it depends on the individual.  For me relapsing would be looking at porn.  I don't want to M anymore period but if I did I would not count it as a relapse unless porn was involved.

I went to yourbrainonporn.com and that basically said a relapse is not masturbation or sex. Here's the link if you want to check this out and obtain more details...

http://www.yourbrainonporn.com/what-stimuli-must-i-avoid-during-my-reboot-did-i-relapse
Good read it makes some very valid poinrts
I'm really starting to feel like my old self again.

Prior to being addicted to porn I would approach an attractive woman at the drop of a hat, full of confidence and conversation.  I lost that ability somewhere along the line.  I was consciously and subconsciously terrified that if things progressed to the point of sex that I would fail horribly.  That fear completely crippled me having the confidence to approach women.

There is a lady that I've seen in the building where I work for months and I've never said a peep to her.  The last time I saw her I promised myself that I would speak to her and at least get to know her name. I saw her this morning walking from the parking lot and I felt the Beast within roaring.  I spoke to her found out her name and told her mine.  I was charged all morning.  I ran into her again at lunch time and told her I'd like to take her to lunch and gave her my number.  

It felt really good I was practically giddy over it.

Just read it. It does make very good point.
Ok, so I have a bit of a problem, I masturbate (to porn) a little too much. At least once a day. Sometimes I can go about 3-5. I guess you could say I'm addicted. I find that when I watch porn, a lot of times it's hard for me to stay hard but I really can't last that long. I have a very beautiful girlfriend and I absolutely love her, never gone any farther than oral but when she tried it on me, I just couldn't get it up. (This happened with my previous ex as well, but she wasn't nearly as attractive). When I make out with my girlfriend or just simply when she says something cute or even hug her sometimes I get an erection, but when we try to get freaky, it just doesn't want to go up, and if it does, it'll go down right away. Also I find that if I don't touch my penis while watching porn, it becomes very hard for it to stay up and hard. I really want this to end. Do I need to stop watching porn and masturbating for a long time or what?
Just my opinion.... But the reason you're probably not getting great erections from your gf giving  you oral is that you are too use to your own stimulation from your hand. Plus excessive masturbating to porn detaches our mind from real intamacy. Why don't you stop masturbating and watching porn for a month so you feel and understand what I'm trying to tell you.
Is it just me but whenever I'm just chilling and start roleplaying a sexual scene with a female I'm familiar with in my mind, I can feel the dopamine rushes in my head kicking it as if it is telling me to start feeling on myself to get the full effect. I have a crazy imagination. I have to learn how to control my fantasy thoughts so I can maintain self-control with no masturbation and no porn.
Man what is wrong with me? I'm on a social website and it had a video called booty compilation of the week. I thought it was just some booty shaking women dancing so I clicked on it since I know I don't get dopamine rushes from stuff like that. After I clicked on it, I realized it was a promotion for a new porn site. TRICKED ME!!!! I can feel my dopamine kicking in and my mind saying "new porn videos I never seen before". It was on my mind very hard and you all know my focus from a couple days ago when I said I am porn exhausted. So I try to stay away from the site for a few minutes but I'm so curious about this site that I go to it anyway. THANK GOD the site was not free!!!! I been stop paying for porn. I left the site and my state of mind went right back to normal (before the dopamine rushes). Man, I gotta be cautious of what I click on for now on. Am I this weak for porn??? I need more real women in my life so I can get pass this phase.
Hey there, man you have to avoid all that stuff.  They are just trying to bait you back into the world of addiction.  I'm happy that you did not pay for access to that website.

More real women definitely does help.

Man, its just like any other addiction, if your brain even gets a sniff at what caused the addiction, you get cravings. Its gonna stay forever man, those dopamine passways will never go away. You just have to be strong enough to resist, and even if you do relapse once, it won't harm you, the problems are going to start if you repeat the relapse again and again. But don't worry, its all ok as long as you don't watch porn. Take a look at this YBOP article

http://www.yourbrainonporn.com/why-am-i-still-noticing-a-dopamine-rush-after-rebooting
About that girl you talked to after a couple of months...

I don't know about you, but when my porn addiction started to take effect on me (in puberty, i was mastrubating every day to porn but my erections were normal and after taking 2-3 days off from porn and mastrubation i would be horny as hell. since i never had sex in puberty i can't quite tell but my ED problems became a real problem for me in the autumn of last year) i noticed that, unlike earlier, i felt strange, as if my emotions were dying down. I was no longer viewing girls as girls but more as sexual objects. I couldn't like a girl anymore, it was as if something was blocking those emotions. My emotions became plain in general. I think that is the point of why porn messes with your love life. The addictions shuts down the brain pathways we get for dating women (reproductive pathways) since we ejaculate to porn, so we lose our ability to find girls since we already get orgasms via porn. I noticed when i relapsed because a girl rejected me once, that once i watched porn, orgasmed and relapsed, i suddenly felt almost no emotions towards that girl (so, the orgasm didn't make me happy, it made my emotions go away).
I remember the emotionless sexual object stage very well.  Once I started rebooting I began to look at women differently or should I say normally.  Its funny how things affect the mind and its a good thing that its reversible.

NO, Too much porn/Masturbation, will not cause E.D.. However it will cause U to need quite a lot of stimulation to get an erection ltr in life!! If you are masturbating, also your **** will become not as soft as when U were young. It will be more, thicker skin around it.. Just FYI..
   Deep breaths wrk, and do not wear any tight fitting clothing that will press against your guy. I've been married 10yrs. and quit a few yrs ago. Not with out incidents. Because I sill start to think  sexual thoughts and start lusting.. B4 long I've had an erection for so long I'll have per-*** oozing out. In public it is embarrassing, cause I'll get a wet spot  on my pants or have to find somewhere I can adjust my-self..  However, if I am just at home lounging with sweats or wind pants, even jeans, I have to adjust it from protruding out from my waist and then carry a tissue to wipe pre-*** up. Then it's just impossible, it's so hard, when I adjust it, the feeling is so intense, it drives me crazy.. Good Luck..
   Just remember, if your in a relationship, if you do not relieve your-self and wait for your partner, Your erections will become firmer. The more often you are sexual, the more tolerance to the sensation U have. Not that it don't feel great, but u last longer.
"NO, Too much porn/Masturbation, will not cause E.D.. "

I disagree. Anything that causes your penis not to get a full erection or sustained erection means it causes you to get E.D.

After all, this is what E.D. means.

Impotence is a different scenario.

But as far as "too much porn/too much masturbation", they can cause a male to have E.D. and all the stimulation in the world can't revive him.
New month and I have began to reboot myself once again. Im at day 6 now and almost had a relapse but I didn't! I'm going to try and stay strong and avoid sexual thoughts.
Is having a wet dream step back in recovery?
This morning i had one and today in the afternoon i had trouble getting an erection just by touch , and for past month at least i could get it up in the same way with just sensations.
Any experiences?
wetdreams are consider normal. It is not a setback.
Yes wet dreams are 100% normal and in no way is a set back, I see them as a sign of healing taking place.
Moderate alcohol use can sometimes help reduce masturbation.  I used to have a severe problem with Internet porn, and it has improved significantly.  I tended to look at porn before I went to bed, and then stay up for hours masturbating, every night.  I now plan the end of my day differently, watching sports on TV and having a few beers.  The alcohol has its own biological effects on the brain, which gets my mind off sex completely.  Of course alcohol use can lead to alcohol problems.  But in moderation it has helped me reduce masturbation to a couple times a week instead of every day.  Sometimes you need one addiction to beat another.
to each's own.... I tend to look at some porn after drinking some alcohol. Alcohol and sex goes hand in hand.
Do you guys also think P/M cand lead to premature ejaculation?
I'd say no but who knows I could be wrong.  I noticed that once I started having sex after my reboot process I was knocking at the door of PE.

The increased sensation, excitement was sort of overwhelming.  You have to learn how to relax yourself and distract your mind if needed.  

I sometimes think about things that have NOTHING to do with sex and it helps me bring down my level of excitement.

There are also techniques that you can learn to extend your lasting power.

last year April 10 i'd tried to abstain PMO  but relapsed after 43 days. after that i've tried several time but i couldn't abstain it.But now i've started again. its been 5 weeks now no porn no fapping.

I'm 26 now and fapping since i was 14 almost every single day. now i have ED.but problem is not just ED..i think because of too much masturbation and porn i became a total loser. I am not a confident person. I did nothing creative. I day dream a lot, i have a big dreams but did nothing to achieve them.Im always seeking approvals from others. I feel really nervous in front of people, i can't stand in front of large group.i used to be intelligent person but now i don't even know what to do in simple situation. I can't even memorized things easily.i used to be a very funny person but now im a boring. Even if somebody says something slightly negative about me i feel depressed . i usually feel worthless because i've achieved nothing. im 26 but still virgin and it *****. i never had a girlfriend . whenever i see  guys with their girlfriends i just say 'the lucky ones'

I have never shared these feeling with anyone. I dont know why but today i just want to tell. sorry about my english its not my first language.

its been 5 weeks now no masturbation no porn. there is some difference in energy level. after two weeks i felt more confident but i dont know why but today i feel really worthless.it feels like same before abstaining from PMo. it is sudden mood swing.
i made a pact with myself i would never do masturbate again and watch porn.i wanna do real sex not just in my mind.if i could not find a girl than i'll go to prostitute but no masturbation no no..
I read your post and you remind me of an old friend back from high school who didn't have the heart to approach women.. You really need to man up and go for yours. You need to realize that women are human too and are nervous just as much as the guy when a guy approaches them. If you are not good with words and conversation I advise you to write an approaching script to help guide you until you're comfortable without a script. A simple "hello, can I talk to you for a minute" followed by a "you're very cute" then "what's your name" then "well I don't really want to hold up your time because I see you're busy. I was just wondering if I can call you sometimes" IS A GREAT APPROACH. IT'S SIMPLE, DIRECT AND TO THE POINT. This is how I got started until I progressed to a more natural approach using my charm and sense of humor.

I'm giving you this advice because I don't want you to go back to porn/masturbation because you're constantly depressed from not having women in your life.

I hope you take heed to my advice. This approach is not 100% guaranteed but you can't go wrong with saying something dumb out your mouth to women.
love_a_challenge's advice is a good starting point.  You have to build your confidence level and not get caught up in rejection.

Funny thing if I've been off the market for a while with a girl friend if I end up back out there approaching women I've uneasy at first its actually funny.

Check out the posts on approaching women on this site

http://www.****.com/?s=approach+women

Good luck
I have the exact problem going on in my life. I was really good person back but since i start masturbating and start watching porn i become skinner plus i lose my confidence, not talking from of people, getting scared from of group etc. Yes GhostDog is right that you need to build your confidence. Cuze confidence is the main thing which keeps us back. I would recommend you to start building confidence from low for example, like hanging out with who you feel more conformable and from there show and what can you do and keep going up. Thats what im doing these from the past two years. I use to get scared by sitting in class, i use to feel dizzy in big class, and use to sit all the way back. But now i dont feel scared but i get uncomfortable when teacher ask my name :p. But im still trying and i have improved alot. Just go where you feel comfortable and socialize more it will help you and will help you to built your confidence. and NEVER LET DOWN YOURSLF
This thing ruined my life.I am now 18 years old and think that I've done nothing with my life.I just made mistakes that ruined my relationships.I don't have faith in anybody.I don't care about anybody.My life is dull.

My mood might depend on the recovery symptons, but now I really feel like hell...
Dude you are 18!!!

Your life is not ruined you just need to make positive changes to your life.  Rebooting withdrawal symptoms can have your emotions swinging like that of a pregnant woman.  I was a grouchy MF for a few weeks, I just managed to cover it up well.

Nothing worth anything is easy, its easy to lay down and tolerate things you do not like.

Discipline - Determination - Patience

I used to be a top pupil back in the day.I am a total failure now.I hope that after highschool I'll be able to be better than what I already am, but when i think what could've I done until now, with all the time I spent on PMO...
Well the good thing is that you know you have the potential. You know what you are capable of, that's more than half the battle.

Pondering on time spent is water passing under the bridge, get in gear and get with it!!!

I've managed not to PMO for 92 days until this weekend when i masturbated but without porn. Definetly i won't masturbate again on porn and my erections are back now.

I don't have a girlfriend, never had, and today i couldn't resist and went to a prositute or escort as they like to call themselves. The erection was like 70-80% but the problem was that i finished fast, like 2 minutes. Probably this happened becouse of the long time of no ejaculation or this is what i hope.

Are prostitutes wrong? I hope this way to manage to understand women better and know how to aproach them.

@sayno2porn
I'm 27 and also never had a gf as i said. But how hard can it be? I believe that this is becouse i'm very shy and i lack self confidence.
Congrats on making it 92 days!!!!

Hell No!!! Prostitutes are not wrong in other countries its as common as going to get a haircut.  I don't have a problem getting women but I will admit I've been with more prostitutes than I can remember both domestically and internationally.

Its a damn shame that in this country unless you are in Nevada a man has to jump through hoops just to get sex if he does not have any woman at his disposal.

When I first started having sex after rebooting I was a minute man also, now I'm getting used to the increased sensitivity and I can control myself much better.
Just did a month without masturbation/orgasm but with casual peaking at porn.
I must say that it doesn't work. There is some progress but everything is going much slower than my previous attempt - 3 weeks with absolutely no PMO. So if you are going to do this, do it right.
I'm stopping porn completely this time.
There is no Walking The Line when it comes to PORN you are either IN or you are OUT.

Look at it as though it were a physical drug like Meth, Coke, Heroin etc.

You can't work on kicking a Meth habit and think its okay to take a few hits before work to make the day go smoother.  There is no casual Meth usage.
The same why a recovering alcoholic tries to avoid everything dealing with alcohol.  You must do the same leave the porn completely alone.

You can do it!!!

Just stumbled onto this thread.  I'm dealing with PMO/erection as well.  Didn't have a clue about any of this.  I'm feeling super encouraged and motivated to get clean.  Thanks fellas.
Welcome

If you are ready to start taking back control of your life, this is a good place to start.  How long have you been addicted to porn and suffering from the side effects.

My brain is desperate for M.Had some stresfull days with exams  and I won't see my girflriend for another 15 days.Damn.
I wish I had a girlfriend I could expect to be with in 15 days LOL

Its mind over matter.

Do as many push ups as you can do in 5 minutes when you feel the urge trying to take you over.

I've been using porn on and off since 2001.  In the last year or so my usage has increased quite a bit.  So during the last year the side effects are considerable.  Today is day one.
take it one day at a time, if you feel yourself getting weak dig your heels in and fight past it.  That will give you strength for the next battle.

Before M was at the least a nightly thing for me.  Now I don't even think about it.  I threw out EVERY SINGLE piece of porn in my house even things I didn't even look at old dvd's, mags etc.  I erased the many gigabytes of porn I had on my computer EVERYTHING.

If you are serious about it you can do it.
Relapsed due to some arguments with other people.How can something like this make you fill like sh.t.
6 months ago I followed this forum for a while and I stopped masturbating and watching porn for more than one month. I found improvement with my erection. 4 months ago I met a girl that I started dating her and now we are in relationship. we have sex one a week and it is going well.. in order not to loose my confidence, I take 5 mg of cialis before and it is perfect... recently, I found myself getting back to porn since I gain confidence and I can perform with my girl. Moreover, I missed the porn. Question: should I stop completely the porn or I can watch from time to time and masturbate? I do not want to go back to my problem of erection again..
I appreciate the encouragement. One day down.  So far so good.
If sex is going well with your girl why play with fire?  Porn's a slippery slope, man.  
so hot!
If you really don't want to go back to having ED problems and you know things got better once you let go of the porn, why start dabbling in porn again?

Bottom line porn is like a drug, read your post you rationalized why its ok for you to view porn again.  I am not bashing you but attempting to point out to you and others how porn addiction is like addiction to many other substances.

I feel pretty confident in saying that if you left porn alone completely you would not need the cialis you could have sex one time or multiple times a week.

"I found myself getting back to porn since I gain confidence and I can perform with my girl. Moreover, I missed the porn. Question: should I stop completely the porn or I can watch from time to time and masturbate? I do not want to go back to my problem of erection again.. "
Today is the first day I've accepted I have a problem.  I've been looking at porn and since I was 13 and masturbating since I was 11(accidental discovery).  I've had a girlfriend for the past few months and she could never get me off with handjobs so I would turn to porn when she left.  She thinks that sex will solve the problem and we most likely will try in a couple weeks(I'm still a virgin.)  What she doesn't know is that it is most likely from all the masturbating.  I realize this now, and for her sake I'm going to quit today, so maybe she won't feel like a failure.  This is my day one.  Any advice?
"for her sake I'm going to quit today"

To all on the forum the life change of rebooting must be done for yourself.  The reason I feel so strongly about that is if you do it for a woman and things go south you will most likely relapse.

You can do it just set you mind to it and got for it.

It's been six weeks now without PMO. Erections are super hard like never before.Now i can feel like i can control my addiction.No matter what but i'll never get back to PM.

I used to masturbate every morning so now its really hard to resist sexual fantasies in the morning. but i really dont want to do M because i want real sex.This is my goal.

Everyday i tell myself im gonna ask some girls out today but i never did it. whenever i was about to approach a girl my confidence fell down,I can't speak my mind, my mind starts thinking like what if she reject me, maybe im not smart enough, ohh this is not a right time becoz everybody is watching...bcoz rejection gonna hurt more than anything.
Im in a weird situation where it hurts not having a girlfriend(becoz of this i got porn & masturbating addiction) but rejections hurts more than this and i dont have guts to deal with it.

I WANT TO CHANGE I REALLY WANT TO CHANGE IM FED UP WITH MYSELF.

Where are you from? Maybe you should start off with online dating websites. Find a free one. I know what you mean about rejection. I'm 35 and still fear rejection BUT there are times where I see a woman that look so beautiful to my eyes that I have to try. I wish I have balls of steel too...LOL

Anyway, I think you will do great with an online dating site for starters. It eliminate the approaching step and goes right into the conversation.
I glad you are seeing the results of kicking PMO.

You will begin to feel more confident as time passes, PMO killed my confidence like an airstrike.  I feel much more confident now especially since I'm not worried about not being able to perform.

I finally spoke to a chick in the building at work after secretly admiring her for MONTHS!!!  She didn't shoot me down and actually said that we can go to lunch one day together.  For me that's great progress.

You have to get out there and try dating sites are a good place to start as [lac] mentioned.
I don't know every time i tried to stop masturbation and porn i get scared in 2nd week and get back to my addiction again :(. I m having a phobia of to quitting, cuze of the first experience when i did it and had a panic attack.
Its mind over matter man you have to decide what you are going to do and go for it.  This is a good place to start, but the first step begins with you!

Back on my feet guys, 3 days without PMO
Heh, im also around your age and used to be in a similar situation. terribly afraid of rejection (not initial rejection since i have some faith on my looks, but 1-2 days down the road when we'd have to talk) so i never did anything with any girl...

As soon as i realised how silly fear of rejection is, things took a big turn.Think about it...you are an evolved ape....living on a natural spaceship moving around the vast space...and you think it matters AT ALL if you get rejected?:D Like...WHO CARES!

Ofc when you realise that and move on, you'll see rejection does not hurt at all lol, it actually feels good because you tried;) Its the fear of rejection that hurts....rejection is awesome. Ofc when you dont fear rejection, then rejection doesnt come very often:) Just one small hint if you decide to try, do not feel good just because you tried once and got rejected and then stop: you must try AGAIN the following weeks cause if you dont then some months from now you wont remember how good you felt and  you'll think you failed, when what actually happened...is you stopped when you should not.

If you still cant fathom the courage to show a girl that you want/like her (really thats all thats needed), then try some social anxiety cbt therapy or and mdma trip at home alone to think on this stuff:)
That said, im like almost 4 months with almost no pmo. As in, after the first 2 months i masturbate once weekly softly with no porn to let some steam off. I can do that np, i get spontanetous erections daily pretty much and generally feel pretty healthy.Had an encounter with a girl yday in my car where after like 3 hours of foreplay? she decided we were going to have sex and started playing around my penis which was not very erect after all this time. (lots alcohol was involved too)

Well, i got soooo anxious that even though i did get sth that looked like a proper erection when she was giving me good stimulation with bites etc, as soon as she stopped i went full limp. I know thats fully perfomance-anxiety related so im not too bothered about it, but for the next few encounters i will have viagra or sth with me (i had this time too, but i didnt expect sex to happen lol and had no time to take any)
Hi all.  I am 172 days without porn and masturbation today.  Porn wrecks everything and it feels very good to start being my old self again, just a whole lot better and wiser.  Rewiring the brain is where it starts really.  I still have a long way to to, but almost 6 months down!
Good to hear that you have stopped it. And i think 172 days is a lot. I would like to hear about you how did you go through this all.
Peter congrats on your progress.

I'm an about a month ahead of you and even though I fell 100% better I am still improving as time passes.

Hi All,

I'm 44 and have habitually used porn to masturbate for as long as I can remember. Whilst I do feel that it has led to a loss of my libido I am not jumping on the band wagon by saying it is ONLY porn that is to blame. When I was young (20's or so) I used to masturbate to anything I could get my hands on. Clearly this was way before the internet, so I would buy / steal top shelf magazines, buy porn tapes when I could afford to basically anything to get myself off.

I am however about to embark on an experiment by not masturbating or watching ANY porn for the next month to see if my libido rebounds, as I suspect it will.   The reason for doing this is my new partner has noticed my drop in libido and has commented. I have until now not accepted that it might be the porn. (If I sound like i'm in denial bear with me for now is all I ask - don't judge me just yet!).

So this morning I didn't masturbate or watch porn and through the day at work I have so far resisted the temptation. (YES - I know how some of you will this as skanky, repugnant etc - but remember I asked you not to judge me just yet!). I cannot say that I have noticed any improvement - that would be ridiculous!! I AM feeling slightly antsy at the moment though so who knows.... maybe!

I will however keep it up and post as and when I feel the need.

In the meantime keep it up guys (pun definitely intended!)
OK, this may sound crazy, but I'm new to this forum, (hey forums in general. I'mm 44 FCS!!) but what exactly does PMO mean. I can guess P = Porn M = Masturbation but the "O"???

Help!

Bob
Welcome to the fourm

Orgasm
Im from Canada.
Today is  a day 53 without PMO. But now things taking big turn. The urge of M&P is not strong but the urge of Sex is too strong to resist. It makes me crazy. I am always horny now. I just dont want to think about it but even if someone talking about girls makes me horny. thats weird...I feel restless all the time, i feel frustrated and i feel like my body wants me to just  DO SOMETHING. i dont know what is happening to me..is it normal??
anyone has similar experience??

2 months before it was totally different . But now the desire of sex is very intense. After 50 days of abstaining from PMO i realized one thing that sexual power is really powerful ,the way it changes your thinking is really strange it can actually control your mind, the way you act.

and one more thing.. i am always scared of approaching girls(even now) but anyway i asked a girl out this weekend but she rejected me but in a nice way..it didnt feel bad.i'll try again.
NPH
Hi I'm 38yrs old and I've suffered from ED for the last 8years. I watched porn for the last 10 years but I never thought my ED was caused by this. I thought it was performance anxiety.

My erections would be weak, I had no sex drive and there was no sign of any morning wood. Depressing times

I came across yourbrainonporn and decided to try it. It's been 96 days without porn and masturbation and I'm having some success (morning wood is coming back and slightly stronger erections).

I've been in a relationship with a seriously hot woman for the last 5 months so I have been attempting sex at the weekends. I get hard but I lose it when I start to think about the lack of sensation in my penis. I literally cannot feel my erection sometimes. Crazy! I try again and I usually orgasm.

I'm wondering has anybody continued with sex with their partner and recovered? Am I slowing the process down by orgasming with my girl? I sometimes use natural herbal supplements because I fear it might not work.

One other thing has anybody gone through feelings of sadness with the reboot? These last 2 weeks I've had no sex drive or sensation whatsoever even though my girl is extremely beautiful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Congrats on the 96 days!!!

Personally I don't think having sex is going to mess up your recovery.  Just stay away from the porn and no masturbating.  Save your sexual energy for your woman.

For me the rebooting process was a emotional roller coaster.  My sex drive went on an extended vacation and I was not sure when or if it was coming back.  Its all part of the process hang in there and you will continue to improve.  

I've used the herbal supplements also in the past prior to rebooting and I have gotten decent results.

All I can say now is that I am a new man.
Guys, I have experienced erectile dysfunction for last 12 years since I was 16. Recently I came across this blog and went 30 days without PMO. I did some exercise, yoga, and healthy food. This past weekend I had a great sex with a lady I recently met. I stayed hard the entire time. Now I am still carving for more sex. My libido is super high like it hasn't' been since I was 12-14. I want to have sex all the time. I am super horny. My confidence with woman has increased. My life has changed.
Thanks for sharing.
Post like yours keep us motivated!!!

Your only 30 days in, its going to get even better.
Hi, I'm 48 and was masturbating to porn mags and internet porn for a lot more years than you have been! I'm replying to you as a lot of the guys on here are very young and I think whist what they are going through is valuble info for all sometimes someone a little older may be a closer match to what yr going through.

You need to remember, if we've been at this for 10 years plus then to expect a recover in 3 months is hopeful to say the least. There is no pattern here or formula. For some 3 months might do it but for others it will take longer. For me I went into the withdrawal mode and honestly felt like I was coming off drugs for about 2 weeks (not that I actually know what thats like!). I was moody, headaches, angry, sad etc. The whole spectrum of emotions but I stuck with it. After about a month I went into flatline and this lasted again for a few weeks. No interest at all in anything sexual. I thought my penis had given up and gone. Towards the end of the 3rd month I started to see and feel things that I hadnt for a long number of years. Morning erection, erections for no reason during the day etc. All this gave me confidence that I was on the right track. I'm now 6 months down the line and although I've had 2 occasions that I went back (one was deliberate to see what would happen) I can tell u that I am a different man from 6 months ago. My energy is back, my libido is in full flight, basically I feel like a teenager again. Porn and mastrubation screwed me up for almost 20 years and I had no idea it was doing it.

Keep going and don't get down heartened. All that you're feeling is perfectly normal and if u stay the course u will come out of it.  
182 Days without Porn and MB.  What a relief.  The more I read about how many people have this problem and where they ended up, what they were watching, makes me glad that I am at this point.  I blame my old man for bringing porn into the home and when I was 4 or 5 years old, I found them and I believe that started a screwed up process in my head.
But here I am and its been quite easy thus far.  The best thing to do is not allow your thoughts to drift to Porn or fantasize about sex.  Porn is really bad!  Nothing good comes out of porn.  Read this:  If you look at porn on the laptop, turn it to the side and see that you are looking at dots on a screen....its not real.... its a screwed up business!
Peter
182 days!!!!  Nice

Porn is just like cigarettes or alcohol its legal but it can easily be abused and be harmful to your health.

help me dude explain me in simple words...email id....***@****
sir i  m 21...i have less sperm count and i am addicted to porn and consecutive ejaculation ......giving up porn will really help me????....plzz guide me sir.....
Today I was copying files from a broken laptop to an external usb drive for a co-worker.  When got the the my downloads folder I saw the usual music, a few movies then then I noticed two porn videos based by the titles.  

For a moment the my mind was captivated by the titles and I really wanted to look at them.  I thought to myself what harm is one short peek going to do?  I paused for about a minute and thought about it.  I was not willing to throw away all my progress and new found self for porn.

The fact that I was even tempted bothered me, but know that I did not give in to the porn made me feel empowered.

I just wanted to share my close call.
does stopping porn will also help in increasing sperm count??????????
In my opinion, no it will not increase sperm count if you stop watching porn. Sperm count may increase if you reduce masturbation but it also depends on how well your body produces sperm. Drinking the right amount of water everyday and exercise may help as well. Good hydration is the key.
i dont   have a erection problem...but suddenly no sperm is coming...but i admit i am a porn addict...and masturbating from last 3 years....i am giving up porn and masturbating......does stopping masturbating for a great time willll help me....plzzzz rply
As I stated before, Sperm count may increase if you reduce masturbation but it also depends on how well your body produces sperm. Drinking the right amount of water everyday and exercise may help as well. Good hydration is the key.
The first time I thought masturbating is a good healthy style in the human body but I am now facing a real big deal problem about masturbating. And that problem is that I'm now addicted and I wanna stop masturbating but I don't know how, because I can't even stop watching porn. So anyone could be able to help me to get through this? Please help me before its too late.
There is a saying that too much of anything can be no good for you.

You have found pretty much all the support you need on this forum.  As for help this is one of those times in life where you have to help yourself.  

It will take willpower, self control and self discipline to win the battle.

Trust me you can do it, you just need the desire to change.

NPH
Hi Thanks for the reply. It has really given me peace of mind that I'm on the right track. 8 years of low confidence and lack of interest in sex and everything. I blamed past experiences, getting older etc I had no idea it was porn.

These last few weeks have been difficult. My emotions are all over the place but I'll push on through.

Thanks again for the response and encouragement.
I have been using
Internet Porn to masturbate for more than 10 years. Before I just masturbated by my self. Now I realize that I started to have ED after a while. I'm going to try and reset my brain by not masturbating or watching porn for a while. Has Any One done this? How long will it take
A few of us have done the rebooting process and I can say for myself it does work. If you want to remain without your ED its best that you just leave porn alone all together no good comes from it at all.

Since each situation is different its hard to say how long it will take but the results are worth it.

Good luck

Your comment is interesting for me. I have that problem of porn addiction since I was 12 , and I am 27 now with horrible ED and low libido. I like my wife so much , so we have a good emotions , but we have no real sexual actions. This problem become so frustrating by time and my relationship is in a big danger. I stopped watching porn 2 weeks ago and I have no change yet. but in fact I didn't stop sex at all. I keep sexual act using ED drugs like Viagra in order to help and fulfill my partner's needs. Really I don't know if this sexual activity with my wife will interfere with the recovery?
Do you think that recovery includes the stopping of sex at all for a certain period or stopping of Porn and masturbation only without leaving natural sex actions
I'm pretty sure Ghost will tell you sex during the recovery is okay. Having sex is normal. Your brain has been re-wired, that's all. As time goes on, your brain will become more in sync with your penis. The key is to stay completely away from porn and masturbation. Believe it or not, you will actually recover faster if you open up to your partner about the situation. "Confession" and "Assurance from your partner that everything is going to be okay" really eases the mind through the recovery.
Thanks!  I  use the part of confession to help me reaching complete recovery , sometimes emotional love is stronger than sexual act. But I hope that emotional bonds will  remain  strong tell passing this big hurdle.
Yes love_a_challenge you are correct.

medo94, natural sex is fine but you must leave porn alone and thoughts of porn.  Porn as taken the place of your woman when it comes to intimacy and release.  You need to reprogram your mind to respond to what is normal and real, not some hardcore emotionless fantasy.  

The first step is realizing that porn usage has gotten you to the point where you are currently.  Think about how nice things will be when you no longer need ED drugs to get and erection and your woman feels sexy and appreciated.  That dark cloud that we all have felt when ED kicks in and we are unable to perform will be a thing of the past.  You will feel 100x's better about yourself and everything you do.  

Get rid of all your porn.

It's been 64 days without PMO.

I can't believe i've completed 2 months.... feels good !!!
Hello everyone! here is my story
Now my age is 26. In my teen age 14-17 i had masturbated lot of times. at first it seeks good and gives enjoy. I was masturbated  sometimes more than 3 times a day. I usually masturbate weekly 7 days..... Every climax of masturbate i feel to get rid of it. but i cannot.... after some hours i feel to masturbate. this story goes on.....until i came to know that tantric yoga(india), Taoist yoga(china)... I lost my stamina due to heavy masturbation. At age 18 i started to practice taoist yoga (tantric yoga requires a guru) which can self taught exercises such as sexual kung fu, Big draw,etc change my sexual life tremendously. It takes three months to learn the exercises.... Gradually i can transform my sexual energy in love....Love only can solve the over sexual problem.  Nowadays, i masturbate but using big draw techniques, it keeps my body healthier rather than depleting......Its my experience.....before that i too was tried to control sex but i will control for 1 or 2 weeks... the worse thing is how much i repress sex it goes wild nature so i masturbate heavily before that....so dont waste time to control sex rather learn to transform its energy
Love is solution for all
Hope u may consider my experience.
Google toaist yoga, mantak chia books
may the chi with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a good achievement !  Tell me if that add more strength to your sexual relationship , and what about the other life activities ; how do you feel about them.
I am wondering  if this period is enough for you to get full recovery. For me it is two weeks of no porn ; but i still have trouble to enjoy my natural relationship, but I do believe that this method is the correct one. I am also wondering; why urologist does not concern porn addiction in treatment of ED... although it is a real problem
can someone tell the withdrawal symptom to abstain for PMO.
The withdrawal symptom are different in each person I'm sure.

I for a few weeks had mild headaches, unable to sleep through the night, loss of libido, slight mood swings.

The withdrawal symptoms were not horrible annoying if anything.  They lasted about 2-3 weeks
Day 1, starting up. Been able to abstain for large periods of time where it's gone back to normal, but have fallen off the wagon recently, and the symptoms are starting to come back.

Therefore, day 1 again.

Nice to see love_a_challenge and GhostDog still active on here. Whats up guys haha. Seems like you guys have been having success, congrats!
NPH
Things are starting to change. I was kept awake most of the night with surges of what I can only describe as an intense sex drive. My erections were coming and going, some really strong others weak. I have never felt this since I was in my teens.

I know this is the right track after 110 days. I will watch no porn for the rest of my life. Not worth it when it robs you of being a man and your girlfriend. I know I'm on the road to recovery.
That is great news!!!

It's good that you are able to see the changes taking place in yourself.  That alone helps to keep you motivated and on the right track.

And swearing off porn is an excellent commitment.

Porn = Poison of the soul.
NPH
Totally agree. I wish I knew this years ago.
I'm 41 and divorced and I too was addicted to porn, now I've been off porn for the last five years, but I still watch it maybe 2-3 times a month but I don't masturbate to it anymore, I keep my sexual energy for real women now, and my erections are harder and longer.

I'm enjoying the single life now to it's fullest, but I hope to find that special woman to spend my life with, and this time she will have my entire attention and all the sex she wants. lol

Hang in there guys there's hope, it's not going to be easy but is doable, I had to relearned how to be intimate with a woman, to let myself go, to want to give her pleasure instead of only focusing on my pleasure. When we're masturbating to porn the only thing we care about is our pleasure it's easy, we don't have the "pressure" of making the other person orgasm.

It cost me my marriage, for me to understand that women needs to feel desired, appreciated and that we understand them.

If I can do it, anyone can do it, it will take time and patience but the reward at the end is worth it.
Dear, my advice from my experience knowing well that i have 29 years old, u should stop all sexual activities for 3 months, and u should tell ur GF that we should stop and she well accept if she loves u, in this 3 months u should eat well (with diet program) but avoid gaining weight, sleep well, do any kind of exersice, and take CAVAGINE (natural medicine) with permenant effect for improving ur performance. i got the same problem and i already did this steps and everything became fine and well...lot of sex and masturbation ofcourse effect ur health. NOTE: if u smoke or drink alcohols, stop it completely, and u will see the difference:), best regards and good luck
after 72 days without PMO i feel more energy and confident. But i also feel restless. I have to do something no matter what but something that keeps me busy. My mind always seeking sex. its keep pushing me to do something to have sex.
but the thing is now i dont have any desire to watch porn or masturbation. i just want real sex.

But it doesn't mean that im changed totally in 72 days. i still have some issues .but im confident that i can overcome.
Yes i definitely feel better.
Porn ruins lives.  Countless experiences of how people have become like animals.  I am not ever going to be like that.
Good news is that the brain does rewire itself and we can all change.
Will power and discipline is vital!
Peter

I hope somebody has an experience and help about this issue , I had a troubles in my sexual relationship as I mentioned in my former post. and I suffered from ED which I think it is due to porn addiction "I am 28 with healthy body and without any disease related or not related to ED" . I took Sildinafil drugs in order to improve my condition and I really have a good erections. Moreover I stopped porn for more than three weeks but I am keeping my sexual relationship with my wife. Really I have some good erections in the morning without the aid of these drugs. but last two times after administration of these drugs they gave no actions at all. I feel a good erection then I feel no tendency to have sex at all then erections just disappear. I have no desire, but these drugs were keeping good erections for long time even if I had no desire. I don't know where is the problem , Is the repeated usage of drug was responsible?. or It is a Psychological problem or it may be the sexual relationship with my wife before the recovery. I am so happy to find this forum where each one share his own  experience and help others to find a solution for this issue
Giving this another shot. Back in the March/April timeframe I was able to go over a month with no PMO, but have since relapsed many times. It started with just allowing myself to M with no P once every week or two, then a couple times a week. Then eventually I figured that PMO was okay, as long as the P was of me and my gf because then it wasn't as fake/synthetic. The problem with that thinking, however, is that I can still treat it like a drug in that I'd fast-forward to my favorite parts, have a few clips open, etc.

So I'm back on the wagon, just over a week in, and really wanting to set myself straight this time. I imagine that the process won't be as involved as it once would be, given that despite returning to PMO, it isn't nearly at the extent that it once was; that is, whereas once I would PMO several times a day, since I was able to stop for over a month the most I've gone is two or three times in a week. That being said, I imagine that the neuronal pathways associated with the reward system have atrophied and are no longer as strong/engrained.
I use medicine myself. You are right, sometimes it helps and sometimes it don't. You have to remember that your mind is still healing from the recovery. You also have to remember that your mind is stronger than the medicine. The medicine only works properly if you are not worrying about the medicine working, not easily losing focus, not easily being distracted, not easily getting frustrated, etc. All I can say is stop watching porn and stop masturbating and within months you will see a change in your body. And yes it is okay to still have sex during the recovery. Sex is normal.

Ghost, if you are viewing this post, let him know how you feel now since you been no PM for over 200 days now.
Hello all.
Congrats on making it 3 weeks that's good progress.
Please try to understand that porn has thrown you mind off balance and it takes time to get things back in order.  If your brain isn't sending the correct messages downstairs there will be no action.  If you are not feeling the desire to have sex then don't your libido is in recovery.  Just make sure you take care of your woman.  Not having the desire is part of the rebooting process it will pass.  There is gold at the end of the rainbow.  

Recovery takes time and it is totally possible.  
I am 26. After failing a few times I was pretty hopeless. I woud not talk to girls thinking of my inability all the time. I came to read about such a thing PMO-ED only in last jan. From then I have tried many a times to abstain but I relapsed after a few days or a couple of weeks every time. This has really made my life miserable. I have other health issues also and am jobless with family problems. This looks total disastrous, but even if I can't break my porn addiction I don't hate my life. Despite all these problems I have hope I will recover from every misery of my life someday. I just need time and favour of luck.
I have a question about what defines "porn", besides the obvious. Should a person abstain from fantasies as well? Those can be just as intense and vivid as photos or videos. Often even more so because you're not limited to what someone else has created. What about strip clubs, which seem to be live porn. Should they be avoided as well?
In my opinion....

1) You should stay away from sexual fantasies. It travels the same brain pathway as masturbating to porn would do. If you get these sexual fantasies which normally brings a soft/hard erection and it makes you think about masturbating to it, definitely restrain yourself from sexual fantasies. I know it is hard to cut off all fantasies but as soon as you realize you are fantasizing try to think of something else.

2) Going to strip clubs is fine to me. At a strip club you are interracting with women and you are not pulling out your penis ready to masturbate. I call it the opportunity to practice your socialization skills. The challenge with going to strip clubs though is that you go back home horny and thinking about sex. It may draw you back to watching some porn before you go to bed. If you have good self-control, you can go to the strip club, come home and take a shower and go to bed WITHOUT porn/masturbation.
I would not do anything like fantasizing or going to strip clubs.
This will just encourage sexual problematic issues.  Porn, strip clubs, sex shows, all that stuff just makes it more difficult to have a normal relationship.
Read the excellent book "Out of the Shadows".  Its very very enlightening.
Peter
I think you must keep yourself away of visual sexual excitation which may lead to masturbation without a real sexual act. It may not be harmful like porn but I think It is about over-stimulation. To stop porn you have to stop anything which may lead to it. For me Self-control is not enough , you need to build a big barrier between you and porn, and this is very difficult with over-stimulation
One month...
I would like add that I have been dealing with this problem on and off since I was 30 , the 1st time it happen I was so shocked I was with the woman who would become my 2nd wife , for medical reasons she did not get wet down below so we used so old lube that I had from past , at the time I didnt know that it was the lube until years later that cause the problem, we substained from sex went to doctors and I recouped , years later I was divorced from the 2nd wife and had a new gf, she was a teacher  and sold sexual adds on the side .
She would try them out on me , one such product was a gag reflex lube for oral and soon as it touched my penis and she began to perform on me I lost my hard on , for 2 days it was like that , the same as when I was with my 2nd wife .
My point is it may not just be porn and masterbation, it could also be what you use to J.O. with , in my cause it was a comboof both I had stopped using certain lubes and lotions and began to use my on saliva to J.O. with the difference with porn and masterbation and lubes, are the lubes caused my penis to be inflammed , which looked as if it shrank .
Most recently I have had the same problems as most of the men here and I know its now PMO thing now , I use tohave sex with my now gf all the time but now its only on the weekend  since we live far away from each other now so I would find my J.O. to porn more until I would see here but the problem is that when I spend the weekend with her I can go for hrs with her but once I came the next day I would have a hard time getting it up .
I also noticed that when I would look at porn I would need more extreme images to stay hard.
My porn watching manly was large natural breast porn, seeing that it would remind me of my gf , but now to get of I look at things that would normally turn me off and once I come I have to turn the porn off because it made me sick to look .
So in closing to all watch what you use to J.O. with also , I have read in other forums where this has happen to other men besides myself and dont let porn over take your relationships.
I have not J.O. or looked at porn in 4wks now and I feel morning wood again and get 75% of my erections now
18 days in again! The trick for me is to keep busy and limit computer usage. It's the summer, which is great as I've been out more, made more plans, etc.
One day at a time tomorrow will be 19!!!

I find that finding ways to keep busy and not be idle help a lot.  

Keep it up  and stay on track
Getting easier now...
Once you get over that first hurdle its gets easier as you get more days under your belt.

Good work
I've just stumbled across this community having been searching for something to convince me to quit porn for good. I fully accept that porn can have disastrous effects on a man's confidence and performance. However, can someone explain to me the importance of completely abstaining from masturbation as well? Given the benefits masturbation can have (e.g. reduce stress, reduce chances of prostate cancer etc.) I am unconvinced that it is a good idea to stop completely, especially if you are single. Thanks in advance.
You should stop because:

1) masturbation will draw you back to porn
2) its altering your sex drive for real women
3) it causes your mind to get use to hands on stimulation rather than your using your mental to get fully hard with women
4) it reduces penis sensitivity