Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
I'm really glad I found this forum.  I decided to challenge myself just to see if I could exercise the discipline to stop P and M.  At first I was going to just refrain from one (no P) but then I decided that this was an exercise in self control so I definitely couldn't continue with M.  And P without M is pointless torture.  

I've gotten use to both, everyday and I'm afraid of what it's doing to my psyche.  I was already hesitant to step up to women due to low confidence but now I've totally become comfortable with not even trying and that is scary.  Also I can relate to a lot of the other side effects that ppl mentioned here like overlooking average girls and situations that could lead to getting some.

I'm on day 16 and was shooting for another 14.  At first I was seriously wondering if I should start low with like 5 or 7 days and go from there lol.  But now I will try for longer.  One of my theories and hopes for this experiment is that it will, out of pure sexual frustration and desperation force me to meet my needs with a real woman and not the fantasy world of P.  Good luck to everyone.  I will use this place as moral support.  lol
Well do what works for you.  If you are getting laid and taking care of business then this is not a problem for you.  I hope I can get a girl and enjoy watching with her in the future.  Honestly watching p alone while trying not to knock one off is just playing with fire man.  even if you refrain, it may have some other unintended consequences.  See right now you have one foot in reality (getting some on the regular), so it's probably not an issue for you.
LOL... you are right. I am blessed right now having the opportunity to have female company and getting some sex (which is allowing me to still ejaculate)

In your case, if you right now don't have any female in the picture, the urge to masturbate is calling your name everyday. You need to meet someone quick! I also agree you should stay away from p right now because you are bound to masturbate. And if you do, don't get mad at yourself because you did refrain for some time now.

With that being said, quitting masturbation and porn at the time when you have no potential sex lined up is torture. Purhaps this is bad timing!
Wow, I was begining to think I was the only one having this kind of problem until I found this post. I am 42 with a big addiction to M & P, almost daily and several times a day with no errection problems while watching porn but then a big let down with only weak or no errection when trying to make love to my very sexy, young wife who is 36 and increadable body. My Doctor tells me Testerione-levels and blood work is all in normal range, I also believe this to be true since I am able to achive errections with porn. This only leads to more fustration and no satisfaction for both of us, for the longest time I couldn't figure out why I could only get strong errections and finish to porn when ever I want but just weak, limp or no errections with my wife. Sometimes I could start only to loose my errection durning and leaving her to feel like she can't satisfy me even though I try to reasure her that it's my problem.  So after finding this post, This is day one! I'm trying the no M & P thing and see if anything improves between the sheets for us. I'm already feeling urges from not masterbating at least once a day but if my errections come back with my wife it's all worth it. My only question is should I avoid masterbation all together or is the occasional J*** ok? or should I ask her for the occasional J*** to get use to her touch again? whats the best way to handle this? is cold turkey the way?I guess I need advice because like most posts on here, I'm not sure what to do or not to do either.  Thanks to everyone who left posts. I will try to keep everyone updated to the progress made or if there are other findings after starting this.  
I'll be honest with you guys, I think for a lot of us (definitely me), it's a full blown addiction.  I've been in 12 step recovery for many addictions, and I admit, for this.  It falls under sex addict, so sex addicts anonymous is the place to go if you honestly have a full blown porn addiction that causes problems in your life.  Well, for me it did and still does, so time to get back to those S meetings!  

Anyway, obviously that isn't the case for everyone, but for me, yep, it is.
hi..guys i am a 18 yr guy... i have a problem  which i am not able to understand....   when ever i watch any extremely hot scenes  i release some kind of liquid without me getting a feeling of it.. is this normal.. i dont masturbate.. the liquid comes out on its own without me knowing about it.. what is this liquid.. is it pre-ejaculation? why is it happening? PLZZ HELP
I'm 19, and I think I somewhat starting to go through this situation of not being able to get on hard as easily like I use to in my younger years. I lost my virginity at the age of 13 and been a sex addict ever since, but I started masturbation my Jr year in high school. I always find that funny on how long it took me to start masturbation even though I was into sex. For a long time, I use to think that masturbation was pointless and I couldn.t satisfy me. But, I wish I still had that mind set.

Ever since my Jr year, I've been masturbating by having phone sex with females non stop and it became an addiction. I would do that with them because I knew I wouldn't be able to get sex from them at that exact moment. This ended up leading to masturbation by myself. For a long time, it didnt seem affected because I will still have sex with girls ALOT. But soon I started masturbating more than having sex. Keep in mind that there was still not really a sign of not being able to perform, but thats when I upgraded to the next horrible stage, which is PORN!!

When I became attatched to porn, which was around my senior year, that's when I believe I started killing myself because I would masturbate thee days a week with two to three times a day. Every now and then I would try to tell myself to set goals to reach that would keep myself from M for atleast three days in a row, but I would fail. I use get on hard extremely easy just having imaginations or could just be from laughing about something. I was known and proud for it.

I begain to get a little concerned with myself because through the middle of me and girlfriends long lasting intercourse, mr erections would soon fade away. We could be in the middle of the third round and sometimes my penis would fall asleep. That wasn't me back in the day. I talk with my dad about it sometimes he always stressed that " Porn and masturbation is definitely something I stay away from. When a man overdoses on that, he's killing his self by reducing his spem account, which can cause him to have a low testosterone level. If those two are both low, it decreases his chances of strong erections and will not be able to perform like he would want". My dad always stress that for a guy his age, he give's his self sex breaks for recovery that way when it's time for sex, he can perform, similar to sports.

When he told me that, that lead me to backing off of it. When I started the process, I last a lot longer with my girlfriend, and my erections are more stronger. For two weeks straight, I haven't thought about porn or masturbation. I'm still a little bit worried because I'm not able to get erected off the imagination of sex like I use to. Hopefully if I keep this process going, it'll come back and I will be able to get sensative erections very easy again. I will continue to come back and let you all know how things are progressing. Thank you for reading!
I'm 28. I've been looking at porn since I was 14. Everyday, 2-3 times a day at least. Sometimes I just masturbate without porn. I don't have any problem doing that. With or without porn. Erotic stories work too. Or just my imagination.

I lost my virginity at 23, didn't have sex again for 4 years. I dated a girl for 6 months and had ED problems. I have morning wood. I can get an erection while making out. But as soon as the underpants came off, I lost it. Every so often we had a good one. We broke up, which is fine. It was mainly a sex-only relationship. I thought maybe the ED problems were related to the fact that i didn't love her and it wasn't a serious thing.

But then about 6 months later started dating my current girlfriend. I love her very much. But I'm having the same problems. We've been together for 5 months. Sometimes sex works fine, but usually it's the same problem. Hard until the underpants come off, then no amount of coaxing with body, hands or mouth will bring it back. Though usually if I get on top I can manage to get hard enough to penetrate and finish, but changing position, slowing down, or any distraction almost always kills it. But still no problems while masturbating. Usually if I can't finish that way, I can almost always use my own hand and masturbate in her presence.

So I'm trying to stop looking at porn and I really hope it works. It's hard. I get bored when home alone and end up looking at porn, which leads to masturbating. My girlfriend says it's okay, that she isn't bothered by the inconsistent sex life, she understands, but I feel like even if she is telling the truth, that it will eventually become a problem if it doesn't get better.

I don't know if porn is my problem or something else.

I've gone 5 days now without looking at porn or masturbating without her near-by. I am hoping that by only ejaculating in her presence, it will rehabilitate my mind and my penis to respond to her.

Advice? Comments?
sent you private message
Hey man your story was uplifting for me, it gave me hope that there are women out there of such quality to be understanding about this sort of issue, and willing to work on it and be patient.  Dude hang on to her!  In my last relationship the girl I was with was somewhat understanding in the beginning, but she took my issue very personally and pretty much shut down sexually, so it was very hard working on progressing with her.  She also made it apparent to me that if we hadn't had actual sex within a certain time frame she would leave the relationship, so that put immense pressure on me and made the situation much worse (I was willing to please her in any other way, but could not maintain erection for sex).  I hope that this issue will be much improved by the time I get sexual with another woman, as I'm working very hard on avoiding porn and masturbation to rewire my brain again, to be aroused by a naked woman and by being touched by another person.  But, it's good to know that there are good and understanding women out there who are honestly willing to work with you on the issue.  

Regarding the problem in general, I would encourage you to be really honest with yourself about whether you may need outside help to get over it.  I have to have it, I've tried stopping this sort of thing by myself many times, always failing.  I know I can't do it alone.  12 step groups and counseling have both helped me immensely in the past, and continue to do so.  Ultimately we will never rewire our brains if we continue to look and masturbate to porn, so we have to stop that behavior.  So if you can't consistently stay away of your own accord, do what you have to do and get outside help.
Does anyone here have a definitive story of how they made a full recovery & the necessary steps?  Or at least know where one is found.  I am SO tired of this & I gave up porn nearly MONTHS ago! It would be very welcome!
What are you tired of? Masturbating? or Masturbating to porn??? or not maintaining an erection during sex???

What do you need help in? I can help you...

Please reply.
The loss of a erection to be specific.  I gave up porn & masturbation months ago (January to be exact). I wanted to know if anyone has made a full recovery and is experiencing erections as they were before.
Well I gave up masturbation on 9-17-10 and already seen better erections than before. I get more erections thru out the day. My penis is more responsive to women when they want to touch it. The sensitivity in my head has increased; I can feel sensation thru a latex condom now. I almost ejaculated from a han job a couple weeks ago (the old me wouldn't got that far).... So I do see and feel a difference.

However, I still experience performance anxiety. I can't forget about my past bad sexual experiences. I always think something is going to go wrong. I know I can get a good erection but so many past bad experiences be stopping me from achieving a full erection sometimes.

Maybe this what you are experiencing now... the performance anxiety
The morning erection is still absent in my case. Is there anything that you did in addition to stopping the p & mast. that may help the process?
I shoot you a private message.
i completed two whole months with no porn or masturbation -  a feat unaccomplished by me in the last several years. the initial couple of weeks were hell and i couldn't concentrate properly at work. but the thoughts gradually went away and by the end of 6th week i was getting regular morning erections -  again an unfamiliar territory for me.

After 2 months, I hardly think about porn now and feel no urge to watch it. I never thought I could accomplish this but it is possible. A little bit of will power and self-discipline did the trick.

All the best to you guys. Fight through the first couple of weeks. Once you are through that you will be on your way to liberation.
good news! how is the sex life with the women or a woman? great erections? reaching orgasms?
Update. So I was good for a while. It wasn't too hard when my girlfriend was helping out. Friday we had great sex. Saturday I had the same problems as usual (erection going away right as clothes come off).  Haven't had a chance to see her since then and today I gave in. I told her about it, not trying to hide anything.

But back to day 1 of no porn.
I should add, I don't seem to be as bad as a lot of you. I have erections in the morning all the time. I get an erection during making out/foreplay. It just goes away right as the good stuff starts. I can usually get it back enough to get on top and finish, but trying anything else makes it go away. Still, not masturbating between sex helps a lot as long as I didn't have sex the day before.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.