Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
I came across this forum because I was wondering about this guy I used to date and was thinking about getting back together with.  I wanted to see if maybe his problems were similar to other guys.  The two of us started out as friends, I think NOW that it was easier to be friends with girls and not have sex with them.  After I got together with him, I noticed that he would be hard before we had sex, then after we started he would lose the erection.  He never had trouble having an orgasm except for a few times.  It was just the erection.  He was on anti-depressants, so I thought maybe that was causing the problem.  BUT...He is definitely addicted to porn.  So much so that he has always been open with me about it.  Remember we started as friends and he knew I didn't care so when we were going out so I knew he was watching it constantly.  He even told me and some friends that he took down the network at his house because he was downloading so much at one time.  At the time I really didn't care.  But now that I realize that it was probably years of porn and masturbation that has ruined his sex life.  Don't get me wrong, somehow the sex was still great.  But, knowing that he wasn't fully erect did bother me.  Then, I thought it was medication.  Now I feel after reading this forum that it was his porn addiction.  Thank you everyone for telling me about this. I think however that since I was thinking about hooking up with him again, that I will not.  Because this man is so addicted I know he will never give it up.  For those of you with the ability to give it up, please do so.  Consider the fact that you will never know these porn actresses, you will never have a relationship with them.  And also consider the fact that what you are really having sex with is your hand and your own imaginations, not these women.  I don't know.  It just seems unimaginable to me as a woman why any man would rather have a fantasy with an image than have sex with a woman.  Because I do not enjoy masturbation myself as much as sex with a man I really don't understand it.  I love men.  Seems to me a man would want a woman, a real one.  I can see how the internet is a lot to blame for this mess.  But also, besides the porn and the perfect women on them, maybe the guy who mentioned masturbating with less pressure has something there.  But, I think looking at less porn is still necessary because there is obviously a mental addiction there too.  Anyway, seems to me that unless men try to control this there is going to be a lot of lonely men out there.  It was not all that nice being with someone so addicted to porn.
Wow I wish i stumbled across this forum years ago! I hope sharing my experience will help.I am a recovering porn addict!! I have been slapping the salami almost everyday since age 14 and every single time I used porn to do it. First it was Playboy mags, then Hustler mags, then movies, then websites. With the internet I was always able to find new material as my tastes grew raunchier and raunchier. I think my addiction was the reason I did not lose my virginity until I was 27. The Girls of Porn were easy and took away any motivation to seek out a real relationship. Another reason is when I compare my average size rod to those monsters in porn it made feel inadequate and took away any confidence I would of had with real girls in the first place. When I was 27 I met a totally amazing women and when the time came for you know....I failed miserably. I could not stay hard enough for long enough to penetrate her. Luckily for me she took it real well (she thought it was the condoms at first) and I was able to do other things to please her (if you don't have in the hips you better have it in the lips). Despite my failures in the sack and even though I could still always get off with porn and only alone, we became real close. I was honest about my habits and we worked at it and overtime I gained confidence and learned how to be with her completely. If it were not for her love and understanding this would of been my first and only attempt at a relationship with a real women. It took about a year of trial and error. This is how we did it.
The first thing I tried was not watching porn and not masturbating. This helped and I was able to have intercourse with her even though I could not finish.This is when I noticed that a vagina is very different from my dry calloused hand. I never used to lube up I was always Mr. Dry Rub and The Angry Inch!! I still would fall off the wagon from time to time but one day when I did, I practiced with a condom with lube and I kept practicing. My solo sessions now became practice sessions. We started to watch a little porn together (it was nothing to gross though) and we would masturbate together soon I became comfortable enough to finish myself off in her presence. This is when she told me I squeezed my penis to hard and no vagina in the world could recreate that feeling. She suggested I practice with a lighter grip, with the condoms and always with lube. It took time but did manage to change my grip I went from squeezing my whole penis with my whole hand really hard to gently stroking the shaft with a three finger grip (not using my thumb and index finger). During my practice sessions I kept watching porn then one day I stumbled upon some cream pie porn!! You see up until then in all the porn I watched the male would always ejaculate in the females mouth, or on her face, or her breasts or her butt. Now my girlfriend was okay with most of those places when I would finish myself off but I began to watch only cream pie porn after all this was the end result I was striving for!! Obviously we were still using condoms for birth control just in case I happened to finish but you get the idea. Another thing I started doing was if I wanted to watch porn I would not allow myself to masturbate! I could masturbate anytime I wanted as long as I did  not watch porn! This was retraining my brain to use my own imagination. Soon after this I was able to finish inside her and man oh man!!! it was awesome!! she cried I cried WOW!! She eventually went on birth control and we were making actual cream pies every day!!!

Guys- nothing beats the real thing get out there find a partner, work on your techniques don't give up there are plenty of fish in the sea!!! Remember porn is just like any drug out there good or bad it can be abused!
My problem for years...I wasn't the most attractive kid, and the pain involved in being rejected turned me on to porn.  It was easy, fast, the girls did ANYTHING, you can find any girl you want online, etc.  I also never used lube.  I am 26 now, have attempted sex twice in my life, once failed, second time took 4ever to get semihard, penetrated, and came in like 2 minutes.  The pain and anguish involved in these 2 experiences seem to idle in the back of my head everytime I meet a woman I may be interested in, and chances are, since I'm still jerking to real explicit stuff I'd probably fail anyway.  Its a miserable cycle and has f***** my life up miserably.  I feel like the one or two ppl I have confided this to don't understand and think its some type of excuse and I'm really gay.  I was working extra hours and tried to stop- I did for about a week but it didn't seem to do anything but make my limpness worse.  Then I got home and my mind was fiending for some porn even though my body wasn't.  I don't have internet, and am about to put my dvd players on the street!! If there's a God please show me the way!!!
It has been 2 weeks now of no porn/ no spanky.  For the past several mornings I have awaken with morning wood.  After the first couple of days I would dream about jerking off to porn, but I'm pretty sure last night I dreamt of actual sex with a woman.

Last weekend I hooked up with a girl and she gave me a handjob, I'm pretty certain I got hard enough to have sex with her, but alcohol was involved and I didn't have a condom, so let's just call that a push.

I'll update again in a week or so...
Absolutely eye-opener...many other web-sites & sex advicers say that its quite normal to mastrubate watching porn...let it continue dont worry... all Bull-Sh** !!!! i guess such situations definitely warrant a self-help and also such kind of sharing of experinces...
I am a bi-sexual man, happily married with a child and a freak for porn (both gay as well as straight). Emotionally happily married with my wife...but wen it comes to performances...there were only few good...many were dis-heartening for both of us...ejaculating while watching porn almost every-day (sometimes even twice in half an hr)...
Reading this thread has enlightened me...and I swear by myself to definitely boycott porn for a month at least...(i think its goin to be difficult) and then boycott both porn & maturbation...for ever...God give me the strength....
I am a frankly lovely, slender 25 year old woman who has spent 3 years begging for sex from a 35 year old man who views porn on his computer and smartphone constantly. I offered to watch it with him during sex but he refuses to do even that any more. I just realized by reading this forum what he actually does when he takes long spells in the bathroom from "indigestion" before bed, and am so numb all over. I can't believe I wasted   my precious youth feeling rejected, ugly and inadequate. Thank goodness there are men on here who are realizing how ridiculous it is to desensitize themselves to real, loving humans ready to try and do anything for their pleasure. Wish me luck with dumping him.
im very scared. ive been watchin porn since i was like 12/13, and loving it. my 1st sexual partner at 1 i couldnt get it up, i was tehrefore scraed of actual sex, so resorted to porn, got seriously addicted to it, all partners after i could never get it up.  im 24 now, and have only just managed to *** inside my partner, and it still doesnt feel like im completely solid. i blame sex ed in school for tellin every1 its ok, masturbation is good in moderation but in excess it is bad, its effected me on so many levels, im tryin to give up masturbating and to only be turned on by my girlfriend, but even when i see her naked in the most desirable positions i canno get turned on, because its real. im awaiting spyschosexual therapy but im scared i cannot un-do this. :(
What works for me, with any kind of over-indulgance is to actually NOT stop cold turkey. If you are watching porn everyday, start by cutting back to 5 days for a couple of weeks, then 4,3,2,1 each for 2 weeks. It is a gentle way to ween away. I did this with coffee, sugar/carbs, wine, pot (all at various times in my life) when I do this the desire begins to naturally diminish. I find that If I quit cold turkey my mind/body become too affected by the sudden change, and can negatively affect me. This may not work for everyone, it requires steadfastness.
For those who state that porn/masturbation  has somehow 'permanantly' affected thier abilities...I doubt it. There has to be some other underlying cause. I would seek professional help.
Sad to hear the stories going on around here, however I started watching pron around few months ago (without telling anyone in the family), I'm glad I found this site but I still have a problem to get girl, whatever I do no matter what I feel shy and back off. At the moment I'm doing what everyone is doing but I will stop since it just started with me, also once I masturbated (which takes 2min after watching a porn video) and tried to keep going but I just find myself loosing interest for hours and can't do it anymore and I tell myself ok thats enough let me stop. I'm a college student and going university soon so I really hope I can get what I'm looking for, I also have another problem which I found unusual with myself and thats been "hairy" makes me think there is no cure and I should give up trying to find a girlfriend. (At the end, I'm 22 years old and sadly never had a girl to spend my time with and the reason I mentioned before, is due to shyness and the thinking of getting rejected by a female infront of others or maybe even friends). I would like to have some answers, I was lucky enough to find this topic and hopefuly we all learn something from experince people around.
so what your saying is that if i stop masterbating and looking at porn i will get an erection longer. My problem is staying hard for at least an hour. I feel that i get so used to the feeling and try to last so long that my junk just gives up. I used to never have this problem.
Best way to combat lowered-erections are:  Exercise daily, or multiple times in one day(exhaustion).

It is proven that it increases hormone levels -- albeit orgasms.  

You'll have sex a lot better, feel better, and be more agile obviously.  So you will feel more aggressive in sex.  

Porn has nothing much to do with this; unless -- you DO still watch porn, exercise A LOT to combat ED, and you will still have better sex regardless of the porn! lol!
26th Mar to 15th Apr, it has been 20 days...i watched porn and ejaculated only 3 times during these 20 days. they were times when i just could not resists and also there was one more thing common in all these three cases. I was all alone browsing the internet for sometime. So now i shall try and not be alone connected to the net. My advise to the readers is also that try and dont be left alone with internet connection etc.

I guess I am improving...if at all there is someone in this thread who shares my behavioural pattern (refer my 26th Mar comment)...pls communicate with me...
I'm 29 year old who watched alot of porn/jerkin off and suffered from ED. I stoped watch porn and jerking off for over 4 weeks now. After 2 weeks i was able to stay hard during sex but now I seem to be back tracking. It take a while for me to get hard again and when I do i cant change position or I'll get soft again. My question is do I need to stop havin sex too?
yea, well i tried no porn to increase my libido with my girl, it sorta helped, and instead of thinking about how i should be acting as if i was in some kind of porn scenario i just tried to really enjoy bein naked with my lass and it love her, which helps but it still feels like im missing something, i was maintainin an erection for longer but couldnt come, i went about 2 weeks without ejaculating, but then i had a few beers on my own a few week later and watched some porn, and i had the strongest erection ever, it was that hard it felt like it was burning and i got my fix, thats what it was like, a junky off the smack returnin for one final selfish hit, i hate myself so much for it. its pathetic
So I lasted about 2.5 weeks no porn/ no masturbation and then fell off the wagon so to speak.  My desire for porn subsided for the 2 weeks, but then came back stronger when I "cracked the seal". I just met a great woman and we have been taking it slow, I do have some anxiety about our first time together, so I got some Viagra to help initially. I am hoping that once we start having sex I will not feel the desire to jerk off, or at the very least I will not want to mess things up with her and will abstain. Wish me luck, this is a very difficult addiction to kick!
Hi Friends,I am 20Yrs old guy,I am from Ghana and I am having the same problem.I have been masturbating and watching porn about 8 to 9 years now,I can Jerk anytime i stroke my self or watch,But i can never erections when im with a woman,One of my girl with came to me one day i was laying on the bed she came straight beside me trying to to turn me so that we can play the game but never happen in my pant.You no want i mean,So do girl was mad and went away,I no she will be thinking my manhood is dead,She never come close to me since the thing happened,So i think porn and masturbating can spoil we the younger ones,SO PLEASE SAY NO TO PORN AND MASTURBATING
I will like to stay away from porn and masturbating any help you guys PLEASE?
Really glad i've came across this thread. All the stories have really made me consider that porn shud not be overused
I had EXACTLY the same problem myself and what most the other guys are saying is spot on BELIEVE ME !! I gave up any sort of porn viewing or masturbation for approx 4 weeks (i had regular sex in the meantime) and it resloved all my problems. I had tried EVERYTHING beforehand and really got me down - I thought there was no hope (never suspecting the excessive porn and masturbation as a problem). It's really really difficult at first guys i'll admit because it's sort of an addiction - i likened it to when I quit smoking because it really does get a lot easier in time. Now i only view porn with my partner and never hardly masturbate and it doesn't even bother me and the sex is GREAT and I haven't had one problem since (fingers crossed). Hope this helps guys but quit with the porn and self love and you'll be fine - just give it a shot for a few weeks - whats the harm even if it doesn't work (but it will).
I knew my bf watched porn when we got together. No big deal, it was in the open, I didn't have a problem with it...until I found out how excessive it was and how it interferred with our sex life. He would wait until I went to bed, and fell asleep with porn instead of me.He would go into the bathroom and jerk off to porn instead of sexual activity with me. He would lie and say he was working...working on jerking off to porn. I would walk in 5min early from work, to find him...you get the picture. I guess he couldn't wait for me. Once I was very sick,instead of comforting me he said he was going to go into the living room and watch porn and not to disturb him.After I had enough I said I couldn't take it anymore. He told me I am jealous,stupid,acting crazy and all guys do this, there is something wrong with me.He said he did it because I didn't have enough sex with him, or I was tired, I was not doing enough for him, if I did, he'd stop. We ****** like rabbits, guess what, it didn't stop. I am a very hot girl, and was shocked that I couldn't make this guy come, without great effort. This was a first for me. He had me believing I was the one with the problem, he told me that he was just honest and everyguy would do this and just lie to me. If it wasn't porn they'd be ******* real women-affairs.He told me I could never be enough to satisfy a man. I believed him. I know now its not true. Unfortunately we had an unplanned pregnancy and his habits continued. Now two children later he just lies and tries to hide his addiction. He is in denial and projects his issues upon me...thats the real kicker! He accuses me of being a ***** and **** and ******* everyone.Wow, that porn has warped his mind. No, I'm not like the girls you jerk off to I tell him. Our relationship is ruined. I refuse to raise my son to disrespect women and use them as objects and ***dumpsters, and refuse to let my daughter know that this is what her dad likes...maybe she will want to be like the girls dad likes. Its sad.very sad.
Filipmorris191 commented on Male Breast Cancer
Ford60 your status can't be blank ... Comment
Nov 18
Ford60 commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Nov 16