Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
Yes when looking around the internet i have found many people whom have recovered from this. However every person is different. Everyone will go through their ups and downs. I got this advice from another thread on here from a year or two ago, a couple guys did what i said in previous threads. No porn forever, no mb for at least 2-3 weeks and it helped them.

A couple months back i tried this, after like 15 days everything was turning me on. To give you an example, i was never a big fan of going down on women, it just wasn't for me. But after those two weeks all of a sudden i had this huge uncontrollable urge to do so. I was so enamoured with it. I was amazed, because after years of not being interested, all of a sudden i was. I think what happened was i was finally getting back my normal sex drive, but since i had been looking at porn for so many years i never quite knew what my normal sex drive really was. I thought it was normal to look at porn 15 times a week.

However i thought i was "cured" and fell back into porn. So then started over. Alot of its been trial and error. Best advice i can give, quit the porn, quit the MB for at least a couple of weeks, and when you do go back to MB try to keep it minimal times a week with your imagination.

However here is the thing. You can't just quit MB and P and continue to look at women and fantasize about them all day, fantasize about them doing things you saw in porn scenes. From my experience it will set you back. Think of it this way, you love a certain food, you eat it everyday for three weeks straight, you become sick of it. So you stay away for a while, what happens? Eventually you start to crave it again and its all good. Well same thing applies here.....

Why don't regular women turn you on? because your so used to seeing them in porn scenes. So take a couple weeks, don't look at women and think of anything sexual. Try and shut ur mind and body down for a little bit. It will be tough, but the purpose is to starve your body of anything sexual, this way you can allow it to be exciting yet again.

I think thats what alot of ppl don't get. Just because you quit looking at porn, just because you quit mb, if you continue to fantasize sexually about every women you see your doing yourself harm.

Just try it for a couple weeks, when you see a women, don't think of anything sexual, if you start to, think of something else quick. It might be tough at first, but eventually youll get used to it, and then you'll start to see things change in a positive manner.

Good stuff everyone. I quit watching porn about 1-2 months ago and havent really kept track. I have always had a high sex drive and porn/mb is what i did for years.

My ed got better. I got very horny recently and did not want to MB and found me a mass parlor and got laid (TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET OFF AND SHE WAS SUPER FINE). turned into another urge to go back. Fortunately I have not gone back and I truly do not think I will every go back.

I bought a damn fleslight instead. Horrible decision, its going in the trash tonight.

Ive been jerking it once or twice per day and sometimes I will wait a day or two. But I feel as though i need to take multiple months off since ive been doing this for years. I truly think my body will naturally recover at my age. I do not want to be 35 and not able to have children and a wonderful sex life with a future wife.

I work out every day and very hard. When i am done, its just so damn hard not too jerk off. For one, you have hot *** woman all over the gym. Lastly, the blood is pumping and you feel soo good..............

I will do exactly as I did with Alcohol on this. I am going to find a Group where they practice the twelve steps on SEX Addiction and find me a sponsor tomorrow. I will also not MB for quite a while, possible 30 days ++++.

If the 12 steps kept this alcoholic/drug addict sober for 5+ years, (serious alcoholic). Then the 12 steps can work on this addiction also.

Porn is the devil, its not real. Imagine, the majority of the positions you see in porn. Then imagine when you are actually having sex with a woman. You dont see it from the camera mans point of view. We are only hurting our selves.

Sorry for the random thoughts above. My mind is all over the place tonight, I will stay on top of this board and let you all know how the 12 steps work on this for me.
I was getting a limp penis untill I luckly found this out. Try taking a No2 supplement. No2 is what makes the penis erect. I
found this out while taking the supplement for workout purposes. If you take it before sex or before working out earlier in the day you will have the best sex you have ever had!!! I find It makes you rock hard and longer. It also seems to increase my testosterone levels making me more powerful when I am pounding my woman! She loves it now and she is always in the mood, accept when she is sore. This will get your sex drive back and give you confidence that it will get up. Then when things are going well.. ease off the supplement.

Good luck with the penis problems because it can cause a lot of stress and make your life much less enjoyable. Now get off the internet and go get some!!!
Another thing, if you feel you need to spank the monkey for some reason, it is not bad to watch porn, just limit yourself to it. Limit it to whatever you think is necessary.

And to ease your self off porn and finding that significant other, only jerk off the amount of times you have sex. Put jerking off on the pedestal instead of the woman, because that is what you are doing sub-consciously anyway. This will get your hormones raging like a horse and when you finally have sex treat yourself with with a jerk off session.

To solve yalls problem naturally do this!!!!!!  
In order for you to gain a rock hard everlasting erection you need to increase the sensitivity of our pride and joyed member. To increase sensitivity in your penis (actually penis head) don't arouse the head while wacking it This will make your penis head so sensitive to the Vagina your right leg will shake like a loose exhaust pipe. This technique i discovered makes me rock hard and make the penis extra sensitive and Thicker.

I dont like talking about this so i will make it quick..  wrap your hand gently around erect penis as farr down as possible. stroke it without sliding your fingers on the skin, just rubbing the muscle. concentrate on the porno and TAKE DEEP SLOW BREATHS. (concentrate on your breathing the whole time)  stroke it making it where only the skin is moving up and down. your pinky and ring finger should be wrapped around some your scrotum skin. during this session you will find your penis head it getting full and your penis is getting rock hard with bulging veins. dont arouse the head and dont strain yourself.

Another way to help your problem is to help someone else with the same problem, like i am doing. get on this site and blog what you would tell someone else to do to solve their problem, because humans dont like to diagnose their selves with problems. we solve our own problems better when we find someone with the same problem and tell them what you would do in that situation. Or use yourself in 3rd person acting like one part of you is a doctor and the other is the patient. because your brain will trick you into thinking you are fine no matter what!
First off I want to commend all of you men and women who have confessed about this problem with porn to so many strangers.  Finding out that I am not alone in this situation is very hopeful for me.  I do believe I can offer some good insights to this problem.  In addition I have some confessions of my own.  For starters, I think this problem is not from porn alone, it is from something deeper inside.  For you guys who are having this same problem of getting turned on by your girlfriend's due to porn and over masturbation:  ask yourselves, what feelings, as in emotions can you describe you are experiencing when yanking off to porn?  

I'll describe what I feel, and the provide some evidence to support my ideas here.  Usually the feelings are made up of freedom, independence, insatiable desire, release, then finally relief, as though a storm inside of me has calmed down.  

I believe it is these feelings which we guys are pursuing, and we have found most of them by watching porn.  The trouble is, and I am very very very ashamed to mentioned this part, but even though I have been in a relationship for couple of years now, I just don't get turned on by my spouse anymore.  And here comes the shameful end, while I was at my college, I met a girl, who showed obvious interest in me, and in about 2 hours we had snuck into a closed class room and she made it clear she was ready to go all the way.  After going hot and heavy for like 30 min, I finally backed out, we were extremely close, and I was have no trouble at all with ED.  Like I mentioned before, I am very ashamed that event happened, I guess the heat of the moment just intoxicated me beyond what I could handle, and I lost control.  I never plan on letting such an event happen again, but I needed to place this story in the thread.  

I do not think that just stopping porn for a while or permanently is going to solve the issues of so many of your guys out there.  Maybe it will, and I'm going to try it myself.  But I think there is more to it.   THanks again all!  
Dear Hotblondie,  I was sorry to hear you had such a **** BF.  But ask yourself, why did you want this guy?  I hate the idea of how I have made my GF feel, but there is no way of undoing that feeling until my problem goes away.  Its more difficult when the guy isn't in the mood, because basically the picnic is over if big Clifford does'nt come out to play.  But I just wanted to say there are better guys out there who can do a much better job at being a good man and lover.  So I wish you the best of luck.  
Update:
I have severely cut down on Porn/ MB, but as stated previously I have had a few lapses. I am currently dating a beautiful woman and we are having sex. The first couple of times I took Viagra just in case and that obviously works. The past few times it has been at least several days and I have been able to get hard and stay hard (without V) and satisfy her as well as myself. However, the next morning it is difficult for me to get hard again like I used to be able to and she has been very understanding so far. I told her that I may need some time to transition back to the feel of a woman as I have been "servicing myself" for the past year and am desensitized (did not mention porn though). It appears as though gradually the ability to get an erection does come back, and I am hopeful that I can continue on the path to recovery.
I have laid off the porn and the MB for almost three weeks now and I am starting to see some positive results.  Nothing like before yet, but getting erections seems to be getting easier and although I am yet to try out with a woman, the last two times I have MB, erections have been fuller.  Thanks to all for your advice.  I am still on  a long road to recovery but I am encouraged by the initial results.
I think the most important thing is just to stay consistent. things will solve themselves if you stay patient. However from what i have read it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2-3 months to normalize one's sex drive again. Remember you spent a while looking at the P and MB with it, the things isn't going to fix itself overnight. I think a common problem for people is they get frustrated after not seeing improvement even after a week or two. Just stick with it for an extended period of time, if you go 2 weeks, make it 4. If you go 4, then go to 8. And so on.

Again, eventually you can MB again eventually, but not using the porn. However i would say limit it to only 1-2 times a week. You might even find you don't have the desire to MB as much anymore.

Its all about fixing your brain and giving it time away from the porn.
gotta say i am glad i came across this forum, watching porn for me is on and off, now im gonna stay off of it for the summer at least and see how it goes, if theres a positive outcome i will continue it. i have self control so im gonna make sure to stay away from porn, thanks to every who commented to help me realize how bad it is
hey all,
i don't think this is a problem, however, i did google it so i must be a bit concerned. i'm in my 30s, gay, and ran away from an extremely passionate yet abusive relationship. it has been 3 1/2 years and i dare not go near another potential relationship, also, i will not have sex with anyone unless i believe there is a potential for a great relationship, so, masturbation has become my lover, safe, no headaches, no black eyes and no psycho to deal with. i am very used to it by now, not having had sex with anyone during this whole time, and don't feel there is anything wrong with it as i am satisfied sexually, whenever and where ever i want and yet i am free.
sometimes i use the porn tube sites to arouse my imagination and other times i just use my own imagination and fantasy, it works great both ways.
so, does anyone have any input on this? as far as i can tell, the only thing negative about it is that i don't feel as though i need to find a man and i don't look for one and i don't interact with guys as thought i would care one way or another, i do not ever feel lonely as i always remember what it feels like to have a boyfriend that abuses me, and this is so much better for me emotionally and physically.
Like almost all of you have said.. I'm glad I came across this thread. I just became sexually active with my new girlfriend. The first time we had sex, or attempted to have sex, I couldn't get hard enough. I then was able to blame it on the alcohol. But then i realized I couldn't even get hard when I was watching porn. I have been masturbating now on average once a day for like 4 years. And reading all these similar problems really helped me. I like some of you guys, am swearing off of porn. If you could have seen my gf's face when that incident happened. I'm sure every once in awhile a good masturbate is perfectly healthy, but I wanna be able to have sex. So i'm done with the jacking off. ED is scary, and i don't want this to be permanent!!
Porn addiction is more and more of a problem. Just google the stats. on it. In fact half of divorces stated that porn was an issue in marriages.
Pretty sad that there is such a disconnect from reality. So hey, all you drug addicts, world or warcraft addicts, porn addicts, and so on......try living in the real world vs. your fantasy one you are running to......and figure out why you can't deal with real women, real interactions, real life.... Get it together! Its a sad situation. I know it's very hard to resist....all of these things readily available. Any bad habit is hard to break...but it can be done, if you recognize it and put in the work. Are they really worth it? Do you want to wait for filet mignon or have a nasty mc donalds cheeseburger NOW! And RUIN your appetite?
It destroys marriages, relationships, and families. It's just not worth it.
I am trying to figure out why I would stay in a relationship with a person like that myself? All I can say is this: my childhood was filled with the same types of things....so I guess it was "normal" to me in a way.....until I had children of my own and decided this is not good, it needs to stop, and the cycle breaks here. Good luck to all of you who have admitted to yourself and others that this is a problem! That is great, and is a really big deal! Alot of denial is involved with this issue, so everyone here is already off to a good start. I am happy to hear that many of the men recognize this as a problem early on....before they marry and have children, and hurt others because of their own selfish desires for instant gratification.
I have gone through at least 1 month without mb.  I also have not looked at porn for a month with no improvement.  I have also increased my activity level working out at least 3 times a week.  Is there anything else that I should be doing?
it actually was always in the back of my head that spanking mess with your sex life but i contiune to do so it just feels so good and i never had proof i looked this question up one time before this and it was a bunch of jerks saying its ok keep spanking but thanks to u ppl u saved me... it really open my eyes when i was dating this girl shes a little old then me shes 25 and the first time and im not at the point were i cant get it up but i could not *** to save my life and i feel so bad for blaming her... before i came to this site i just spank off for the last time im just so happy i found out before it was to late THANK U EVERYONE FOR
YOUR INFO  AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PERSON WITH ENOUGH GUTS TO ASK THE QUESTION
I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now, and he is addicted to porn. There are days that we could have had sex, but he doesn't want to, so instead, he'll watch porn once I leave to go home. I don't know how any of your girlfriends have felt, by I know that I don't feel like I'm good enough because he does resort to porn so much. He's even gone as far as to say that he only did it so he could go to sleep, which I find is a cop out. I've tried telling him that it hurts my feelings knowing that he feels he needs to watch porn, but he still hasn't tried to stop. I've even tried asking him to put himself in my shoes, but that didn't seem to work either. I think I'm going to show him this thread and see what he has to say about it.
I am so glad that I came across this post because, to a certain extent, this is precisely what I have been going through. My girlfriend and I were together for 2.5 years before we broke up and one of the reasons was our "sexual incompatibility", which manifested itself by the fact that I could not keep it hard long enough. Only now, I came to the realization that this sexual incompatibility was in fact caused by my porn/masturbation addiction.

Someone above mentioned it brilliantly that real-life women should not be expected to do the things that one sees in porn movies. No doubt, the fact that I did not realize this earlier led to many arguments that I had with my girlfriend about oral sex and other sexual adventures.

I am convinced of the fact that my addiction with porn led to my ED and hereby, I make the pledge that I will stop watching porn. (I am 23 years old now and have been watching it once a day for about half an hour). More so, I would like to refrain from masturbating as well.

Thank you to all of you for enlighting me and giving me courage to pursue with my plan. It's encouraging to know that I am not the only person going through such an addition and the fight to end it.
I have found something that has been helping. I was reading up on the internet and saw this suggested about a week or so ago. As many have described on this thread, when you over masturbate you can mess with the neurochemistry of your brain. Couple this with the fact that alot of americans probably don't get the nutritional value they need on a daily basis and your putting your messing with your body.

Overmasturbation messes with neurotransmitters in your brain, everytime we ejaculate we also release a chemical called prolactin from the body. This chemical is responsible for that tired feeling we get after ejaculation. Its the reason there is no interest in sex right after, you go through that refractory period. Now after a single ejaculation it can change prolactin levels for days, even weeks.

So i looked up neurotransmitters and prolactin and their relationship to vitamins and such. Turns out vitamins are very important for neurotransmitter health, vitamins and proteins help make them and keep them balanced. So i started taking a regular multivitan, a B complex vitamin (high levels of b vitamins) and ginseng.

Regular multivitamin is important for overall health. B complex vitamins are important for energy and neurotransmitter health, vitamin b6 and ginseng are said to possibly lower prolactin levels in people. So what were my results?

I hadn't MB for over two weeks, then i started taking them in conjunction with not MB and my libido absolutely shot through the roof. I noticed increase energy, libido, and also just feeling better as a whole (b vitamins are great for stress, cause when were stressed our neurotransmitters get depleted as well).

I look at it this way, just because you stop MB doesn't mean your libido will automatically come back. Its not just about that, its def part of it, but lifestyle (exercise, sleep habits) and nutrition, or lack there of also play a roll in this. I had mentioned earlier in this thread that i had my greatest success when i took two week breaks from P and MB, and its true, but what i didn't remember is during that time period last year i was taking vitamins to help out my body.Years of overmasturbating, and maybe not being as healthy as we should be, and it has caused depletion in levels of the body.  In my view these things help replenish the body and keep it in balance, and thats what i think alot of us are missing.

I will note i am not a dr, i'm not suggesting you take any of the above, most of those vitamins are generally safe, but i don't know how each individual will react to them. I only posted that to update people on something that has had a positive benefit for me.
I am so glad I came across this thread!

I think the comments in this thread shed lots of light on an all-too-real but undiagnosed medical issue affecting tons of men everywhere.

We all need to stop watching so much porn! And don't you find yourself coming back to the same fantasies, over and over? Life is way too short to waste on pornography.

Doctors and the medical, scientific, and "knowledgeable" community at large need to stop spreading lies about the harmlessness of masturbation in our society!
I have been watchin porn like every 2 days , the feeling of it is not like it used to be ... am losing interest but at the same time I cant get away from it anyone got any advice me ? it sad that the porn industry keep on doing this things but like they always say ...they are not responsible for any action that is taken we are on our own ! I read some of the comment about getting away from 2 weeks to 6 month , I want to stop watching porn and leave in the real world ... as a men its kind hard but I hope that I can do it am 27 and feel like it has to come to an end, I believe that everythin that has a beginning as an end . Thanks for ya comment , hopefully this will help me and change my life after reading your advices.
Ford60 commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Nov 16
slaytheday commented on photo
Nov 16
Jerry_NJ commented on JanisM13's status
Nov 12