Men's Health Community
Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 1401-1600 comments:
Hi everybody, as many others in this forum I've the same problem: ED most likely caused by addiction to PMO. What made me research the topic is the fact that lately I've had the opportunity to have sex with a beautiful 30 years old girl (I'm 52) and useless to say it didn't get up. I've been PMO since I was 11 / 12 like many others at the beginning with magazine then videos and the Internet, as many others always looking for more different kind of P to get excited to a point that I'm sure that some stuff can't be normal. I'm married and I've not have had sex with my wife in years, part because she's gotten so big and also others things that I do not have any attraction for her, that made me more into PMO. Of course now after reading many posts for few days I've realized that good chunk of the problem is the addiction to P, otherwise how could it be explained the ED (more than once) with a beautiful 30 years old?  So I started the rewiring process but the first attempt fell after 4 days so now I'm back to day 1. I've deleted now all the P stash and canceled the Usenet account where I was getting 99% of the P. The more I read posts the more I'm convinced that the problem is PMO I just hope is not to late for me; to all the younger man out there stop PMO before it ruin your life not only sexually speaking. Any advice on how to stick to the plan is welcome.
Write down a list of the things that will trigger you to go back to porn (porn sites, magazines, steamy sex movies, lingerae ads, sex stories, etc.) and stay away from those things for 60-90 days. Probably as you go thru the transition your own wife may start to seem a lil attractive to  you for some sexual activity if you know what I mean...Don't touch your penis at all unless you have to pee or take shower. If your wife will attempt to have sexual activity with you during your recovery, point her to this forum and advise her you really need to abstain from no PMO.
Update
Hey everybody,
I have a few questions I was hoping you could all help me out with, please, before I start this:

Firstly, I'm a 17 year old male, and as everybody else, been masturbating since around 13. At the age of 16 I had sex for the first time and it wasn't the pornstar 'looks and experience' i expected, I lost my wood, and from then on I havn't had no sex drive or anything.

I'm going to start the whole no masturbation and porn thing however I was wondering if somebody could PLEASE Answer me these questions:

1) what does PMO stand for? (Porn/Masturbation/'something? or what?)

2) I have a girlfriend at the moment, am I allowed to say, still be involved in sexual activity with her? so instead of me masturbating, we have sex when were together? Or has it ALL got to be eliminated?

3) After I feel more aroused and I feel 'fixed' what do I do from then on? If I masturbate will I fall back into the cycle (Am I allowed to mastrubate ever again?)

4) By not masturbating, then only doing things with a girl, surely I'm not going to last 2 seconds? I mean, what if I dont do anything for a month?

Thankyou everybody, and good luck to everybody, this website is shining some light onto what I believe is the answer to my condition, could somebody PLEASE help me and tell me the answer to my questions, thankyou.
Hi i'm jake, and im 15 years old but since i was 12 i masturbated EVERY SINGLE NIGHT till a week ago, my girlfriend can't get me hard i only get a weak erection and the bad thing is she turns me on so much she'll grind on me flash me rub it infront of me tease me do everything and nothing changes in my head i can feel myself getting horny as, but my penis never follows i need to know what to do because im far to young to have ED and when i do masturbate to porn it takes me 30 minutes... is this normal?
AND i had depression deep depression before i met this girl
oh yeah and in that week sometimes it would be up to 3-4 times a day
Newbe here, Found this form 5 weeks ago and Stopped ALL PORN. In the first week I M/with out porn only fantasy of real women. Had a weak E and the second time I tried M/very week E and no O but did ejaculate. Like most here I began PMO at 13yrs first there was only pictures and later play boy and other Mags. I also visited prostitutes in my early 20's I think M and the prostitutes retarded my social development. I used to visit P weekly and would M at least daily until the next visit. I was very shy and when I had a date I was not very adp at getting sex (I was too passive) Most of the time I would ditch the girl and head downtown. I continued to MPO for a few years and met my first wife, I had great sex but continued to MPO a lot, my wife worked 3-11 so I had a lot of time alone and tape players came out and some of you guys know the porn videos were the  hottest thing around. I think that is when it  started to mess with my mind. I had only a few ED problems during that time. But I think my perception of women was off because of porn.  My wife and I divorced and I was alone for a couple of years and used videos a lot PMO every day. I blew most of the opportunities I had with real women because of performance anxiety fear and probably because of porn induced ED. I did know that excessive MPO had a negative effect when it came to real women. So when I met my currant wife I stopped M P and things improved greatly and I had a good sex life for a number of years. I did continue to M without Porn.  After a few years and my wife had a lot of medical problems and 3 abdominal operations  she lost interest in sex. About this time internet porn became available if you had hi speed internet. It was a lot easier to use the lop top in my home office that to argue, grovel for sex. As time bent on real sex became a problem. I also found out I was type ll diabetic and had to take pills for blood pressure and cholesterol. I blamed the ED on the pills and got cialis. I was able to gets erections but they were only so so.  I kept using the porn and things only got worse, Last November i tried to have sex with my wife and it was a failure even with cialis. Tried again a week later and the same result. On the 15 of november I found this blog and it all made sense to me and my ED problem. I have not look at porn and only M twice since then. Both times were bad. Last week (week 5) I had sex with my wife (with cialis) and it was a great success. I have not had any morning wood or spontaneous erections. I have been testing for erections by M just to see quality with only fantasy with real women. I get good erections and I stop. I hope this is not interfering with the reboot process. Also I am wondering what would happen if I had sex with another partner, Once a month is what led me to internet porn. I know I will never go back to porn ever. I even try not to look at nudity in movies or pictures of women. Any comments would be appreciated.
I recommend you don't touch your penis for the next 30 days, only your gf/wife can touch it. Analyze the results you get from this... DEFINITELY stay away from porn.
update...
I figured out a way to occupy my time at home so I don't fall into PMO trap. I found a free online game to play against other people. "Texas hold'em poker"...This is so much fun and there is a lot of competition. This definitely keeping my mind off porn and masturbation....

Just a tip I wanted to share...
Thats a great idea. A game on your computer to occupy your computer usage time is great to help avoiding porn. And games are better than surfing the web, because surfing the web guarantees that you will have arousing images thrown at you, without even looking for them, and that could trigger a relapse.
hey, just wondering, can u get an ED pill via over the counter or does it have to be prescribed. having the same problems and 19 and have been watching porn for quite a bit now, since freshman year. and the girl who is really in to me wants to have sex tomorrow. your advice is greatly appreciated.
Im starting to believe this has alot to do with girls not giving head and/or not turning their dudes on enough..  I'm starting to feel as though I'm really just not super-attracted to my girlfriend on a physical level and she doesn't give head so that might be the main problem.
That could be the issue or not the issue. Keep in mind porn and messing with a lot freaky women during your life-time makes you want more dirty sexual acts. But if you think about it, oral sex is not a necessary in a relationship. Your girl should be able to turn you on without doing that. Oral sex is a luxury and not a necessity. If you stay away from watching porn  for a long time and possibility masturbation once in a while, there's a possibility you will start to look at women from a different angle and not as sex objects.
now into third week of no p&m and can feel my libido starting to pick up and wud really like some p&m but will not give in. still no erections but where I always found my mates wife attractive I am now finding her very sexually attractive which i suppose is a good sign!! she is a very touchy feely type which doesnt help!
P .
Hey,

Great thread, I have a question myself;

I've been addicted to the PMO trap for years now, probably since I was 14 or so, I'm in my mid-twenties now. Anyway I've noticed as of recently along with my wanting to view nastier and nastier porn, I've lost my "staying" power and ejaculate quite quickly. I went from being able to masturbate around 20-30 minutes down to something like five minutes or even sometimes one or two!

Now if I masturbate without the use of porn I have to work sometime to get up, and take a laboriously long time to ejaculate.

Could this be a side-effect of the PMO addiction? I'm still able to get a decent erection, although I have noticed my morning erection is gone, still have one during the night thankfully. I've also noticed just sitting at the computer makes me ache really bad for porn. I'm single and not sexually active so it makes things worse. Some days the feeling is so bad I start to tremble just looking up mundane info or watching a dvd :(

Could these things be related to my addiction?

Thanks!
You probably lost your staying power because you masturbate too too much to porn.

And since you watch so much porn and use that for visual stimulation of course masturbating without it will be very difficult.

Yes, sitting in front of your computer will make u think of porn because if you think about it, there's not too excitement to find on the internet when surfing unless you are looking at porn.

Yes, for the simple fact you do not have a gf in your life overcoming no PMO will be very difficult.

All this stuff is related to your PMO addiction. You seriously need to practice some self-control and get away from porn. Do you like to play online games? This could be a way to distract you from wanting to watch porn. The whole idea is to keep your mind off porn and masturbation so you can recover from your addiction.
watching a girlfriend on webcam counts as porn?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I agree wholeheartedly with you, porn is definitely the problem. I self-medicate with porn, I have severe anxiety which I'm currently in therapy for, it actually made me loose my job a few months back and I'm trying to get back on track.

Should I bring up my porn addiction with my therapist?

Like years ago when I had the urge to PMO I could just shake it off, now it feels like a brick to the stomach, it literally knocks the wind out of me and I just act out :( I consider myself a tough person, I can take **** and put up with it, but porn just ruins me...

Sorry I don't play videogames, but I love movies and reading, the only problem is that my PC is my entrainment machine, blu-ray player hi-def monitor etc, so it compounds the problem...

I actually took the ideal from another poster and set this as my firefox homepage, great ideal! Does anyone know of any good porn blockers for firefox or for download?

Awesome thread, thanks again!
Yes it does (somewhat)... Even though you are interacting with your gf over webcam when u get excited you start touching yourself and it's not her plus you are getting excited from visual stimulation.

What I am saying is this is okay to do but not so often. In person interraction is the way to go. Believe it or not, going to a strip club and interacting with strippers (because they are live people) is much less than porn compare to webcam sex.
Yes you can bring it up with your therapist but your therapist probably won't think that's the problem. Us people are discovering on our own that internet porn is a problem.

As far as porn blockers, you don't need them. You should be strong enough to not visit porn instead of needing porn blockers. Plus this will make you a stronger person because this shows you have self-control.
update and still going strong...
maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

i have been single for over 4 years (no sex, nothing) and did the PMO thing almost every day the whole time. like others i escalated the type of P i viewed to where that was the only type that did it for me.

along comes a woman i have had the hots for quite some time. one of my biggest fantasies too. im 26 she is 35 and latin american my type of woman. three nights ago it actually got hot and heavy. go to bedroom, im hard until it really needs to be and then nothing. next night, damn near same thing, turned on at first only difference was the condom did it this time (never used one). third night mirrors night two.  

now i know it can be some performance anxiety mixed in, but that has gone away after the first time for me. i have not PMO since the first night, so i guess abstain from PMO? i really dont feel like losing her over this. she says she "understands" and wants to help.

any advice is awesome
I don't know how to say this but dude 3 times in a row is a lot... Most women just move on. I hope u didn't lose her already. But if I was you, try to stay away from having sex with her for like a couple of weeks. Definitely stay away from PMO for the next 2 weeks.
Maybe you should use some ED pill, only before your total reboot
I've made it 31 days with out M/P

This is the absolute longest I've gone since I started M in my mid teens.  Porn really had my brain screwed up pretty bad.  I noticed a major change in how I feel around women now, a certain level of excitement that I had lost.

Trust me when I say I've been tempted to M but I've resisted the urge by looking at how far I've made it.  Before when I tried to stop I'd relapse after few days.  

I'm going to continue to avoid porn and no M and just deal with real women.

This is my fourth post here.
It's been 63 days since I saw any form of porn nor masturbated using my hand.
It's day 16 - my record so far, since I masturbated at all.

Stop P/M and get a nice, patient and understanding girl - and you'll be cured for sure!!
same problem here, to much porn watching
addicted to the to hottest chicks i can find online
to me it has a lot to do with seeing things, if i can watch me ******* a girl i can get an erection and *** easily
if i lick ***** and dont see much i loose it,
jerking of is no problem, watching porn and jerking just the way i want it makes me come in minutes
need to quit the visual stuff, thats a problem for me
Hello fellow travelers, it has been 6 weeks since I have looked at any porn. And 5 weeks since I Masturbated and 4 days since I touched my penis.
Last night I had a very bad night. I could not sleep. Thoughts about porn scenes keep creeping into my head as I tossed and turned and tried to fall asleep. My hand would instinctly touch my self. It was a real battle to keep my promise to my not to touch it until I felt healed. I think my brain was trying to get me to go back to the old routine (PMO)
The good news is that I held firm and did not indulge.
I hope this is a good sign that the healing is progressing. I have faith in this process. I am also beginning to understand how porn has affected my relationship with women.

Advice to other new guys like me, read all the material available here. There are a lot of to learn how you got screwed up. I wish I had found out about problem a long time ago. I have alway heard and still read that masturbation is good for you. So I guess it is ok on a limited bases but not with porn. Your brain likes porn but gets bored easily and wants higher levels and more strange or weird stuff to keep the game going.
I hate that this is taking so long.
Stay strong and don't give in to a brain wants back in the game.

Last time I posted I was flying high with a great sex life and I knew my ED was cured.  I recently went through a couple months of relationship trouble and no sex.  During this time I was frustrated and gave in to PMO for a while.  

I felt pretty bad about it, like I had let myself down.  When I began my reboot my will was powerful, and over time I have come to rely more on my girlfriend's affection to keep me away from PMO.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though.  Last night we reconciled our problems and let me just say I am still cured.  Rebooting works and it is no exaggeration to say that it changed my life for the better.  I had never experienced a real, meaningful relationship before giving up PMO.  Any man can do the same.
I too am trying to stop masturbating and porn.  I have finally put it together that that is what is likely cause my ED problems.  I have been taking Viagra but see that only as a band aid and not a fix.  I look at porn and masturbate at least twice a day.  I can always get hard with the porn but not with my partner.  Really a bad situation.  I have even looked at porn right before sex to get it up and hopefully stay excited.

I really think that it is the porn now and excessive masturbation.  So this is my New Years Resolution. 4 days so far. - no masturbation or porn.

Oh... porn can also be isolating as you do not interact with people in relationships but in fantasy only.

Thank you for your posts glad I found this forum
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND KEEP THE NO PMO GOING FOR 2012.
Hello all, ive noticed a little contradicting info on this site,

In one of the faq pages it says that this problem is 100% reversable but on another faq page it says that spontanious erections may never return, im not being defeatist here but the second statement contradicts the 100% statement.

anyone agree?
I have a situation and wonder if anybody else has had same problem.  When I have a girlfriend for awhile and have developed emotional feelings for her, I have had no problem getting hard.  Instant erection when we start making out.  However, after a breakup, and back out there and try to have sex with a new girl that I may not really have any feelings for yet other than physical attration, I experience ED, especially if a one night stand attempt.  Very embarrasing, but I think it has to be that I almost need to really care about the girl emotionally and have feelings (love) for her to get an erection.  For random girls, even though physically attractive to me, my brain is almost telling me that I should not just be having random sex with them for pleasure, but develop real feelings for them first, and then my brain says it is okay now to get an erection and have sex after I get to know them.  Anybody else have this problem?  Not sure what fix there is for this other than ED Medication.  I maybe do PMO once a week even with a girlfriend, so not sure how that is playing into my situation.  From what I have read here, stopping all PMO is definitely the way to go first, and that will be a least one thing to eliminate from what may be causing my ED with new girls.  
Just to add to my post:

Its seems that the loss of spontanious erections forever seems to be evident on alot of the recovery stories,
Alot of the recovered peoples seem to state that they can A) get sufficient erections for sex B) obtain erections when kissing, hugging etc where they didnt before,

Now the above kinda sounds great but doesnt seem as 100% recovery to me as stimulation via touch even if not by a sexual touch is needed as stated by recovered users.

Does this mean that when rebooted you still wont have horny days where you are getting erections for no reason other than the fact that you are...... horny? not because of touch, love and care but because you want sex.

I had pretty much the same experience.  When I was with a girl I loved, I was in erection city.  Since then, they seem to fail, because I think there's some trace of guilt associated with me and random sex.  

Now, in my mind, the solution is... A) either don't have sex unless I really think I could love the girl; or, B) make sure that my intentions with the girl are clear, so that I don't feel guilt.  There are many girls out there who are open to having fun, casual sex.  I get the impression that they guilt I feel is not necessary, at times.  Some girls just want to bone, and that's okay.  The key is "intent" and "honesty."  I'm trying to be honest with the girls I meet these days.  If it's just casual, I'll ask them how they feel.  If they're into it, then the sex can be guilt free.  It's when I lure them in with the possibility of relationship, even though I know I don't want one -- the lure that is a LIE -- that my erection fades.  

Inner honesty may be the key to strong boners after all.  Inner honesty may also play a role in the porn addiction issue that we all feel.  It feels wrong, because for most of us, porn is a secret we keep from the world.  In this way, we are doing something that we feel guilty about.  If we were to listen to our conscience more, as cheesy as that sounds, we might be less inclined to watch porn in the first place.

Those are my two cents.  Of course, easier said than done.  

Let's keep up the good work, gents, and keep up our erections!

Was the 100% reversible stated by the site, or was it a quote by a guy? I imagine it was referring to sexual intercourse.  Keep in mind that most guys start porn in their early teens when spontaneous erections are common, but stop porn in their twenties or later, when they are not so common.
I dont know why everyone is so focused on this spontaenous erection thing. Why is it important? The only thing that is important is that u get hard with a girl, not if u get boners randomly for no reason. I really dont think they have anything to do with the healing process.

And to the guy with the latin gf above:
She sounds understanding, and ur problem sounds mostly like performance anxiety to me. 4 yrs without sex would give anyone perf anxiety. But still, stopnthe porn and it will help, but make sureu relax! She seems like she wants to help
  I have been trying to enter an indefinite period of celibacy after hitting a bottom with PMO addiction. been studying porn induced ED videos-makes total sense to me. I'm 50 and would like to salvage whatever sexuality I have left. I started a tracker for some accountability. Day 2 today -some thoughts but not much interest or ability.
This maybe slightly controversial but demonstrates to me that everything shown on the youtube presentations on yourbrainonporn are i think spot on.

my situation was explained on this forum 3/4 weeks ago. Basically I am 51 and been very into porn for many years and used to enjoy edging for 3/4 or more hours at a time until basically not having any libido and not being able to get good wood even with ed med.

Over the years i have been a smoker and a non smoker both for years at a time and when I decide to give up i dont find it difficult. I have not smoked for the last 10 years. Just really by chance around the same time i stopped PM&O  I started having the occasional cigarette (xmas parties) and the enjoyable headrush I get feels exactly the same as I used to get from edgeing to porn. I still have a couple of cigarettes a day and basically when before I would do the pm&o I instead have a smoke and so far doing ok as I am just about into week 5 of no pm&o.
This really shows to me that this is an addiction  just the same as nicotine as after time smokers lose that headrush and so smoke more and more until the enjoyable headrush 's cease but the addiction to nicotine is still there.

I am certainly not abdicating smoking for all us porn addicts and I am not even sure if this "replacement therapy" is harming my recovery. (I would be grateful to hear from anyone that knows more than myself on this) but if I had any doubts before on porn being an addiction I dont now, I now understand the whole dopamine thing.

As I said I am on week 4/5 of no pm&o. I have low libido but have recently had a couple of erotic dreams which I have not had for a long time and also woke during the night with semi wood which again has not happened for a long time. I am noticing a lot of headaches tiredness but more motivation.
P
I believe that ED can be both physical and mental in my case because I could never hold an erection with a woman for the first time NO MATTER HOW SEXY SHE IS. In April 2011 I went on vacation and meet a very sexy Aerobics Instructor (I was in PORNO heaven). Now you would think that all the years of masturbating to sexy women in online porno videos has prepared me for this encounter.
The foreplay was fine, but not even 5 min into the sex I started feeling my intensity going down, so I had to revert back to my old disgusting way of making an excuse by saying my condom broke and I don't have another one. This encounter made me feel worthless. You would think that I learned from my mistakes but I still masturbate to porno videos.

PLEASE READ EVERYONE

I want to start off by saying that I understand that this is a real problem. Its just that it may not be yours. I have had weak erections for 2 years and yes its been driving me crazy as well. I didn't know what was wrong and couldn't find a problem. I came across this page and thought that I figured out my problem, I was wrong. It turns out that it was prostatitis.

I'm not saying that porn is not whats wrong for you but prostatitis is not a joke and its better to know what your problem is. Go see a urologist. Make sure thats its not a physical problem. For the first year of my prostatitis (I didn't know I had it at this point), I had no pain. So you could still have an inflammation without having the symptoms.

Also go to a few urologists. The first two I had were not good. They ruled out prostatitis because I had great test results but test results aren't definitive.

Go get checked out, theres no need to be nervous. I wish I knew what I was dealing with before I started looking for the problem on my own. It only led to more stress. Don't be so quick to diagnose yourself. This your body, your sex life; be smart.

Good luck to all of you.

Send me a message if you have questions.

HI sl77,
Thank you for your post, could you please explain a little bit what are the symptems for prostatitis and how it makes one feel and know that they have prostatitis , I'm in my 30's and have ED , even with cialis it didnt' work well for me and I thought that it could be other problem that effects my sexual desire
Thanks for your reply
Posted a couple of months back...... My E.D. because of masterbating (masturbating) to porn began soon after installing boradband internet in my house in early 2004. Took me close to 7 years to figure out why my erections had become non-existent. I would spend 1-2 hrs a day 7 days a week M'g to Porn. If i didn't do it for a day or two, that meant I would masterbate to porn 4-5 hours to make up for it a couple of days later....................It was a horrible-terrible addiction. In December I went 14 days without it, fell off the wagon. But with the new year I have taken a new stance against no porn-masterbation. I will admit, I still masterbate, like any other guy. My friends admit to masterbateing all the time, but have no problem getting erections. I'm honest with them about not getting erections cause of porn-mastebating addiction and they just laugh......They can't believe a good looking guy like  me can't get hard with some of the attractive women I spend the night with( I have disappointed a lot of great looking girls)....... But I will freely admit and will be the first to testify that masterbating (masturbating) to porn, for whatever reason, wheather it's chemical or psychological, will keep you from geeting normal erections......... I'm on day 6 and will keep you guys updated.........I HAD to change, I could no longer continue to live a pointless and hopeless sex life. I would watch amateur porn on X-Hamster and think wow, how is it thst these guys get and stay hard. There older then me, in worse shape. It just didn't make sense. But I knew why I culd not get and maintain erections. I was in complete denial.................But it's now or never, either I beat this thing now, or else it will beat me with no hope of ever beating it........................
A few questions:
Are you fully cured?
What drug did you take?
How long did recovery take?
Any details would be appreciated?
Wow, sooo glad I saw this site. I have P issues also. I'm on day 4 of not masturbating. I remember that in my teens and twenties, I was always able to ejaculate when having sex with my then girlfriends. Now at 35, my erections are there, no change in that department but I can't ejaculate??? I watch porn almost everyday, since the whole net boom. I think I'm just used to how I do it.
Symptoms can be found online since there a few different types of it.
Mine were ejaculation pains-cramping in the muscle behind your testicles (feels like its in your butt, sorry had no better way to put it), and pain in the penis it self upon ejaculation (near the base). There were times when I had testicle pain but that didn't last long. And throughout it were weak erections. These were my main symptoms.

I've been taking cipro which I believe is helping. I got an Xray done this week so my doctor can get a better idea of whats causing it. Cialis has been recently been shown to help the muscle cramping and other pains so that helps. Only problem with prostatitis is that it can't be cured, just controlled. I've just recently found out about all this, I still don't know much. Hope that help answer some of your questions. I go back to my doctor in about a week. Hopefully I'll have a much better understanding. Also I'm in my early 20s. Prostatitis is not age specific, it can hit anyone.
Relapsed, unfortunately. Restarting.

What made you do it? What exactly did you do? Was it just masturbation or masturbating to porn? I mean you're having great sex with your gf or wife so what made you want to touch your penis? Sorry to hear you relapse dude... I guess it will be me one day but I hope not.
This is not an easy thing that at all, it is truly an addiction.

Relapsing is understandable brush off yourself off and get back on the horse.  I had reached a point where mentally I was trying to psych myself into relapsing but I fought the urge.  

The feeling of not being able to perform with a woman because you can't get it up is horrible.  After a while you run out of excuses and things go to hell in a hand basket.  I remember being concerned [fill in chicks name] is probably going to want to have sex if I see her and then thinking how I was going to avoid setting myself up for failure.  

When I think back on those failures it motivates me to not PMO
I almost did the same today, this is my third attempt, first two fell at the 4th day, now I'm at seven days. Agree with GhostDog don't give up! For me is helping come back to this forum and read all the post, is reminding me that I'm not alone and why I'm doing it. I don't want to be slave of PMO. I'm like love_a_challenge, it probably be me next but we need to keep fighting this addiction! I wish I had find sooner this forum.
I'm on Day 8 now and i'm just chugging along and hoping for the best. This time I have not touched myself or watched anything that will spark the urge to relapse. Still flatlining and it gets pretty depressing but I am hopeful that this will work for me just like it has for those who were able to successfully complete it.
So guys, every sexual stimuli should be avoided? Is sexting (maybe for a couple of hours) going to slow down my progress?
Is sexting making you want to touch yourself? If so, then you should really avoid it because eventually it may draw u back to porn.
Yesterday was really difficult guys, had pretty much a sex date lined up for Saturday night. Had anxiety all day, new I could not masterbate period cause was expecting to have sex that night. Add to that 8 days without the tempting porn tube channels it was very difficult. She ended up cancelling around 8pm. I spen the entire night at my place and was close to giving in. I watched some porn, maybe 5 minutes of it. But I did not masterbate to it. Just was able to beat the temptation. Jumped off the porn tube and ate something. like 20 minutes later I went to the bathroom and masterbated nornally. Actually masterbated 4 times normally in the bathroom, is that to much? maybe. But I tell you what, after 7 years of a tremendous porm-masterbation addiction, I see last night as a major victory. Soent the whole Sayurday night by myself and did not masterbate to porn........ It's a great feeling. My adivce to guys is find avenues that will help you. Mine is just masterbating (masturbating) normally, itmight not work for you, but it does for me............ We are all in this stuggle together.....
Hello guys, im just curious.. like all of you im also experiencing with the same symptoms of over masturbation/Porn, i really know it is because of porn, i also have erectile dysfunction, i would like to ask guys, especially for those who already healed.. Having a short curved pennis is normal? Will it be back to normal after some days together with my erection without looking porn? Thank you.. Please reply.. :((
I doubt masturbating to porn has anything to do with your curve penis. I believe your penis is the way it is because the blood supply to your penis is not balanced in the 2 chambers. One side receives more blood than the other which causes your penis to curve to the left or right.
Having a curved penis is very normal and many people have it curved, its an advantage often enough. It has nothing to do with MB, its just a physical trait
Thank you for the reply, Even though it is curved downward is normal? Does not it bother my sex life?
Yo I feel you, im going through the same exact thing. When I think about my girlfriend my **** doesnt get hard but when I think about other girls or feet (I have a foot fetish) I get soo much harder.
I Jack off usually around once or twice a day and when im with her it doesnt stay hard... Im losing hope in my ****. Im 16 nd this is ridiculous.
This thread has helped me a lot but I have some questions.

1. I have been addicted for porn 1-2 years now and this is my third week off P&M and is it alright to masturbate in bed before i got to sleep?

2. What is PMO?

3. Does P make you not able to ejaculate?

Thanks so much for all this advice!
By the way that was to everyone :)
1) If you wish to masturbate with your mind that is fine but you will achieve a better recovery if you stay away from PMO (porn, masturbation, orgasm)

3) Porn really has nothing to do with the orgasm part but it may be psychologically affecting you. Stay away from PMO for a good 30-60 days to see if you start to improve you reaching an orgasm during real sex.
I'm a member of the downward curve club also.  Trust me if over masturbation was the cause mine would probably be a complete circle :-).  I've never gotten any complaints from women about it and some actually like the sensation from it.  Just work on over coming PMO and enjoy the freedom.
Having a foot fetish is not a problem do you play with your girlfriends feet?  As for you lack of erection the "other girls" you think about are they porn chicks or regular girls?  You have to stay away from PMO in order for your penis get on the track back to normal operation.  Also if you are worried about not being able to get hard it can sometimes hinder having an erection.  
You are still young so its best that you get this under control now, you will have a much more rewarding sex life.
I have somethng to add, I started to have erectile dysfunction since i was 13 years old after i masturbate, yes i know it is because of PMO, masturbate 3 times or once a day, no skip.. i am 21 years old now. Are you guys sure if i stop PMO, everythng will go back to normal? Thank you Guys for the reply, Actually i already consulted to a urologist, all of my laboratory test are normal, even in my testosterone. He told me, He dont really know what is the cause of my problem, maybe it is only psychological. eventhough 8 years have past, will it be go back to normal again? thank you..
Let me explain to you why the problem is definitely psychological. When we masturbate so much or masturbate to porn so much, we are conditioning our brain to get use to that particular stimulation. Once another person (woman) is involved, its hard to adjust to this because your mind is so use to you performing self-love. Once you experience a time when you can't get a full erection with the woman your confidence starts to diminish to the point you want to avoid that situation again.

So what is the solution, stay away from porn and masturbation so you can allow time for your mind to re-program itself so you can start to get more use of being with a woman instead of being with yourself.

Makes sense???
love_a_challenge is 100% correct.
The self-love combined with you being over stimulated by porn is what caused the problem.  
Too much masturbation can also results into erectile dysfunction as it will decrease your libido.
i see. now it is clear for me.. I'm so lucky to found this forum. i suppose im alone, if i only knew it before i already stop PMO, I am very addictive in Masturbation watching porn in my cellphone, Laptop, Desktop, Iphone, I now deleted my 32 gb. Porn. Thank you Guys! aside from stop PMO, my Dr. Gave me Vitamin Myra400e and Fern C.
by the way this is my 5th day w/o PMO and This time i have no time to masturbate or watch porn because i get hired in a company so i will become more bussy unlike before. Thank you Guys =)
I am trying to recover after having my body weakened by porn and masturbation. Has anyone recommend any drug that i can use to revitalize my body. My wife doesn't know i masturbate and we have been trying for baby for 5 years. i suffer from low sperm count but cannot stop wanking. Please any vitamin suggestion will be appreciated
I have also a low sperm count, My Dr. gave me Myra 400e and Fern C for 90 days, take it once a day, after 90 days i will be examined for Sperm analysis again..
My Addiction to M2P(Masterbating (masturbating) to Porn) was not restricted to just Video porn. I would join swinger sites, make up fake profiles, get acess to other swinger pics and profiles and masterbate continueslly to them also. See, I have a problem with acne. And I noticed that when I M2P I would have an outbreak of acne a few days after( I'm dead serious). But I noticed that when I masterbated to the swinger profiles, I would not develop acne a few days after. And I masterbated to porn and swinger website pictures for hours at a time. So for a few months last year and a couple of months the years before, I would actually not masterbate to porn for a month or two, just the pictures on swingers websites. At the time I was dating a girl, and even though i was not M2P, and just masterbating (masturbating) to the swiger pics, my erectile dysfinction continued. So, it's become obvious to me that just constant masterbation (masturbation) either to video porn or pictures of anything sexually related contributes to my Erectile Dysfunction.

What we think what causes ED are just observations on our part, but most of us have had the P2M problem for years, so I think we have a pretty good idea of what is happening to our bodies. It is abseloutly not normal for a man ages 12-50 not to be able to maintain and sustain an erection and have regualr and fufilling sex. It's either something medical, or in my part and that of so many others on here constant stimulation to porn and realted videos, pictures, etc...... Have made you psychologicoly or physically impaired you from having normal male erections. I am the first to attest that. If Harvard or any other institution did a study, I would be the first to volunteer and tell them my story. M2P has completly ruined my sex life. As of January 1st, I'm clean of M2P. there have been a few close calls, and there was one about an hour ago. Got so far as to pull my pants down and turned on a  video. But I just got up and went to the kitchen. It's a horrible addiction.........Here's the kicker, I'm going to meet a very attractive young lady for sex tonight. No date, drinks, etc..... Just go to her place for sex. Yet, I'm here fighting off the temptation to masterbate to porn, it's a horrible addiction. I'm 11 days pf M2P.........
Is it normal to have a 4.5 inches penis, I have erectile dysfunction will it increase in size if my erection come back?  Thank you
The size of the penis is genetic. Nothing can increase the size of your penis. No over the counter products, nothing... No PMO will not increase your penis size and PMO will not reduce your penis size.
May i know guys the size of your penis? The length of my penis is 4.5, If my erectile dysfunction go back to normal(because of porn).. Is 4.5" penis size Enough in sex? or will she satisfy? Aside from short penis it is also curved Please answer. I'm so nervous :(
it's not that over curve, slightly curved only. :(
I have made it 46 days with no PMO, I cannot believe it!!!

For those at the beginning it can be very difficult until you reach a certain point.  I’ve read that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  Once you hit the point where your new habit is not PMOing, its easier to make it to the next day.  I actually took it one day at a time fought the difficult days with a passion, while keeping in mind the reason and benefits of not engaging in PMO.  I was a mess for a few weeks due to the withdrawal symptoms mainly slight headache and my sleeping patterns were horrible.  I did notice that my energy level, overall attitude and outlook on the day are different in a positive way.  

Hi I am 13 and i M almost every night my friend said u can get dry after a while is that true .
As long as your penis can erect, you are normal. Stop your habit in M, Stop Porn to avoid problem.
I sined up for the Tracker and it's on my profile. But It's not coming up on my posts, I'm 14 dats free on M2P today. Does anybody know how I can get the tracker on my posts?
I sent you a message with the instructions.
Thanks for all the replies. Love_a_challenge, i dont know why i relapsed, really. I came home from vacation, from an awful travel day and didnt get a chance to have sex with my gf that daynand the previous day. Things have been going so good that i just kinda forgot that i was fighting porn and went to it, thinking there wasnt any harm in it. Looked at porn a couple time snthat week, now back to staying away. Luckily, sex is still going fine as i think ive been avoiding porn for a fairly long time, but im gunna start my day counting again from yesterday and stay off porn. Its fine now, but before long i know at the symptoms will return if i continue.

Interesting note, after having not looked at porn for so long, i found that i found a lot of it fairly gross lol. Nothing super weird, but found i just wanted to look at solo girls stuff and nothing involving sex. Felt a bit more natural.

Hey guys, I kept failing every time I got to a week and a half. So I decided that I’d just masturbate once a week on an assigned day. I don’t use porn when I do it, since I really think that’s the main problem here. I do it to non-nude pictures, Men’s magazine type stuff. Also I use my left hand (or a male sex sleeve), a light grip, lube, and a condom.

Knowing I can do it once a week actually helps me not have urges, because I know I can do it on Thursday.

If you can’t stop all together, you might want to try this approach. It might be a slower recovery, but it’s a hell of a lot better than doing it 2-3 times a day.

I use to do it at least twice a day to harder and harder porn. So I was doing it 14 times a week, 70 times a month, and 840 times a year!

Now it’s going to be 1 time a week, 5 times a month, and 60 times a year! That’s a hell of a lot better than the above.

So if you find yourself failing maybe you should just try this method, after all there’s nothing wrong with masturbating. Out problem is we did it too much, and too tons of hardcore porn.

Warning: Only try this if you’ve gone a week or two without it, but then find yourself falling off the wagon. Some guys will do it once and then they’ll have to do it again, and again! If you’re that type you need to just stop. But if you find yourself needing it once a week this is perfect for you. The key is to not use porn though.
In my opinion, I say your method may work as long there is no guilt afterwards. The guilty feeling also plays a role in getting erections with a woman.
Thanks, yeah I have no guilt about it now. Because I know it's a lot better than doing it 70 times a month to increasingly harder porn. But I had a ton of guilt when I was trying to stop completely, and I was failing after a week and a half. I'd feel so low and depressed for the whole day. Now I just do it once a week, feel refreshed afterwards and go on about my life without having the urge to do it again or look at porn.

But like I said, this might be a recipe for disaster for some. It should only be attempted after falling of the wagon a few times after a week or more. Because sometimes anxiety makes you cave.
I just found out about this site a few days ago when it was pointed out to me that I might have a problem. I used to be quite the loner so watching porn just became part of my daily routine, so much in fact that I gave myself a quota to meet. It wasn't even a need, it was just boredom I guess. Then I was caught masturbating by my gf and she asked if I wanted to have sex, and I said no. I didn't even see anything wrong with that. That's how deep it got. Worst part is that we had sex the night before and it was good like it always is I just felt the urge to watch porn and take care of things on my own. Hopefully that's all in the past. Now I feel like I'm on the road to recovery. I've taken precautionary steps, and haven't looked at porn for the longest stretch so far in years. Even though it's been a few days, I can feel a little bit of change in my desire, where as before it was basically non existent. I do have a question though, what happens if I get blue balls? Yes I'm being serious! It hurts so bad and the way I've taken care of it before is by masturbating and I don't want that or sex to be an option until I find out for myself how long exactly I can go without both. I feel confident I can get over my addiction, and this is one concern I don't know how to go about.
Well here is some good news for you . since your gf knows you watch porn, why not introduce her to this forum and yourbrainonporn.com so she can understand why you want to try the 30-60 day no PMO program. That way she won' t try to give you blue balls or have sex with you.
She's the one who directed me to this forum. She understands and of course wants me to get better so she can get more attention :) The part I conveniently left out is that I work at a strip club. Whoops.
Work at the strip club though? How do you expect to recover? Does your gf look as hot as the girls at the strip club? If not, then you got a problem because you are too use to being around hot looking women every single day. I don't see the opportunity for you to give your mind a rest. However, still stay away from porn and masturbation for a month to see if you feel a change in your sex libido and reaction to normal women including your gf.
Yea I've got a rough road ahead of me but luckily my gf is easy on the eyes. I've been in the business for about 10 years and I've been able to separate business from pleasure, I know I'm there to work so I don't ever get caught up staring or fantasizing. Hopefully it works, a new job is kind of out of the question.
25guy. I'm following the same routine, kind of.... I just masterbate normally in the bathroom or in the shower(maybe once a day or 3-4 times a day). As I have posted before my addcition to masterbating (masturbating) 2porn(M2P) was seven years long, it consumed me like nothing else in life, and totally ruined my sex life; As it was impossible to often maintain an erection and sustain one. In Decenmber I tired quitting cold turkey and I was a wreck for 2 weeks. My body and mind just did not respond well. So, as of January 1st I just masterbate normally in the shower and bathroom when I feel the urge to eatch porn, when something tempts me. etc.... Wednesday a buddy emailed me a link to a porn website where the daughter of a guy we worked with did an amateur porn scene. I had met the young girl and she was always gorgeous. So to see her pop up in an amateur porn movie just sent my brain into complete scramble motion. I went as far as to pull my pants down watching the video. But I got up, went to the kitchen. 20 minutes later I took a shower and masterbated 4 times to the thought of the young girl I knew in the video. Thast night did it some more also. But you know what, I considered that a victory!

After 7 years of continued masterbation (masturbation) to porn, to be able not to masterbate to porn. To not sit in front of my computer for an hour, 2 hours, 6-7 days a week and not masterbate to porn. IT's a victory for me. The best pasrt is after I have released so many times, the temptation is gone. And I move on with the accomplishment that I did not masterbate to porn.

It would have been impossible to quit cold turkey, I even did some research where I read of some men needing inpatient treatment to get over the addiction.......Just masterbating (masturbating) normally for me has worked thus far, and I am fully confident IT will get me over the hump. I have sex all the time with different women( not very satisfying due to me porn induced ED) so the thought of having an actual fufilling sexual encounter where I can maintain the type of erection where I can switch positions, stay erect for more the 5 minutes, etc.... Is my motivation.......Qutiing cold turkey was not an option for me, so my routine is to just masterbate normally. The recovery time might be longer, but in that time my confidence will grow. As they days go by without sitting in front of my computer masterbating (masturbating) endlessly to porn go by, I will develp a greater outlook...........Already a great sign is for the first time in YEARS, I wake up with incredible morning wood..........
Just came across this article about pornography and it talks partly about desensitsation. real wake up call for anyone who's in doubt about the destructive power of pornography; it's making it into the mainstream papers in the UK now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/02/gail-dines-pornography
Accept for the one day I MB'd to see if the Cialis I got would keep me upright, I've gone 50 days without watching porn (so 49 days of no MB)...Some days I feel great, somedays I feel like a ball of depression, I'm just trying to have faith that this reboot process is working...I know the only way to see if it' working is to engage more women (which I have done) but I'm still so apprehensive to the point I've avoided getting a$$ even when I vowed I would try...

Just hope I'm still on the right track...And just want more positive advice on what to do moving forward..

Also What was that site with all the dopamine facts and $hit and all the youtube film training stuff? That had some really good facts, I'd like to refresh myself on some of that...
http://yourbrainonporn.com

Oh yeah, I got it now...
I'm on day 60 of my reboot journey. 4 days ago (day 56) I relapsed, and masturbated twice (once with porn, once without porn). Today, I relapsed again, masturbating once to porn and once without. I'm feeling quite disappointed in myself, as I had been making awesome progress. I am totally committed to no more PMO, but I am worried that these 2 relapses have caused me to lose some of the progress I had made. Do you think these relapses have hurt my progress, and how long will they stall future improvements? Fwiw, masturbating only 4 times in 60 days is pretty amazing to me, and I never would have been able to do it without the help of this awesome website.

I'm feelin mad at myself, lol tell me something to lift my spirits guys!

I say you did a remarkable job and I can't wait till I get to 60 days no PMO or no PM because I have a gf. But if you think about it, you're suppose to be depressed from masturbatin to porn. I know how you feel because it is the feel of defeat. It's not making you necessarily start over but it will probably make you feel depressed and lost of libido for a good week. Let me ask you this....

What made you go back and watch some porn?
Was you just planning on watching it and not touching yourself or did you go to porn with the intention to masturbate?
Did you feel it was calling you?
Do you feel you have a stronger urge to masturbate more often now?

I admit I have seen some videos with naked women in it but I don't watch it, I skim thru it just to see what they are doing. I don't let the video excite me to make me want to start touching myself. Do you have a gf in your life to help you keep your mind away from porn? I say for the next 30 days concentrate on not touching your penis at all. You can do it man! I am definitely going to make it that 60 days. I am so focus it's ridiculous...
Thanks for posting the link to the article.  I sold porn on the internet for over 10 years amazing when I actually stop and think about it.  I became totally desensitized by porn it ruined relationships and lead me down the dark road of PMO.  It is true that the only thing that excites a porn peddler is PROFIT but it was profit at a price.  What the article covers about porn becoming more and more intense is totally true.  I remember when certain acts were taboo or at least non main stream.  As time went on these acts became part of most main stream productions.  

Ok first off slap yourself on the back of your hands for relapsing.
Now get back on the damn horse!!! You are stronger than your addiction.  You can beat this and there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I could not believe it but I actually had physical withdrawal symptoms.
I have had off and on headaches & sleeplessness for weeks.

I was sleeping about 4 hours a night once I finally fell asleep.  I ended up purchasing a sleep aid because it was hard going to work with 4 hours of sleep,  The sleep aid did the trick.  I started feeling like my self I'd say in the last week or so.  I can sleep like a normal person and not wake up like a damn rooster at 4:30am every damn morning when it takes me til 12:30am to fall asleep.  The sleep aid helped combat that dilemma.

Trust me once you are rebooted "O" will feel like magic with a woman.  

I am on day 61 of not watching any porn, I have masturbated a couple of times. I have also tested to see if I can get a  good erection. Some times I would get a good erection but would loose it pretty quickly. My libido is almost non existent. I too may be suffering from withdrawal as I only sleep for 5 hrs a night.
After reading Ghostdog,s post I think the lack of sleep is having a effect on my recovery and lack of libido. I don't know if the times I masturbated is causing a set back or not. But going forward I will try not to masturbate for at least 30 days and see if that helps. Btw I only masturbate to fantasy of real women I have been with and not porn.
Good luck all
Ok Guys, look's like I have beat my persenol mark of 15 days are now on day 17 of not masterbating (masturbating) to porn. But I still masterbate all the time. Just in bed , the shower. Had a sexual experiance last night, very erotic. But I will admit, the effects of Porn ED still linger. I got erected, but it died down after about 5-10 minutes. Was able to get hard by jerking myself and came 3 times in 2 hrs. But still, no way close to a natural sustained erection.........My questions to you guys, and I wish we could be more clear in our posts...... Who is still masterbating (masturbating)? I mean I'm really not sure if you guys cut off masterbation (masturbation) all together, or we just caught off masterbating (masturbating) to porn...... Think would help me and the other guys if we were more clear on our masterbating (masturbating) habits....
First I cut masturbation completely, then I decided I would do it once a while. The problem was that masturbating always led me to a relapse, on the same day or the next, so now I'm not gonna masturbate anymore. i'm on day 7 because of a recent relapse. As far as what I read in yourbrainonporn.com, M really set you back a little, but most recovery stories show that guys were doing it. Keep going in your journey. Your ED will be fixed in no time. (most guys need 2, 3 months).
I don't masturbate nor watch porn. Not only do I feel I had an addiction with porn, I also feel I have an addiction with masturbating. I believe a normal person rarely masturbates or not at all. Plus I notice when I do masturbate, my body feels wacky and no need for sex for the next couple days. I also notice I can't masturbate just once. It usually turns into 2-3 times before I feel the need to masturbate is out of my system. Now that it's been 30 days no masturbation I don't feel the need to masturbate like that. I feel like I'm doing what a normal man would do (waiting for sex).

You should really try going a month without masturbation just so you can feel the difference in your body. There is no harm in doing this and it won't increase prostate cancer, that's a bunch of crap. If you're going to catch prostate cancer, then you gonna catch it.
I stopped masturbating 100% since I started the tracker.  Prior to that I was beating of just about every day unless I had a woman in my bed and on the weekends/holidays sometimes 3 times a day.  I totally cut off porn erased everything I could find on my PC and avoid it like it is poison.  

I have a tattoo on my arm that I got many years ago that when translated reads "Victory or Death".  I try my best to live by that saying.

Trust knowing that the relief from my sleeplessness and headaches were LITERALLY in the palm of my hand was a battle.  But I knew what was at stake and the thought alone gave me the strength to over come the temptation to masturbate.

I think in order to reboot successfully you have to stop jerking-off because your mind/body has become used to that sensation leading to orgasm and not  the feeling of a woman and the emotional desire towards a woman.

You will notice your excitement level and attraction to  women will increase once your libido comes back.  My libido left came back strong for about a week then went on vacation again which spooked me.  

I'm sure my wacky sleeping pattern of 4-5 hours a night is what killed it.

You, myself and the members of this forum have an addiction.  This is NOT going to be easy but few thing of any worth seldom are easy.

I am 18 years old living in Australia, and Ive been PMO since 14 or 15. I live in a very heavy christian family, and I always try to stop myself, but i always end up relapsing. Getting to the point where my parents have caught me on a few occasions, and are always keeping an eye when I am near a computer. My last M, was before New Years Eve, and I havent M since then. I had a wet dream though, but all these things tempt me sooooo much, its not funny. I just wanna give in, and I love how PMO just gives you that shot of euphoria and feeling good, that's why I PMO. but, I've been clean for 17 days, but im scared im gonna do it again. My question, what should I do? and does anybody know if M reduces getting a E in embarrassing situations, like when you're kissing you g/f, and you dont wanna get an E in front of her?...
Im 18, and I live in a very heavy Christian family. I've been PMO since i was 14, but I've always wanted to stop. What is on here, has helped me, and I haven't touched myself since New Years Eve. So, ive been clean for 17 days, and i wanna stay clean. But i amm soooo tempted to just do it, i really need help. My parents have caught me a few times, they werent happy, and now they keep an eye on me everytime i am near a computer. I just wanna ask, what's the best method of abstinence? and does M reduce getting an E in embarrassing situations, like, kissing your g/f, and you dont wanna get an E infront of her?
Well I'm on day 51 and I have only MB'd twice, but it was just to test the cialis...

Last night I had a dream about being with this girl I work with who's very attractive and who I have a crush on (We're really cool and she has a BF--has no clue I want to wreck her), but even in the dream all I could think about was this ED $hit and i made every excuse in the book not to bang her (IN THE DREAM!)...I woke up with significant wood, no doubt based on thinking about her, but then I snoozed a bit, woke up again and the wood was gone, and no matter what I think or fantasize about it's not moving at all...It's like I might aswell have a startled shell-slug down there...

This is the $hit that's so hard, because i feel like I've accomplished so much, but I can't even get hard thinking about the same girl I just dreamt about...I went to YBOP website and read some facts that tell you not to rationalize whether you are succeeding or not, but how can you not?

I'm just wondering how do you guys deal with days where there is absolutely no libido, or days when mentally you're all in in-terms of being horny or whatever, but still nothing downstairs? These are the fears I'm trying to conquer because sometimes I feel like when i was on porn I could bang allday and night for hours and hours and hours, and despite whatever shame I still felt like a real man...

Now I'm like, I've gone basically 50 days, and I'm still scared to death my $hit won't work if I get a chick in here...Just trying to deal and get anymore positive advice moving forward as I guess I'll be going for 90 days since I've gone this far, but still what gets yall through those head shaking days when you feel like things should be working much better right now?

100 Days!!
This is the kind of great news I wish I could announce at school, or write a big ol’ facebook update about!  Nevertheless, I greatly appreciate the opportunity you all have given me to share my story and some thoughts.
I can trace my addiction to pornography all the way back to the sixth grade.  I had just finished learning how to research online.  My topic, of course, was simple, like George Washington or somethin’.  But soon after this, I happen to run across a picture of Heidi Klum.  Of course, I soon thought to myself:  “What would happen if I did a some online research on Heidi Klum?”  The answer to that question snared me in a trap from which I’m still struggling to escape.
Since then, although my addiction has varied in degrees of intensity, it’s remained unshakeable.  Even as a sixth grader, I had no doubt that looking at those pictures and watching those movies could not possibly be anything other wrong.  Nevertheless, the desires of my body constantly and relentlessly overwhelmed the better judgment of my weak conscience.
The merciless cycle has continued for almost twelve years since that first Heidi search.  My countless attempts to quit lasted only as long as the depression.  These failures resulted in chronically deflated self-worth which has surely negatively impacted the person I am today.
Finally, finding this blog has been one of the most fortunate discoveries in the last twelve years of my life.  For the first time, I have truly felt like I just don’t want to look at porn.  I feel like I’m standing outside of the situation looking in, rather than standing inside the cage and desperately longing to for the freedom awaiting outside.  Through this joy, however, I must constantly remind myself that my addiction has not and will not disappeared.  It’s my Achilles’ tendon.  I must persist in my efforts and in my prayers to keep my area of weakness well protected.

Through the years of struggle, my hundreds of failures to quit have produced almost as many new ideas on ways to motivate myself to quit.  Some examples include:
1. After a relapse, I’d beat myself in one leg until it went numb.
2. I’d punish myself from something I enjoyed, such as TV or video games.
3. Immediately afterwards I’d write a letter to myself describing the way I felt (This was actually a worthwhile idea.  It’s important to have something to remind you how awful the depression state feels even after you’ve passed through it)
4. I’d find rewards to give myself for reaching a porn-free goal (success here was never permanent)
5. Computer software that blocks adult sites (There’d always be some reason to bypass this)
6. I’d go for a run or hang with friends when I felt tempted.  (Unfortunately, this only postponed, rather than canceled an inevitable relapse)

There’s one critical element that was missing through all my attempts to quit.  It’s the genuine and complete absence of a desire for porn.  Here’s the plan I’ve used to reach that point:

First, I removed access to the internet from my apartment.  I left my modem in my locker at school so that if I had an urge, it would require a great deal of effort and time to get the internet going again.  Now, the only place I can get on the internet are in very public places, such as my medical school, the lobby of my apartment complex, or a Starbuck’s.  None of which are options.  I know that because of today’s ease of porn access, there’s no way to make it completely unavailable; however, one can make it less convenient.  More importantly, I understand that this solution doesn’t kill the addiction at the roots.  That’s why it’s only the first step.

Second, a point of much debate in this blog, involves how to deal with masturbation.  Do I think it would be ideal to completely cut masturbation? Probably.  Do I think that cutting masturbation for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the reboot process is important? Absolutely.  But after a couple of weeks, I’ve found that masturbating on a very regular and preplanned schedule provided the best opportunity for success.  I started out waiting ten days but now I have reduced it to five days.  It’s like Little Red Riding Hood finding the soup that’s “just right”.  Wet dreams are annoying, and I’m convinced that there must be some benefit to flushing the pipes.  Also, I’ve found those masturbation sessions far more enjoyable than the post-porn sessions.  I might note, the situation in the past that resulted the most often in porn relapse occurred when I decided it was time to masturbate without porn; however, I almost always ended up walking over to the computer for a bit (ended up being a lot) of help.  Breaking that train of thought has been an important step.

Third, find an accountability partner (preferably another understanding guy).  For a long time, I’ve known that working on this step would be tremendously beneficial.  I think that the fear of talking about this to someone has been another motivation for me to stay away from the places I shouldn’t go.  Also, this blog, filled with folks struggling with this same issue, has provided a sort of accountability group.  For this reason, I’m extraordinarily grateful to you all.  However, if I were to relapse at this point, I would need to find an actual mentor to be accountable to.

Fourth, every time I find myself alone with my computer in a place with internet access, I try to read a few of these blogs, just to serve as a reminder of the importance of staying on track.

Fifth, although I know that many of you come from varying religious/spiritual backgrounds, I’ve found Christ’s love to be imperative in my recovery.  Everyday I try to draw closer to the God.  I encourage you to read the following “Lord’s prayer” with special emphasis on the last fourth and fifth line:

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Amen.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, I’ve only been able to find success in this fight by no longer wanting to look at porn.  In the past, every time I’d try to quit, I could always here that voice deep down saying: “you know you’re gonna do it again”.  That’s who I’ve had to defeat.  It’s not a solo mission either.  Accountability partners and Christ are about the only folks who will fight alongside you.

I don’t expect this addiction to ever go away.  All of us guys are supposed to be addicted to girls.  It’s the way we’re wired.  We just have to maintain control.

As a final note, I just want to reemphasize how beneficial this blog is.  I greatly appreciate the tremendous amount of support I’ve received from your stories.  Also, I think that we all can agree that porn and excessive masturbation are a problem that leads to ED.  For this reason, in my opinion, I think it’s good to focus on helping each other through this, rather than focusing on specific and inconsequential issues such as specific neurotransmitters and brain plasticity that play a role in porn addiction and ED.

Thanks again for your support!
-Fellow Fighter
I'm flatlinig. I was offered to be introduced to some really gorgeous girls, but I' still worried that my ED is not going to be resolved. I'm also, in a sense, with no desire, or libido, even "knowing" that I want to meet new girls. Any advice on new relationships while in the beginning of the recovery? Thanks
I am on day 61 and like you wonder this is working or not and how much longer it will take. I have tried to masturbate a few times and it was not too good. I have been tempted to try porn just to see if things still work. Since I quit porn I have had 0 libido and dead Dxxx.
Since I am 100% sure porn on the internet is the cause of my ED and loss of normal sex as I have had in the past.
I want this to work and I will have to take it on faith that this will work. I will try to do the best job possible to get this done in the shortest time possible. As for right now I feel like **** and see no progress but I guess that is how the reboot works.
I would like to hear from some of the guys who succeed how they handled road during it,s darkest days.

I'm waiting for the dude who posts saying.."It worked..."  and talk about the key issues that were surpassed...That will give me confidence...
Well I can say it's been 30 days for me so far and almost everyday I feel like I have no libido. However, my gf came over today and I was getting erections like crazy. Erections from kisses, hugging, cuddling, foreplay, etc. We didn't go for sex though. She doesn't want sex till marriage which I am fine with, no big rush for me LOL. I just pleasure her for an hour or so if you know what I mean. So, what I'm trying to say is don't worry about your libido. Trust me, your erections are improving and your libido and confidence is increasing
Ya I am also so focused right now it's crazy. Yes, I do have a gf in my life, and she has been incredibly understanding and supportive. She has made the process easier on me, because I don't want to disappoint her.

The cause of my relapse was finding out from one of my friends that a girl we know did an amateur porn, and as much as I fought the urges I gave in and watched the video, maturbated to it....and IMMEDIATELY felt like ****. Guys, the feeling after the relapses sucked, but the no PMO process DOES work. I get decent erections just hugging my gf, and I actually had a powerful orgasm dry humping my gf last night. The feeling after that orgasm was the opposite of how I felt after my relapse: I felt awesome! It made me realize how stupid excessive masturbation to porn is compared to real life sexual activity.
Wow Love-A-Challenge, how F'n strange is it that in the past week as we try to fight this horrid addiction we were faced with ecaxtly the same exact temptation from hell. As I posted earlier last week as I was on day 10, a co-worker of ours young daughter popped up on girlsdoporn. And as soon I was given the link I went and saw the trailer, pulled my credit card out to purchase the website. Even pulled my pants down. I don't really know how, honestly, but just got up to the kitchen. 20 minutes later i took a shower and masterbated in the shower twice. If not for masterbating (masturbating) in the shower twice, I would have been on that site all night. I considered that a victory. As I have posted before, quitting masterbating (masturbating) and masterbating (masturbating) to porn all together was not an option for me. I tried it in december and my body and mind was out of whack. I just masterbate now. The recovery time might be longer, as I'm hoping it is, but I am committed to this.......... Prior to masterbating (masturbating) to porn and the addiction that followed for 7 years, i was 30. masterbate all the time and have occassional sex, and was hard and ready for each of those sexual experiances. Broadband internet and sitting in front of the computer masterbating (masturbating) to porn and pictures of swinging couples for hours on end ruined my sex life......I need to get back to where I can masterbate like a regualr guy(not to porn) and still be able to have sex like a regualr guy.............. Guys it might not be for you, it might be just for me. But this is just a thought. If you feel your going to give in to masterbating (masturbating) to porn, run to the bathroom and masterbate reguarly. It has helped me, it really has. Heres the kicker, when I masterbate regualry now, even after taking a sneak at a porn video or two. I fanatasize and masterbate to my owns exual exploits and not thr thought of some porn video I saw. And that just happens naturally.........
Guys, I have just M, but with no porn! Is that an achievement? or should I be disappointed with myself?  
It's an accomplishment and a set back. It's an accomplishment that you manage to masturbate without porn. It's a set back because when you masturbate while you're trying to recover, you are keeping your dopamine and prolactin levels out of wack. In other words, you may be fine right now masturbating without porn but eventually you're gonna feel the need to look at some porn. This is similar to alexdallas right now...

Alexdallas, right now you don't realize all the masturbating you're doing has your mind fighting the urge to watch some porn.

The both of you need to stay away from porn and masturbation for a good 60 days straight so you can feel the difference in your body. I assure you're going to eventually feel that masturbation and watching porn is not that necessary.

Yesterday, like I said up above, I spent the day with my gf and I was all over her like white on rice. And she was very beautiful to my eyes. This is after 30 days no PMO. I assure you if I was still PMO'ing I would have not act the way I did yesterday. TMI but I orally pleasure her for like an hour and she loved it. The old me PMO so much that I had a very small desire to give oral; I rather lay back and let a woman do me. Sounds selfish right??? Well, watching excessive porn makes you want to use women. Masturbation makes you feel like a woman can't stroke your penis the way you like. Take away these two factors and you will soon start to appreciate a woman more. You will look forward to her touching you, kissing you, being close to you and loving you.
I'm a healthy 25 year old. No health issues, i workout 3-4 times a week, cardio and weights. Just recently quit smoking. A little history about me. I started looking and using  porn to pleasure myself around age 17 and have used it consistently since then (1-2 times a day). I only used porn to masterbate. I have never felt an urge to watch porn, or a craving for it. I have never thought about it while doing something else such as being out with my friends or workingout. I have never choose it over doing something else (going out with my friends etc.). It's just a daily habit i fell in to. Recently i started dating this girl and we have had sex 4 times (keep in mind that i have never had a consistent sexual relationship, i have had sex before but not consistently with the same girl). So when we have sex and do foreplay i get hard but im not 100 percent hard. When we have sex, its hard enough to do it and im able to ejaculate but i know its not as hard as it could be. I'm lasting about 10-15mins. Also, i would like to point out that everytime we have had sex, alcohol has been involved. 2 times pretty heavy alcohol and 2 times pretty moderate but more than just a few. Also, its always been really late at night after a i've been for a long time. I have really long days during the week like 18-19 hours days because of my work schedule and commute. I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep so im not getting anywhere near the amount of sleep i should be getting. I came across the porn and ed topic last friday and havent watched porn or masterbated since then. I dont know if my problem is related to my watching porn history, or my lack of sleep and my body just being physically tired. Its not that my girlfriend doesnt do it for me. I can remember times in the past where i was fully hard just from her laying next to me while we watched a movie or tv. She has noticed that its not fully erect and has asked me of its her and that makes me feel terrible because its not her at all. I am so attracted to her and love everything about her. So my main question is does this sound like it could be porn ed related, or it just lifestyle factors that are bringing this on? I can remember in recent weeks i have gotten hard with just thinking about us having sex. This is just making my head spin because i really like her and i dont want something like this to ruin our relationship. I would appreciate any thoughts, comments or similar experiences.
Questions:
Did you have ED?
If so was it while masturbating also?
To the people wondering if abstaining from porn works:

It did in my case. I feel back to a normal healthy guy again, for the most part. Sex with my gf is great and I can't remember the last time I lost it with her. I've been avoiding porn for a couple months for the most part, just had a small relapse a few days ago but restarted my tracker. However, I don't feel back to square one, in fact I feel just fine, and sex is also going great still.

It definitely worked for me.

Cms consider your self really lucky at age 25 finding this form. At 25 you should be rock hard anytime you are within 25 feet of any woman you MIGHT have a chance to have sex with. A long time ago when I was 25 I worked very long hours 12 16 hours and drank heavily all the time and still could get rock hard anytime there was a chance for sex. Back then the only porn was mags and 16 mm films both were hard to come by.
  You have a lot of work to do. Read the post of guy like you and all the related sites. There is a lot of information here to help you understand this problem.
And to finally answer your question, you have been affected by your porn addition or use. The good news is you can fix this.  Be aware that watching porn will also influence how you interact with women. The women in porn are not real. The real women in you life are 100 times better.
Any UK Guys might like to know that on satilite tv 4.20am friday morning there is a programme on called "Webporn, Any harm?"

Im on my week 6 with no PMO. Have now noticed I am needing much less sleep and feeling very motivated each day but still no libido. I am not expecting any quick fix as I have been addicted to porn for at least 20years.
to whom it may concern,

good luck to you..i understand exactly, my boyfriend has been using porn for a crutch for our sexual satisfaction..im so glad i found this forum as well..at least i was able to confront him with this problem...
This forum has complete changed my perspective - thank you all!

I'm a 29 year old male who has used the net for PMO for roughly 15 years, and I have been and still am affected by my habits. In previous relationships I've hid my use of either Viagra or Cialis as I was embarrassed at the thought of my partner ever learning that I required their use, but felt obligated to take them to properly perform. I rarely, if ever, experience morning arousal any more, and while it is possible for me to M without the use of visual aids, it is significantly more difficult to get aroused and I derive far less satisfaction from it.

With my current girlfriend things are typically not problematic as I've had with previous partners, but I still notice that even when I'm exceptionally turned on, if the slightest thing happens - such as lack of contact for anything over a few seconds, or performing at an awkward angle - my arousal plummets.

Only today have I learned that porn-induced ED is an actual condition, and the ability that subjecting oneself to continuous can seriously impair and numb one's brain. I found this article in particular rather insightful:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem

After reading through countless helpful posts on here, I decided to join the community and hold myself accountable for staying away from synthetic forms of excitation.

Here we go: day 1.
If you are trying to reboot yourself, is it a good idea to engage in sexual activity with your girlfriend? That way your mind will become more familiar with the new way your heading and what it feels like? Just a thought, would like to hear opinions.
http://yourbrainonporn.com/age-21-sex-with-girlfriend-may-have-slowed-reboot-ed
In this post, there's a guy saying that sex slowed him down on recovery. But I think it's worth it. After all, we're doing this reboot mainly to better our sex lives. If you think you're gonna resist the chaser effect afterwards, sure, go for it. Hope I helped.
So I'm approaching day 20, which is a victory in itself. The temptation is there everyday. I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it. Had sex last night with a nice girl, I was very erect as she performed oral, but it went down as soon as she stopped and had to jerk myself to stay erect; And even that erection only lasted 5 minutes or so. I have been masterbating (masturbating) everyday since i cut the porn off. Maybe 2-4 times a day. Funny thing is last year, if I took 4-5 days off from masterbating (masturbating) cause I knew I had a sexual encounter coming up, during the sexual encounter I could get and sustain a very respectable erection( not the like before I had my M2P addiction) but a pretty good one, where I want to ejaculate immiedetly.................... And I wish I could do that now, but since I cut off the M2P, I just need the constant release. I'm not sure if it's taboo to say this or unhealthy, but I love porn. Not all of it, but like casting couch porn, humiliation, porn.......I really do. But I know it's unhelathy for me in terms of sexuality. I mean I functioned fine masterbating (masturbating) to porn, go to work, etc.......But the inability to maintain and sustain an erection for the past 7 years just was to much. My recovery time might be longer or who knows what it will be cause I still masterbate. But Masterbating (masturbating) to porn I'm certain is what cause my ED and I'm cutting that off......... My goal is to reach the 60 day mark of no masterbating (masturbating) to porn.....If the recovery is not there cause I still masterbate, will we will go from there as far as what to do. But I honestly think that having an addiction where the "drug" is two sided( masterbating (masturbating) and porn) is so easliy accesible (porn)  just dropping it from one day to the next is a very difficult dynamic. Kudos to the guys that can accomplish that. I cut off the porn, but still masterbate. Yes my body and mind yearns for the feel and the rush of masterbating (masturbating) to porn, but I just reason myself to shy away from it. In the past 20 days there have been maybe 50 great and easy oppurtunieties to masterbate to porn, but have not done it. It's getting easier evbery day, but still a battle.
"The temptation is there everyday. I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it."-------- Alex, this is what the devil wants you to do. Right now you're winning but eventually one of the porn videos is going to really get you excited and pull you right back in.

Also, I read your entire post and in my opinion you really  need to stay away from masturbation AND porn for the next 60 days. Your constant masturbating habits are keeping your dopamine/prolactin levels high which explains you are still drawn to looking at some porn or masturbating. If you would have went 19 days without PMO you probably would have had a better and longer lasting erection with the girl.
I would really appreciate your input. What is your take on engaging in sexual activity with a girlfriend while trying to reboot? I've read most of your posts and your advice seems to be really good. I'm feeling good about this process so far, i havent even had the thought of looking at porn or masterbating (masturbating) since i started rebooting a week ago.
I also have a gf but we are not sexually active. We do fool around but we don't have sex and that's because she doesn't want sex before marriage. So in a way that is beneficial for me overcoming my NO PMO habit.

In your case, I guess your gf still wants to have sex. I think AS LONG you stay away from porn and touching yourself you can still recover. After 2 weeks of no PMO, I assure you will experience better erections. You may not experience a full recovery but you will see and feel the difference which will give you the indication that no PMO is working for you.

Try to not engage in sexual activity with the girl for 2 weeks so you can in fact see that no PMO is working for you...
also, don't worry about your sex libido. Your penis will get erections when it's time to... I notice on this forum a lot of males worry about spontaneous erections and their libido.
Thanks for your input i really appreciate it. Yea i had planned on no sex for atleast 2 weeks. I have just been bummed and freaked out ever since starting this process. I feel so much better about myself not watching P and Ming. I was just freaking out that now i might not be able to get it up at all with my girl. Last night i got an erection just from us kissing in the car and actually woke up this morning with semi morning wood, so that was a total confidence boost for me. Again thanks for your advice, means alot. If you have anything else you want to add, please dont hesistate.
Hey everyone, im a 20 yr old male who recently had a sexual encounter with 2 females but was unable to keep an E this was my first time having sex in a good while and caused me to panic. I started looking for what the issue might be and eventually found this sight. I have been masturbating to porn since i was about 15 and seem to have all the problems as the people in this chat room. I have completely stopped looking at porn (something tried before but unsuccessfully, which caused me to feel like ****) for 7 days now. It seems it will take about 6 weeks to fix this which seems like forever. Plus i suspect another sexual encounter in about 2 weeks. What exactly can i expect by then if i continue with no Porn or Masturbation by then?
" I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it."
"I was very erect as she performed oral, but it went down as soon as she stopped and had to jerk myself to stay erect"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I'm wrong forum members "fire at will"

Alex the porn you are watching has and still is altering your brain & you are still masturbating just not while watching porn.  Having to jerk yourself in an attempt to stay hard means you are still suffering from the PMO condition.

You have to banish porn like it is poison.  Its like at person who smokes crack stopping and then sniffing coke.  They are still a slave of the same addiction.  

I'm telling you, YOU CAN STOP you have to dig in deep and find the will power within you.  I used to masturbate like I needed it to live, now I hardly think about it.  I look back and wonder why I was so damned hooked on it.

I've had sex a few times since my reboot and its totally different now.  I had an excellent encounter with this very sexy young lady and afterwards my head was spinning from the release.  I had not felt that sensation in YEARS!!!!

Its important that we understand that this is an addiction and we are going to try to psyche ourselves out to be able to give in to it.  

I used to masturbate at least EVERY night before falling asleep for years and I stopped cold turkey.  In the beginning I was tempted but I resisted.  Now I don't even think about it because I know the dark side of doing it.

I'm 45 years old and I had a F&^#ing wet dream 2 weeks ago I seriously was like WTF!!!!!!  I had not had one in so long I can't remember.

Rebooting WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe love_a_challenge and GhostDog were correct in their statements above, alexdallas. While it may be unnervingly difficult to refrain from P entirely, it will be absolutely necessary to speed the process along. Being subjected to porn will still have effects on your levels of dopamine and prolactin, which are the very things you're trying to abstain from affecting.

The neural pathways associated with them will not be weakened or diminished unless you remove the agent that is sharply promoting their presence, namely P. While you continue to view P, your brain will continue to be used to its sensory overload, and therefore numb the receptors, which is what you're trying to avoid.

In other news, I've passed the 24 hour mark and while I'm proud of it, I know that the most difficult aspects are yet to occur. The longest I can recall having gone without PMO in 15 years was just under a week (I wasn't trying to refrain for addictions reasons, just curiosity. The dreams were amazing.).

I have noticed that sexual imagery is nearly everywhere, be it magazines or television shows. Sex really sells, and while in a stage of refraining one begins to really notice just how prevalent it is. Having said that, this won't fix itself. It's up to me, and there's no turning back.
I'm starting to believe that as NO PMO increases, the desire to please your gf/wife increases and the desire for your gf/wife to please you balances out.

When I use to watch porn so much, I believe it made me feel like a woman really needs to service me in the bedroom just to make me happy. Now I feel like it's not that important for my gf to service me in the bedroom mainly because I really love to service her.

Too much porn watching makes us degrade women.
5 days clean from my relapse, I'm on day 69 of my reboot journey. The chaser effect was kinda brutal for 2 days, but I fought off the urges and now I'm back to feeling AWESOME. It's incredible, for years I felt depressed and helpless in my life, for no reason at all. As soon as I stopped porn, it was like an enormous weight was lifted from my mind. I feel confident, strong, a desire to connect and make friends with everyone I talk to. It's truly incredible. Porn is manageable to some, but to many that got hooked at a young age like I did, I feel it is a poison that only corrupts your mind and body. Good luck to everyone in their battle with the addiction.
Hey guys, I've been clean for a few weeks now and it is way easier to get an erection now that I've been clean. I was wondering if it would be alright to masturbate to women who have clothes on, or does that count as P. Would it be OK if they were not doing seducing actions, shaking their butt, or playing with their boobs etc, but if they are just regular "clothed" women.

THANKS!  
Since you're on roll, try not masturbating at all. Just don't touch your penis. Get you a nice girlfriend or start dating someone special. But if you do masturbate, the best solution is not to use anything at all because you are using visual stimulation to reach your orgasm. And that's not how it is with a real woman...
Alright thanks for the help :)
I have a question relating to this. I haven't masturbated in a little over a week and if i were to do it now i know the images of porn will still be in my mind even with nothing playing or any pictures is masturbating this way as harmful as what dhbdman suggested?
In my opinion, if you're going to masturbate, try to think of a normal woman you would like to be with and think of normal sexual activity with that woman. If anything, picture the woman playing with your penis. That's normal right? Or picture her on top of you and kissing you. That's normal right?

Overall, this is what I suggest if you choose to masturbate but my real suggestion is to try to refrain from masturbation completely. I know this sounds hard and it is a challenge for me too. But I really do feel like a new man, a normal man who doesn't masturbate... And I definitely feel a change in my sex libido when I'm around my gf. When I'm by myself I feel like I have no libido. To me, that is normal because if I'm not engaging in any sexual activity, why would I feel my libido kicking in? It shouldn't unless I am having sexual thoughts or watching some sexual material.

As of right now, I love my new life ( no masturbating and no porn watching). I gave my gf oral pleasure for almost an hour the last time she saw me. This was my first time doing that. I never got bored or tired of pleasing her. I believe no PMO definitely contributed to the change.
posting this again.. i posted it in the wrong forum..

hello everyone, i am 24 years old, and i probably started this addiction when i was 14..  the very first time i tried to quit, i actually managed to stay away from porn over a month and about 24 days without Masturbating... i can honestly say that it was really working for me.. i was actually getting easily aroused by the thoughts of women i been involved with..  sadly i relapsed.. this was earlier this year..  and 5 days ago i quit for the second time.. but this time my motivations are very strong.. i actually started dating a girl who is totally worth the effort.. and not only this.. i just know that my life is going to get 10x better...  i haven't talk about this with her.. with anybody actually..  but i just know that the root of my problem was the pornography.. one day i managed to touch myself like 6 times.. and i knew it was wrong.. im done with that crap..

I have a good job.. i been working out lately.. my food habits are changing.. im not just only quitting the PMO.. im changing my life style for good.

i will use this forum as a support group since i have seen a lot of people using it,  im really glad i found this..

I will be checking on the forums a lot to get support and give support.. also i will keep posting my progress.

Stay away from this addiction!

Peace all!
Bravo!! Sounds like you're on the right track Bro.
I've experienced the similar changes myself.
From my earlier comments of " I watch porn to take on the beast head on". Honestly, it's part of my healing process, it might not be for you, but it's worked for me. Beating my masterbating (masturbating) to porn addiction is part beating the addiction itself and part being able to eventually have a great sex life again. I don't sit there and watch porn for minutes on end or hours on end. To be frank, I will skim xhamster a few times a week. This week, think i watched it for 5-10 minutes 3 times. Not a feeling at all to pull my pants down and go at it. This is what I think, if I had gone 30-40 days without watching anytype of porn and the curiosity was just building in me, I would have logged on to one of my fav tube porn sites and likely masterbated to porn. This way, I skim it and get it out of the way. That has worked for me. Again, from what I have read in these posts, most of the motivation seems to be to stop the addiction to be able to have greats sex again. Yes I want that also, but I just want the addiction over and done with so that cloud of being a M2P addict is over and done with....... I'm a little differnt also in my ED problem. If I refrain from masterbation (masturbation) for a period of 3-5 days, I can have a great erection, sustained and lasting. Did it 3 times last year, and worked evey time. The problem was porn and masterbation (masturbation) was just something I had to have and could not go 12 hours without it. It was a horrid, horrid, addiction..............As I have posted beofre, I just masterbate regualry, one or two times a day, depends on what I'm feeling........It's along and slow process. I'm not looking at it as I need to get to day 60 so I can **** like an animal again( sure that would be fun). I'm looking at it as a life change over the years to end this addiction of 7 years. Sitting in front of the computer masterbating (masturbating) to porn 1-2,3,4 hours a day. Screw the messed up sex life, I'm pushing beyond that. As I'm working to overcome this addiction I realise how much time I lost to the addiciton....20 days clean and going strong.
I read your posts and I'm not trying to talk you out of your approach to curing yourself but I don't see how you are conquering this process. You say you are 20 days strong but you are still looking at porn everyday, whether you're skimming or not. As of now, it doesn't seem like you can go days without looking at porn, whether you call it attacking the beast or not. And it seems like you can't go without masturbation for days too.

I'm also letting you know months ago I tried your approach and it worked for a while until I messed around and gave into masturbating to porn all because one day I stumbled across a porn video that really caught my interest. Your method is not designed to last forever.
hi
ive been PMO since i was about 9 didnt really think anything ov it until the last few weeks n i  found this site about half an hour ago ive got quite a dilema coz ive just started to go to the gym to get myself bak in shape and take my mind off it but i always look at pictures of really fit women to keep me motivated to get in shape n as im sure u can guess it leads to quite abit ov PMO and at the moment im more intrested in getting into shape agen any tips ?
Anything that is making you want to PMO you should stay away from for several weeks until you feel you have self-control over the matter.
Good AM/PM i just want to ask for those who have ED like me, how erect is your penis when you force it to stand? Is it erect straight or it is slightly curved? and how does it stand? sorry for my grammar, im not good in english. thank you.
I believe I'm on day 3 now (and so many more to follow) and still with a strong resolve. I've found myself increasingly thinking about P and have decided that the trick is not willpower but rather setting up one's life such that it's difficult to access porn.

My dreams have been, unsurprisingly, more erotic lately and I had the first morning erection I can recall having in quite some time, which is a great sign.
The advice in this forum works however i disagree that porn is the culprit. I too have been using porn and mb and got this ed too. I followed the advice on this form thanks to all and it worked mine wad fixed in 2 months. A thought of having sex gives me instantaneous erection it dies off when i stop my fantasy.
The true culprit to this is the too much masturbation and orgasm. I strongly will single orgasm out. Too much of it will reduce ur testosterone level and that leads to soft erection.
I watch porn again but no MB nor orgasm, and infact i dont get full erection to the porn unless i put my mind to it as in fantasizing about the scene. Porn alone is not harmful i know many of u will doubt it; however it might and will probably make some people relapse thats the only harm it does.
Now PMO is ba d bcos it makes u crave for more hardcore scenes i've done that so i know what it can do to an individual. If u cannot control the urge dont watch porn else u will relapse. Porn alone will not decentralize anybody. Its the truth and i have experimented it. Just dont MBO to porn.
You don't believe porn is the main culprit??? Okay, do this....

For the next 60 days, watch porn every day (no masturbation) and see how you treat and look at women on a daily basis, as sex objects or as women. See if you can remain faithful to one women vs. the need for a selection of women. Porn gives us the ability to switch screens from one woman to another which means this will make it hard for you in real life to be satisfied with one woman. Therefore, if you are not satisfied in the mind with one woman, your desire to continuously have sex with her will decline, which means your ability to keep/sustain erections will decline.

Watching excessive porn is just as dangerous as masturbating to porn.

Also, I tried your method before (no masturbating to porn). All it did was eventually made me go back to masturbating to porn. All it did was keep me thinking about sex all day long and getting it from whomever wants to open their legs. All it did was keep me looking at 2 people have sex as if this is a normal thing to do. All it did was make me lose my excitement the 2nd time around having sex with a woman. It was like once I got it, I didn't care for it anymore. Porn turns you into a sex hunter. Porn will make you think about cheating more in your relationship. Porn will make you ask your gf/wife to do abnormal sexual things a normal woman wouldn't do like asking her if you can bust on her face.

Bottomline, porn will eventually ruin your relationship/marriage.Porn will make you feel like your gf/wife is not doing enough to satisfy in the bedroom. Porn will eventually make you masturbate to porn again. Porn will make you not appreciate the beauty of regular women. Porn will make you think your gf/wife is not attractive enough. Porn will fukkkkk up your mindddddd!!!!!!

Porn is the culprit!!!!!!
I would highly recommend that you view the following video series in its entirety:

http://yourbrainonporn.com/your-brain-on-porn-series

Historically speaking, video porn- with multiple tabs/videos open, all fast-forwarded to your favorite, most intense moments, all with the girls you find to be the most absolutely attractive- operates on the basis of providing the greatest dopamine rush possible. This is a far cry from static porn, e.g. Playboy, in that it is too easily customizable and extreme. Given that we've only had access to a this type of stimulation for a few decades, it short circuits the wiring that we've evolved to have over hundreds of thousands of years and etches new channels with which dopamine can (erroneously) travel.

Put simply, video porn is a relatively new phenomenon that we are incapable of safely processing.
I think everybody has different opinions, facts, theories, etc...... The only true fact that I know is constant masterbation (masturbation) will hinder your sex life as it has to me the past 7 years. I have 22 gone days without masterbating (masturbating) to porn. The longest I had gone before that was 14 days in Decmember and I was a terrible wreck, almost suffering withdraw symptoms(7 years of non sop masterbating (masturbating) to porn in front of the screen was not easy to stop cold turkey). This time around I'm more focused and motivated. I put myself on a program that I'm going to keep to. The most important one was starting to be Masterbation2Porn free on January 1st. That was a tremendous Psychological asset. Starting the new year off porn free. As I have said before, I still masterbate. In the shower, in bed, etc...... I still watch porn, just clips here and there. This past week watched it 3 times for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time. Did my body want to masterbate to it, yea, of course. But My mind is programmed not to give in to it. Si, I didn't and I wont. And as I mentioned this past week, I watched the porn to see how my body and mind would react, how I could handle it. Was I turned on by watching it, sure I was. But not an inclination to masterbate to it.It's my way of overcoming the addiction. PORN will always be around, weather I'm home, on a business trip, etc....... I don't want to be scared of it if I come across it. If I come across porn 1 month, 4 months down the line, I'm going to say to myself, hey theres porn. I use to masterbate to that all the time. Now it's just something to watch like a regular guy. I'm a recovering poen2masterbation addict. Again, to get to 40-60-70-80-90 days of bring porn2masterbation free, being free of not being in front of the computer for 1-2-3-4 hours a day masterbating (masturbating) to porn is going to be a lifestyle, life changing event for me. This is what I am realising. The constant and sustained erections when they come, that's going to be even greater. But I have realised it's not my only motivation. Being free of the masterbating2porn addiction and all the time, oppurtuneites, etc..... it has taken from me, and trying to make up for those losses is just as important.............. So guys, find your strengths, your motivations, the dynamic that will get you away from sitting in front of the computer masterbating (masturbating) to porn. Start from day one, start from zero. I did.......

Ok so saturday night sex.......   Actually 2 dates on this night. Since I'm starting to build confidence that I can get, and sustain a respectable erection 21 days free of masterbating2porn( mostly because of the intense morning wood I now get that I have not had inmmaybe 8 years), I thought why not try and have 2 sex dates on the same night........ 1st date: Drinks and to a hotel. Mind you i masterbated 3 times in the shower after work on Friday night, needed the release after a long week. So, the great detail here is I stayed erect while she performed oral for at least 10 minutes. That NEVER hapened during my porn2masterbation addiction( execpt for
the few times last year where I refrained to masterbating (masturbating) to anything for upcoming sex dates last year)........ So the sex was good, maintained respectable erections for 10-15 minutes the first time, then again a 2nd time. Had to jerk myself in between to get erect, but again I masterbated all week and had masterbated 3 times the night before. Had a great orgasm to finsh. Not this is not what I call a complete victory in over my porn induced ED, but I was pleasently surprised that i satyed so hard during oral and the sex was pretty good, not great. Let's just say the first date sex Saturday night gave me  just a small taste of what eventuallly cleaning my life of masterbating2porn will reward me with.

Date 2: Ok, she's a FWB: Very pretty, great body. She's on sitting on the couch and were having intercourse, it's good, I have a nice erection. But I catch a glimpse of her heels as I'm having intercourse, her feet are on the floor but shes sitting on the couch. I'm in the middle on my knees. But as soon as i saw her heels, My erection went from a 80% to a full 100%. That was just a pure natural turn on and it made me more erect. I'm attributing that to being free of porn2masterbation. Something as simple as seeing her sexy heels and feet planted on the ground as were having intercourse completly made me even more erect.So, that went on for 20 more minutes.
Went to the bed and had nice intercourse again, good erections, not great, had to jerk myself after I ost my erection to get hard then orgasmed. So, It's awork in progress I told myself........But this morning, wow. Woke up with morning wood, I felt it. I turned around and we were going at it like for 15 straight minutes. I had a full erection for at leat 15 minutes. And this is a night after 3 orgasms with 2 differnet girls and maybe 2 hours of sex. To wake up and be that ahrd, and have sex and stay that hard. Not that I needed anymore confidence and motivation that I have stopped masterbating2porn, but it just reaffirms my position that I'm not going back to it.....Friday Night I have a sex date witha gorgeous older lady who I saw maybe twice last year. The sex was good, but I had to have really quick pounding sex with her so that I could stay hard. I was lucky that both times we met, she orgasmed pretty quick. So losing my erection after 5-10 minutes was not an issue. But man, i was tired. So after I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to be masterbation (masturbation) free until my date with her Friday night. As I have mentioned in the past, If I can go 4-5 days without masterbating (masturbating) period, I can get and sustain some pretty good erections. This Friday it will be be 25 days of no masterbating2porn and 5 dyas of no masterbation (masturbation). I'm very intrugied to see what the results will be. Will let you guys know.....Keep up the fight, find your avenues to stop masterbating2porn.
You still don't realize you are addicted to watching porn. You are telling yourself you can't go at least 30-60 days without looking at it. Yes we know PORN is here forever but what everyone on this site is doing is staying away from porn for several months JUST to prove we are not addicted to watching it.

We are also staying away from masturbation for several months JUST to prove we are not addicted to doing it. In my opinion, I don't think a normal man masturbates 2-3 times a day.

Yes, you are seeing results with your method but your results would probably triple if you just stay away from masturbation and porn for a couple of months.

You know, another bad thing about porn is that it makes you bored with having sex with the same person. You had great results with both your dates because your dopamine rushes were skyrocket high due to the anticipation of having sex for the 1st time with your date. On  your 2nd date, your dopamine rush will not be as high as the 1st time.
Well, it's incredible that even though I wrote so much in my last blog, I wasn't able to answer those questions.  Thanks for bringing them up.

Fortunately, I never advanced to full-fledged ED; however, thanks in large part to this forum, I've been able to recognize where the path I was walking on would've taken me.  It wasn't difficult for me to realize that my decisions were having a negative impact on my confidence and they were changing the way I looked at girls.  Also, my judgement seemed clouded and I felt helpless because of my weakness.  All of that combined with rapidly progressing desensitization would surely put me on a path that would end, at best, with ED.
alexdallas,
For the most part, I agree with love_a_challenge.  There's just a bit more I'd like to add.

First, you're taking such a timid approach to fighting this, that I'm having a hard time understanding how you can call it a "fight" at all.  Please allow me to explain in an analogy:
Imagine there's an apple tree growing in your front yard.  One day, you woke up and decide: "I hate apples".  Your solution would be like going out to the apple tree, picking a few apples, and throwing them into the street.  What I would suggest would be to cut down the tree and poison the roots.
I don't know how you think you can reach any sort of goal by handling things the way you are because it seems like you're just slowing the process rather than turning in a new direction.
Second, this forum seems to be more about rebooting instead of just modifying.  It's for folks who want to benefit by becoming cleaner mentally, rather than just making sure things are in order for the next "date".  Many of us are focused on improving a relationship we actually care about.
Third, I realize that all I've seen are a few of your blogs; but, in my opinion, it seems like you're making lifestyle choices that could affect more people than just your friend in your pants.
Fourth, I understand we all have different goals; nevertheless, the steps we need to take to recover seem to be very similar.
To all you who have posted here, this website is a revelation.  On an unrelated internet search (seriously, I was googling song lyrics "girl you gotta watch your health") this came up.

I'm 26 and everything I have read here makes perfect sense as to what has gone on in my sexual life.  I was only able to get it up with a girl the first time I ever had sex.  Every other time has been a failure.  I always blamed it on whiskey **** or whatever else but it's this.

I started M when I was probably about 12 years old but even then it was P-induced.  I remember sitting in a friend's basement with him on AOL checking out random porn and I guess the problem is that even back then at such a young age we were looking at really extreme stuff.  The need for dirtier and dirtier porn has only gotten worse and worse over the years and I can confidently say that I have masturbated virtually every day for nearly 15 years now, usually more than once a day.

I once spent a period of time abroad where I didn't have internet access in the house and would just MO without the P every night before I went to sleep but didn't find it satisfying enough.  I ended up printing out erotic stories and using the literature as my P.  Anyway, I would end up dreaming at night of going on a computer and looking up internet P.  Can you imagine how effed up that is?  My dreams weren't even of actual women or actual contact, it was actually of me sitting at a computer downloading clips of P.  At that point I knew something was majorly wrong but I've never been able to really confront it.

Further to all of this, I smoke cigarettes.  I usually find myself outside having a cigarette (I don't smoke in the house) thinking of sex.  This will lead to PMO and then another cigarette.  Think of the damage I've done to my brain and my libido with this disgusting combination of habits.

And then to take things even a step further and complete the patheticness of the situation, I am overweight and have a small penis.  So imagine all of the lack of confidence issues you guys have in terms of just getting and maintaining an erection, but compound that with just being generally unattractive, obese and a small penis.

Anyway, this seems to get worse and worse and worse but I think reading this last page of comments has really made a difference.  The last time I had sexual contact with a woman was February 2011 and I wasn't able to get it up.  For all of you saying, don't PMO just let your girlfriend/wife touch your penis what are those of us who don't have any female companionship to do?

I know that giving up PMO will mess with everything in my life from sleep patterns to mood to god knows what else but I feel as if there is no other way to relieve the tension of everyday life.  Obviously drugs and alcohol are not solutions to these problems and I should probably quit smoking as not only is it detrimental to my health it is a trigger to PMO.  

In nearly 15 years, the only time I can think of not having touched my penis outside of urination or showering was about a 12 day period on vacation where I was sharing bedrooms with friends and just never had the opportunity.  I know that if I try to go PMO-free I probably won't be able to sleep (I have major insomnia issues and am prescribed sleep meds) and getting necessary sleep is absolutely crucial for my mental health.

At this point I'm just rambling but I really don't know what to do.  I think I should recondition my brain to at least getting back to the point where I use my imagination and not visual stimulation to MO but I actually just did that recently in the bath and found my erection to be completely lacking (I mean like basically soft) and I was imagining a completely filthy scenario involving multiple women.  Is there any hope?

I'm going to stay subscribed to this page and keep reading.  Thinking about throwing away my lube and deleting all my porn but something inside tells me I will just go back to it or end up dreaming of my favorite scenes and having my subconscious populated by these desires.
I see your points on every end, I really do. I respect them.But as I said from the very begining, quitting masterbating (masturbating) to porn and masterbating (masturbating) all together was just not an option for me. This is my way of withdrawing from being in front of the computer masterbating (masturbating) for minutes and hours on end to porn. It was a 7 years addiction. For the first time in 7 years a daily routine of sitting in front of the computer 1,2,3, times a day for extended periods of time masterbating (masturbating) to porn is non-existent. I admit masterbating (masturbating) to porn was an addiction. And I enjoyed watching porn, but since I can no longer masterbate to it, and no longer will, the times I have watched it the past 22 days seemed fruitless. Yea, I get turned on somewhat( as any other guy watching porn), but it's not the same as when I could masterbate to it. Think the longest I have watched it was 10 minutes. So going from masterbating (masturbating) to porn 1,2,3 times a day for a combined 45minutes to an hour, maybe 2 hours, sometimes 4 hours on weekends, to no longer masterbating (masturbating) to porn, and only watched porn itself for a combined half hour the past 22 days; It a tremendous victory for myself. A year ago when I was in the midst of tube porn channels, signing up for free porn trials, just watching as much porn as I can; If you told me that I have come this far in beating this addiction, would never have believed it. It slowly feels like this giant weight off my back is on it's way out. When i wake up with full erections in the morning, as I did 4 days last week, it just reaffirms my knowing that masterbating2porn is something that will no longer control and linger over me. And yes I masterbate, soemtimes once a day, someties twice a day. Have noticed that over the last week, it's more difficult to enjoy it as there's really nothing to think about other then possible future sex dates. The first two weeks when I gave up masterbating2porn think i was masterbating (masturbating) 3-5 times a day, cause my body was asking for that rush of being in front of the computer masterbating (masturbating) to hot porn. But over the past week, the masterbation (masturbation) desire has subsided. But again, this is my avenue of beating the masterbating2porn addiction that so consumed my life for the past 7 years. Words like Dopemine, rebooting,etc,... sure their important and are major factors to consider for anybody trying to get over this horrid addiction; But as i said before, kicking the addiction of masterbating2porn was my complete motivation. The rebooting, dopemine levels, I will let them fall into place as they come. Beating the addiction is my battle. I have gone 22 days straight without being in front of a computer masterbating (masturbating) to porn. It feels dam good and my motivation only grows stronger each day. For you guys trying to beat this thing, it can be done. Find your strengths, set yourself up with some type of program based on your faith, knowledge. It's foolish to think that every guy out there with this consuming addiction can quit cold turkey from one day to the next.
Now that you proved you can go 22 days without masturbating to porn, advance to the next level and prove to yourself you can go 22 days without watching porn. Then 22 days without watching porn and masturbation....

At least set that as your challenge because we all on this forum is trying to stay away from porn and masturbation completely. Yes we all may periodically take a peep at it but to watch porn 2-7 days a week is absurd. Maybe once a week is fine AFTER you recover or reboot. Personally speaking, I would choose once a year because NEVER is too hard to believe.
What you are experiencing in the mind is the "fear of change". Stop pulling up porn sites on your computer and stop feeling on yourself every time you feel the need to ejaculate and God will reward you with a beautiful woman that likes everything about you. I will admit your body is going to go thru some crazy changes while you're recovering but that is apart of the process. The same way people just can't stop smoking crack, cigarettes, etc. is the same reason why porn addicts just can't stop watching porn. But you can do it. Just say to yourself...

1) porn is fantasy
2) normal men do not masturbate everyday
3) my penis is here for penetration, not masturbation

IMPORTANT: STOP worrying about your penis size. STOP touching yourself. HANG OUT with your friends more.

VERY IMPORTANT: Write down everything that will trigger you to watch porn or masturbate and stay away from it. (porn sites, chat rooms, live webcams, dirty magazines, steamy sex movies, etc. ) Visit this forum on a daily basis, re-read the stories. Start exercising more and controlling your eating habits.

Do all this one day God will bless you with the woman you've been waiting for.
hiya im freddy, i am 17 years old and have been masturbating from the age off 13 roughly once maybe sometimes twice a day. Over the past few months i have been expireancing some problems with my penis. I have much weaker erections now than i did a year back and when having sex do not last long at all sometimes only 1 minuite! ive tried cutting down too once or twice a week but it isnt really having any great affect i was wondering if you could give me any advice and either something to take such as medicine, or to eat healthier etc ?.. thankyou
Thanks so much.

The reason I asked is that I suspected you did NOT have ED. I say this because you were able to masturbate a bit, and "recover". Recovery from porn addiction and recovery from porn-induced ED are not the same. Men with ED need to also eliminate masturbation (as much as possible), to fully recover in a reasonable time frame.

I’ve seen few older men (35-50) with porn-induced ED recover nicely with an occasional orgasm, with their wives. But young guys who cut their teeth on Internet porn usually need longer and to be stricter.
Im two weeks into my process and can say i have decided not to masterbate at all. Last night i really REALLLLLYYYYYY wanted to and had the perfect opportunity. Instead i came to this form, read some of the stories and was able to resist. This form really helped and im going to continue to post here. I really appreciate all the stories as they really keep me going. I am fully committed especially since my embarrassing failed threesome two weeks ago which caused me to find this web site. I do have one more question. I was wondering if having sex (roughly around 4 weeks of no P or M) would be possible or be like last time when one of the girls gave me oral for about 5 minutes in which i got a really week erection which went away before we got the chance to have sex. Basically what will my progression be like?  
Welcome to the community! I think it's great that you've come to terms with your situation and are ready to do whatever it takes to fix it. We have comparable experiences, both in terms of current age and duration of using PMO. The road ahead will be tough as hell, and I wouldn't be surprised if all of the side effects of deprivation you mentioned end up happening, but when has it ever been easy to stop something that comprised roughly half of our lives? It certainly won't be easy, but it's absolutely worth its weight ("wait"?) in gold.

I'm still in the midst of my first week and I've been increasingly tempted to M. I think about it constantly before I go to bed which has caused sleeping issues, and oddly enough I find myself wanting to M just to prove to myself how hard I can still get, which would unfortunately defeat the purpose of this whole exercise. Additionally, I've found that I've been checking out women a lot more often than before, which isn't to say that I didn't before (because I did quite a bit), but that I'm finding myself more interested in the particulars of a woman, rather than just thinking "she's hot" like it's a check list. My personal issue with PMO has never involved shame or regret, so it's surprising to start viewing women in a different light.

Tick, tock....
Thanks a lot for your important perspective.  It's true that different situations might call for slightly different solutions; nevertheless, you're right that it'd be absolutely ideal to stay away from all PMO unless with a wife.  I'm confident this should apply to all guys too; and not just to recover from ED, but to experience the self-confidence and improved well-being that comes from escaping the grip of immoral sexuality.

My primary motive in writing the original blog was so it might hopefully shine as a ray of hope for all those guys who are walking down a path that's headed in the wrong direction, as I was, even if it hasn't yet progressed to ED.  Fighting an addiction to pornography is an important part of recovery for everyone; and that's where I thought my experiences would be of the most benefit to others.
Hi, I've just signed up to the forum as I cant believe what I'm reading here. It looks like most of the guys who are posting are younger in years but I'm 48 so thought I'd share some stuff with you all.

I'm 48 but physically fit, play sports and enjoy good health although Ive had diabetes for 25 years. Its well controlled and gives me no issues at all. My main problem over the years has been my sex drive. I'm not going to bore you all with the details but here where I am.

Been married for 20 years but for the past 10 years would rather mastrubate than have sex with my wife.

Started off with sex stories then moved to images, then onto videos, then lesbian sex, then gay sex, then anal, then transgender sex, then live porn, then me broadcasting my cam but not matter how extereme of hard core it got it was never enough. Started having erection issues about 7 years ago but just put it down to diabetes and getting older. I work alone in my office for my own business and can spend all day everyday, if I want, watching porn and mastrubating. And often do. The only days I don't are Saturday and Sundays as Im at home. I'd rather not have sex with my wife over the weekend so I'm fully charged and ready for a 3 or 4 times session on Monday morning. This has been going on for years. To keep my wife happy the odd time we have to have sex I bought some viagra but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I often thought I must be a very virile male having to mastrubate 3 times a day every day just to quench my desires. Then I discovered this forum. I feel a total idiot. Everything thats said on here is me. Ive watched the "Yourbrainonporn" vidoes and I just sat and blushed as the realization dawned on me as to what my situation is.

I cant get hard without porn. I cant get hard without touching. I never now get fully hard and when with my wife even viagra cant get me totally hard. I now know why. Effectively 10 years of porn and mastrubation everyday to more and more extreme porn has killed me.

I don't know why but I just felt I had to tell someone and as I know none of you guys it seemed the best place to start!! Today Ive cancelled my online porn memberships and I'm going to make a monumental effort to stop all this. I know it'll be difficult but having read this stuff on here it has shocked me and scared me into doing something.

I'll not witter on but I just want to say, thanks, and any help you can give will be much appreciated.    

I liked your post a lot. Everyone here is dealing with the same issue - porn addiction. Some are further down the road and now have ED.

It's interesting to see that guys who have no ED problems can sometimes get away with occasional orgasm, whereas those with ED become really frustrated at their progress. Each person needs to find what works for them.

Seeing guys with girlfriend/wives recover more easily leads to the obvious conclusion: connection with the opposite sex is the best medicine, even if it’s just flirting.
Just wanted to give a little inspiration. For anybody doubting this process, stick with it. Im already seeing results in less than 2 weeks. I've gone 10 days with out watching P or MBing. I havent had the thought or urge to watch P or MB. I have had an O in the last few days because my gf gave me oral. I was able to hold an erection the whole time and ejaculate in a reasonable amount of time. I've been waking up with morning wood every so often, its been awhile since thats happened. Also, now im getting hard from just thinking about my gf. One thing that has been difficult is getting my mind off of this problem. When i get an erection with my gf, im thinking in the back of mind, is it hard enough? is it going to last? Which is not the best things to be thinking. I need to learn to get my mind off of that and focus on my gf.

Stick with it guys, i know its hard but its worth it and you will see results.
Im not exactly new to this forum but I had never signed up to post, but would like to ask a few questions a relate a bit of my story.

Basic background is this:
29, and have severe ED. Never get an erection spontaneously anymore, or morning wood. A couple of years ago, the ED started. First with women, then even when I was watching porn. I can only get an erection by stimulating myself. If i stop masturbating, my erection goes soft immediately.
Went to 3 doctors and a urologist -- did the requisite tests - all checked out fine. Was told it was just a psychological issue. But how could it be psychological if I dont get it up by watching porn.
Anyway, am thinking I have porn induced ED. Have always thought that hardcore porn was pretty damaging in terms of desensitising you to real, normal girls.(morally, its a separate question and have conflicting views).
As you say, wouldnt wanna ban porn, but def dont see hardcore porn as very healthy.
However, your science behind it puts so much more things into place.

Started a reboot 32 days ago. No PMO, to date.
Happy that I have gotten this far, --four weeks no masturbation or orgasm - didnt even know this was possible! but its quite scary.
No erection happening at all - Im aware of flatlining, but its not that my libido is gone - I see girls and I really want them. But I just dont seem to have the ability to get an erection.
On the plus side, I have noticed my flaccid penis seems a little bit bigger. Lots of guys have said this on YBOP, so this gives me hope that Im on the right track.
Im prepared to go for 90 days --longer if needs but only if there are improvements obviously.
What else could it be at age 29 though!??
Here are some of my questions.

1. Have you seen many cases where guys cant even get hard to porn?
I find this very disconcerting. Although I did get morning wood about 2 or 3 times during the first 2 weeks of my reboot (none in week 3 or 4). The fact I got morning wood confirms my medical check out "physically",

2. I know your not a doctor, but I also have another condition where my ejaculate volume is incredibly low. This is not something I have had all my life but again, over the last few years. Could it be a product of generally weak erections?
Docs and urologist say this is entirely separate to ED. Have you ever encountered this with any of the guys on these forums?

3. Although I have completely abstained from PMO, I have on the rare occasion seen a bikini pic of a girl here and there - or searching pics of hot girls on facebook, rap videos, etc.. (i never lingered or indulged and certainly never masturbated to these). Does this set you back significantly?

4. Feel like im in the "void" ive seen you talk about in other posts. Any advice for sticking with it?

5. Have a girl that I see every now and then. Im not going to have full intercourse with her during the reboot - and have done ANYTHING since starting PMO - is it ok for me to give her sexual pleasure (oral etc.) without me receiving..or would this slow the reboot?

Thanks for listening
above, that is I "HAVNT done anything since starting PMO"
So you can get hard with porn, but not without? If so, that's a clear indication that porn is the culprit. Ultimately the only way to know is to reboot.

The other indication is escalation new genres - this  indicates desensitization of the brain.

Stop porn and masturbation and try up the contact with your wife. Doesn't have to be sexual. It's rewirng to the real and away from the artificial.
I know you say you are having progress, but I'm on day 60, and I have gone through every phase from deep deep depression, to happy and confident, to confused, to scared, to completely perplexed on whether or not any of this is working, and it just never stops...

People keep saying stop thinking about your libido, but as a man how can you? How can you ignore the fact that everything, even just the mere thought of a certain woman, or a chick you pass in the elevator for a second used to make you get horny as hell, and now it's all mental horniness (It's like someone telling a joke and a person saying "That's funny" instead of just laffing) Mentally I know what I want, but the disconnect to my penis feeling what my mind feels even at day 60, it's worrisome...I've MB 3 times in 60 days (Twice to test Cialis, 1 because I had raging morning wood and just had to confirm) I just want people to have reasonable expectations, because as good as you may feel day 5, 10, 20, you might feel just that worse, day 30, 40, 50...I can't wait for day 90, because I'm doing this on faith now, and must have something to believe in...

I'd sure like some 90 days guys to come on here and give some uplifting stories for me to look forward too, because the hardest thing about this is having the faith that it's working...

I know PMO is bad..Scientifically based on the dopamine stuff and hell even morally to some extent...But God help me if I didn't feel like a strong viral man while in daily use...Even girls I would mess with who liked porn and watch it with me, i would have undeniably good sex, but like every guy gets I now want to settle down a bit, and I met "That Girl" that I never thought I'd meet, and to disappoint her with this ED $hit was close to life destroying for me...So I understand the otherside wasn't right for me, but I have got to see the gold at the end of this rainbow, and I just want to caution others I guess on early feelings of success, because merry-go-round, honestly...
because *it's* a merry go round, honestly...
I'm 54 and feel much like you.  I've been denying this for a long time, and it's time to face the music as the sex with my wife has been deteriorating for a while.  It's never as good as my fantasy, and my performance goes right out the window.  Love my wife and need to make this work.  She's not big on the foreplay, but likes the act, so I should be grateful-but it means I need to get it hard like before. Actually, she's still pretty hot, but definitely old fashioned  I'm only on day 4, and it's tough, I mean I've been using M as a stress reliever for a long time now, to say the least  Stimulus is everywhere, that's the hardest part.  Hope I see some effect in 3-4 weeks, embarassed to share this, for sure, but relieved to find others in the same situation.
thanks, i'm just getting started and it seems impossible, looking for inspiration wherever I can find it.  
I totally i understand what your saying and im not saying im out of the woods yet. I just wanted to share some success ive had so far in a short period of time for those looking for some inspiration. Who knows if it will keep progressing or not, im just trying to stay positive. This whole thing is a mindfu**. Its always in the back of mind and its really annoying.

Also, what are the sure signs that a PMO addiction is causing a problem? I came across this because i had 2 instances with my gf where i wasnt completely hard. I have no problems getting hard and having an orgasm during sex. I dont know if it was performance anxiety or too much alcohol but it freaked me out. I can get hard just thinking about her and without her touching me. Now its stuck in my mind that its not as hard as it should be.

As far as watching P and Mbing, yea i did alot in my day, thats what most single guys do. However, i never felt like i HAD to watch P or MB, i never chose doing that over other things. I never felt like i had to watch more aggressive porn or anything like that. I always watched the same thing. And once i read about this possibly being the problem, i havent watched P or Mbed, I havent even thought about or had the urge to do either of them.
Ok Guys, I have been reluctant and even scared to a point. But I'm going to try and be masterbation (masturbation) free starting tomorrow. I have gone 25 days without masterbating (masturbating) to porn, but have masterbated constantly. It's to the point where masterbation (masturbation) does nothing for me and I have to fantasize really hard to get turned on. I think this is a good time to try to be masterbation (masturbation) free, that includes not skimming at porn. It's going to be difficult but I really want to try this. I need your advice though. I have sex at least 2-3 times a week, is this going to hurt me, or what effect will it have. The longest I have gone without masterbating (masturbating) was 17 days when I was 18, yes I remember it vividly. But I'm going to try it. Staying away from masterbating (masturbating) to porn was easy cause doing that takes watching the porn, pulling your pants down....But masterbation (masturbation) you can do it anywhere anytime, that's why it concerns me. I'm also going to start a new tracker to be free of masterbation (masturbation), porn, etc..........Please forward any advice that can help me in this attempt. I have confidence cause I have stayed away from masterbating (masturbating) to porn for 25 days, you guys have no idea what accomplishment that was, cause I challenge my addiction was as deep as anybody's here...... Wish me luck, faith!
Once you make it pass 7 days, your body is going to adjust to the change. You won't feel the urge to masturbate like that. Whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH YOUR PENIS, DON'T TEASE YOURSELF by edging. You're going to experience a different type of libido, a normal libido, meaning it's going to feel like you have no libido but you really do.

Confession, I was visiting some forum today and clicked on the girl's name and it led me xxx porn. Satan has so many ways of trying to lure us back in... Anyway, I decided to click on 2 different videos and briefly look at it, probably 1 minute a piece. However, while I looked at it I can feel my libido wanting to kick in and get excited from what I was seeing. To me that was actually good news because that means my brain is re-sensitizing from the past 40-50 days of no looking at porn. The old me wouldv'e looked at the video in boredom and start touching myself just get the full libido effect of the video.

Here is more proof that no PMO is working for me.
Ok, I will give it my every effort, no masterbation (masturbation) starting today..........But as I said, I am still having sex with my FWB............. Not sure how that will play into.... Wish me luck guys..... Also what's PMO? I think I know, but all these acroynms really throw me off......... Maybe we should spell out the acronyms for the new guys and the dumb ones like me.
Good to hear from you. Although I'm 48 I never feel that or indeed act like it! The sex drive thing has always been my downfall but with the advent of the net and every kind of sexual menu only a click away there was never a better time to have a high sex drive, or so I thought!

The good thing about forums like this is that we can say things and reveal things that we wouldnt to our best mate. Its faceless and thats one of the plus points.

We have much in common. My wife is very hot and I am grateful. Like your wife, shes not into foreplay at all, in fact extended foreplay for her is taking her nightie off! But like your wife, she does love the act and once she gets into it loves it but, but, but, she's never had the drive or needs that I have, consequently to have all the other boxes ticked I had to go porn searching and what did it for me got more and more extreme to the extent that I recently have started wondering if I was bi as gay porn in its extreme form was the rush. Having read some stuff on here I know exactly whats going on within me now. The thing that switched the light on for me was one guy saying that he now had to have sex with his wife in a dark room so in his mind she could be anyone that he wanted her to be. Thats me 100%. I look at my wife and think, what could I want more but Ive just let things run out of control thinking I was actually doing her a favour in that I was taking care of my extreme desires on my own and not bothering her. And no matter what, I could find a way of justifying it all. Until now. The fall out has been that we have sex much less often and I make every excuse under the sun not to because I'd rather find something online that excited me than be with her as in my twisted mind I presently think that to be mundane. Sad but true.

I've never felt so ashamed as I did over the weekend when I stumbled across this site. Honestly it was like an arrow to my heart. I now know I'm not alone and the fact I have come to terms with it means I'll do something about it.

Keep in contact and keep me posted as I think we've much common ground.
There is temptation around every corner on the Internet.  Good job on not relapsing.  If I stumble upon some porn I click away as fast as I can.
no PMO means no (porn, masturbation, orgasm)
I want to thank everyone on here. I just registered, however I have been reading the story's that have been posted and I have learned a lot so again I thank you for the opportunity.

I stumbled on the site because I was looking for an alternative. I have quit watching porn before for a month but relapsed and tried to justify it because I wasn't having sex, but in reality porn is very harmful in my opinion to your psyche and physical state. I'm 23 years old and have been watching porn since I can remember. I was introduced to it by my brothers older friends, I remember vividly he would put in his step-dads tapes in the summer time when his parents went to work.

Basically it came to a point that I was watching porn and became so normalized that when I transitioned to having a girlfriend I was unable to preform the way I usual am. It honestly got to the point where I was so worried and sick with the fact that I was so negligent with my body and my mind. I've never really had to battle masturbating in general but its with porn when it becomes deadly combination for me.

So I honestly have no drive to watch porn since the scare and haven't. It's been 2 weeks now and I am happy. I hope it keeps up but I feel a lot better about myself and now that I have a community of people on here I think it will help me with my support system and remember that there are many people fighting the same urge and (in my opinion) disease because I just don't think its right to be doing this.

For the people questioning does it actually work not watching porn and not masturbating being able to get hard and enjoy compassionate kissing, hugging and touching without watching porn yes it does work. It has been only 2 weeks and I woke up with a morning boner and was so happy. I actually get hard again during times your actually suppose too. Its funny how as human beings we take advantage of ourselves and what we possess. And I think that's what I found out that was so important out of this.

I hope everyone continues to fight hard! Thanks for sharing your story's.
TIP: get the tracker. It makes you feel like you're leading by example. Right now I am at 40 days no PMO... I feel like I can't fail me nor you. And it feels good to come to this site to check my tracker and see the number keep going up. I am so focus, it's ridiculous.
how do you get the tracker?
if you mean just posting numbers its been 12 days now since I've done POM
the tracker is listed above in the health tools column, choose all trackers... once you have your tracker and if you need additional help, just send me a private message
I have to agree, the tracker is a simple yet amazingly helpful tool. In addition to other reasons, I most definitely do not want to have to reset any of my progress and have it be known here. If one of us fails, we all sort of do.

On the note of progress, I just hit one week! My dreams are still increasingly sexy, and I've had a few erections after waking. Also, I notice myself wanting to fantasize about women more often, and occasionally indulging in it for a moment or two.

Also, today was the first time that I found myself experiencing thoughts of an addict moreso than ever before. I felt absolutely compelled to touch  myself, felt that it was completely necessary, and felt craved it like a starved animal. Looks like I've entered a phase of withdrawal and my body is trying to put up a fight. But hey, I can't stop now - if for nothing else, I'd have to edit my damn tracker and confess to everyone on here how I'd failed.
Viewing 1401-1600 comments: