Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
I had pretty much the same experience.  When I was with a girl I loved, I was in erection city.  Since then, they seem to fail, because I think there's some trace of guilt associated with me and random sex.  

Now, in my mind, the solution is... A) either don't have sex unless I really think I could love the girl; or, B) make sure that my intentions with the girl are clear, so that I don't feel guilt.  There are many girls out there who are open to having fun, casual sex.  I get the impression that they guilt I feel is not necessary, at times.  Some girls just want to bone, and that's okay.  The key is "intent" and "honesty."  I'm trying to be honest with the girls I meet these days.  If it's just casual, I'll ask them how they feel.  If they're into it, then the sex can be guilt free.  It's when I lure them in with the possibility of relationship, even though I know I don't want one -- the lure that is a LIE -- that my erection fades.  

Inner honesty may be the key to strong boners after all.  Inner honesty may also play a role in the porn addiction issue that we all feel.  It feels wrong, because for most of us, porn is a secret we keep from the world.  In this way, we are doing something that we feel guilty about.  If we were to listen to our conscience more, as cheesy as that sounds, we might be less inclined to watch porn in the first place.

Those are my two cents.  Of course, easier said than done.  

Let's keep up the good work, gents, and keep up our erections!

Was the 100% reversible stated by the site, or was it a quote by a guy? I imagine it was referring to sexual intercourse.  Keep in mind that most guys start porn in their early teens when spontaneous erections are common, but stop porn in their twenties or later, when they are not so common.
I dont know why everyone is so focused on this spontaenous erection thing. Why is it important? The only thing that is important is that u get hard with a girl, not if u get boners randomly for no reason. I really dont think they have anything to do with the healing process.

And to the guy with the latin gf above:
She sounds understanding, and ur problem sounds mostly like performance anxiety to me. 4 yrs without sex would give anyone perf anxiety. But still, stopnthe porn and it will help, but make sureu relax! She seems like she wants to help
  I have been trying to enter an indefinite period of celibacy after hitting a bottom with PMO addiction. been studying porn induced ED videos-makes total sense to me. I'm 50 and would like to salvage whatever sexuality I have left. I started a tracker for some accountability. Day 2 today -some thoughts but not much interest or ability.
This maybe slightly controversial but demonstrates to me that everything shown on the youtube presentations on yourbrainonporn are i think spot on.

my situation was explained on this forum 3/4 weeks ago. Basically I am 51 and been very into porn for many years and used to enjoy edging for 3/4 or more hours at a time until basically not having any libido and not being able to get good wood even with ed med.

Over the years i have been a smoker and a non smoker both for years at a time and when I decide to give up i dont find it difficult. I have not smoked for the last 10 years. Just really by chance around the same time i stopped PM&O  I started having the occasional cigarette (xmas parties) and the enjoyable headrush I get feels exactly the same as I used to get from edgeing to porn. I still have a couple of cigarettes a day and basically when before I would do the pm&o I instead have a smoke and so far doing ok as I am just about into week 5 of no pm&o.
This really shows to me that this is an addiction  just the same as nicotine as after time smokers lose that headrush and so smoke more and more until the enjoyable headrush 's cease but the addiction to nicotine is still there.

I am certainly not abdicating smoking for all us porn addicts and I am not even sure if this "replacement therapy" is harming my recovery. (I would be grateful to hear from anyone that knows more than myself on this) but if I had any doubts before on porn being an addiction I dont now, I now understand the whole dopamine thing.

As I said I am on week 4/5 of no pm&o. I have low libido but have recently had a couple of erotic dreams which I have not had for a long time and also woke during the night with semi wood which again has not happened for a long time. I am noticing a lot of headaches tiredness but more motivation.
P
I believe that ED can be both physical and mental in my case because I could never hold an erection with a woman for the first time NO MATTER HOW SEXY SHE IS. In April 2011 I went on vacation and meet a very sexy Aerobics Instructor (I was in PORNO heaven). Now you would think that all the years of masturbating to sexy women in online porno videos has prepared me for this encounter.
The foreplay was fine, but not even 5 min into the sex I started feeling my intensity going down, so I had to revert back to my old disgusting way of making an excuse by saying my condom broke and I don't have another one. This encounter made me feel worthless. You would think that I learned from my mistakes but I still masturbate to porno videos.

PLEASE READ EVERYONE

I want to start off by saying that I understand that this is a real problem. Its just that it may not be yours. I have had weak erections for 2 years and yes its been driving me crazy as well. I didn't know what was wrong and couldn't find a problem. I came across this page and thought that I figured out my problem, I was wrong. It turns out that it was prostatitis.

I'm not saying that porn is not whats wrong for you but prostatitis is not a joke and its better to know what your problem is. Go see a urologist. Make sure thats its not a physical problem. For the first year of my prostatitis (I didn't know I had it at this point), I had no pain. So you could still have an inflammation without having the symptoms.

Also go to a few urologists. The first two I had were not good. They ruled out prostatitis because I had great test results but test results aren't definitive.

Go get checked out, theres no need to be nervous. I wish I knew what I was dealing with before I started looking for the problem on my own. It only led to more stress. Don't be so quick to diagnose yourself. This your body, your sex life; be smart.

Good luck to all of you.

Send me a message if you have questions.

HI sl77,
Thank you for your post, could you please explain a little bit what are the symptems for prostatitis and how it makes one feel and know that they have prostatitis , I'm in my 30's and have ED , even with cialis it didnt' work well for me and I thought that it could be other problem that effects my sexual desire
Thanks for your reply
Posted a couple of months back...... My E.D. because of masterbating to porn began soon after installing boradband internet in my house in early 2004. Took me close to 7 years to figure out why my erections had become non-existent. I would spend 1-2 hrs a day 7 days a week M'g to Porn. If i didn't do it for a day or two, that meant I would masterbate to porn 4-5 hours to make up for it a couple of days later....................It was a horrible-terrible addiction. In December I went 14 days without it, fell off the wagon. But with the new year I have taken a new stance against no porn-masterbation. I will admit, I still masterbate, like any other guy. My friends admit to masterbateing all the time, but have no problem getting erections. I'm honest with them about not getting erections cause of porn-mastebating addiction and they just laugh......They can't believe a good looking guy like  me can't get hard with some of the attractive women I spend the night with( I have disappointed a lot of great looking girls)....... But I will freely admit and will be the first to testify that masterbating to porn, for whatever reason, wheather it's chemical or psychological, will keep you from geeting normal erections......... I'm on day 6 and will keep you guys updated.........I HAD to change, I could no longer continue to live a pointless and hopeless sex life. I would watch amateur porn on X-Hamster and think wow, how is it thst these guys get and stay hard. There older then me, in worse shape. It just didn't make sense. But I knew why I culd not get and maintain erections. I was in complete denial.................But it's now or never, either I beat this thing now, or else it will beat me with no hope of ever beating it........................
A few questions:
Are you fully cured?
What drug did you take?
How long did recovery take?
Any details would be appreciated?
Wow, sooo glad I saw this site. I have P issues also. I'm on day 4 of not masturbating. I remember that in my teens and twenties, I was always able to ejaculate when having sex with my then girlfriends. Now at 35, my erections are there, no change in that department but I can't ejaculate??? I watch porn almost everyday, since the whole net boom. I think I'm just used to how I do it.
Symptoms can be found online since there a few different types of it.
Mine were ejaculation pains-cramping in the muscle behind your testicles (feels like its in your butt, sorry had no better way to put it), and pain in the penis it self upon ejaculation (near the base). There were times when I had testicle pain but that didn't last long. And throughout it were weak erections. These were my main symptoms.

I've been taking cipro which I believe is helping. I got an Xray done this week so my doctor can get a better idea of whats causing it. Cialis has been recently been shown to help the muscle cramping and other pains so that helps. Only problem with prostatitis is that it can't be cured, just controlled. I've just recently found out about all this, I still don't know much. Hope that help answer some of your questions. I go back to my doctor in about a week. Hopefully I'll have a much better understanding. Also I'm in my early 20s. Prostatitis is not age specific, it can hit anyone.
Relapsed, unfortunately. Restarting.

What made you do it? What exactly did you do? Was it just masturbation or masturbating to porn? I mean you're having great sex with your gf or wife so what made you want to touch your penis? Sorry to hear you relapse dude... I guess it will be me one day but I hope not.
This is not an easy thing that at all, it is truly an addiction.

Relapsing is understandable brush off yourself off and get back on the horse.  I had reached a point where mentally I was trying to psych myself into relapsing but I fought the urge.  

The feeling of not being able to perform with a woman because you can't get it up is horrible.  After a while you run out of excuses and things go to hell in a hand basket.  I remember being concerned [fill in chicks name] is probably going to want to have sex if I see her and then thinking how I was going to avoid setting myself up for failure.  

When I think back on those failures it motivates me to not PMO
I almost did the same today, this is my third attempt, first two fell at the 4th day, now I'm at seven days. Agree with GhostDog don't give up! For me is helping come back to this forum and read all the post, is reminding me that I'm not alone and why I'm doing it. I don't want to be slave of PMO. I'm like love_a_challenge, it probably be me next but we need to keep fighting this addiction! I wish I had find sooner this forum.
I'm on Day 8 now and i'm just chugging along and hoping for the best. This time I have not touched myself or watched anything that will spark the urge to relapse. Still flatlining and it gets pretty depressing but I am hopeful that this will work for me just like it has for those who were able to successfully complete it.
So guys, every sexual stimuli should be avoided? Is sexting (maybe for a couple of hours) going to slow down my progress?
Is sexting making you want to touch yourself? If so, then you should really avoid it because eventually it may draw u back to porn.
Yesterday was really difficult guys, had pretty much a sex date lined up for Saturday night. Had anxiety all day, new I could not masterbate period cause was expecting to have sex that night. Add to that 8 days without the tempting porn tube channels it was very difficult. She ended up cancelling around 8pm. I spen the entire night at my place and was close to giving in. I watched some porn, maybe 5 minutes of it. But I did not masterbate to it. Just was able to beat the temptation. Jumped off the porn tube and ate something. like 20 minutes later I went to the bathroom and masterbated nornally. Actually masterbated 4 times normally in the bathroom, is that to much? maybe. But I tell you what, after 7 years of a tremendous porm-masterbation addiction, I see last night as a major victory. Soent the whole Sayurday night by myself and did not masterbate to porn........ It's a great feeling. My adivce to guys is find avenues that will help you. Mine is just masterbating normally, itmight not work for you, but it does for me............ We are all in this stuggle together.....
Hello guys, im just curious.. like all of you im also experiencing with the same symptoms of over masturbation/Porn, i really know it is because of porn, i also have erectile dysfunction, i would like to ask guys, especially for those who already healed.. Having a short curved pennis is normal? Will it be back to normal after some days together with my erection without looking porn? Thank you.. Please reply.. :((
I doubt masturbating to porn has anything to do with your curve penis. I believe your penis is the way it is because the blood supply to your penis is not balanced in the 2 chambers. One side receives more blood than the other which causes your penis to curve to the left or right.
Having a curved penis is very normal and many people have it curved, its an advantage often enough. It has nothing to do with MB, its just a physical trait
Thank you for the reply, Even though it is curved downward is normal? Does not it bother my sex life?
Yo I feel you, im going through the same exact thing. When I think about my girlfriend my **** doesnt get hard but when I think about other girls or feet (I have a foot fetish) I get soo much harder.
I Jack off usually around once or twice a day and when im with her it doesnt stay hard... Im losing hope in my ****. Im 16 nd this is ridiculous.
This thread has helped me a lot but I have some questions.

1. I have been addicted for porn 1-2 years now and this is my third week off P&M and is it alright to masturbate in bed before i got to sleep?

2. What is PMO?

3. Does P make you not able to ejaculate?

Thanks so much for all this advice!
By the way that was to everyone :)
1) If you wish to masturbate with your mind that is fine but you will achieve a better recovery if you stay away from PMO (porn, masturbation, orgasm)

3) Porn really has nothing to do with the orgasm part but it may be psychologically affecting you. Stay away from PMO for a good 30-60 days to see if you start to improve you reaching an orgasm during real sex.
I'm a member of the downward curve club also.  Trust me if over masturbation was the cause mine would probably be a complete circle :-).  I've never gotten any complaints from women about it and some actually like the sensation from it.  Just work on over coming PMO and enjoy the freedom.
Having a foot fetish is not a problem do you play with your girlfriends feet?  As for you lack of erection the "other girls" you think about are they porn chicks or regular girls?  You have to stay away from PMO in order for your penis get on the track back to normal operation.  Also if you are worried about not being able to get hard it can sometimes hinder having an erection.  
You are still young so its best that you get this under control now, you will have a much more rewarding sex life.
I have somethng to add, I started to have erectile dysfunction since i was 13 years old after i masturbate, yes i know it is because of PMO, masturbate 3 times or once a day, no skip.. i am 21 years old now. Are you guys sure if i stop PMO, everythng will go back to normal? Thank you Guys for the reply, Actually i already consulted to a urologist, all of my laboratory test are normal, even in my testosterone. He told me, He dont really know what is the cause of my problem, maybe it is only psychological. eventhough 8 years have past, will it be go back to normal again? thank you..
Let me explain to you why the problem is definitely psychological. When we masturbate so much or masturbate to porn so much, we are conditioning our brain to get use to that particular stimulation. Once another person (woman) is involved, its hard to adjust to this because your mind is so use to you performing self-love. Once you experience a time when you can't get a full erection with the woman your confidence starts to diminish to the point you want to avoid that situation again.

So what is the solution, stay away from porn and masturbation so you can allow time for your mind to re-program itself so you can start to get more use of being with a woman instead of being with yourself.

Makes sense???
love_a_challenge is 100% correct.
The self-love combined with you being over stimulated by porn is what caused the problem.  
Too much masturbation can also results into erectile dysfunction as it will decrease your libido.
i see. now it is clear for me.. I'm so lucky to found this forum. i suppose im alone, if i only knew it before i already stop PMO, I am very addictive in Masturbation watching porn in my cellphone, Laptop, Desktop, Iphone, I now deleted my 32 gb. Porn. Thank you Guys! aside from stop PMO, my Dr. Gave me Vitamin Myra400e and Fern C.
by the way this is my 5th day w/o PMO and This time i have no time to masturbate or watch porn because i get hired in a company so i will become more bussy unlike before. Thank you Guys =)
I am trying to recover after having my body weakened by porn and masturbation. Has anyone recommend any drug that i can use to revitalize my body. My wife doesn't know i masturbate and we have been trying for baby for 5 years. i suffer from low sperm count but cannot stop wanking. Please any vitamin suggestion will be appreciated
I have also a low sperm count, My Dr. gave me Myra 400e and Fern C for 90 days, take it once a day, after 90 days i will be examined for Sperm analysis again..
My Addiction to M2P(Masterbating to Porn) was not restricted to just Video porn. I would join swinger sites, make up fake profiles, get acess to other swinger pics and profiles and masterbate continueslly to them also. See, I have a problem with acne. And I noticed that when I M2P I would have an outbreak of acne a few days after( I'm dead serious). But I noticed that when I masterbated to the swinger profiles, I would not develop acne a few days after. And I masterbated to porn and swinger website pictures for hours at a time. So for a few months last year and a couple of months the years before, I would actually not masterbate to porn for a month or two, just the pictures on swingers websites. At the time I was dating a girl, and even though i was not M2P, and just masterbating to the swiger pics, my erectile dysfinction continued. So, it's become obvious to me that just constant masterbation either to video porn or pictures of anything sexually related contributes to my Erectile Dysfunction.

What we think what causes ED are just observations on our part, but most of us have had the P2M problem for years, so I think we have a pretty good idea of what is happening to our bodies. It is abseloutly not normal for a man ages 12-50 not to be able to maintain and sustain an erection and have regualr and fufilling sex. It's either something medical, or in my part and that of so many others on here constant stimulation to porn and realted videos, pictures, etc...... Have made you psychologicoly or physically impaired you from having normal male erections. I am the first to attest that. If Harvard or any other institution did a study, I would be the first to volunteer and tell them my story. M2P has completly ruined my sex life. As of January 1st, I'm clean of M2P. there have been a few close calls, and there was one about an hour ago. Got so far as to pull my pants down and turned on a  video. But I just got up and went to the kitchen. It's a horrible addiction.........Here's the kicker, I'm going to meet a very attractive young lady for sex tonight. No date, drinks, etc..... Just go to her place for sex. Yet, I'm here fighting off the temptation to masterbate to porn, it's a horrible addiction. I'm 11 days pf M2P.........
Is it normal to have a 4.5 inches penis, I have erectile dysfunction will it increase in size if my erection come back?  Thank you
The size of the penis is genetic. Nothing can increase the size of your penis. No over the counter products, nothing... No PMO will not increase your penis size and PMO will not reduce your penis size.
May i know guys the size of your penis? The length of my penis is 4.5, If my erectile dysfunction go back to normal(because of porn).. Is 4.5" penis size Enough in sex? or will she satisfy? Aside from short penis it is also curved Please answer. I'm so nervous :(
it's not that over curve, slightly curved only. :(
I have made it 46 days with no PMO, I cannot believe it!!!

For those at the beginning it can be very difficult until you reach a certain point.  I’ve read that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  Once you hit the point where your new habit is not PMOing, its easier to make it to the next day.  I actually took it one day at a time fought the difficult days with a passion, while keeping in mind the reason and benefits of not engaging in PMO.  I was a mess for a few weeks due to the withdrawal symptoms mainly slight headache and my sleeping patterns were horrible.  I did notice that my energy level, overall attitude and outlook on the day are different in a positive way.  

Hi I am 13 and i M almost every night my friend said u can get dry after a while is that true .
As long as your penis can erect, you are normal. Stop your habit in M, Stop Porn to avoid problem.
I sined up for the Tracker and it's on my profile. But It's not coming up on my posts, I'm 14 dats free on M2P today. Does anybody know how I can get the tracker on my posts?
I sent you a message with the instructions.
Thanks for all the replies. Love_a_challenge, i dont know why i relapsed, really. I came home from vacation, from an awful travel day and didnt get a chance to have sex with my gf that daynand the previous day. Things have been going so good that i just kinda forgot that i was fighting porn and went to it, thinking there wasnt any harm in it. Looked at porn a couple time snthat week, now back to staying away. Luckily, sex is still going fine as i think ive been avoiding porn for a fairly long time, but im gunna start my day counting again from yesterday and stay off porn. Its fine now, but before long i know at the symptoms will return if i continue.

Interesting note, after having not looked at porn for so long, i found that i found a lot of it fairly gross lol. Nothing super weird, but found i just wanted to look at solo girls stuff and nothing involving sex. Felt a bit more natural.

Hey guys, I kept failing every time I got to a week and a half. So I decided that I’d just masturbate once a week on an assigned day. I don’t use porn when I do it, since I really think that’s the main problem here. I do it to non-nude pictures, Men’s magazine type stuff. Also I use my left hand (or a male sex sleeve), a light grip, lube, and a condom.

Knowing I can do it once a week actually helps me not have urges, because I know I can do it on Thursday.

If you can’t stop all together, you might want to try this approach. It might be a slower recovery, but it’s a hell of a lot better than doing it 2-3 times a day.

I use to do it at least twice a day to harder and harder porn. So I was doing it 14 times a week, 70 times a month, and 840 times a year!

Now it’s going to be 1 time a week, 5 times a month, and 60 times a year! That’s a hell of a lot better than the above.

So if you find yourself failing maybe you should just try this method, after all there’s nothing wrong with masturbating. Out problem is we did it too much, and too tons of hardcore porn.

Warning: Only try this if you’ve gone a week or two without it, but then find yourself falling off the wagon. Some guys will do it once and then they’ll have to do it again, and again! If you’re that type you need to just stop. But if you find yourself needing it once a week this is perfect for you. The key is to not use porn though.
In my opinion, I say your method may work as long there is no guilt afterwards. The guilty feeling also plays a role in getting erections with a woman.
Thanks, yeah I have no guilt about it now. Because I know it's a lot better than doing it 70 times a month to increasingly harder porn. But I had a ton of guilt when I was trying to stop completely, and I was failing after a week and a half. I'd feel so low and depressed for the whole day. Now I just do it once a week, feel refreshed afterwards and go on about my life without having the urge to do it again or look at porn.

But like I said, this might be a recipe for disaster for some. It should only be attempted after falling of the wagon a few times after a week or more. Because sometimes anxiety makes you cave.
I just found out about this site a few days ago when it was pointed out to me that I might have a problem. I used to be quite the loner so watching porn just became part of my daily routine, so much in fact that I gave myself a quota to meet. It wasn't even a need, it was just boredom I guess. Then I was caught masturbating by my gf and she asked if I wanted to have sex, and I said no. I didn't even see anything wrong with that. That's how deep it got. Worst part is that we had sex the night before and it was good like it always is I just felt the urge to watch porn and take care of things on my own. Hopefully that's all in the past. Now I feel like I'm on the road to recovery. I've taken precautionary steps, and haven't looked at porn for the longest stretch so far in years. Even though it's been a few days, I can feel a little bit of change in my desire, where as before it was basically non existent. I do have a question though, what happens if I get blue balls? Yes I'm being serious! It hurts so bad and the way I've taken care of it before is by masturbating and I don't want that or sex to be an option until I find out for myself how long exactly I can go without both. I feel confident I can get over my addiction, and this is one concern I don't know how to go about.
Well here is some good news for you . since your gf knows you watch porn, why not introduce her to this forum and yourbrainonporn.com so she can understand why you want to try the 30-60 day no PMO program. That way she won' t try to give you blue balls or have sex with you.
She's the one who directed me to this forum. She understands and of course wants me to get better so she can get more attention :) The part I conveniently left out is that I work at a strip club. Whoops.
Work at the strip club though? How do you expect to recover? Does your gf look as hot as the girls at the strip club? If not, then you got a problem because you are too use to being around hot looking women every single day. I don't see the opportunity for you to give your mind a rest. However, still stay away from porn and masturbation for a month to see if you feel a change in your sex libido and reaction to normal women including your gf.
Yea I've got a rough road ahead of me but luckily my gf is easy on the eyes. I've been in the business for about 10 years and I've been able to separate business from pleasure, I know I'm there to work so I don't ever get caught up staring or fantasizing. Hopefully it works, a new job is kind of out of the question.
25guy. I'm following the same routine, kind of.... I just masterbate normally in the bathroom or in the shower(maybe once a day or 3-4 times a day). As I have posted before my addcition to masterbating 2porn(M2P) was seven years long, it consumed me like nothing else in life, and totally ruined my sex life; As it was impossible to often maintain an erection and sustain one. In Decenmber I tired quitting cold turkey and I was a wreck for 2 weeks. My body and mind just did not respond well. So, as of January 1st I just masterbate normally in the shower and bathroom when I feel the urge to eatch porn, when something tempts me. etc.... Wednesday a buddy emailed me a link to a porn website where the daughter of a guy we worked with did an amateur porn scene. I had met the young girl and she was always gorgeous. So to see her pop up in an amateur porn movie just sent my brain into complete scramble motion. I went as far as to pull my pants down watching the video. But I got up, went to the kitchen. 20 minutes later I took a shower and masterbated 4 times to the thought of the young girl I knew in the video. Thast night did it some more also. But you know what, I considered that a victory!

After 7 years of continued masterbation to porn, to be able not to masterbate to porn. To not sit in front of my computer for an hour, 2 hours, 6-7 days a week and not masterbate to porn. IT's a victory for me. The best pasrt is after I have released so many times, the temptation is gone. And I move on with the accomplishment that I did not masterbate to porn.

It would have been impossible to quit cold turkey, I even did some research where I read of some men needing inpatient treatment to get over the addiction.......Just masterbating normally for me has worked thus far, and I am fully confident IT will get me over the hump. I have sex all the time with different women( not very satisfying due to me porn induced ED) so the thought of having an actual fufilling sexual encounter where I can maintain the type of erection where I can switch positions, stay erect for more the 5 minutes, etc.... Is my motivation.......Qutiing cold turkey was not an option for me, so my routine is to just masterbate normally. The recovery time might be longer, but in that time my confidence will grow. As they days go by without sitting in front of my computer masterbating endlessly to porn go by, I will develp a greater outlook...........Already a great sign is for the first time in YEARS, I wake up with incredible morning wood..........
Just came across this article about pornography and it talks partly about desensitsation. real wake up call for anyone who's in doubt about the destructive power of pornography; it's making it into the mainstream papers in the UK now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/02/gail-dines-pornography
Accept for the one day I MB'd to see if the Cialis I got would keep me upright, I've gone 50 days without watching porn (so 49 days of no MB)...Some days I feel great, somedays I feel like a ball of depression, I'm just trying to have faith that this reboot process is working...I know the only way to see if it' working is to engage more women (which I have done) but I'm still so apprehensive to the point I've avoided getting a$$ even when I vowed I would try...

Just hope I'm still on the right track...And just want more positive advice on what to do moving forward..

Also What was that site with all the dopamine facts and $hit and all the youtube film training stuff? That had some really good facts, I'd like to refresh myself on some of that...
http://yourbrainonporn.com

Oh yeah, I got it now...
I'm on day 60 of my reboot journey. 4 days ago (day 56) I relapsed, and masturbated twice (once with porn, once without porn). Today, I relapsed again, masturbating once to porn and once without. I'm feeling quite disappointed in myself, as I had been making awesome progress. I am totally committed to no more PMO, but I am worried that these 2 relapses have caused me to lose some of the progress I had made. Do you think these relapses have hurt my progress, and how long will they stall future improvements? Fwiw, masturbating only 4 times in 60 days is pretty amazing to me, and I never would have been able to do it without the help of this awesome website.

I'm feelin mad at myself, lol tell me something to lift my spirits guys!

I say you did a remarkable job and I can't wait till I get to 60 days no PMO or no PM because I have a gf. But if you think about it, you're suppose to be depressed from masturbatin to porn. I know how you feel because it is the feel of defeat. It's not making you necessarily start over but it will probably make you feel depressed and lost of libido for a good week. Let me ask you this....

What made you go back and watch some porn?
Was you just planning on watching it and not touching yourself or did you go to porn with the intention to masturbate?
Did you feel it was calling you?
Do you feel you have a stronger urge to masturbate more often now?

I admit I have seen some videos with naked women in it but I don't watch it, I skim thru it just to see what they are doing. I don't let the video excite me to make me want to start touching myself. Do you have a gf in your life to help you keep your mind away from porn? I say for the next 30 days concentrate on not touching your penis at all. You can do it man! I am definitely going to make it that 60 days. I am so focus it's ridiculous...
Thanks for posting the link to the article.  I sold porn on the internet for over 10 years amazing when I actually stop and think about it.  I became totally desensitized by porn it ruined relationships and lead me down the dark road of PMO.  It is true that the only thing that excites a porn peddler is PROFIT but it was profit at a price.  What the article covers about porn becoming more and more intense is totally true.  I remember when certain acts were taboo or at least non main stream.  As time went on these acts became part of most main stream productions.  

Ok first off slap yourself on the back of your hands for relapsing.
Now get back on the damn horse!!! You are stronger than your addiction.  You can beat this and there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I could not believe it but I actually had physical withdrawal symptoms.
I have had off and on headaches & sleeplessness for weeks.

I was sleeping about 4 hours a night once I finally fell asleep.  I ended up purchasing a sleep aid because it was hard going to work with 4 hours of sleep,  The sleep aid did the trick.  I started feeling like my self I'd say in the last week or so.  I can sleep like a normal person and not wake up like a damn rooster at 4:30am every damn morning when it takes me til 12:30am to fall asleep.  The sleep aid helped combat that dilemma.

Trust me once you are rebooted "O" will feel like magic with a woman.  

I am on day 61 of not watching any porn, I have masturbated a couple of times. I have also tested to see if I can get a  good erection. Some times I would get a good erection but would loose it pretty quickly. My libido is almost non existent. I too may be suffering from withdrawal as I only sleep for 5 hrs a night.
After reading Ghostdog,s post I think the lack of sleep is having a effect on my recovery and lack of libido. I don't know if the times I masturbated is causing a set back or not. But going forward I will try not to masturbate for at least 30 days and see if that helps. Btw I only masturbate to fantasy of real women I have been with and not porn.
Good luck all
Ok Guys, look's like I have beat my persenol mark of 15 days are now on day 17 of not masterbating to porn. But I still masterbate all the time. Just in bed , the shower. Had a sexual experiance last night, very erotic. But I will admit, the effects of Porn ED still linger. I got erected, but it died down after about 5-10 minutes. Was able to get hard by jerking myself and came 3 times in 2 hrs. But still, no way close to a natural sustained erection.........My questions to you guys, and I wish we could be more clear in our posts...... Who is still masterbating? I mean I'm really not sure if you guys cut off masterbation all together, or we just caught off masterbating to porn...... Think would help me and the other guys if we were more clear on our masterbating habits....
First I cut masturbation completely, then I decided I would do it once a while. The problem was that masturbating always led me to a relapse, on the same day or the next, so now I'm not gonna masturbate anymore. i'm on day 7 because of a recent relapse. As far as what I read in yourbrainonporn.com, M really set you back a little, but most recovery stories show that guys were doing it. Keep going in your journey. Your ED will be fixed in no time. (most guys need 2, 3 months).
I don't masturbate nor watch porn. Not only do I feel I had an addiction with porn, I also feel I have an addiction with masturbating. I believe a normal person rarely masturbates or not at all. Plus I notice when I do masturbate, my body feels wacky and no need for sex for the next couple days. I also notice I can't masturbate just once. It usually turns into 2-3 times before I feel the need to masturbate is out of my system. Now that it's been 30 days no masturbation I don't feel the need to masturbate like that. I feel like I'm doing what a normal man would do (waiting for sex).

You should really try going a month without masturbation just so you can feel the difference in your body. There is no harm in doing this and it won't increase prostate cancer, that's a bunch of crap. If you're going to catch prostate cancer, then you gonna catch it.
I stopped masturbating 100% since I started the tracker.  Prior to that I was beating of just about every day unless I had a woman in my bed and on the weekends/holidays sometimes 3 times a day.  I totally cut off porn erased everything I could find on my PC and avoid it like it is poison.  

I have a tattoo on my arm that I got many years ago that when translated reads "Victory or Death".  I try my best to live by that saying.

Trust knowing that the relief from my sleeplessness and headaches were LITERALLY in the palm of my hand was a battle.  But I knew what was at stake and the thought alone gave me the strength to over come the temptation to masturbate.

I think in order to reboot successfully you have to stop jerking-off because your mind/body has become used to that sensation leading to orgasm and not  the feeling of a woman and the emotional desire towards a woman.

You will notice your excitement level and attraction to  women will increase once your libido comes back.  My libido left came back strong for about a week then went on vacation again which spooked me.  

I'm sure my wacky sleeping pattern of 4-5 hours a night is what killed it.

You, myself and the members of this forum have an addiction.  This is NOT going to be easy but few thing of any worth seldom are easy.

I am 18 years old living in Australia, and Ive been PMO since 14 or 15. I live in a very heavy christian family, and I always try to stop myself, but i always end up relapsing. Getting to the point where my parents have caught me on a few occasions, and are always keeping an eye when I am near a computer. My last M, was before New Years Eve, and I havent M since then. I had a wet dream though, but all these things tempt me sooooo much, its not funny. I just wanna give in, and I love how PMO just gives you that shot of euphoria and feeling good, that's why I PMO. but, I've been clean for 17 days, but im scared im gonna do it again. My question, what should I do? and does anybody know if M reduces getting a E in embarrassing situations, like when you're kissing you g/f, and you dont wanna get an E in front of her?...
Im 18, and I live in a very heavy Christian family. I've been PMO since i was 14, but I've always wanted to stop. What is on here, has helped me, and I haven't touched myself since New Years Eve. So, ive been clean for 17 days, and i wanna stay clean. But i amm soooo tempted to just do it, i really need help. My parents have caught me a few times, they werent happy, and now they keep an eye on me everytime i am near a computer. I just wanna ask, what's the best method of abstinence? and does M reduce getting an E in embarrassing situations, like, kissing your g/f, and you dont wanna get an E infront of her?
Well I'm on day 51 and I have only MB'd twice, but it was just to test the cialis...

Last night I had a dream about being with this girl I work with who's very attractive and who I have a crush on (We're really cool and she has a BF--has no clue I want to wreck her), but even in the dream all I could think about was this ED $hit and i made every excuse in the book not to bang her (IN THE DREAM!)...I woke up with significant wood, no doubt based on thinking about her, but then I snoozed a bit, woke up again and the wood was gone, and no matter what I think or fantasize about it's not moving at all...It's like I might aswell have a startled shell-slug down there...

This is the $hit that's so hard, because i feel like I've accomplished so much, but I can't even get hard thinking about the same girl I just dreamt about...I went to YBOP website and read some facts that tell you not to rationalize whether you are succeeding or not, but how can you not?

I'm just wondering how do you guys deal with days where there is absolutely no libido, or days when mentally you're all in in-terms of being horny or whatever, but still nothing downstairs? These are the fears I'm trying to conquer because sometimes I feel like when i was on porn I could bang allday and night for hours and hours and hours, and despite whatever shame I still felt like a real man...

Now I'm like, I've gone basically 50 days, and I'm still scared to death my $hit won't work if I get a chick in here...Just trying to deal and get anymore positive advice moving forward as I guess I'll be going for 90 days since I've gone this far, but still what gets yall through those head shaking days when you feel like things should be working much better right now?

100 Days!!
This is the kind of great news I wish I could announce at school, or write a big ol’ facebook update about!  Nevertheless, I greatly appreciate the opportunity you all have given me to share my story and some thoughts.
I can trace my addiction to pornography all the way back to the sixth grade.  I had just finished learning how to research online.  My topic, of course, was simple, like George Washington or somethin’.  But soon after this, I happen to run across a picture of Heidi Klum.  Of course, I soon thought to myself:  “What would happen if I did a some online research on Heidi Klum?”  The answer to that question snared me in a trap from which I’m still struggling to escape.
Since then, although my addiction has varied in degrees of intensity, it’s remained unshakeable.  Even as a sixth grader, I had no doubt that looking at those pictures and watching those movies could not possibly be anything other wrong.  Nevertheless, the desires of my body constantly and relentlessly overwhelmed the better judgment of my weak conscience.
The merciless cycle has continued for almost twelve years since that first Heidi search.  My countless attempts to quit lasted only as long as the depression.  These failures resulted in chronically deflated self-worth which has surely negatively impacted the person I am today.
Finally, finding this blog has been one of the most fortunate discoveries in the last twelve years of my life.  For the first time, I have truly felt like I just don’t want to look at porn.  I feel like I’m standing outside of the situation looking in, rather than standing inside the cage and desperately longing to for the freedom awaiting outside.  Through this joy, however, I must constantly remind myself that my addiction has not and will not disappeared.  It’s my Achilles’ tendon.  I must persist in my efforts and in my prayers to keep my area of weakness well protected.

Through the years of struggle, my hundreds of failures to quit have produced almost as many new ideas on ways to motivate myself to quit.  Some examples include:
1. After a relapse, I’d beat myself in one leg until it went numb.
2. I’d punish myself from something I enjoyed, such as TV or video games.
3. Immediately afterwards I’d write a letter to myself describing the way I felt (This was actually a worthwhile idea.  It’s important to have something to remind you how awful the depression state feels even after you’ve passed through it)
4. I’d find rewards to give myself for reaching a porn-free goal (success here was never permanent)
5. Computer software that blocks adult sites (There’d always be some reason to bypass this)
6. I’d go for a run or hang with friends when I felt tempted.  (Unfortunately, this only postponed, rather than canceled an inevitable relapse)

There’s one critical element that was missing through all my attempts to quit.  It’s the genuine and complete absence of a desire for porn.  Here’s the plan I’ve used to reach that point:

First, I removed access to the internet from my apartment.  I left my modem in my locker at school so that if I had an urge, it would require a great deal of effort and time to get the internet going again.  Now, the only place I can get on the internet are in very public places, such as my medical school, the lobby of my apartment complex, or a Starbuck’s.  None of which are options.  I know that because of today’s ease of porn access, there’s no way to make it completely unavailable; however, one can make it less convenient.  More importantly, I understand that this solution doesn’t kill the addiction at the roots.  That’s why it’s only the first step.

Second, a point of much debate in this blog, involves how to deal with masturbation.  Do I think it would be ideal to completely cut masturbation? Probably.  Do I think that cutting masturbation for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the reboot process is important? Absolutely.  But after a couple of weeks, I’ve found that masturbating on a very regular and preplanned schedule provided the best opportunity for success.  I started out waiting ten days but now I have reduced it to five days.  It’s like Little Red Riding Hood finding the soup that’s “just right”.  Wet dreams are annoying, and I’m convinced that there must be some benefit to flushing the pipes.  Also, I’ve found those masturbation sessions far more enjoyable than the post-porn sessions.  I might note, the situation in the past that resulted the most often in porn relapse occurred when I decided it was time to masturbate without porn; however, I almost always ended up walking over to the computer for a bit (ended up being a lot) of help.  Breaking that train of thought has been an important step.

Third, find an accountability partner (preferably another understanding guy).  For a long time, I’ve known that working on this step would be tremendously beneficial.  I think that the fear of talking about this to someone has been another motivation for me to stay away from the places I shouldn’t go.  Also, this blog, filled with folks struggling with this same issue, has provided a sort of accountability group.  For this reason, I’m extraordinarily grateful to you all.  However, if I were to relapse at this point, I would need to find an actual mentor to be accountable to.

Fourth, every time I find myself alone with my computer in a place with internet access, I try to read a few of these blogs, just to serve as a reminder of the importance of staying on track.

Fifth, although I know that many of you come from varying religious/spiritual backgrounds, I’ve found Christ’s love to be imperative in my recovery.  Everyday I try to draw closer to the God.  I encourage you to read the following “Lord’s prayer” with special emphasis on the last fourth and fifth line:

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Amen.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, I’ve only been able to find success in this fight by no longer wanting to look at porn.  In the past, every time I’d try to quit, I could always here that voice deep down saying: “you know you’re gonna do it again”.  That’s who I’ve had to defeat.  It’s not a solo mission either.  Accountability partners and Christ are about the only folks who will fight alongside you.

I don’t expect this addiction to ever go away.  All of us guys are supposed to be addicted to girls.  It’s the way we’re wired.  We just have to maintain control.

As a final note, I just want to reemphasize how beneficial this blog is.  I greatly appreciate the tremendous amount of support I’ve received from your stories.  Also, I think that we all can agree that porn and excessive masturbation are a problem that leads to ED.  For this reason, in my opinion, I think it’s good to focus on helping each other through this, rather than focusing on specific and inconsequential issues such as specific neurotransmitters and brain plasticity that play a role in porn addiction and ED.

Thanks again for your support!
-Fellow Fighter
I'm flatlinig. I was offered to be introduced to some really gorgeous girls, but I' still worried that my ED is not going to be resolved. I'm also, in a sense, with no desire, or libido, even "knowing" that I want to meet new girls. Any advice on new relationships while in the beginning of the recovery? Thanks
I am on day 61 and like you wonder this is working or not and how much longer it will take. I have tried to masturbate a few times and it was not too good. I have been tempted to try porn just to see if things still work. Since I quit porn I have had 0 libido and dead Dxxx.
Since I am 100% sure porn on the internet is the cause of my ED and loss of normal sex as I have had in the past.
I want this to work and I will have to take it on faith that this will work. I will try to do the best job possible to get this done in the shortest time possible. As for right now I feel like **** and see no progress but I guess that is how the reboot works.
I would like to hear from some of the guys who succeed how they handled road during it,s darkest days.

I'm waiting for the dude who posts saying.."It worked..."  and talk about the key issues that were surpassed...That will give me confidence...
Well I can say it's been 30 days for me so far and almost everyday I feel like I have no libido. However, my gf came over today and I was getting erections like crazy. Erections from kisses, hugging, cuddling, foreplay, etc. We didn't go for sex though. She doesn't want sex till marriage which I am fine with, no big rush for me LOL. I just pleasure her for an hour or so if you know what I mean. So, what I'm trying to say is don't worry about your libido. Trust me, your erections are improving and your libido and confidence is increasing
Ya I am also so focused right now it's crazy. Yes, I do have a gf in my life, and she has been incredibly understanding and supportive. She has made the process easier on me, because I don't want to disappoint her.

The cause of my relapse was finding out from one of my friends that a girl we know did an amateur porn, and as much as I fought the urges I gave in and watched the video, maturbated to it....and IMMEDIATELY felt like ****. Guys, the feeling after the relapses sucked, but the no PMO process DOES work. I get decent erections just hugging my gf, and I actually had a powerful orgasm dry humping my gf last night. The feeling after that orgasm was the opposite of how I felt after my relapse: I felt awesome! It made me realize how stupid excessive masturbation to porn is compared to real life sexual activity.
Wow Love-A-Challenge, how F'n strange is it that in the past week as we try to fight this horrid addiction we were faced with ecaxtly the same exact temptation from hell. As I posted earlier last week as I was on day 10, a co-worker of ours young daughter popped up on girlsdoporn. And as soon I was given the link I went and saw the trailer, pulled my credit card out to purchase the website. Even pulled my pants down. I don't really know how, honestly, but just got up to the kitchen. 20 minutes later i took a shower and masterbated in the shower twice. If not for masterbating in the shower twice, I would have been on that site all night. I considered that a victory. As I have posted before, quitting masterbating and masterbating to porn all together was not an option for me. I tried it in december and my body and mind was out of whack. I just masterbate now. The recovery time might be longer, as I'm hoping it is, but I am committed to this.......... Prior to masterbating to porn and the addiction that followed for 7 years, i was 30. masterbate all the time and have occassional sex, and was hard and ready for each of those sexual experiances. Broadband internet and sitting in front of the computer masterbating to porn and pictures of swinging couples for hours on end ruined my sex life......I need to get back to where I can masterbate like a regualr guy(not to porn) and still be able to have sex like a regualr guy.............. Guys it might not be for you, it might be just for me. But this is just a thought. If you feel your going to give in to masterbating to porn, run to the bathroom and masterbate reguarly. It has helped me, it really has. Heres the kicker, when I masterbate regualry now, even after taking a sneak at a porn video or two. I fanatasize and masterbate to my owns exual exploits and not thr thought of some porn video I saw. And that just happens naturally.........
Guys, I have just M, but with no porn! Is that an achievement? or should I be disappointed with myself?  
It's an accomplishment and a set back. It's an accomplishment that you manage to masturbate without porn. It's a set back because when you masturbate while you're trying to recover, you are keeping your dopamine and prolactin levels out of wack. In other words, you may be fine right now masturbating without porn but eventually you're gonna feel the need to look at some porn. This is similar to alexdallas right now...

Alexdallas, right now you don't realize all the masturbating you're doing has your mind fighting the urge to watch some porn.

The both of you need to stay away from porn and masturbation for a good 60 days straight so you can feel the difference in your body. I assure you're going to eventually feel that masturbation and watching porn is not that necessary.

Yesterday, like I said up above, I spent the day with my gf and I was all over her like white on rice. And she was very beautiful to my eyes. This is after 30 days no PMO. I assure you if I was still PMO'ing I would have not act the way I did yesterday. TMI but I orally pleasure her for like an hour and she loved it. The old me PMO so much that I had a very small desire to give oral; I rather lay back and let a woman do me. Sounds selfish right??? Well, watching excessive porn makes you want to use women. Masturbation makes you feel like a woman can't stroke your penis the way you like. Take away these two factors and you will soon start to appreciate a woman more. You will look forward to her touching you, kissing you, being close to you and loving you.
I'm a healthy 25 year old. No health issues, i workout 3-4 times a week, cardio and weights. Just recently quit smoking. A little history about me. I started looking and using  porn to pleasure myself around age 17 and have used it consistently since then (1-2 times a day). I only used porn to masterbate. I have never felt an urge to watch porn, or a craving for it. I have never thought about it while doing something else such as being out with my friends or workingout. I have never choose it over doing something else (going out with my friends etc.). It's just a daily habit i fell in to. Recently i started dating this girl and we have had sex 4 times (keep in mind that i have never had a consistent sexual relationship, i have had sex before but not consistently with the same girl). So when we have sex and do foreplay i get hard but im not 100 percent hard. When we have sex, its hard enough to do it and im able to ejaculate but i know its not as hard as it could be. I'm lasting about 10-15mins. Also, i would like to point out that everytime we have had sex, alcohol has been involved. 2 times pretty heavy alcohol and 2 times pretty moderate but more than just a few. Also, its always been really late at night after a i've been for a long time. I have really long days during the week like 18-19 hours days because of my work schedule and commute. I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep so im not getting anywhere near the amount of sleep i should be getting. I came across the porn and ed topic last friday and havent watched porn or masterbated since then. I dont know if my problem is related to my watching porn history, or my lack of sleep and my body just being physically tired. Its not that my girlfriend doesnt do it for me. I can remember times in the past where i was fully hard just from her laying next to me while we watched a movie or tv. She has noticed that its not fully erect and has asked me of its her and that makes me feel terrible because its not her at all. I am so attracted to her and love everything about her. So my main question is does this sound like it could be porn ed related, or it just lifestyle factors that are bringing this on? I can remember in recent weeks i have gotten hard with just thinking about us having sex. This is just making my head spin because i really like her and i dont want something like this to ruin our relationship. I would appreciate any thoughts, comments or similar experiences.
Questions:
Did you have ED?
If so was it while masturbating also?
To the people wondering if abstaining from porn works:

It did in my case. I feel back to a normal healthy guy again, for the most part. Sex with my gf is great and I can't remember the last time I lost it with her. I've been avoiding porn for a couple months for the most part, just had a small relapse a few days ago but restarted my tracker. However, I don't feel back to square one, in fact I feel just fine, and sex is also going great still.

It definitely worked for me.

Cms consider your self really lucky at age 25 finding this form. At 25 you should be rock hard anytime you are within 25 feet of any woman you MIGHT have a chance to have sex with. A long time ago when I was 25 I worked very long hours 12 16 hours and drank heavily all the time and still could get rock hard anytime there was a chance for sex. Back then the only porn was mags and 16 mm films both were hard to come by.
  You have a lot of work to do. Read the post of guy like you and all the related sites. There is a lot of information here to help you understand this problem.
And to finally answer your question, you have been affected by your porn addition or use. The good news is you can fix this.  Be aware that watching porn will also influence how you interact with women. The women in porn are not real. The real women in you life are 100 times better.
Any UK Guys might like to know that on satilite tv 4.20am friday morning there is a programme on called "Webporn, Any harm?"

Im on my week 6 with no PMO. Have now noticed I am needing much less sleep and feeling very motivated each day but still no libido. I am not expecting any quick fix as I have been addicted to porn for at least 20years.
to whom it may concern,

good luck to you..i understand exactly, my boyfriend has been using porn for a crutch for our sexual satisfaction..im so glad i found this forum as well..at least i was able to confront him with this problem...
This forum has complete changed my perspective - thank you all!

I'm a 29 year old male who has used the net for PMO for roughly 15 years, and I have been and still am affected by my habits. In previous relationships I've hid my use of either Viagra or Cialis as I was embarrassed at the thought of my partner ever learning that I required their use, but felt obligated to take them to properly perform. I rarely, if ever, experience morning arousal any more, and while it is possible for me to M without the use of visual aids, it is significantly more difficult to get aroused and I derive far less satisfaction from it.

With my current girlfriend things are typically not problematic as I've had with previous partners, but I still notice that even when I'm exceptionally turned on, if the slightest thing happens - such as lack of contact for anything over a few seconds, or performing at an awkward angle - my arousal plummets.

Only today have I learned that porn-induced ED is an actual condition, and the ability that subjecting oneself to continuous can seriously impair and numb one's brain. I found this article in particular rather insightful:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem

After reading through countless helpful posts on here, I decided to join the community and hold myself accountable for staying away from synthetic forms of excitation.

Here we go: day 1.
If you are trying to reboot yourself, is it a good idea to engage in sexual activity with your girlfriend? That way your mind will become more familiar with the new way your heading and what it feels like? Just a thought, would like to hear opinions.
http://yourbrainonporn.com/age-21-sex-with-girlfriend-may-have-slowed-reboot-ed
In this post, there's a guy saying that sex slowed him down on recovery. But I think it's worth it. After all, we're doing this reboot mainly to better our sex lives. If you think you're gonna resist the chaser effect afterwards, sure, go for it. Hope I helped.
So I'm approaching day 20, which is a victory in itself. The temptation is there everyday. I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it. Had sex last night with a nice girl, I was very erect as she performed oral, but it went down as soon as she stopped and had to jerk myself to stay erect; And even that erection only lasted 5 minutes or so. I have been masterbating everyday since i cut the porn off. Maybe 2-4 times a day. Funny thing is last year, if I took 4-5 days off from masterbating cause I knew I had a sexual encounter coming up, during the sexual encounter I could get and sustain a very respectable erection( not the like before I had my M2P addiction) but a pretty good one, where I want to ejaculate immiedetly.................... And I wish I could do that now, but since I cut off the M2P, I just need the constant release. I'm not sure if it's taboo to say this or unhealthy, but I love porn. Not all of it, but like casting couch porn, humiliation, porn.......I really do. But I know it's unhelathy for me in terms of sexuality. I mean I functioned fine masterbating to porn, go to work, etc.......But the inability to maintain and sustain an erection for the past 7 years just was to much. My recovery time might be longer or who knows what it will be cause I still masterbate. But Masterbating to porn I'm certain is what cause my ED and I'm cutting that off......... My goal is to reach the 60 day mark of no masterbating to porn.....If the recovery is not there cause I still masterbate, will we will go from there as far as what to do. But I honestly think that having an addiction where the "drug" is two sided( masterbating and porn) is so easliy accesible (porn)  just dropping it from one day to the next is a very difficult dynamic. Kudos to the guys that can accomplish that. I cut off the porn, but still masterbate. Yes my body and mind yearns for the feel and the rush of masterbating to porn, but I just reason myself to shy away from it. In the past 20 days there have been maybe 50 great and easy oppurtunieties to masterbate to porn, but have not done it. It's getting easier evbery day, but still a battle.
"The temptation is there everyday. I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it."-------- Alex, this is what the devil wants you to do. Right now you're winning but eventually one of the porn videos is going to really get you excited and pull you right back in.

Also, I read your entire post and in my opinion you really  need to stay away from masturbation AND porn for the next 60 days. Your constant masturbating habits are keeping your dopamine/prolactin levels high which explains you are still drawn to looking at some porn or masturbating. If you would have went 19 days without PMO you probably would have had a better and longer lasting erection with the girl.
I would really appreciate your input. What is your take on engaging in sexual activity with a girlfriend while trying to reboot? I've read most of your posts and your advice seems to be really good. I'm feeling good about this process so far, i havent even had the thought of looking at porn or masterbating since i started rebooting a week ago.
I also have a gf but we are not sexually active. We do fool around but we don't have sex and that's because she doesn't want sex before marriage. So in a way that is beneficial for me overcoming my NO PMO habit.

In your case, I guess your gf still wants to have sex. I think AS LONG you stay away from porn and touching yourself you can still recover. After 2 weeks of no PMO, I assure you will experience better erections. You may not experience a full recovery but you will see and feel the difference which will give you the indication that no PMO is working for you.

Try to not engage in sexual activity with the girl for 2 weeks so you can in fact see that no PMO is working for you...
also, don't worry about your sex libido. Your penis will get erections when it's time to... I notice on this forum a lot of males worry about spontaneous erections and their libido.
Thanks for your input i really appreciate it. Yea i had planned on no sex for atleast 2 weeks. I have just been bummed and freaked out ever since starting this process. I feel so much better about myself not watching P and Ming. I was just freaking out that now i might not be able to get it up at all with my girl. Last night i got an erection just from us kissing in the car and actually woke up this morning with semi morning wood, so that was a total confidence boost for me. Again thanks for your advice, means alot. If you have anything else you want to add, please dont hesistate.
Hey everyone, im a 20 yr old male who recently had a sexual encounter with 2 females but was unable to keep an E this was my first time having sex in a good while and caused me to panic. I started looking for what the issue might be and eventually found this sight. I have been masturbating to porn since i was about 15 and seem to have all the problems as the people in this chat room. I have completely stopped looking at porn (something tried before but unsuccessfully, which caused me to feel like ****) for 7 days now. It seems it will take about 6 weeks to fix this which seems like forever. Plus i suspect another sexual encounter in about 2 weeks. What exactly can i expect by then if i continue with no Porn or Masturbation by then?
" I will even watch porn to take the beast head on, but don't masterbate to it."
"I was very erect as she performed oral, but it went down as soon as she stopped and had to jerk myself to stay erect"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I'm wrong forum members "fire at will"

Alex the porn you are watching has and still is altering your brain & you are still masturbating just not while watching porn.  Having to jerk yourself in an attempt to stay hard means you are still suffering from the PMO condition.

You have to banish porn like it is poison.  Its like at person who smokes crack stopping and then sniffing coke.  They are still a slave of the same addiction.  

I'm telling you, YOU CAN STOP you have to dig in deep and find the will power within you.  I used to masturbate like I needed it to live, now I hardly think about it.  I look back and wonder why I was so damned hooked on it.

I've had sex a few times since my reboot and its totally different now.  I had an excellent encounter with this very sexy young lady and afterwards my head was spinning from the release.  I had not felt that sensation in YEARS!!!!

Its important that we understand that this is an addiction and we are going to try to psyche ourselves out to be able to give in to it.  

I used to masturbate at least EVERY night before falling asleep for years and I stopped cold turkey.  In the beginning I was tempted but I resisted.  Now I don't even think about it because I know the dark side of doing it.

I'm 45 years old and I had a F&^#ing wet dream 2 weeks ago I seriously was like WTF!!!!!!  I had not had one in so long I can't remember.

Rebooting WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe love_a_challenge and GhostDog were correct in their statements above, alexdallas. While it may be unnervingly difficult to refrain from P entirely, it will be absolutely necessary to speed the process along. Being subjected to porn will still have effects on your levels of dopamine and prolactin, which are the very things you're trying to abstain from affecting.

The neural pathways associated with them will not be weakened or diminished unless you remove the agent that is sharply promoting their presence, namely P. While you continue to view P, your brain will continue to be used to its sensory overload, and therefore numb the receptors, which is what you're trying to avoid.

In other news, I've passed the 24 hour mark and while I'm proud of it, I know that the most difficult aspects are yet to occur. The longest I can recall having gone without PMO in 15 years was just under a week (I wasn't trying to refrain for addictions reasons, just curiosity. The dreams were amazing.).

I have noticed that sexual imagery is nearly everywhere, be it magazines or television shows. Sex really sells, and while in a stage of refraining one begins to really notice just how prevalent it is. Having said that, this won't fix itself. It's up to me, and there's no turning back.
I'm starting to believe that as NO PMO increases, the desire to please your gf/wife increases and the desire for your gf/wife to please you balances out.

When I use to watch porn so much, I believe it made me feel like a woman really needs to service me in the bedroom just to make me happy. Now I feel like it's not that important for my gf to service me in the bedroom mainly because I really love to service her.

Too much porn watching makes us degrade women.
5 days clean from my relapse, I'm on day 69 of my reboot journey. The chaser effect was kinda brutal for 2 days, but I fought off the urges and now I'm back to feeling AWESOME. It's incredible, for years I felt depressed and helpless in my life, for no reason at all. As soon as I stopped porn, it was like an enormous weight was lifted from my mind. I feel confident, strong, a desire to connect and make friends with everyone I talk to. It's truly incredible. Porn is manageable to some, but to many that got hooked at a young age like I did, I feel it is a poison that only corrupts your mind and body. Good luck to everyone in their battle with the addiction.
Hey guys, I've been clean for a few weeks now and it is way easier to get an erection now that I've been clean. I was wondering if it would be alright to masturbate to women who have clothes on, or does that count as P. Would it be OK if they were not doing seducing actions, shaking their butt, or playing with their boobs etc, but if they are just regular "clothed" women.

THANKS!  
Since you're on roll, try not masturbating at all. Just don't touch your penis. Get you a nice girlfriend or start dating someone special. But if you do masturbate, the best solution is not to use anything at all because you are using visual stimulation to reach your orgasm. And that's not how it is with a real woman...
Alright thanks for the help :)
I have a question relating to this. I haven't masturbated in a little over a week and if i were to do it now i know the images of porn will still be in my mind even with nothing playing or any pictures is masturbating this way as harmful as what dhbdman suggested?
In my opinion, if you're going to masturbate, try to think of a normal woman you would like to be with and think of normal sexual activity with that woman. If anything, picture the woman playing with your penis. That's normal right? Or picture her on top of you and kissing you. That's normal right?

Overall, this is what I suggest if you choose to masturbate but my real suggestion is to try to refrain from masturbation completely. I know this sounds hard and it is a challenge for me too. But I really do feel like a new man, a normal man who doesn't masturbate... And I definitely feel a change in my sex libido when I'm around my gf. When I'm by myself I feel like I have no libido. To me, that is normal because if I'm not engaging in any sexual activity, why would I feel my libido kicking in? It shouldn't unless I am having sexual thoughts or watching some sexual material.

As of right now, I love my new life ( no masturbating and no porn watching). I gave my gf oral pleasure for almost an hour the last time she saw me. This was my first time doing that. I never got bored or tired of pleasing her. I believe no PMO definitely contributed to the change.
posting this again.. i posted it in the wrong forum..

hello everyone, i am 24 years old, and i probably started this addiction when i was 14..  the very first time i tried to quit, i actually managed to stay away from porn over a month and about 24 days without Masturbating... i can honestly say that it was really working for me.. i was actually getting easily aroused by the thoughts of women i been involved with..  sadly i relapsed.. this was earlier this year..  and 5 days ago i quit for the second time.. but this time my motivations are very strong.. i actually started dating a girl who is totally worth the effort.. and not only this.. i just know that my life is going to get 10x better...  i haven't talk about this with her.. with anybody actually..  but i just know that the root of my problem was the pornography.. one day i managed to touch myself like 6 times.. and i knew it was wrong.. im done with that crap..

I have a good job.. i been working out lately.. my food habits are changing.. im not just only quitting the PMO.. im changing my life style for good.

i will use this forum as a support group since i have seen a lot of people using it,  im really glad i found this..

I will be checking on the forums a lot to get support and give support.. also i will keep posting my progress.

Stay away from this addiction!

Peace all!
Bravo!! Sounds like you're on the right track Bro.
I've experienced the similar changes myself.
From my earlier comments of " I watch porn to take on the beast head on". Honestly, it's part of my healing process, it might not be for you, but it's worked for me. Beating my masterbating to porn addiction is part beating the addiction itself and part being able to eventually have a great sex life again. I don't sit there and watch porn for minutes on end or hours on end. To be frank, I will skim xhamster a few times a week. This week, think i watched it for 5-10 minutes 3 times. Not a feeling at all to pull my pants down and go at it. This is what I think, if I had gone 30-40 days without watching anytype of porn and the curiosity was just building in me, I would have logged on to one of my fav tube porn sites and likely masterbated to porn. This way, I skim it and get it out of the way. That has worked for me. Again, from what I have read in these posts, most of the motivation seems to be to stop the addiction to be able to have greats sex again. Yes I want that also, but I just want the addiction over and done with so that cloud of being a M2P addict is over and done with....... I'm a little differnt also in my ED problem. If I refrain from masterbation for a period of 3-5 days, I can have a great erection, sustained and lasting. Did it 3 times last year, and worked evey time. The problem was porn and masterbation was just something I had to have and could not go 12 hours without it. It was a horrid, horrid, addiction..............As I have posted beofre, I just masterbate regualry, one or two times a day, depends on what I'm feeling........It's along and slow process. I'm not looking at it as I need to get to day 60 so I can **** like an animal again( sure that would be fun). I'm looking at it as a life change over the years to end this addiction of 7 years. Sitting in front of the computer masterbating to porn 1-2,3,4 hours a day. Screw the messed up sex life, I'm pushing beyond that. As I'm working to overcome this addiction I realise how much time I lost to the addiciton....20 days clean and going strong.
I read your posts and I'm not trying to talk you out of your approach to curing yourself but I don't see how you are conquering this process. You say you are 20 days strong but you are still looking at porn everyday, whether you're skimming or not. As of now, it doesn't seem like you can go days without looking at porn, whether you call it attacking the beast or not. And it seems like you can't go without masturbation for days too.

I'm also letting you know months ago I tried your approach and it worked for a while until I messed around and gave into masturbating to porn all because one day I stumbled across a porn video that really caught my interest. Your method is not designed to last forever.
hi
ive been PMO since i was about 9 didnt really think anything ov it until the last few weeks n i  found this site about half an hour ago ive got quite a dilema coz ive just started to go to the gym to get myself bak in shape and take my mind off it but i always look at pictures of really fit women to keep me motivated to get in shape n as im sure u can guess it leads to quite abit ov PMO and at the moment im more intrested in getting into shape agen any tips ?
Anything that is making you want to PMO you should stay away from for several weeks until you feel you have self-control over the matter.
Good AM/PM i just want to ask for those who have ED like me, how erect is your penis when you force it to stand? Is it erect straight or it is slightly curved? and how does it stand? sorry for my grammar, im not good in english. thank you.
I believe I'm on day 3 now (and so many more to follow) and still with a strong resolve. I've found myself increasingly thinking about P and have decided that the trick is not willpower but rather setting up one's life such that it's difficult to access porn.

My dreams have been, unsurprisingly, more erotic lately and I had the first morning erection I can recall having in quite some time, which is a great sign.
The advice in this forum works however i disagree that porn is the culprit. I too have been using porn and mb and got this ed too. I followed the advice on this form thanks to all and it worked mine wad fixed in 2 months. A thought of having sex gives me instantaneous erection it dies off when i stop my fantasy.
The true culprit to this is the too much masturbation and orgasm. I strongly will single orgasm out. Too much of it will reduce ur testosterone level and that leads to soft erection.
I watch porn again but no MB nor orgasm, and infact i dont get full erection to the porn unless i put my mind to it as in fantasizing about the scene. Porn alone is not harmful i know many of u will doubt it; however it might and will probably make some people relapse thats the only harm it does.
Now PMO is ba d bcos it makes u crave for more hardcore scenes i've done that so i know what it can do to an individual. If u cannot control the urge dont watch porn else u will relapse. Porn alone will not decentralize anybody. Its the truth and i have experimented it. Just dont MBO to porn.
You don't believe porn is the main culprit??? Okay, do this....

For the next 60 days, watch porn every day (no masturbation) and see how you treat and look at women on a daily basis, as sex objects or as women. See if you can remain faithful to one women vs. the need for a selection of women. Porn gives us the ability to switch screens from one woman to another which means this will make it hard for you in real life to be satisfied with one woman. Therefore, if you are not satisfied in the mind with one woman, your desire to continuously have sex with her will decline, which means your ability to keep/sustain erections will decline.

Watching excessive porn is just as dangerous as masturbating to porn.

Also, I tried your method before (no masturbating to porn). All it did was eventually made me go back to masturbating to porn. All it did was keep me thinking about sex all day long and getting it from whomever wants to open their legs. All it did was keep me looking at 2 people have sex as if this is a normal thing to do. All it did was make me lose my excitement the 2nd time around having sex with a woman. It was like once I got it, I didn't care for it anymore. Porn turns you into a sex hunter. Porn will make you think about cheating more in your relationship. Porn will make you ask your gf/wife to do abnormal sexual things a normal woman wouldn't do like asking her if you can bust on her face.

Bottomline, porn will eventually ruin your relationship/marriage.Porn will make you feel like your gf/wife is not doing enough to satisfy in the bedroom. Porn will eventually make you masturbate to porn again. Porn will make you not appreciate the beauty of regular women. Porn will make you think your gf/wife is not attractive enough. Porn will fukkkkk up your mindddddd!!!!!!

Porn is the culprit!!!!!!
I would highly recommend that you view the following video series in its entirety:

http://yourbrainonporn.com/your-brain-on-porn-series

Historically speaking, video porn- with multiple tabs/videos open, all fast-forwarded to your favorite, most intense moments, all with the girls you find to be the most absolutely attractive- operates on the basis of providing the greatest dopamine rush possible. This is a far cry from static porn, e.g. Playboy, in that it is too easily customizable and extreme. Given that we've only had access to a this type of stimulation for a few decades, it short circuits the wiring that we've evolved to have over hundreds of thousands of years and etches new channels with which dopamine can (erroneously) travel.

Put simply, video porn is a relatively new phenomenon that we are incapable of safely processing.
I think everybody has different opinions, facts, theories, etc...... The only true fact that I know is constant masterbation will hinder your sex life as it has to me the past 7 years. I have 22 gone days without masterbating to porn. The longest I had gone before that was 14 days in Decmember and I was a terrible wreck, almost suffering withdraw symptoms(7 years of non sop masterbating to porn in front of the screen was not easy to stop cold turkey). This time around I'm more focused and motivated. I put myself on a program that I'm going to keep to. The most important one was starting to be Masterbation2Porn free on January 1st. That was a tremendous Psychological asset. Starting the new year off porn free. As I have said before, I still masterbate. In the shower, in bed, etc...... I still watch porn, just clips here and there. This past week watched it 3 times for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time. Did my body want to masterbate to it, yea, of course. But My mind is programmed not to give in to it. Si, I didn't and I wont. And as I mentioned this past week, I watched the porn to see how my body and mind would react, how I could handle it. Was I turned on by watching it, sure I was. But not an inclination to masterbate to it.It's my way of overcoming the addiction. PORN will always be around, weather I'm home, on a business trip, etc....... I don't want to be scared of it if I come across it. If I come across porn 1 month, 4 months down the line, I'm going to say to myself, hey theres porn. I use to masterbate to that all the time. Now it's just something to watch like a regular guy. I'm a recovering poen2masterbation addict. Again, to get to 40-60-70-80-90 days of bring porn2masterbation free, being free of not being in front of the computer for 1-2-3-4 hours a day masterbating to porn is going to be a lifestyle, life changing event for me. This is what I am realising. The constant and sustained erections when they come, that's going to be even greater. But I have realised it's not my only motivation. Being free of the masterbating2porn addiction and all the time, oppurtuneites, etc..... it has taken from me, and trying to make up for those losses is just as important.............. So guys, find your strengths, your motivations, the dynamic that will get you away from sitting in front of the computer masterbating to porn. Start from day one, start from zero. I did.......

Ok so saturday night sex.......   Actually 2 dates on this night. Since I'm starting to build confidence that I can get, and sustain a respectable erection 21 days free of masterbating2porn( mostly because of the intense morning wood I now get that I have not had inmmaybe 8 years), I thought why not try and have 2 sex dates on the same night........ 1st date: Drinks and to a hotel. Mind you i masterbated 3 times in the shower after work on Friday night, needed the release after a long week. So, the great detail here is I stayed erect while she performed oral for at least 10 minutes. That NEVER hapened during my porn2masterbation addiction( execpt for
the few times last year where I refrained to masterbating to anything for upcoming sex dates last year)........ So the sex was good, maintained respectable erections for 10-15 minutes the first time, then again a 2nd time. Had to jerk myself in between to get erect, but again I masterbated all week and had masterbated 3 times the night before. Had a great orgasm to finsh. Not this is not what I call a complete victory in over my porn induced ED, but I was pleasently surprised that i satyed so hard during oral and the sex was pretty good, not great. Let's just say the first date sex Saturday night gave me  just a small taste of what eventuallly cleaning my life of masterbating2porn will reward me with.

Date 2: Ok, she's a FWB: Very pretty, great body. She's on sitting on the couch and were having intercourse, it's good, I have a nice erection. But I catch a glimpse of her heels as I'm having intercourse, her feet are on the floor but shes sitting on the couch. I'm in the middle on my knees. But as soon as i saw her heels, My erection went from a 80% to a full 100%. That was just a pure natural turn on and it made me more erect. I'm attributing that to being free of porn2masterbation. Something as simple as seeing her sexy heels and feet planted on the ground as were having intercourse completly made me even more erect.So, that went on for 20 more minutes.
Went to the bed and had nice intercourse again, good erections, not great, had to jerk myself after I ost my erection to get hard then orgasmed. So, It's awork in progress I told myself........But this morning, wow. Woke up with morning wood, I felt it. I turned around and we were going at it like for 15 straight minutes. I had a full erection for at leat 15 minutes. And this is a night after 3 orgasms with 2 differnet girls and maybe 2 hours of sex. To wake up and be that ahrd, and have sex and stay that hard. Not that I needed anymore confidence and motivation that I have stopped masterbating2porn, but it just reaffirms my position that I'm not going back to it.....Friday Night I have a sex date witha gorgeous older lady who I saw maybe twice last year. The sex was good, but I had to have really quick pounding sex with her so that I could stay hard. I was lucky that both times we met, she orgasmed pretty quick. So losing my erection after 5-10 minutes was not an issue. But man, i was tired. So after I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to be masterbation free until my date with her Friday night. As I have mentioned in the past, If I can go 4-5 days without masterbating period, I can get and sustain some pretty good erections. This Friday it will be be 25 days of no masterbating2porn and 5 dyas of no masterbation. I'm very intrugied to see what the results will be. Will let you guys know.....Keep up the fight, find your avenues to stop masterbating2porn.
You still don't realize you are addicted to watching porn. You are telling yourself you can't go at least 30-60 days without looking at it. Yes we know PORN is here forever but what everyone on this site is doing is staying away from porn for several months JUST to prove we are not addicted to watching it.

We are also staying away from masturbation for several months JUST to prove we are not addicted to doing it. In my opinion, I don't think a normal man masturbates 2-3 times a day.

Yes, you are seeing results with your method but your results would probably triple if you just stay away from masturbation and porn for a couple of months.

You know, another bad thing about porn is that it makes you bored with having sex with the same person. You had great results with both your dates because your dopamine rushes were skyrocket high due to the anticipation of having sex for the 1st time with your date. On  your 2nd date, your dopamine rush will not be as high as the 1st time.