Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?
Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
Is stroking your penis without coming, still count as masturbation? Does this still harm your recovery?
in my experience the best results come from when your not thinking anything sexual for a couple weeks. Honestly thing will get terribly frustrating, but its only a couple of weeks. I have gone through a couple periods of this where i have abstained. My best results have come when i shut myself down completely for a couple weeks.

That means do your best to minimize sexual thoughts. For example, just cause you stopped looking at porn doesn't mean that you don't put normal women in sexual fantasies, i did this to try and see how i was progressing. It does slow you down.

What i would suggest, for the first 14-17 days try not to think much sexually. It will seem like a year, but in reality its not that big a deal. Just give yourself a break, don't worry, don't do anything. If you have thoughts of porn, just think of something else. To me this does two things......

First off it gives you a break, and it allows you to supress sexual thoughts for a while. It allows your brain to reset itself without any interference (ie. constant sexual thinking). Secondly it works by helping remove the porn thought from your head, the more you distance yourself from them the better off you'll be.

It could take a little longer, but again, try to limit sexual thoughts for a while and no MB. After you feel you have recovered, i don't see a problem with limited MB again. Leave the porn away, and just don't overdo it with the MB. My rule is if i have a girl i'd only MB max once a week, if not 2, and maybe occationally 3.

Through this whole process i have found out i don't really need to MB that much anyway. I'd rather save it for a much more satisfying sexual encounter.
I just read how healthy orgasms are. And it seems that more orgasms may just help prevent prostate cancer..So the conflict which I throw out to you guys. If we stop watching internet porn and masturbating, we will have less orgasms. Is there any downside to having far fewer orgasms, like increased probability of getting prostrate cancer?.

However, having said that, watching porn and masturbating to it on a regular basis, while at first gives more sexual energy eventually dulls the sensations with your spouse or girlfriend.

A little background: I have arteriosclerosis, my doctor listened to my concerns and prescribed Viagra. With Viagra I could maintain my erection, but it did not help reach an orgasm. I was having intercourse for long long stretches, enough to actually start hurting my spouse.  Yes, I know women are happy if their men can delay orgasm until they orgasm, but there is a point that delayed orgasm goes on too long.   The problem with me it was taking longer and longer to orgasm.

Prior to finding this site I read an article on the internet, saying exactly what you guys are saying that internet porn sites, with lots of free porn, is dulling our sensations with the ladies and after masturbating for months viewing internet porn, I agree, my own sensitivity with my spouse has decreased to the point I was having problems both with keeping an erection and reaching orgasm with my spouse.  I thought it was the Atherosclerosis .

Here is the complete shocker and it is so simple. Just go cold turkey with the internet porn. It has been two weeks for me.  After stopping the porn, the first time I had sex with my spouse, I was able to maintain an erection and have an orgasm from intercourse, without Viagra..  My relationship with my spouse is improving and we are having more sex. I seem to be doing much better without the Viagra.  Now this could be a placebo effect. It has only been two weeks since I stopped the porn.

Today I had a strong urge to start watching the internet porn.  Stress builds up and a orgasm is such a stress reducer.  But if I start watching it again, I know I will again reduce my sensitivity with my spouse.

Here is another real negative about internet porn. It is such an enormous waste of time, I could be doing something more productive with my life.  It is not enough to say I will try to decrease the internet porn. I have not viewed it for two weeks and used to look at it daily. so since it was an addiction I will not view any internet porn for as long as it takes to  lose interest it, and for me to return to a normal sex life with my spouse.
i am 16 i watch too much porn and i ejaculate frequently( every 3-4 days)
is it not right? what may happen to me?
Good points newzev.....

And i agree, changes can occur in as little as two weeks. Obviously this problem is both physical and mental. Physically you can drain your body, and make you less sensitive. But it can also have a tremendous mental effect as well.

I think people need to realize, when we say go cold turkey. It means cold turkey. Don't even think about porn. Don't check in on porn to see if it excites you again. The goal is to get it out of your head. Heres the thing.... think back of other bad habits you may have had in the past, one's you'd never thought you would break. Then you make a commitment to stop, its tough at first, but as time passes it becomes alot easier to break habits.

Its the same way with porn, the goal is to almost forget it exists. Or just drastically decrease the time thinking about it. If old porn movies pop into your head, even for 5-10 seconds, think of something else quick. It will be difficult at first, but over time it will become easier and easier to forget. Eventually youll be suprised at how much you can clean your memory of it. Eventualy you'll be able to get aroused by simple things again, things your supposed to be excited by.

As for MB, i think its ok to do, but after you abstained at least a couple weeks, and for me i would do it with much less frequency (1-3 times) and certainly no porn.
will my marriage survive this addiction and at what cost ?
by brokensoul70, 3 hours ago
Today there has been a lot of tears. Maybe more than usual. Actually after giving him an ultimatum my husband has begun the slow process of admitting(sort of) that he is addicted to pornography. We often go months without sex, even though we both are highly sexual creatures. When we do have sex it's a toss up between "will he be able to stay hard" or " will he come in less than 3 minutes. I could never have imagined this happening to me. He claims that he is tired, stomach ache, stressed out, kids, etc. Yet through the years I have often woken up to an empty bed and he is somewhere in the house masturbating. Once when I was pregnant he was even masturbating in bed right beside me (while he thought I was asleep) with the volume turned down on the porn channel. And let me tell you in wasn't due to my refusal to have sex. On the contrary. He has turned me down more times than I can count. His porn over the years has escalated from pretty girls doing naughty things to disgusting and violent displays that I could have never imagined him being turned on by. The last website I found depicted a girl with frightening smeared make up spread eagle with a fist down her throat .He's now toying with live sex and web cams .  I became aware of his problem almost from the beginning , but talked myself into believing that if I could just be sexier, thinner, more willing, more something... more anything...then he would stop, and choose me. I have spent years spying, confronting, threatening, hiding outside the bathroom door listening, pleading, begging, and finally in the most profoundly sad way; resorting to watching his pornography to try and feel somehow connected. I have had two babies and my body has shifted and changed the way bodies do, but I think I'm still beautiful.I am so lonely . I am an incest survivor and I have traded sex for love all my life. This is profoundly painful for me in ways that I can't even describe. He knows everything about me, my history, my patterns, my stories.I feel rejected and worthless.  I've spent years in therapy dealing with my own issues and it baffles me and saddens me that I find myself on the battleground again in my marriage.  I have cried too many times.  I'm suffering and it doesn't seem to matter to him.Everytime we come into crisis again he finds away to make this my fault. I shouldn't spy on him, every man does this,I'm neurotic, I have issues, this is about my childhood........etc. etc etc.Somehow I end up apologizing and compromising the one thing that is a sure fire way to undo my heart. But my God I love him. There are so many things I love about him. In every other way that matters he is a good man. A loving father. A kind and decent human being. He has been my best friend and I can't believe that he won't stop. After evrything I've read I'm not sure we are going to make it out. It breaks my heart because it's not just me on the chopping block it's our kids and our life that we have built together.I don't know if I can ever trust him again.The last time we had "good" sex the only way to keep him engaged was to tell him to **** me dirty. So he did. He called me a ***** and he came like a demon. It was all I could do to keep from crying at my shame. Shame because I wanted him to say it. Shame because I am willing to take anything just to feel like he wants me. I have been a ***** and I have spent my adult life trying to deal with the deep scars that have been embedded in my soul.I feel responsible for letting it get this bad. The ironic thing is that to everyone else  we're normal people. I am a yoga teacher he is a firefighter. We're not some deranged monsters. We're just two very lost people and I don't know how  we got here. Is there any way out of this hell? I'm not feeling very hopeful.
I spent most of the night last night reading 'Out of The Shadows'. I swing bewteen rage and utter despair. I felt like my life was being explained on those pages. At 2:30 in the morning I sent my husband a text demanding that when he comes home today ( he works out of town everyweek ) he brings with him him all his "gear". Web cams, laptops, cell phones,..all of it. I fear things are far worse than I have ever imagined. The missing time, unaccounted for money ( 2 bankruptcys ),and sick nagging feeling I have had all these years can not be ignored anymore. I have allowed him to make me feel neurotic and ridiculous for reacting to what has been a complete deception and breach of my love and trust. I've had it.The question is will he ever really tell the truth ? Do I have a right to finally know all the lurid details ? Will it only hurt me more or will it finally make sense of the last 12 years of gut wrenching and supposedly unfounded fears ? As I look more closely and am willing to "see" , I am becoming aware of how this has affected all of us ( our kids too). We both have a long road ahead. I'm not sure if we'll be travelling it together. My goal is to save my kids and save myself from this cycle of dysfunction. I feel like hitting him I'm so angry. And then... in the next breath I can't imagine losing him forever. I just might have to.
well i have this problem with porn i guess i watch porn every night i ejaculate to them and when it comes to sex I do enjooy it I just do not produce ejaculant during or after the tiring process I feel as though I must have some kind of problem so I do my daily routine to make sure that this problem is false it is but I have only had 1 orgasm in my life and I was 16 I think every since then nothing well as I have read in many of these comments I would like to know does the 2 weeks waitng period work??  
Man I really am happy to see this thread.  I HAVE A SERIOUS ADDICTION TO PORN!  

I am a 28 year old man and I have been watching porn since I was the age of 13, when I discovered I could ejaculate while taking a shower.  Back then I didn't really have the privacy or place to jerk off nor access to porn like I do now. so I would jerk off at night in my room or in the shower because that seemed to be what I thought was a sneaky way of getting away with it.  

In High School I was fat so I didn't really get laid so jerking off became normal and increased sometimes 2-3 times a day.  Once I got to college I had sex and loved it so much i called my dad at 2am to tell him I lost my virginity.  That night changed my life because sex now became a conquest,,,,how many women can I have sex with now....did it once I def can do it again.  And I did, throughout college I prob slept with more women then I would like to admit.  I was feeling myself I lost weight and women were taking interest in me. Then I finally met my ex-girlfriend at age 22 and we dated for the next 5 years.  Our sex life was great my ego got boosted because the woman I loved thought my **** was big.  We had sex all the time.  Then she moved to pursue her career teaching and I stayed back to finish school.  We off and on dated over the next two years and she dated others and so did I.  But I became insecure, I started to think these other men she were dating were more cut then me and had bigger dicks ( they were former college athletes and black...I'm black too but not an athlete)  So after two years of that we got back together because I moved to where she was.  we were back together and we had a great sex life but i still felt I wasn't satisfying her sexually .....I always had in the back of my head, what was her need to date others? We clicked in every other way, I only dated other women because she did.  So I started to watch porn at night before bed. She went to bed before me so it was the perfect time to watch porn.   Sometimes she would want me to come to bed because she wanted sex, but I would always find some kind of work related issue as to why I still needed to be up.

With porn I could jerk off and not feel I was out to prove something and porn wouldn't make me feel inadequate. Eventually she found out what I was doing and got very angry.  She said it hurt and I definitely could understand why. But i couldn't get over my insecurity and I continued to "sneak" (she knew) and jerk off.  Eventually we broke up.  i came home to her ******* another guy which def sent my insecurity to a whole new level.

It has now been a year and some change later and porn has now taken over my life.  At first I was out trying to **** all the girls I could.  I did have a few short relationships but porn just wouldn't let me go.  And to top it off my friend gave me this pill that is supposed to give u a even bigger erection.  Now I have never had a problem with an erection, I always thought my **** reached it full potential.  But this pill made it even harder and my erections lasted longer even though that wasn't a problem either.  And the best thing about this pill was orgasms feel amazing ...full body.  I am hooked, I buy one every 4 days and keep it in my system and jerk off as much as I can.  I mean sometimes 2-3 hours at a time, **** my **** stays hard and i love the stroke of my hand.  I still have sex with girls but cant shake the porn or the pills. Now I am worried that if i stop taking the pills I won't be able to get a full erection  I guess all i can do is try to stop watching porn and buying these pills but I am worried that my sex life will struggle because I think porn and the pill have become an addiction I feel like super **** with the pill and again porn doesn't judge me.  

I guess I wrote this to vent because I don't know who else to discuss this issue with.  I don't want long term problems or to do any damage to myself.  I guess I just need to SAY NO to porn and pills and see what happens. I hope my **** goes back to performing the way it use to because i did get full erections when I was with the woman I loved.  So maybe that may just be it.  Maybe as someone in an earlier thread said "Its just how u see the person u are with"  I do think when in love the sex is the best.
Theres not much more i can comment on this, but i will say. I've seen alot of comments over the internet about people whom had to go a couple months without sex for various reasons, thus they turned to porn. When they went back to having sex it just wasn't as good or exciting. They either had sexual problems, or just had trouble still finding sex exciting.

The thing with porn is, there is a mental hurdle as well. First off people won't admit that porn can become addicting, i beg to differ, as many on this site will as well. I have also had friends tell me they have had this problem as well. It is there. Over the past five years internet porn has become more free and acessable, thus more problems for those who watch to much porn. Some studies have been done, some agree porn is an addicition, some do not. In my opinion, and it is just that, my opinion, i believe theyll be more research done and within the next 10 years youll really see that more and more people are going to come to the realization that is is addicting.

Once you admit to yourself your addicted to porn, there are several other things that cross your mind. When can i start watching porn again? Is it ok to just cut back on the porn and watch it on a limited basis? My opinion is you can't, or youll fall right back into your old ways.

The goal is to clear the porn from your head. Like any other bad habit, the only way to do this is with commitment and time. I have broken my porn addiction several times in just a couple weeks. But for whatever reason said to myself, its ok to go back to looking at porn now. Its a mistake. It just pulls you in. Again you have to distance yourself from it. Everytime a porn thought comes up, think of something else quick. As time goes on this becomes easier and easier, and by the time you know it the porn will be a distant memory and everything will feel normal again.

I'm a healthy 27 year old male who is very lucky to read all the comments because I can relate AND HAVE FOUND SOLUTIONS thanks to everyone who has written.

I've notice how my erection has decrease significantly when masturbating and viewing sexy woman on porn sites.

Porn is harmful and it will damage your real life experiences.
When I have a girlfriend I don't watch porn because I want HER not the "computer action".  But I think porn is preventing me from having sexual/intimate encounters with real girls.

The real thing is far superior much more powerful then watching porn. Just by watching porn you can get stuck in that lifestyle of NOT WANTING SEX WITH WOMAN IN REAL LIFE.

I'm glad I found this thread and I can relate with EVERYONE plus the WOMAN that have written about their boyfriends/husbands.

If you want to release sexual tension, use your own mind and just breath in and out, relax and make your fantasies reality with yourself. Woman are as sexually active as man too, you don't have to be aggressive and perverted. Enjoy your time with the girl and things will happen if there's a chemistry.  

PLEASE READ AND TELL ME THAT THIS ISN'T TRUE.>>>
Porn will make you:

Be picky about woman.
Ignore woman.
Not treat a woman how she wants.
Not be gentlemen about intimacy.
Degrade woman.
Become Physically unhealthy. (no social life).
Behave and think Immaturely.
Be Un-passionate with females.
Think ONLY about sex when meeting woman and not establishing intelligent and funny conversation. (Not being yourself).

-Take care ya'll. I'll be ignoring pornography and getting sexually active with real girls from this point on.

;)
I stumbled across this thread after searching for similar topics. I'm 27, has been watching porn since 13 and started masturbating to it at around 15.

It was around last year that I noticed I had some sings of ED problem during my spontaneous sexual activities. I can get some erection during fellatio, but lost it as soon as I put on the condom. It was really frustrating. My sex drive was there but I just couldn't get it up.

However for planned sexual encounters, I would abstain from sex and porn for about a week to ensure I would have enough libido so to speak. This usually worked, although the erection was not massive, it was certainly sufficient for intercourse. But as expected, the refractory period might be a tad longer before the next session can commence.

So yes, refraining from masturbation (and especially porn) is a proven technique to reduce or even eliminate ED-like problems for guys in the 20s and 30s. This is my goal now.

Its grat to find such a thread

I actually come from my girlfriends house, we tried to hav sex, but I  I couldnt hav a significant erection and could not reach any orgasm. It is worrying me a lot. I am 22 and I hav been masturbating with and no porn for about 7 years, and I hav done this for the past 3 weeks in a more elevated frequency. From all these threads I understand tha wat just happened has to do with that ED thing. I could be having sex again with her in the next 2 days and I was wondering if someone has a quick solution guaranteed to work even tomorrow. And I have learned my lesson no more porn for me.

taking Viagra can be a help but be ware of the dosage, if you haven't tried it before take just 10mg but don't get addicted to it . all ED medications have side effect both physically and mentally. you can get rid of physical side effects ( headache, blushing, stomachache) but mental side effects are hard to get rid of. the least amongst them is losing your confidence and get addicted to it where you feel you cant get laid without taking it. so don't use it frequently.
Hi everyone!

great thread! i have a very similar case to ejp78 and pocketfours,

I have stopped watching porn/Masturbating since 5 days now

please keep us posted with your progress so far,
thank u!
Look here for Rockysoldier's advice

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Erectile-Dysfunction/Scared-to-Death---25-and-Erectile-Problem/show/1156733

I have integrated what both he & Pocketfours have suggested with some success.
B-Complex, Siberian Ginseng, Amidren, & a Multivitamin along with exercise have been great for me.
I have experienced some small improvements & I hope it will get even better as I exercise more.
Thank you very much my friend, this is truly of a great help :)

you gave valuable information! i'll see what can i get from those vitamins and supplements.

now it's been more a week since i stopped masturbation and porn so here what i have to offer as an update:

-I have wet dreams again, and my penis feels a bit more sensitive.

-My morning wood seems more rigid, though not a satisfying result

and now a bit of advice:

-when you go to the gym or after you go for a jogging, make sure to train your abs, it's good to eliminate any fat on that area, also lift some moderate weight (an iron bar on your shoulder would be great) and then stand straight and go up and down flexing your knees and keeping your spine straight, this will increase bloodflow to the lower part of your body and especially the penile area.

Anyone tried kegels? they seem to work, i just began doing them and from what i've read they label them as "natural viagra"
I've been reading this thread for that past two hours and I'm only on the July 2010 posts.

Today will be my 43rd day without MB and, other than a couple of "look at this moments" from friends, I have not watched porn for 47 days.

I haven't been with a woman since I've quit, but I do feel a sense of pride and high-self esteem that I haven't done anything.

When I first started to abstain from everything, I used to get strong urges to want to let one loose. My thing to keep me from doing it was telling myself that it was a weak minded activity and that, as said once already in this forum, real men don't sit hunched over a computer with  thier junk in thier hand, it's not natrual. And another thing that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is COLD SHOWERS!!! Whenever I get the urge. I jump in the shower, if i need to I'll fill up the tub and put ice just for the extra kick. in the last 43 days I've only taken 2 or 3 mild to hot showers. Look, wacthing porn is freaking lame. As men we need to dig deep in ourselves and find that animal instinct in looking and atracting women. At the same time act as evolved human beings and treat woman with the upmost respect. Any way thank you for your courage in posting your stories.    
I have been married for almost three years and have been with my wife for five.  After our first night together she asked me if she was the best I'd had and I told her that was not a fair question. I was so interested in porn and looking at other woman and fantasizing about them to climax while I was with my wife.  I haven't been with many lovers in my time and I am not a very good lover.   So when past lovers came up my wife asked me if she was the best that I have ever had.  She was, but me feeling like I didn't want her to think I was a bad lover, I  told her she was second fiddle to a girl I only slept with twice. I don't know why I lied to her but I made things worse because I lied about what I had actually done with this girl and gave this other woman credit for being the best lay I have ever had when in reality my wife was the best I have ever had, not to mention the best looking.  I don't know what made me tell my wife these lies but I thought way deep down that if I tried to build this other woman up that somehow my wife would think I was some kind of dynamo  in the sack.  The truth is I am a lousy lover a lousy husband and worst of all a lousy human being.  My wife is still very angry and she has every right to be.  I have hurt her more than I could ever imagine giving someone else her credit when  she has been the best I have ever had.  My erections are weak at times because of the porn and thinking of other woman.  I hate the fact that when I am trying to make love to my wife and trying to focus completely on her and her needs sometimes I go limp.  This is going to take a lot of time and effort in order to fix what I have done. But porn, lies and looking at other women and bringing their images into the bedroom are out. I just hope anyone else who has done anything similar to this please don"t.  Leave the porn, fantasies and other women out of the bedroom and focus on the one you love.  To all with these problems good luck!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.