Trouble keeping an erection? Only 19
Hi guys, so i started dating my boyfriend almost a month ago and our relationship is great. We have stable communication, a good understanding of eachother and it's going good.
We did tell eachother about our sexual history before engaging in any sexual ourselves. My boyfriend (19) has only been with one person and that was back in November when he also lost his virginity. I (22) have been having sex since 18. So when we attempted to have sex the first time he didn't seem nervous, he didn't seem intimated or anything but he couldn't keep an erection for longer than 30-60 seconds. So we didn't end up having sex. We tried again a few days ago and same thing happened. We performed oral sex on eachother and there was enough fore play . He just can't keep an erection for that long at all. His self esteem is pretty bad because of it and he thinks he going to go to the doctor and see what's going on. He does have a hernia that he surgery on but no other medical problems. What could this be? He's only 19.
Hi there,
Erection problems can be attributed to stress, anxiety, fatigue, medical issues or a pre-occupation with work or some other aspect of their lives. A process of erection involves your brain, nerves, hormones, and blood vessels. Anything that interferes with these can lead to problems getting an erection.Emotional causes are common in younger men while physical causes are common in older men. Low levels of testosterone can also cause erection problems. If the problem is severe it is best to contact a counselor or a doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Hi there. Your boyfriend almost certainly has performance anxiety erectile dysfunction. It is very common and it is not his fault. If you take intercourse off the menu altogether for a week or so that will take the "pressure" off of him. Then sometime when he has a good erection you come on top of him and do all the work while he just lies there and dose nothing. Try to have a sense of humor about it if you can and good luck to you both.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle