Men's Health Community
Twitching/rushing sensation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Twitching/rushing sensation?

Hey I'm an 18 year old male, 5'10 . About 135 pounds.

Lately when I'm laying or sitting down at home, my calves, thighs, buttocks, biceps, triceps, abdomen, chest, feet, etc.. have been involuntarily twitching/ spasming.
I exercise daily; I walk a lot, and skateboard. Drink plenty of water, eat somewhat healthy.

But I get these twitches that feel like the muscle goes up then down quickly. I also get this feeling in my left leg that feels like blood rushing or a type of sensation like that..
I haven't experienced these symptoms til about 3 months ago; and since then they have been constant.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my left gland/tonsil is really swollen and is the only one that's swollen. It's been like this for about 2 months and I've had these twitches and sensations when my gland swoll up.

If anyone has any information on what this may be from it'd be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!
:)
1 Comment
Blank
Hello,
A detailed history and neurological examination is necessary for diagnosing your illness. The common causes are damage to the nervous system, metabolic disorders .Any deficiency in salts and electrolytes could also be responsible for muscle spasms. Exercising heavily can cause depletion of salts which are necessary for muscle control. Get evaluated. A clinical examination and tests like serum electrolytes, thyroid gland function, CT scan of brain and EMG may be advised depending on the clinical findings. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank