Varicocele
My husband found a lump in his testicles and was told that he needed to have a ultrasound.  We just heard from the doctor and they said it was a varicocele.  They also mentioned that he had a thrombosis or a blood clot.  They said that if his pain continues they can do surgery to removed the varicocele, but that they were not to concerned with it.   I have been able to find lots of information about varicocles online but not many mention having blood clots along with the varicocele.  Should we seek a second opinion? What are the risks of having a blood clot in that area? I would like any information you can give me. Thanks

Hi Cj, See if this helps, Varicoceles occur in about 15% of the population.  More than 90% occur on the left, 5% on the right and the rest are bilateral.  Varicoceles are due to a defective valve in the vein that drains blood from the testicle.  They fill by gravity and therefore are not detectable while recumbent but apparent when upright.  On examination, the lesion feels like a bag of worms.  Small varicoceles may only be detected by imaging studies such as ultrasound.  A varicocele that does not disappear when lying down may indicate a tumor in the abdomen (but this is quite unusual).  Varicoceles are generally painless.  Often men present to the doctor with pain in the testicle and the varicocele is discovered at that time.  In my experience, the pain is very rarely due to the varicocele and usually due to prostatitis (an inflammation of the prostate gland).  In other words, the varicocele is an incidental and unrelated condition.  Varcioceles may cause an infertility problem manifest by lower sperm counts and increased numbers of immature sperm in the semen on analysis.  However, the majority of men with varicoceles do  NOT have infertility.  Of men who have abnormal semen analyses and varicoceles,  in about 70% of them, the 2 are related and fixing the varicolele often will improve their fertility.  If a teenager or young man with a varicocele has a smaller than normal testicles on that side, there is an increase risk of infertility and many urologists consider this an indication to fix the varicocele surgically.   Other than for infertility, thereare just a few indications for repairing a varicocele.  They can be fixed for cosmetic reasons or because they become too weighty.  There are several types of varicocele repair, but they all have in common ligating the vesssels supply in the varicocele rather than actually removing the veins.  This prevents blood from filling the varicocele.  Good luck.
Neck Pain Treatment QUICK FIX
Jul 26 by gymdandee
Israeli researchers find way to det...
Jul 26 by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Jul 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle