Men's Health Community
Very worried about my boyfriend. Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Very worried about my boyfriend. Help!

I am posting this because I am becoming increasingly worried about my boyfriend. If anyone could give me any ideas from the following, and if I should be as worried as I am and what to do about it, that'd be great!

He's 21 years old, in good health and quite fit.
Been really tired for the past month, however, the past week and a half it's gotten increasingly worse. He can sleep for 20+ hours a day and still feel like he hasn't slept at all. All he wants to do is sleep.
He has become increasingly thirsty, that is never fully quenched.
He has had a decrease in his appetite.
He has a drastically decreased sex-drive.
When he wakes up, it takes a good 5-10 minutes for him to be able to focus his eyes
He also mentioned feeling "not normal" but couldn't figure out how to explain it.

I'm trying to convince him to go see a doctor but it's a long process because he's refusing to admit that anything is wrong. Does anyone have any ideas??
Oh! I forgot to mention that about the decreased sex-drive, it's not just with me, his girlfriend, he even tried watching porn the other day and got nothing from it. He just has no sexual drive whatsoever.
exsessive thirst and lack of sexual appetite leads me to wonder about diabetes...he really needs to get checked out as this can very quickly (if I'm right) get very dangerous if not deadly for him

Jim
A had an ex-shipmate who was the same way.

He was 23 when he was diagnosed with adult onset diabetes perhaps you should have him checked out.

if he is worried about going to a doctors there are home self tests that he can take.
Thank you all for your help! I finally convinced him to go to the walk-in clinic tomorrow. I guess we'll find out an answer then.
I do hope your boyfriend is okay,

please let us know.
And if it turns out to be diabetes, IT CAN BE TREATED AND HE CAN LIVE A NORMAL LIFE and feel better than he's ever felt in his life..I have it myself...and with a few modifications in routines, meals, etc...he'll be good as new.

Jim