Men's Health Community
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STOP MASTURBATING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STOP MASTURBATING

as mentioned what happens if you just don't masturbate?

do your testies get bigger?

i have only ever had one wet dream and i have gone 4 weeks without a pull..... what happens if you just don't wank

does anyone not wank?

i usually do it at least twice a day
Viewing 1-200 comments:
According to Spud in Irvine Welsh's infamous "Trainspotting", "I've got balls like ***** watermelons, man," yes they do increase in size if you abstain long enough, but I don't know how exaggerated this is.

Once after I thought I had injured my penis and was waiting to go to the urologist I did stop masturbating for a few days, and after about two days I woke up in the morning so horny, my penis was so sensitive, that I simply had to masturbate (session didn't last very long), otherwise I never would have gotten back to sleep.

I think it's just virtually impossible, or very difficult, to completely stop.  Try stopping for a few days, you'll notice the building-up of tension and sexual energy, until you won't be able to walk down the street without seeing a girl, getting an erection, and running for cover and... you get the picture...
i might give it a go, see what happens....

what happens in those religions where you can't think or act on it hmmmm a lot of frustrated people i would imagine
Yeah, giving it a go might be fun; a new kind of outlook on things for a little while, it would probably be refreshing.

Yep, abstinence is a lot to ask for from people... alot of frustrated people, as you say, and maybe alot of people sneaking off to do their business.  But who knows, maybe if they never thought about energy as sex-energy, and didn't think to relieve it, they'd be alot more productive perhaps.
pft, i'm a baaaaaad Catholic; i masturbate every day, but around the whole religious thing, i really don't care. god gave me a hand and a penis, so why not use them together? it can't possibly be as bad as rape or prostitution as a means of releaving sexual tension, right?
Have to agree with skunkcabbage31 on this one, I would think masturbation is better than rape or even STDs like HIV, it may be solo but its clean.

I have wrecked my brain for over 51 years trying to find out why I should stop masturbating, a total waste of time, I may as well have spent 51 years trying to find out why I should stop breathing.

I dont think the act of masturbating is a sin, some say its the fantasy that goes with it, gee it must be hard not to have a fantasy while doing it, ever tried walking past a pretty girl in a mini skirt, crikey we are all rotten sinners, we would not be human if we didnt have a sneaky look, if the churches think people are that tough they had better take a reality check.

As for what happens if you stop masturbating, good luck if you can do it, two hours after having a Vasectomy I made love to my wife, just wanted to make sure it still worked.

Two days after I got a Hole in the Heart repaired I was masturbating, its part of who you are.

One day after a hernia operation I was masturbating, I got turned on by the young nurse that shaved my pubic hair off.

Just try and keep away from all the filty porn that is stuffed into the internet, that will turn anyone nuts, it is designed to mess with the mind that is why folks become addicted to it, (me included) I am still recovering from that sh-t.
I think we have reached a pretty conclusive consensus on this one!!

But crazywille: how does internet porn mess up your head?  I mean, I know it messes up your computer, but I'm curious as to what you meant by that statement.  I watch alot of satellite TV porn.  Please expound.
Well newdude, for starters some folks become dependant on porn to achieve orgasm.

To much porn watching by the wrong person can lead to people cheating on their partner.

One of the worst things about porn is the viewer starts off looking at mundane stuff but after a while craves more and more obsene stuff to give them that great feeling, sooner or later they search and search for some of the outlandish **** that is not fit for human eyes, that is messing with peoples heads.

Also causes problems for some wives when husbands expect them to perform like porn queens, heaven help them..

A perfect example of what porn can do to a person was  T Bundy one of the USAs and worlds worst mass murderers, he admitted that porn started his sex crazed life, he started of by masturbating in front of girls dorm windows, from there he just went from bad to worse until he became totaly mad.

Read this to understand what I mean about messing with your head
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy

Porn today is the scurge of society, with the click of a mouse children can lie about their age and look at hardcore garbage.

There are websites all over the world where folks can get help to stop porn addiction, why?, because many of them have busted relationships or are on the verge of busting up, their heads are so full of this garbage that they need help.

Yes I am one of those people, I first started looking at porn 35 years ago, way back in the 8mm movie film days, thankfully I am not that far gone that I cannot give porn away, I have been OK for quite sometime and will do all I can to help others beat the habbit.

I for one have smashed about 2 or 3 modems to stop me from going on the internet, always the same, less than one or two days later I was back looking at it again, not everyone looses control but I feel that sooner or later people start craving for more way out stuff.

Hope that helps you understand what I meant by messing with a persons head.
Interesting, crazywillie, that definitely explains something.  I can relate, maybe not to the extremism of Ted Bundy's example, but I used to look at a lot of porn, on amphetamines to boot.  That became my addiction - amphetamines and naked women.  I have since stopped, but I still don't know what that evil combination has done to my brain & physiology.  It's was super bad, in many ways, especialy the amphetamine aspect... not only was it so damn good to masturbate on speed, but I think my pleasure centres have been skewed in more ways than that, too.  Luckily I stopped in time, and can still lead a quasi-normal life with the help of exercise and NO drugs.  I still struggle though: for instance, when I listen to a song now that would make me really happy a year ago (last Christmas I was on speed all the bloody time), I break into a frustrated sweat, because of the memories that it brings; I remember how amazing that song made me feel on speed last year, and it was like I was in a different world, and I realize that I will never again feel that good, never have such a rush of endorphines or such a completely ultimate affirmation.  It makes me want to go and buy some speed, a pack of smokes and some dope, but there's a good reason why I stopped all that shite half a year ago.
Well my friend I dont know what masturbation would be like whilst taking drugs, never tried them.

Congratulations for getting off that stuff for half a year, I guess we all have different ways of getting kicks, my way has always been making love with women, still waiting for a woman that is a continual hot lover, all I have been with have been OK for a few weeks/months then it gradually got reduced, some to once a week some to Bithdays/New Years Day/Fathers Day, I guess that is part of the reason I have been married three times.

Enter masturbation, if I had not have masturbated for nearly all of my life I think I would have been a lot crazier than I am now, as previously stated my only regret was getting hooked on porn, not anymore though, I am sick of letting my dirty mind and my penis run my life, I want to take control these days, yes I still masturbate and enjoy it, thankfully when I finish these days I dont feel like a dirty grub that was hooked on porn to make some mongrel swine rich.

None of my business but I wish you well in your fight against drugs, I feel a whole lot better without porn I cant begin to imagine how you would feel to kick the drug habbit, there is only one way you can go and that is up.
Thanks, crazywillie.  I appreciate it.  Well... c'est la vie, eh?  I did what I did, it had its pros & its cons.  Que sera sera, as the wise ones will say.  I do exaggerate the long-term effects: usually I'm fine, and I was doing really well, I just experience occasional downs & nostalgic feelings which make me bitter, such as the ones I described above.  When I'm good, I'm great, and when I'm down, it stinks, but I shouldn't complain.  Things could be worse, I really ought to grow up and bite the bullet, accept my mistakes and move on... anyways, cheers pal!
its already been 9 days sins i havent masturbating and im trying to make it till one month....its prety hard though because u just cant take that hand out of ur pinus but i tried it but my record is 7 days and what happens is that u just cant hold it anymore that when u masturbate u feel it so plesures that when u eyaculte the sperms are bilt in some kind of a liquid but dense that u feel so good....se if u could try it!
yeah bu what happens if you masterbate everyday do youre kids in the future come retarded
for some reason
wow i thought i was the only one sike. I stopped for like 2 months then when i came **** looked like yogurt and left a big mess. Now i do it like every other day or maybe a week and cant stop.
probably not as it gives your germ cells a good workout to replenish new sperm every time the previous batch is used up! might result in retarded babies if you don't make new sperm, as it sits there and degrades. however there will definitely be a bunch of new sperm which can have a chance of producing offspring with disabilities.

on this subject... i wonder how celibate monks deal with not wanking/masturbating for their entire lives... i'm guessing their bodies just clear the sperm up and gets used to them not doing it.
On average, how often does a guy in his late 30s masturbate? I wouldn't think all that much, because when would you have time?
hey huyz masturbate to me does effect u..i  would love to stop it it has been  4 days since i have...and i have started feeling good..i want to excerside  now ...but when i used to masturbate daily i used to remain quite tired all the time..
try to get out of it...try to remain  buzy  just try  and  keep on trying....i know it is quite difficult but u have to  keep trying it can take years but one day u will stop  some how..i also have  belife that continues effort to get out of this habbit will be  rewarded in success  but yes it could take  years  ...and all u people  who r 19  and still job less  u need to  work hard  guyz..go find  job go and earn money...and to do tough job it is neccessary not to masurbate coz other wise u will have to quit ur job very early....coz masturbate makes u extremely tired every other minute...
okay i haven't choked the chicken for almost a month now, im not sure if they got bigger. but the left one does feel heavier
Dudes, it is possible to "stop masturbating". Until now I'm reaching my record: "3 months and about 20 days". It is kind of frustating waking up with an erection, but all my time I wasted on wanks I use it on more productive things... Clean... For a while now ;)
They aren't bigger: myth...
Good luck for those who are trying.
just keep on trying.and i think if you can engage you mind in anything you are intrested in,(other than porn) than we can definetely defeat this one.it's killing me inside and whenever i masturbate i feel pissed off with myself and my confidence inside of stoping it also goes down.so i am also trying to stop this thing not for forever but right now for at least
1 month.i know it wont be an easy one but i just keep on trying.i always try to wait for more time then i waited previously.i started with 1 day gap
and i am happy that i waited for 19 days last time.i want to increase it up to 31 days(1 Month) at least.theres no god no nothing,just us ourself
to stop this.
Okay, Here's the deal. I have done this before. I stopped masturbating for about a month. It was dumb. I had multiple wet dreams and that got real annoying because I was staying at someone elses house. I had a wet dream, and then had another one when I went back to sleep after cleaning myself off in the middle of the night. Anyway, so that part of it was annoying.

The other thing here is that your man parts really benefit from occasional ejaculation. Really you should ejaculate at least once a week. the penis needs to be expanded occasionally so that you don't lose the ability to expand when you get old. your prostate needs to be cleared out too so that you don't end up with an enlarged prostate when you get old.

So in my opinion, not doing it is a bad thing.
On August 16th, 1960, as a part of the Air Force research program (Project Excelsior), Air Force Capt. Joseph W. Kittinger Jr. stepped off a platform raised to 102,800 feet over Tularosa, New Mexico by a high-altitude balloon.

The Air Force program was designed to investigate the use of a parachute for escape from a space capsule or high-altitude aircraft. To survive the altitude Kittinger wore a pressure suit like those for astronauts.

After 4 minutes, 36 seconds of free fall Kittinger reached a speed of 714 mph (becoming the only human to break the sound barrier without being enclosed in a machine of any kind) and falling 84,700 feet before opening his parachute. He landed safely after 13 minutes, 45 seconds after jumping.

I have to say I know exactly what you're going through. I am a female(yeah, I know but not only men have this dilemma) and I have been masturbating since just before I became a teen.  I am 32 years old now and I have been trying like crazy to stop. I used to do it about 3 times a week those years ago, but when I was in my early twenties and had a boyfriend(now a minister) I asked if masturbation was a sin. When he told me that it is I have been trying since then to stop. I have to say it's harder than I thought it would be. I am easily aroused and no matter how victorious I feel when I turn away during one day of fighting the urge, it is in the next day that I let loose just to get rid of the frustration.
I guess what I'm trying to say, anybody can do anything with the strength of Christ. No matter what though, whether you mess up or you have fought with all your might to quit doing what you know or think to be wrong, God still loves you and desires only that you give him your attention and love him too. Also too, he's more patient with us than we are with each other and that's gotta be worth something.  That in itself would be the perfect way to quit masturbating because when your focus is on that which is holy you don't have time or even the desire to give into your lusts. It really is hard to stop. Once I went an entire 5 months without doing it, but I allowed the thoughts to re-enter my mind and I messed up. The only thing to do after that is to acknowledge your sin, ask forgivness and keep trying. Don't give up.
I am pissed off. I usually masturbate once a day but today i did it three times after i found a new porn website. I am sick of it. I am planning to stop it forever... I dont want this ******* sex feelings.
man but masturbating does not make u any harm right? because in my penis i have like this dots . you know where you open the penis theres this pinkess thing under that is it bad?
Masturbation is a good habit provided you do not feel guilt and overdo it.Natural urge and not the artificial stimulation should be satisfied with the self help.
This urge is also an energy.It can be converted into positive mental energy if you can learn to divert your mind to something creative Zen, Taoist yoha, meditation, Concentrating on meridians are techniques which can help to convert sexual energy to mental or spiritual energy.Enough literature is available.This can transform ones life if it is seriously learned and followed.
ive been masturbating for round 10 years and see no reason to stop.its the safest way to release sexual tension anyway.as for porn keep away from it.u can get addicted and the **** never leaves ur head.also what the teacher says is ********.ive had wet dreams and masturbated.and one more thing..it does leave u weak for a while but u recover fast!
Here is a way to keep your mind away from masturbation..

* Go have fun with your family/friends
* Enjoy the outdoors
* Have sex
* Get a job..
People, i really wanna stop tis masturbatin ****! Though its not like i masturbate every single day but i just wanna stop it, i asked people on da internet n some say i should not stop it n others say i should, cause they say it might cause somethin 2 my body, n im kinda freaked out when those guys send me a file of wat masturbatin will cause my body if i masturbate 2 much. Butt i could only stop masturbatin 4 6 days n i keep tellin myself 'dont do it dont do it dont do it" but i still did i really tried lots of things like prayin, do push ups, sit ups n other exercises to keep me tired so i wont hav 2 do it can any1 else plz help with tis problemo?
Hey bro... check out this link to MedHelp. I heard about this study last year. It's findings are not conclusive yet, but it does look like it may be more factual than false.

Hopefully this will help you and encourage you not to be so down on yourself when you give in to temptation.

Here's the link http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20090127/masturbation-and-prostate-cancer-risk

hey dude, the info i am going to give you is from extensive research done by me . i hope you find all your answers.

masturbation is overall a bad thing. masturbation kills your concentration and memory power. it weaken your eye sight, dark patches under eyes, and lose weight. sperms are nothing but HIGH RICH PROTEINS. so everytime you are masturbating, you are throwing out proteins, hence your body growth stops and maturity comes mentally and physically. a change is observered on face if one masturbates before the right age and the growing of brain cells stops after the 1st masturbation. hence 99% people are smart and score great grades when they are child and catch up easily than the adults or sexually active teenage. masturbation not only affects your eyes, but also hairs. so you are getting bald ad losing hair then think, you are masturbating more than your body can.

now talking about masturbation and religion. in Hindu (indian) mythology, conserving semen is the most difficult penance, and one who conserves his semen, gets a different glow on the face and a sharp memory, active body and clear thoughts and resistance to diseases and these are scientifically proved. masturbation is not at all a bad thing in any sense, neither scientifically nor spiritually, but one who exceeds the limit of it, has a pay a price for it... think about this... for everything goood, you need to pay a good price.. and you might have heard the famous quote, "there is no such thing as free lunch", you have to pay a price to get this pleasure and the price is getting dumb, bald, weak eye sight, loss in weight or sudden increase, losing the glow on the face , etc etc.

now , for people who are already doing it, it is really advisable to stop in early age, else its no use. and i must also tell you one thing, 30 days you need to control and then on 31 day you will be normal,faster , stronger and sharper. but these 30 days are the hardest and 1 out of 100 can completely pass 30 days without masturbating and having sex. keep yourself busy in job, study and be social. that will divert your mind.

moreover , if you want to puff yourself and build your body, masturbation is poison for you. after alll, you eat , exercise, build proteins and then you throw it...its no use, its not gonna help at all.. all you would be able to do is **** long that it, but not 6 pack abs or awesome shaped body.

the best method and never-failing method of stopping masturbation is doing YOGA.
i am a All India national champion and we were taught a special yoga for masturbators and the first thing we were taught before starting yoga was "not to masturbate".

so all you people who want to be bald, fat, or skinny, four eyed, tired, lazy , dull and dumb  then wake up its never too late... you can do it... i did it too !!!

and for all who wantt to be the same, please keep your hands in pants and enjoy ! ;)
if still anyone needs more info i can give... i have lot more stats and info but i am tired typing...
have fun guys..
You are saying that if you don't have sex then you need to have masterbations.  This tells you that your sexual impulse is dominating your rational thinking process.  You can be happy and healthy while depending on neither sex nor masterbation (masturbation).  Why couldn't you think of this option?  Again, because you are enslaved by your sexual impulse.  Once you are enslaved by your sexual impulse, you are endentured (at least for this issue in your life) to the prince of the World namely Satan.  It takes years of discipline to be free from sexual impulse.  What kind of life's great achievements doesn't take years of discipline?  Then you will realize why God made sex enjoyable when you do it with your married spouse (opposite sex).  
I have been wanking it since the 3rd grade, roughly everyday. My longest no-wanking spell has been about 10 days. I don't buy in to any of the religious stuff. I only thought about cutting back when I started doing it more than once a day, and I also realized that it felt better if i did it only every other day. I just want to decide when to masturbate, rather than my penis telling me when to do it. My goal is to cut down to around twice a week, right now I am still getting used to every other day, then i'm going for every 3 days. If i was having sex with a girl, I wouldn't care if I was cumming 3 times a day, i just want to make orgasming something either with someone or to relieve the pressure.
I began masturbating in the 6th grade... it wasn't until my freshman year at college that I realized how I was letting my feelings and emotions control my actions.  I was a slave to my desires.  So I stopped... for 40 days.  Yeah it was difficult, but everytime I had the urge I just reminded myself that I wasn't going to let my desires control my actions... I have the choice; I'm not forced to masturbate, though sometimes i felt that way.  But when I looked at it that way it was easier for me to just say, "no body, you're not going to do it." After the 40 days I did it once, and I felt so childish and imature; like a teen confessing he still like to play with his sisters barbies.  I realized how stupid and imature it was.  Yeah, it's extremely difficult to get over, but you've just to put your desires in their place.  Don't be a slave to 'em.  If you don't want to masturbate, then just don't do it.  Easier said than done, i know, but dudes, if you don't have the discipline to control your own bodies, what else do you lack discipline in??
I am still a teenager and I masturbate regularly. I don't think there is a problem with it at all! Yes watching porn is bad, which is why I don't do it, and masturbating too much is bad as well, but I really think that there is nothing wrong with mastuabtion in itself. I masturbate every few days, it really depends on how I feel, sometimes I go a week without and sometimes I do it every day.
As for the whole religious thing I am a christian myself, and as far as I know there is only one verse in the Bible that maybe refers to masturbation. So I really don't think thats enough. If God really thought that masturbation was a sin he would have made it clearer in my opinion (there are several sexual related things that are specifically mentioned, masturbation is not one of them). And why on earth would we start producing sperm and have these sexual urges etc at such an early age if we were not supposed to releave ourselves?
Masturbation has had no bad effect on me at all. I do well in school, I don't feel tired all the time, my body is normal and I don't let it waste loads of time, so its not like I would become loads more productive if I stopped.
Quit if you want, but don't tell others that it is bad for them... it's quite natural and it really doesn't make you a slave (unless you do it too much etc). Research shows that it is good for a man to ejaculate regularly, its a natural thing.  
Maybe this website will help, it seems to have quite a lot of good info (and it has no ponographic images or anything) jackingworld.com
I managed to stop for just over 6 months from last december, and stopped looking at porn as well just because I felt I was getting dependent on the two. The first month and a bit was really difficult, but from then on it was actually got quite easy (partly saying to yourself well you've got this far, don't screw it up now), and actually made me feel a hell of a load better, mentally and physically, like I would wake up each morning with energy and no longer feeling tired, and also would feel a load better about my self.

After about 6 months some stuff was getting me down and I slipped back into it as a way of relaxing, but now wish I hadn't. I've got no problem that I didn't stop and never go back, but having gone back I feel like its taken over again. I've tried stopping again but always quit after at most 4 or 5 days, but am gonna try again from now. Really hope to get beyond the month point so it begins getting easier, but am not going to try and abstain completely, will have a tug at some times, but going to try and keep myself from getting back to how I am now.

Wish me luck.
cousin told me to  masturbate i tried it it iz fun but when readerz learn whats good and bad about masturbating. in my rapid healing foods book it says you hould realese it once a month for healty contractions. it messes with your prostate gland.  i stopped for 2 weeks for health ive been to the gym lift heavier weights when you stop this ******** when i masturbate then go gym you get a head ache it says in my book you get lower back pain feel tired and lazy and i cant lift heavy weights. you go weak and skiny if you masturbate always. you need zinc and copper to have sperm  or buy italion tablets for big sperm shots fun fun fun.. but bad for you i suggest you masturbate once a month people and lived in england now am in pakistan living easy trying to stop for a body and health thank you!!!
for the new coming generation before they even know properly abt sex...they get to see porn...so its teaching children..too...i dont think its avoidable..its already become part of life for the younger generation teens....unlike older people....who started watching in the late 20 s or 30 s ... only proper thing is to teach proper habits....i dont think watching porn is addictive .its boring after watching too much.its just a habit which can be avoidable...
masturbation can speed-up aging, and almost all roots of it is not in a clean thinking, the first time you do it do you think clean or you don't feel guilt about it? or you just discovered how to do it? or friends told you to do it by malicious stories, in my opinion masturbation is not good though some medical doctors told us it's not bad, because they too have the same situation that is controlled by subconsciously enabled animal instinct, it is not the evolved state. that's why people today have no longer lifespan, because our body and mind has been corrupted, sex drive is the thing that made us not different from the animals, in a sense we say we are evolve but deep inside it is not, it is the veil that human can't get rid of, but i think it is possible, that's why the messiah told us "Be Holy" because we have that potential to get rid of it, it's just we allow ourselves to be controlled by it by reminding us the pleasure it gives when we do it, that's why we can't get away with it, combating to it is a waste of time and impossible but i am not hopeless, the scripture has the answers, if you want the true happiness it's not in the pleasure we get from that thing, it is only an illusion, a virtual reality, it is something behind the veil, in the total darkness there behind is the light, just believe, so good luck guys..

and btw have you ever wondered why X-rated have the symbol XXX though it says roman numeral number 30, in hebrew letter it is lamed probably was to *****, sting, incite, goad or teach representing a staff and etc.. and there it says only when your 18 years of age can enter or look at it.
is XXX a mask of 666? and add it 6+6+6 is = 18? and if you believe the book in a verse in revelation i forgot what chapter it is, it says its a number of man.

and in the book of Genesis, adam and eve has been tempted by the serpent that they will not die if they eat the fruit of that tree and ate the fruit of that tree and after they have eaten it, saw their nakedness and they are ashamed of it, then they were driven out in the garden of eden and they died. knowledge enabled man to distinguish good and evil.
and great men fell because of that thing, even angels, it is recorded in the holy books.

I fasted for three days only drinking water, first day was horrible I had intense cravings, my stomach hurt a bit the second day, but on the third day the pain went away and my body became so accustomed to not eating that once the 72 hours were up I wasn't that anxious to eat.

I noticed that the longer I fasted the sicker hot dog and other greasy foods looked and how much more delicious fruit and salad looked, which I didn't care for much before, but I was open to them
and they have better health benefits than greasy fried food

maybe it's the same for this..
you'll become more attracted to someone who you probably wouldn't before someone who would probably have much more benefits and fun times in the long run
Formula to stop maturbating

The first one month would be the hardest part...........but some how you will have to break your head and try not to think about it..........regular exercise could help you with that.......and hanging out with friends could also take your mind off masturbation.......after one or two months of effort you ll have complete control over masturbation..........then you should watch porn movies when ever you feel that your sexual tensions have built up........in order to relieve or blow of that tension, but at the same time don't masturbate............so practically watching porn would increase your chances of a wet dream, which i think is better than masturbation........so there you have it "The formula to stop masturbation".

how do i know this you might ask.................personal experience..............

i started masturbating when i was about 13 years old.........and i've always wanted to stop it..........because it always gave me this guilt feeling..............so no matter what i did i could not stop........but finally i found out this method.......at the age of 21..........and i had stop masturbating from 6/april/2009..............and right now its been........about 9 months and i have not masturbated ever since..........i go to the gym regularly and now i'm more healthy and confident!
Sexual arousal is a very powerful energy. It can be dissipated by masturbation or intercourse or it can be converted to mental energy by a simple technique.
When you feel that you are getting sexually arouse, do deep abdominal breathing (five inhalation and five exhalation) Even by this simple method your excitement will be controlled.
If this does not help, Inhale and exhale, while exhaling contract your lower able men (contracting, PC muscle, perineum, anus muscle, and navel) as long as you can hold. Do this three or four times. While doing this contraction, imagine that red light or white light emerging from your genitals,going to your brain through your spinal column. This will help to conserve your sexual energy and you are likely to be free from the habit and increase your mental energy. If you are somewhat successful with this technique you may want to go in more details of this technique.
You may search the word, Sat kriya, Mulbandh, (root lock), Uddian bandh Navel chakra lock) Vajroli kriya (kegel exercises) There are number of website on Tantric kriya which can help you in all sorts of sexual problems and enhance your life’s quality.
Another simple method to cool down all types of excitement including scare of you school examinations; Take an abdominal breath, tighten your whole body including your face and exhale smiling and relaxing the whole body.To learn this method, practice as many times as you can –per day. Whish you best of luck. This can transform you life
my masturbation addiction started at 14. after seeing "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld, I tried masturbation and was hooked. Once I discovered my fetish, I began masturbating to porn pics once I got home from school. 4 years later, I got my own laptop, moved on to videos, and my life was never the same. it reached the point where I would finish with college courses for the day and spend endless hours masturbating over and over. Its only been 3 days since I stopped and things arent changing 4 the better. My sleep has been constantly interrupted by nightmares and sexually vivid dreams after which I lay in bed tossing and turning as I fight the urge to masturbate. by the time I fall back asleep, its nearly morning and i go through the rest of the day extremely tired. I just wish the urge would leave    
I asked my MD about masturbation because my husband does it all the time--he is 61 and does it just about every day for hours--when ever I am out of the house or even out of the room, he does it.  My doctor said that absolutely NOTHING will happen if he stops masturbating--except he will feel uncomfortable, but nothing bad will happen.  He will not fill up with ejaculate and get sick or have something terrible happen to his body because he had no had an orgasm in about 3 or 4 months.  I think he is obsessed with it--we do have sex at least 3-4 times a week so he can not say he is deprived, etc.  My personal feeling is that if you WANT to masturbate--go for it, but if you feel COMPELLED to masturbate then you may want to seek help.  I sure wish my husband would.

Regards--
for the first time last night I went to sleep after only 5 minutes of laying in bed; only mildly feeling the urge to masturbate. I slept through the entire night.  While I still had a bad dream, it was less vivid than nights past and didnt interrupt my sleep. I feel mentally stronger and more confident with every night that I successfully weaken the power this habit has had over my life.  
I asked 2 MD's and a psychiatrist (also an MD) what happens if a man has no sex and does not masturbate.  Other than the "uncomfortable feelings" (and every man defines how he feels diferently) there is no medical/physical problem that will occur.  The semen/sperm does not build up (it is absorbed by the body) and the penis/testicles will not explode (even if you feel that way!!).  Yes, your penis and testicles will enlarge a bit, but that wwill go down af ter awhile, so do not be concerned.  You will live and probably feel so much better and stronger because you are not weak and giving in to your "urges" but are coming in tuned with your feelings and what you are really looking for from a sexual relationship--be it with yourself (which is fine) or with another person.  I suggest that a person who masturbates and/or has sex because he WANTS to and ENJOYS the feelings rather than is compelled to because of lack of control will feel more confident and stronger--like a "real man"!!!

On the same subject, I am interested from older men, over the years how does your sex drive come and go and how much time do you spend having sex and/or masturbating?  I am interested in men who are single and in relationships.

Thank you and best of luch to everyone.
hey guys im a young guy and i started watching porn about 1-2 years ago, ever since i feel like when i get home i have to jump on my labtop and go at it. i dont know why but ever since i started watching porn thats all i think about s*x s*x s*x
Hey guys im going to stop masturbating and wanking for atleast till i get maried, im 18 and 6 months now so wish me luck eigh :) , ill take some of ur advice into account ^^ gluck guys
The sexual energy is most powerful one. It is converted to mental energy, it will enhance your mental energy and help you in all the areas of your life. Conversion, in stead of suppression  works. If you learn kundalini yoga , you may succeed in mastering your sexual urges. There are number of websites on Kundalini yoga. You may visit, www.anmolmehta.com. It is linked with News letter and a blog. You will have to navigate extensively to find what you want as very comprehensive details are given on many mental, physical and spiritual as well as sexual problems. It is a hard work but very fruitful. If you get a master, it will be still betterI
I know from age of 13 to 65 Masturbating regularly has done no harm. It is fun for men and must use this act. It is better to use different style and keep change. Also different thoughts and imagination brings more happyness. JUST DO IT.
for evry action.there is an equal and opposite reaction.masturbation is a reaction from an internal action in form of a thought,energised by vision in form of mainly porn.i have been a porn addict/masturbation too.but i know dat if u can win inside,u will win outside.its stonger wen d mind is idle and when we bored.i belive and i have faith dat we can see a brighter day 4 dthose of us who see d necessity for a change cos there;s nothing like u being in control.we can ma brodas.luv u all.and im proud 2 be associated with u guys cos u shown character to even admit this ****.thumbs up y;all.
I have been goin fro about 2 weeks now. I even had sex and got my wife off and still held it in. Whohoo!  Take that! I want to put to the test the whole thing about it making your energy enhanced. You know. Like the Kung Fu Masters. Live life like one big extended release with very intentional  crescendos :-)
I'm 30 years old and a recovering masturbator. I had a real addiction to it, in that masturbation (and the last 6 years internet pornography & monkey spanking), completely replaced any sex life or relationships with the opposite sex (no, i'm not gay). It led me absolutely no where ( I was only having sex with myself when I was masturbating everyday). My life always stayed  the same, and it retarded my social skills. It depleted my energy, and my aspirations and goals, thus affecting my professional life significantly. It also killed me spiritually and developing any relationship with God. It also left me ALONE, as in I have very few friends now, but re-building relationships.

I returned to the Catholic faith (that I used to be a part of until I stopped going to church, because I know they do not condone masturbation or porn) 8 months ago, and since I have taken the Faith seriously and tried to live a CHASTE lifestyle, I have never felt better.
Sure, my life still *****, I still get depressed, angry, confused, sad, etc, but instead of running from those feelings by masturbating, I am dealing them. (Modern psycho-therapists would say I am a "sexual anorexic", but I don't believe living chaste is a bad thing, in my case.)

I have progressively had longer and longer periods of "sobriety" from masturbation. I never thought it was possible to be able to go so long without an orgasm, but it is. My balls did not explode, and I did not go insane. Quite the opposite, I became more sane than ever.

The urges and temptations DO lessen over time (I do still have urges, but less!) but the more you try to stop the better you feel. Even if you are not Catholic or Christian, I would say to TRY TRY to live chaste and celibate. It is worth it. And DO NOT look at Pornography, or think that it's ok to, it only fuels the lust, and will make you want to spank it. Porn is just toxic all around, (degrading) but that;'s another post, and to some a matter of opinion.

One last thing, you might look into a 12 step group like SAA or SCA (www.saa-recovery.org and www.sca-recovery.org ) if you have real difficulty stopping on your own, I go to 12 step meetings.
I did try saa-recovery.ogg and www.sca.org. Did no get the website.I shall try again.
Concentration on lofty ideals and complete devotion to higer self can help to abstain fron sex.Howerve, Kundalini yoga, do help to convert sexual energy into mental or spiritual enirgy. Taiust tiga  too helps in the similar manner.
Suppression does not work. It ends in wet dreams.
Dedication to the lofty ideals or some techniqe only can help.
Will you please write the address of website again.
Just a quick note to say hi! And It was plesant to read your goal.

I'm 49yrs, and like everyone need to do it few time during a week.

But the trick is to think about something that will put your mind up level :)

Here some good advice
#1 Read the bible, no seriously I do think It help put your mind into something new
#2 Well what I do is crave Documentary about Planet, Animal, Universe, planet, science etc mvgroup.org got a great free library
#3 and of course Avoid porn on the web lol

If you stop eventually your penis will be more tinny, like the painting of in the chapel 16 if I recall as the angel touch the hand of god.

Anyway KEEP ON ....It's always a good thing to see human trying to be more human and less animal

It's not easy, with all the junk we see today every second we see sex image....

Take care, Still work on myself but slowly lol
I am 22 years of age ... i have been watching porn since last 2 years....and  am addicted to it....i masturbate regularly.....and i dont have have control over it....many time i masturbate like 3 times a day.....i tried to control ...the max i could go without masturbation was 9 days.....but the problem is i cant concentrate on my studies if i try to control masturbating....i just cant ..... thats the main reason i masturbate...so that i can clear my mind for some time and study.....this habbit is making me dumb and lethargic......can any one help me
I am pretty sure eventually you will just have a wet dream if you stop ejaculating.
Hmmmm... This forum is very interesting on my part since I currently working on a 1-year-no-masturbate challenge.. I got this guilt because I'm a Christian (end of discussion! ^_^), and for the record, since I started masturbating, my longest interval was 1 week and my shortest is 30 minutes... Since then, I masturbate everyday, and I can't help doing it... Please! Help me! I can control my mind surprisingly easy when it comes to sexy, naked girls, but when "********" came into my mind, the next thing to do is to imagine that someone is doing it to me, followed by a sweaty and breath-taking masturbation.. I don't know, but maybe because of some videos I sneaked to (just about 30 secs. or shorter) when gay partners are sucking their partner's ****... I hate it! Because I think if someone will ask me to suck my penis, I won't resist and just put down my underwear, and hold that guy/girl's head, and start f***ing his/her mouth... Please help me to achieve my 1-year challenge.. Please give some advices and help me from my burden.. Thanks! By the way, I'm 19 year-old male (obviously) with only 4 1/2 **** (erected) :'(
There is no scientific or medical disadvantage of not ejaculating. Period. The prostate does not contain sperm, to whoever said the prostate will have a "build up."

The human body is designed to take care of itself without humans needing to tend to it. However, due to our modern day life styles, our psychological and physical needs have been altered to crave sex sex sex. Like I said earlier, there is no scientific proof that leaving the sperm in your testes will cause any health problem or pain - it is all mental. "Mind over matter" really plays its part in this one.

By the way boys, I am a fourth year medical student and spent a little more time on this subject than I wanted to. Stop trying to make excuses for making masturbation okay - it's your own sick pleasure. Period.
Through studies of medical and spirtual literature I came to the conclusion when I was 24, that masturbation does weaken you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  There is a lot of information out there that agrees with what I am saying and a lot that does not agree with what I am saying.  So how will you know the truth.  Stop masturbating for a minimum of 90 days and you will know that what I am saying is true with 100% certainty if not long before the 90 days.  I no longer masturbate.  Rather let me be more honest.  I am human and have a slip up once and a while--which means maybe once per 5 or 6 months.  Other than that I do not masturbate.  It took me years though to be able to develop this sexual discipline.  My advice.  Start with a 15 day goal the first time.  Then once you master that go to 30 days, then 60, and by then you will know what to do next.  Do not watch porn, or look at pictures of naked women though even if you are not masturbating or you will fail more than likely.  Everytime you have a lustful thought think of something else or make yourself do something you do not want to do like clean up, or do a push up, or ***** yourself with a needle and you will quickly master yourself.  Trust me you can get this handled.  I did, and I am far from being a naturally focused or disciplined person.  The crazy thing is when you stop masturbating you will develop strengh, focus, and discipline you never thought you had.  
I am a 21 yr old male and have been masturbating almost everyday since i am 12 yrs old, just because it feels good. I was born with a non descending testicle, meaning that i only have one that produces sperm. I have always considered myself as an impulsive person one that acts more on emotions then by reasons but after having researched i have begin to find out that it has been because of my routine masturbation and have seen info on this blog of the same though. I have read some things about how dopamine levels are affected by prolactin and its functions and what not, people should read on to this. I consider myself inmature, unrealistic and unfocused. like if i never developed any social skills unless if it was with alcohol. i have been slacking off and had some problems with addiction to adderall (adderrall), dont know what to do with my future and always insecure and afraid of succes/failure, though i am kind of egoistic. I have been researching why I am the way i am i terms of my phisiology like not having a prominent adams apple, being tired all the time, having add and being depressed in terms of having the motivation of playing sports and excercising, i just never thought how immature i was until i dropped out of college after changing departments because i dont know what I like or whatever, i dont have a stable personality and im bipolar. I post this because i'd like to know if other people can correlate the same symptoms and i just decided i want to stop, i want to grow up im 21 yrs old and believe that this masturbating everyday ride took away from me the mental and emotional maturity and manliness that I could of have growing up. In fact, i submitted myself to a girl because i was so horny for her and was with her for 4 years for the sex and she wasnt that good of a girlfriend, couldnt hang out like id like no senior trip, and you know... so if you are not sure wether masturbation is right or wrong i believe it is relative to wether how it is or do you think it is affecting you. I will find out after a month abstinence or whatever. keep ya posted. -masturbation, to conquer or be conquered- PS i dont regret having learn to sex a women until she O's ;)
hi, im addicted to masturbation and porn for 4 yrs already and im 20 now. im regretting why i did not take efforts to stop it earlier as this addiction has really spoilt my youth life. socially, physically mentally. and now in college im not competent anymore like how i was in high school before i started all this.i strongly advice that everyone to stop masturbaion as i would create a better you. you will have more confidence, happiness and peace in life. anyone who has tried many thins and still couldnt stop, try candeocan.com. its website whic deals with the members online to help them get otu of their addiction. its a very new apporach as their help you to go to the root or cause of your addiction and help to rewire your brains. they do it so scientifically and it surely will help you as it is helping me.
My wife and I are in our mid 40s and have an 'open' marriage.  We have had this arrangement for almost 10 years now and enjoy the freedom we both feel with no regrets.  She is highly-sexed and needs to have sex many times a week.  I can go without it for a long time, with an occasional masturbation taking care of my needs.  My wife has a 'date' usually mid-week, on most Friday's and every Saturday night.  I prefer to stay at home and read a good book, rent a movie or surf the Internet and occasionally masturbate to illeviate sexual tension.  We both are happy in our own activities at this stage of our lives.  All our children are grown and have left the house and our neighbors do not know of our lifestyle.

Is anyone else in this situation and if so, how do you enjoy it while handling any 'issues' that may crop up?  Just curious.
hi im 22 and I really wanna stop but after a week i feel like a firefighter hose and I have to take out the fire.. i had toys and dolls even in highschool its been 10 years i cant stop i did it on the highway driving in the bathroom at church at my work in locked rooms in the attic right in my parents house in the living room if i thought i could wack fast enough within 2 mins i just beat it up and down like a freakiing hammer with a never ending nail like i am beating it to death I get turned on way too easy by any girl and im afraid porn has made me so horny that  didnt care i would even $%^# a guy just to get off cuz women werent around i beated off maybe 5x a day atleast cuz i was homeschooled i would beat off read a chapter then beat off then read a chapter i never wanted to leave the house just beat off and sleep eat to regain energy to do it again... now i go to the gym and i see girls in tight spandex and i want to beat off right their looking at them sometimes i have to leave cuz i want to go home in my and think of beating off to her or porn i quit drugs i did it for 5 yrs and it was even worst then but now my sin is beating my skin up and down until i explode! its like the sperm is a stress releiver but i quit smoking cuz i wanted to rely on god and I feel like i am not doing that cuz whenever i am stressed i beat it like a drunk guy beats his wife... ; ( oh yeah i been with 22 people and when i had a regular gf it helped i didnt do it as much but now i feel that women dont want me cuz i beat off like no tommorrow and they might think that is nasty or im a sick plz help
i just masterbated for my first time and it was in front of my girlfriend what do i do im 12
its crasy, bt u dont hv a choice u just find yourself doing it, i really need to stop please help its like i cant live without it.
Masturbation is a natural habit. Do it when there is a natural urge. Do not try to excite yourself bu unnatural means. Do not carry a burden of guilt of masturbation. Do not involve your girlfriend in your sexual activity is possible.Many start at seven or eight years. So do not worry. It is not abnormal. Take care of your general health.
hey, lets just say i want to be better at sex, so i masturbate 3 times a day just so my body gets used to ***-ing that often. so when i abstain for 1 day before sex, my body still prepare for 3 loads so do i get more *** when i have sex? does it work that way?
When you ejeculate, you use or energy. By over using any energy you deplete your strength. Intead of no.of times, count how much longer you could sustain an intercourse. Main target is to satisfy and get satisfaction.Excessove omdulgence will bring an end of your sexual creer much earlier.If sex is used wisely, it can promote your career and life without any problem. You receive natural strenth.Consider sex as a sacred power you have and use it wisely. Good luck.
i see... would that not instead train the strength you have since your body are used to  ejeculate 3 times a day? as in like training in running... sorry am to understand how our little brother works...
I use to masturbate a lot like most people. It became more of a habit  then anything. It annoyed me. So I was wanting to stop for a while now. The only reason I didn't is because I didn't know if it would cause me problems if I just stopped. Ive not done it for about two days now. I'm gonna stop if its possible. I don't want to be tied down anything like that.  Wish all those who are doing the same as me the best of luck. ^^
Yes skeleta muscle will increase in strength b by exercises but not soft muscles.
Everybody has their fair share of history...so do I. To those who are reading my post now, I m guessing you probably read the posts of those who posted before me. Stopping isn't easy. But, there are a few ways to experiment.

The first step:
is to recognise the problem in you. reality check: the truth is that all the urges you hav every experienced originates from your mind (you are the one who creates it). in reality, it is possible to stop this entire thing over night...but that only exists if u possess an extremely strong determination. The PROOF that this determination is something you do not possess, is the fact that you are in this forum seeking help (or reading my posts:-) ). in your case now, the only way out is to either acquire this determination miraculously (and prove me wrong), or to build up your resistance and self-esteem against these urges. So... thats about enough with the recognition of your problem..now...to tackle the main issue itself...

2nd step:
I m sure every single one of you hav experienced this before; the blood rushing to your head, a feeling that no rationale reason can knock you back to your senses, without a care in the world, running to the nearest toilet to relief yourself. during this period of running and tumbling and fumbling around [with yourself unfortunately... :-(  ], how about trying something new. ADMIT it. masturbating feels immature [in addition to all that guilt]. so the next time you feel an urge rising, run out of your house [ if it is convenient] or run to the nearest window...[ this isnt a lot to ask for...] and look out into the street, at the buildings, at the cars, at the vehicles. with each and every subject you look at, DO NOT AVOID THE TRUTH; that each and every one of those people you see, are leading perfectly normal lives unlike yourself with that horrible addiction of yours. now calm yourself down [let the guilt and reality set in; that you have this irritating problem to contend with, with which you hav invested so much time on , that yielded little or no satisfying results at all.] and picture yourself as the boundary between reality and the fantasy world. and as you are looking out of the window, facing reality, think of all the people you are indebted to...,your mom....,your dad,...your friends,...even your teachers...remember...each and everyone of them have placed their hopes and best wishes upon you. YOUR body does not ONLY belong to you...it belongs to them as well. ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS... as long as someone cares about you, they become a stakeholder of your life too. but having said all that, you are like the chairman of your company[which is your body...]. you have absolute control over your company...however, you are answerable to the shareholders too [ your friends, parents and all who care for you]. in short,...don't let anyone down...whether they are aware of it or not...

step 3:
lastly, stopping is difficult...come on..don't bluff yourself any longer...no one said it would be easy. I m sure you have already read all the previous posts about fellow sufferers...don't worry...you are not an alien with a unique problem of your own...REMEMBER....YOU ARE NOT ALONE...many people face the same problem as you..., with each and everyone of them relentlessly trying their different methods to
solve this stupid problem. Nobody is asking you to sholder this problem alone. In fact, if u were able to, you wouldn't be here reading this post. sometimes, sharing the burden may ease the load as well. i KNOW it is difficult to share your problems with people who do not face such a situation. well I m not asking you to. the good thing about the internet is that it keeps people's identities anonymous. you can start off by sharing it here on this website, about all the mistakes you made, how long you lasted, the situation you face...etc. honestly, it is really encouraging when people actually reply to your posts. sometimes, the key to solving this problem may not lie in you, but in fact originate from someone else...as goes the old quote...you will never know until you try...so, start now, share your problems with someone else, keep them notified of your progress. if you have ever tried many times and failed, do not fret,...because, this time, it is different. Just believe me, yourself, and those you owe a living to

i wish everyone the best wishes for their future endeavors.....................................................man...it took me really long to write this post...you better appreciate it:)
uhhh im confused if masturbating 2x a day is bad for a 14 year old teenager like me, cant stop when i want to masturbate :(
Do not give much importance to the masturbation. Do it when you feel like it. Do not try to excite your self with unnatural means. You will come down to your actual healthy level. Worrying about it is more harmful. Consider the habit as normal.
http://gotothissite.org/Porn.aspx

For those who want to stop
Well i stopped masturbating for a couple of days went i went to the outback with all my family and i couldnt do it so on the way home in the car with at least 6 people i was absolutly DYING for a wank so i slipped my hand quietly into my pants and mastubated and i have been building up all that sexual tension after all those days and it only lasted about 30 seconds and i was soo relieved
I think masterbation (masturbation) kills normal relationships. I also think it promotes depression . The longest I have given up for is Two weeks but that was many moons ago I felt much better after two weeks. I am going to try to break my record starting now my target is at lest one mth. Wish me luck
Beginning my 6th day, i am constantly thinking about masturbation yet i haven't had an erection properly since the day i stopped. I used to masturbate everyday average 3 times a day and just one day decided i wanted to stop. i have read everyones posts and been effected by them and made me want to stop even more. i have not even been struggling to stop masturbating however  i am have trouble getting to sleep at night now lol anyone got any more tips to  keep me going? for some reason i just felt the need to stop, nothing like porn addiction or i dont feel like im addicted to it but i do feel a lot better for not doing it. thanks for reading ;)
I started when I was 13/14 and I'm no 29. I have tried many times to stop & the longest i have gone without doing it is 25-28 days which ended in a wet dream. Initailly I fealt guilty about having a wet dream and was angry with myself and God for allowing this to happen. I felt it was pontiless trying to stop  and slipped back into it. but the guilt did not go away. But now on reflection, I beleive the body has its way of looking after itself, and if I do E******e via a wet dream then that is how my body has been designed to.

I feel It is bad because of the guilt you feel when doing it and also because it is a habbit that demands your time, and indulgence in fantasy and viewing sexual immoral activities. Even after you have had intercourse with a woman you stiil feel a need to indulge in it. The side effects tiredness, irrationaly beahviour, irresponsible, lack decpline, wasted time, distorted thoughts, reclusive. Not to mention it eats away your self confidence because of self awarness of failure at being able to contoll your will power.  

quitting It is a mental fight, and I can remember times when trying to quit in the past. I would go running or training and litrally have dailouge with myself confiming that I was not going to give in. In the end i'd give in to my desires and go through the same series of emotions once the act has been completed. once those had subsided, the will to quit comes rushing back.

However I'm going attempt to quit all together, starting from today 29/06/2010, I feel by mentioning it in this forum i can be accountable and measure my progress.

I aim to gain that sense of confidence and victory over my will power and I will keep you guys updated about my progress.

pleas feel free to ask questions.
Will I slipped up after 6 days. I just got so horney. I was feeling better as will. Any how no point in beating myself up. Its my days off work that I find the hardest i guess the key is to keep mentally active at all times and just dont think about sex. Wow , but thats impossibe sex is eveywhere. I guess its just changing thought pattens. Oh will try again starting from now.
Everyone, I am 19 years old and it has now been exactly 6 months (1/1/2010 - 7/1/2010) since i have masturbated. I feel so so accomplished and a heck of a lot better about myself. I was masturbating for 4 years a couple times a day, with only a wk-2wks at most being clean here and there. I always felt I had to stop since i am Orthodox Jewish and it is strictly forbidden to masturbate. At the same time, all my Jewish friends from high school and on have admitted to me that they masturbate, which makes it harder to stop.

I woke up at the end of 2009, I said there's a new year coming, a new decade, and I'm gonna know that from the turn of 2010 i never masturbated. I doubted myself, and went through bitter hell stopping. But now, it is already 6 months and I never caved.

I have never felt this more accomplished. If I wasn't religious I would probably not stop. But I see from this forum that the desire to stop is not only a religious thing. So for all, I used to do it a couple times a day for 4 years!!!!! And it has been 6 months totally clean now!!!!

It is hard at first, but what kind of accomplishment in life is not hard to accomplish at first? True, this is an ongoing battle, but you can be the victorious one unlike your friends!!

I am the victorious one and i feel great!!!
alright since you guys say masturbating is good for you and keeps the tension off of you, but porn is bad because it puts the images into your mind and they never leave your brain. My question is so you stop watching porn, and you still masturbate; what do you masturbate to? textures on the wall, funny jokes, soft sheets? hahaha sorry bad analogies

yeah this supper christian dude onces told me and some other friends that god says theirs nothing wrong with masturbation its the sin thats behinded it(such as porn or whatever).

it is not that i feel that I am addicted to porn, I mean i do get the images in my head all the time, but I still do want to love and get married to one girl. what do i masturbate to get off the porn, because yeah I do feel bad for watching it?
Will i have stopped for two weeks so far. I feel much better health wise. I was feeling really horney but feel like its getting easier to control the urges. I reckon my skin looks better as will. Its my days off so I'm trying to keep active and not think about a women in tight short dress's, **** there I go now the beast is stiring in my loins, Quick think of some thing else.
hi everyone, i just want to tell you that i have stopped wanking for a month and my gosh, my skin and physique have improved rapidly. i have become stronger and look very healthy, i can lift more weights in the gym and im telling you its not from any other cause. it was hard to stop at first but it became easier as i kept myself busy. give it a go and try stick to it.
I was able to stop watching porn fairly easily, I knew that it could screw up my life if i didn't. I had been watching it since i was around thirteen (nineteen now) so it wasn't easy. I started to take longer and longer breaks from watching it, first only a couple days, then a week, and finally i have gone a month without it and I don't even feel the urge to view it. I'm sure I will want to see it again eventually, but I will not give in because I have already gone this long without it and if I screw up my record I know how pitiful i will feel.

Masturbation is a different problem. A few months ago i decided i wanted to stop, it's against my religion and i didn't want it to control my life. I started off confidently thinking "i will just stop"... Well that didn't happen. When I tried to stop the feelings built up so much that I only lasted a couple days. I finally decided to approach this in a systematic way. I made a calendar and put an X every day I didn't do it. I also added notes to the calendar of things I could do instead of masturbate. I had gone nine days when there was a night that I couldn't sleep, it was really late and too hot in my room. Alone in bed unable to sleep is probably THE worst situation you can be in when trying to break the habit. The vacant mind is Satan's playground. I couldn't just get up and do something else at three AM. After masturbating that last time the feeling of complete shame came over me and I decided to never do it again, no matter what I do. I am going to take this just like I did porn. Nine days was enough, I have proven that i can take breaks from it, and now I will completely stop. Reading the posts on this site have really helped me, and next time I am in bed and I get those feelings I will grab my iPad, go to this site, and read the success stories to get my mind off it.
was able to go from the 29/06/10 to the 05/07/10 with out doing it... A strange thing happend that made me slip.. I was arranging some bits in my home and tidying some CDs and dvds when i came across a porn DVD that I thought I had got rid some time back... I ended up battling my inner slef to not watch it... after about an hour I gave in and promised my self that would be the last time.. when I did the deed.. I felt so guilty.. destroyed the CD and said never again....  The day is now the  20/07/10 and I havent done it since. I have had the urge but I am trying to discpline my urges and channel them in different ways...  I also make a note of all the days I have been successful and note down days when I have foud it harder than usual....  I know it is not goig to be easy and test/ trials will occour. I Aim to master self....

Still going strong, I've had the chance to view porn many times, but I didn't do it, and I still haven't masturbated. I did have a wet dream but that's nothing you can control.  
I remember when I was 9 and I didn't know what any of that stuff was. Then one day, I got a pop-up on our home computer at our old house and from there, my brothers and I looked at it periodically. Our parents found out and they were so pissed. I decided that I wanted to stop for being in their good graces, for God and myself. I stopped looking at porn pictures for a LONG time. Then we moved to our new house and then I noticed that my parents had a few tapes of old porn and me being the VERY CURIOUS person I am about many things, I decide to watch the porn. From there, it happened a few days out of a month and it progressively got WORSE. I remember when I would be the only one at home by myself and being so bored.... I started looking at SO MUCH PORN. I looked at all kinds, races and everything it was terrible. I just thought that it made me feel good to look at porn and masturbate for several hours at a time around once a week during the weekend when I'd be at home by myself. Then from there, when parents and my brothers would be at home, I'd try to sneak peeks at porn pics and videos and risked getting caught so much. It was around when I was 15 that I first got a laptop.... (Fellas you ALREADY know what went down) Everything went downhill from there. I was still doing very good in high school being in honors/ap course and making mostly A's BUT when my brothers or parents would ask me what I am doing, I'd just say I was studying and keep saying that I spent a lot of time in my room because I have to learn how to study hard so that when I go to college and medical school that I will know how to work hard. I used every excuse in the book to lie to myself and everyone around me. I noticed that pornography, lust and masturbation began to run my life. I used my laptop that my mom let me get to download FULL-LENGTH MOVIES AND CLIPS from LIMEWIRE. At one point, I had 30 to 40 feature films on my hard drive and thought I was the ISH for being able to get all the porn for free. Then I started to realized that this was really taking away from me doing other things so I gave it up.
I can't tell you all HOW MANY TIMES I have RELAPSED. I have given into the urges and having an idle mind several times. I would go for months without doing it but then in a moment of weakness, I fell right back in. From the ages of 15 to 18 was where all that happened.

Around the age of late 18 to 19 when I was a freshman in college, I'd wait for my roommate to leave the dorm so that I could just masturbate! It left me tired and guilty and I felt so dumb. I always wondered why I thought of sex so much. I always had the urges to masturbate so much... I ended up keeping busy in college, during my freshman and sophomore year, being involved in organizations, volunteering and being more involved at my church. I found that keeping busy had my mind off masturbation, porn and lust. Then... when school would end that there was nothing to do... Hmmm.. Man I tell you... I would wake up in the morning and turn my computer on and browse sites and watch porn for a hour or two... in the afternoon and the evening... I'd do the same thing. For a long time during the down times when I had nothing to do, I always masturbated several times each day throughout the week. It has always been an up and down battle.

I am now 20. I had to ask myself.... what makes me do this? Why do I feel so compelled to masturbate? Do I really need to make porn a part of my life? Even through the times I kept on masturbating and downloading every single clip known to man from porn sites just so that I could log on to my CPU and see porn without needing to connect to the internet, I always watched videos on youtube, looked up sites on how to help myself with the issues. I saw those things that could help me and still... I KEPT ON MASTURBATING. I was like... man I gotta get a grip on this. All my men and women... we all have to realize that we have to acknowledge the wake-up call (or CALLS lol) in front of us. You have to find some other ways to ease your mind. I strongly feel that music has saved my life. I LOVE MUSIC. I love R&B and Hip-Hop music. Even though all genres of songs do have you thinking about sex if they sing or rap about it, I feel like you can listen to music and appreciate other things about it. I love listening to music and through my love for music, I love analyzing it. I love hearing the stories, melodies, the production, and the talents everyone has (or almost all musicians lol). It grew into my having love for the music industry.
To shorten this explanation which is already long and drawn-out (because I'm passionate about stopping what's gripped myself for the past 9 or 10 years), I feel like we can all find some new hobbies that can help us keep our minds from simply thinking of sex all the time. I am actually contemplating singing more (yes I sing but I am trying to get better), I want to learn how to play my guitar, I want to learn how to make beats on FL Studio (or any other beatmaker), and I have been learning how to songwrite. Since I was in high school, I always wrote poetry to express myself and I feel like it's helped me SO MUCH. When you find a hobby that you can put YOUR ALL into, it makes you THAT MUCH HAPPIER that you are building your craft and growing in it. Last but not least, you are GROWING AS A PERSON. It makes you feel stronger.

I have stopped masturbating for around one month. I am in summer school right now and I can't tell you HOW STRESSFUL it is... At times to relieve the stress, I'll want to just pull my laptop out and just go for it... But I think of how far I have come and I say.. I just can't do this. Every decision that you make in life has an effect on the rest of your life. Make the right choices NOW and you will lead a very fulfilling life. God wants you to know that HE loves you. He saved me. I remember how I went to the store and bought "WOW GOSPEL 2010" and it changed my life. Do whatever it takes to stop. Increase yourself in your faith, spend time building your relationships with your family and friends, go work out (I'm about to join an intramural basketball team and from there I will work to look like a MODEL ;-) )... just do SOMETHING. Find new hobbies people.

I was about to give into pornography, lust and masturbation once again but I went on google and typed in "what happens when you don't masterbate for a long time?" and I found these boards and I felt compelled to share my story.

There's so much more I want to say but my men and women... Find it in yourselves to know that you are all powerful and beautiful beyond measure. Stop putting limits on yourselves and take control of your lives. You are now free to EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES and have freedom from the shackles that have bind you down for this hard time in your lives. Make the decision starting NOW.

GOD BLESS.
I've read a lot of the comments here and everyone either seems to think that complete abstinence from masturbation or doing it regularly and whenever you want is the answer.  The truth is, both are wrong.  Don't do it so frequently that you are depleted of energy and drive, but don't abstain from it to the point that you are a human volcano waiting to explode.  The key is balance and I think once a week is the right frequency for most people.

Anyways, the real thing you need to avoid is porn, I was seriously addicted to for 2 years and I was mentally degraded into a weaker person and lost any chances I had with forming sexual or emotional relationships with women.  I haven't watched porn in 70 days and the improvements are dramatic and I feel much more intelligent and mature since.

I haven't masturbated in 5 days now and plan to go without it for 1 month to reboot my sexual system back to normal and anybody who was addicted to porn should do this.  Once the 1 month is up, I plan to switch to once a week for the rest of my life.  I hope this boosts my quality of life as I've been masturbating daily most of the time since I was 14 and I'm now 24 so that's been a decade of my life.

Seriously, I'm tired of hearing people saying the two extremes: Either masturbate everyday, it's completely harmless OR masturbation is horrible for you and you should abstain from it unless you are having sex with a woman.  As for the people who say watch porn without masturbating, that has to be the one of the dumbest things I've ever read online.  All that will do is make your sex drive stronger and masturbate even more, it will not relieve you.

Anyways, I hope there are some people there with some intelligence and common sense to understand that the key to disciplining your sex drive is through moderation and not abstinence or letting yourself go, the same principle applies to food.

Thank you.
I disagree with 'former addict', would you tell some one with a different sort of addiction, ie smoking or drugs to use once a week. I dont think so. Once they get the taste they away again it the same with porn.
I have given up now for almost a mth and my whole life has changed. I now have a lovely girlfriend and am lots more confendent (who care's about spelling). We havnt had sex yet but i get hard on's just thinking about her yet I'm sure if i masterbated daily i would need to simulate myself to get a hard on. I dont know if you get my point but basically i am saying that the mind gets used to the hand on the penis to simulate a hard on Its not natural and you become  dependent on it.
My weapon to give up, basically pray ask god to help you. lust is an idol like any other idol
A virus that causes pop-ups infected my computer the other day and before I knew it there were web pages opening every few seconds. I mentioned earlier that I'm religious, I've been praying every day, and in every prayer I have asked for strength in overcoming porn and masturbation. The amazing thing is the fact that out of all the pop-ups only random advertisement ones were the ones that loaded. The others that would have obviously been porn because of the porn-related words in the URL failed to load.

My antivirus took care of the problem and everything is back to normal now.

Nothing is going to make me go back to my old problems and I'm glad I have help.

Yer I addict I love porn but it is taking over my real life in sex life I want to stop it but it's to hard when you got a pc at your finger tips I can't sperm anless I wach porn I want to be able to get in bed in have sex  wife don't turn me on new snatch don't do the trick but porn will need to stop asap
Yeah I have been reading this post since 07".... I'm about to turn 16 and I have been wackin off since I was 12 I have tried to kick the addiction and could only stop for a week. It all started when me and about five of my friends would come to my house to stay the night and of course all my friends were about 2-3 years older than me we always watched it and I didn't really know what wackin off was so I just watched it and got hard. Then when I was going into seventh grade I started to wack off and then I couldn't stop I used to watch the dumb stuff on HBO then when I found out about Internet porn I was nervous and didn't want to go onto sites cause it thought that the cops were going to come into my house and arrest me lol then I stopped worrying about that and went crazy. When I turned 14 I got a psp and if you don't know it is the second best thing for moblie porn and you could only download videos and pics (rather than streaming) it so that was even better it was scarey to know that any day my mom or dad could pick it up and bust me so I stopped using it and gave it to my sister. I went back to the computer and found about limewire it gave viruses and got dangerous so when I turned 15 I got the best device for mobile porn THE ITOUCH. I was insane and watched porn everywhere wether it was at the hospital or at school or when I was taking a **** , when I woke up , the gym and the mall. And then my dad bought me a computer and that didn't change much. Then I forgot my iPod on the bus and called my school and It was they called the bus and they didn't have it. I was soo pissed but I had a computer so it didn't matter that much and went back the same thing. And then one of my friend that got me into porn stole his cousins iPod and here I am now. I was worried all night because when I woke up my family jewels were hurting and felt swollen got worried and stayed up all night looking online about what I should do and what I might have but I think I should just stop for a while or forever! I know it's going to be hard tried many times before but know I can do it
Where to begin...

I started masturbating when I was in 3rd grade. At first it was infrequent and I had thought nothing of it. But sometime later in grade school one of my friends showed me a Playboy for the first time and that instance set a course of destruction in my life.

This was before the internet and throughout grade school, middle school, and high school I would do anything to get my hands on porn and have a good whack off session. I would sneak into my parent's room and snag a magazine from the stack under their bed where my dad kept it. Needless to say I was somewhat socially awkward in high school. I thought I was just different. I managed a high GPA but it seemed I had to work harder than others. I still thought nothing of it.

Then came college. We got broadband and I got a laptop. Masturbating with porn was now a full on addiction for me. I would do it almost everyday. In retrospect, both my grades and social skills declined sharply overtime. I didn't fair well with the girls either. I had to work so hard to even manage a passing grade. Thank God I didn't fail any classes. I even had a mental breakdown and slipped into depression. I was lucky to get my bachelors and land a job. But everything was just so tough and I remember I used to be so smart too. I could have achieved so much more. I originally wanted to be a pharmacist but I ended up in a lab working as a chemist grunt.

Even a little bit after college the addiction continued and my depression got worse and worse. I tried everything. Better diet, regular sleep pattern, exercising regularly, but no medication, as I refuse to take medication. The only thing I didn't try was stopping masturbation and porn. I didn't realize it was a problem... that's why.

At the lowest point in my life, roughly 1.5 years ago, I was overweight, whatever few friendships I had were deteriorating, no girlfriend, extremely awkward in social situations, I was always tired, you name it. I was a complete mess. I wanted to change my life around so I slowly weened off masturbation and porn. It was rough and there were many upon many slipups.

During this recovery time, I decided to make big changes for myself and get on the path that I had lost sight of a long time ago. I went back to school, got my prereqs, and applied for pharmacy school.

Flash forward to now. I'm 25 soon to be 26. I was accepted to pharm school out of state. 1st week of class just ended :-). My last slipup was on 7/29/10. This is the longest I've ever gone and I've never felt better. I'm more social, my concentration and studying has improved, I sleep better, I've lost weight and physically look better because I have more motivation to exercise, I'm not tired during the day, everything is just improving, and it's only going to get better if I abstain, I just know it.
I believe this is a second chance for me. All those years wasted...

I recommend everyone to just stop altogether. Period. You're so much better off. I've never felt like this before. It's just so awesome. I'm sorry if my post is too long but I wanted to cover everything just so that maybe more people can relate here and there. I just want to give hope to as many individuals as possible that struggle with this self destructing addiction.

Also for those that may disagree see how you feel now. Then go without it for two weeks. Then see how you feel. After the difficult two week hump you should feel awesome and it will snowball. You'll not want to go back to your old habits. Just stick to it!

You missed my point casper00, the real addictive problem is porn, that is something that you need to quit completely for good as it is akin to drugs or smoking, it is something you need to abstain from completely for the rest of your life if you want to be fully recovered and healthy.

Now, please do not compare masturbation to smoking or drugs as it is not the same thing.  Masturbation is similar to eating, you don't tell someone addicted to food to just quit eating food all together do you?  The person needs to learn self discipline to eat when it is needed and not just do it to make themselves feel better.

It's now been 3 months without porn and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life and I'll never do it again.  I have gone 15 days without masturbation after two failed attempts at 5 days and 6 days and I am really enjoying this increased mental energy and many people are beginning to notice it.  I must say it is very hard in the first 12 days, but for some reason it gets much easier after that or at least it did for me.  I'm halfway through my journey and sometimes I am tempted to give in, but I have my goal set at 30 days and I will accomplish it.

Once I go 30 days without masturbating, I know I can go back to masturbating once a week without any porn because once a week will seem like nothing after being without it for 30 days.  casper00 if you want to abstain from masturbation for the rest of your life, that's fine because you have a girlfriend so you can relieve sexual tension with her.

If someone has no problem getting laid at least once a month, then quitting masturbation completely is very reasonable.  If you are single and can't get laid at least once a month on your own, then you'll need to use masturbation in moderation, preferably once a week to relieve that unnecessary sexual tension from not having sex for a very long time.
i went 8 years not jerking off but... i typed in funnygames my usel game place    i allways just clicked im fealin lucky but it took me to a porn  site i saw a guy wank then *** on a girl the i tryed ...                                                                                                                          this shows how unsafe kids are online but  TO HELL WITH IT im 12 now wank 3 times a day 4 if my girlfriend is over cose she loves 2 play ;)but *** i lost my point ack well i spent like 15 pins wrightin this so im sendin this
I have now gone a month without masturbating, it's getting really hard. I almost did it a few times but have not gone through with it.
If there is natural urge, you may enjoy masturbation wihtout guilt.  without guilt is operative word.
To train your brain to delay ejeculation, you can stop masturbating for a while when you are on the verge of ejeculation. Do this 3 or 4 times, you may ejeculate finally. This trains your mind to delay ejeculation.
Or you can take deep breathing till your urge is gone. this way you can convert sexual energy into mental energy. Supression does not work as you discharge in wet dreams.
Search the word Sat kriya. It is breathing exercise . This will help you to convert your sexual energy into mental physical and spiritual energy.Study it properly and so it every day. It would change your life.Try it.
when you stop to masturbate, you can get lots of loads to blow when you do sex! hahahaha
what would happen if i keep masturbating?
What getting to me is porn is so common, you go to a lan with friends and theres porn being shared or viewed.Midnight on tv is porn on friday and saturday nights on satalite tv.Its temptation knocking at your door and it has kept me returning to porn on and off as ive tried to stop. I just deleted my porn folder 5 minutes ago and from this day forward, 20th August 2010 i will stop masturbation and porn. Been viewing the filth and lusting for many years and it makes me feel guilty as im a firm believer in Jesus and I know im sinning, i will ask for forgiveness.I will make progress with taking up new hobbies, gym, martial arts and learning to occupy myself more.Idle brains are the devil's workhouses.Also that part about loosing proteins and affecting your body negatively, worries me. It should worry you too.

Peace to all,
God bless.
Good luck bro!.

I have masturbated for over 20 days now and never ejaculated. It is an amazing experience really!. I am planning to continue it for some months... Hopefully...

I feel more masculine and rejuvenated. My hair loss which was severe has lowered almost to a great extent. I was ejaculating every 2 days regularly until 31st of july and this has been happening since 3 years ago.

If anyone wants to achieve this level of control that i have achieved, after being a chronic mastubator, all you need to do is simply ask yourself this question...

"Why should i waste my time, energy, resources like vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, acids, enzymes, testosterone, neurotransmitters (Adinosine, acetylcholine, etc), etc., for some person whom i do not know and never going to meet?". - This should supress you from masturbating by creating a subliminal resistance in your mind.

Once you have asked this question and realized the importance of chemicals and hormones in the body, you can jump to something that interests you. May be try listening to some ambient new age electronica music. Or, learn something new. Maybe you could learn some thing that uses more of your creative energy for something really cool.

Good luck all!.
zap.
Is everything so wrong in this world in God's eyes? I'm so tired. I've never been a religious person and as I learn more about Christianity it just fills me with unnecessary fear, doubt, and hatred. I masturbate alot. Today, I decide to hold off and go without doing it for awhile and see the difference. O_O
Its lust and that's why im making changes.Faith is personal and we got our own views,and the way i see it,i'm sinning. Each to their own,you'll figure out whats right and wrong.
Thanks Zap, im 4 days strong haha.
That`s cool. I ended my 21 day abstinence (from ejaculating) yesterday and it was unstoppable as it was a Nocturnal Emission (Wet Dream). But from yesterday, as an experiment, i`ve decided to try to not even touch my organ to masturbate. So, if at all i do something, i can only go as far as erection. And when i get any thoughts about masturbation, i`ll remember this post :). Sometimes, being strict and more disciplined seems to be encouraging good health. Simply without ejaculation for 21 days, i felt great and all body pain was gone and seemed like my hair loss was decreasing. I wonder what miracle would it yield if i cut myself off any sexual arousal but at the same time having knowledge, experience and understanding of sexual stuff. Maybe we could feel much younger, as we wouldn`t have done too much masturbation when we were younger as we had many other things to do such as sports, education, etc.

Glad that i`m inclined to this post in order to remind me about the benefits of abstaining. I`ll treat this forum as a pivot every time my mind sways to the erotic side. So, any thought about porn or anything will redirect me to this forum.

Good luck to you WOC83. I hope you feel great after pausing the habit briefly.
congrats buddy, you are one step ahead of curing an ejaculation problems.....
Today will be the 45th day I have gone without masturbating. I can feel a huge difference in my personality since I've been celibate. I'm looking at every girl that I find atrractive and when she notices me looking at her I smile and I don't turn away. Where usually I would punk out and play it off. It's like I'm more compelled to go after a girl just to satisfy my new found sexual prowess.

I feel like my brain and my junk are starting to think a like. Before i would look at a girl and I wouldn't have the nerve to talk to her. My brain would be like "Go after her." But my junk would say "Naw, forget her, just a couple of clicks of the mouse and your good." Now it's the complete opposite.

I've come this far(no pun intended) without masturbating I'm not going to stop. The only thing that is going to get me to let one loose is when i'm able to with a woman. Or a nocturnal emmision.
Oh... just don`t worry about Nocturnal Emission!. I just had it 1 night ago after a 21 day of no ejaculation. I found that the trick is to not touch the organ for any other purpose than for urinating alone. Now, i`m 2 days without having touched the penis with any filthy thoughts. :p

I remember how i used to debate with my friend who was like "I know everything" guy. He used to claim masturbation was healthy and people can do it several times a day and nothing will happen. Well, now time has come to prove how unhealthy it really is as i am a living example, been there, done that!. All my illness and loss of immunity, etc can be traced back to the stress masturbation created. So, i`m taking a strong decision not to listen to my friend who would claim masturbation or over-masturbation is perfectly healthy.

Imagine... just like the fact that we eat food because we are healthy and we drink water because we are thirsty doesn`t mean we are carnally hungry so we should masturbate. At least the former two result in fuelling the body. But the later only results in loss of time, energy and eventually everything. So, time is important and don`t waste it for some girl whom we hardly ever know or are never going to meet in a lifetime. We have only 1 life and this is it. Creating something is infinitely difficult in contrast to destroying something.

To make more people aware and stop watching porn at least for the poor and harsh life of the girls acting in porn movies, please please please watch this video below:

Part - 1/5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bc-8lIBkaU&feature=related

I know many will change for a good cause as everyone has a good guy in them :).

good luck!.
You are aiming to develop ability to abstain from sexual activity. In yoga they have tedhniques to develop this ability.This is not supression. However the method is very difficult. for that you will have to approach a master. The following copy will give you some ideda about the method and how difficult it is to stick to abstinance.It is as follows.

Vajroli Mudra: Practice of Vajroli Mudra
By Sri Swami Sivananda

Vajroli Mudra

This is an important Yogic Kriya in Hatha Yoga. You will have to work hard to get full success in this Kriya. There are very few people who are experts in this act. Yogic students draw water first through a silver-tube (catheter specially made) passed into the urethra 12 inches inside. After due practice they draw milk, then oil, honey, etc. They draw mercury in the end. Later on they can draw these liquids directly through the urethra without the help of the silver-tube. This Kriya is of immense use for keeping up perfect Brahmacharya. On the first day you should send the catheter inside the urethra for one inch only, the second day two inches, third day three inches, and so on. You must gradually practise till you are able to send 12 inches of the catheter inside. The way becomes clear and blowing. Raja Bhartrihari could do this Kriya very dexterously.

Even a drop of semen cannot come out of the Yogi who practises this Mudra. Even if it is discharged, he can draw it back through this Mudra. The Yogi, who draws his semen up and preserves it, conquers death. Good smell emanates from his body.

The late Trilingaswami of Varanasi was an expert in this Kriya. Sri Swami Kuvalayanandaji of Lonavala teaches this Mudra.

Some persons call the Mayurasana Vajroli Mudra. Again Vajroli Mudra is also known as Yoni Mudra. However, the description of Yoni Mudra is given separately.

The object of Vajroli Mudra is to be perfectly established in Brahmacharya. When aspirants practise this Mudra, they unconsciously divert their mind to sexual centres and thereby they cannot get any success. When you see the description of this Mudra, you will clearly understand that strict Brahmacharya is absolutely necessary. For practising this there is no necessity at all for a woman or for any sexual intercourse. Since the Grihasthas have their wives and because they think that Vajroli Mudra is a device for birth-control, they have a keen desire to practise this Mudra. It is all mere foolishness and delusion. They have not understood the technique and object of this important Kriya.

Practice of Mula Bandha, Maha Bandha, Maha Mudra, Asanas, Pranayamas, etc., will naturally enable one to understand and to get success in the practice of Vajroli. This must be done under the direct guidance of
If you want to learn something more you may search the word vajroli mudra. there are many websites on this subject. In a simpe form, if you are exited and there is an erection, you may take deep breath.visulize that you are sucking air from your penis openig and exhaling also from penis opening.
One can circulate sexual energy to convert it into mental energy.You will find help in kundlini yoga, taoist yoga.
The word brahmchari means a practioner of abstinance from sexual activities.They are yogis who do differnt types of yoga to contain their sexual urge or to conver it into other positive energy.Thanks.
sir,

It`s great to learn a lot from you!. Thank you. I will do more research on Vajroli mudra. Although i never had any physical / sexual contact with my opposite sex owing to religious regions, i have had lots of ejaculations and nocturnal emissions in my life. Does this make me a brahmachari still? Besides, I`m a very pure vegetarian in food habits (Lacto-ova), since birth. But i generally avoid eating eggs though.

Since 24 days ago i had only 1 ejaculation and it was a nocturnal emission since i had stimulated my organ during the day. I had seen numerous positive changes in health and confidence level after just abstaining from ejaculating alone (with little masturbation). So i decided to stop even masturbating until as long as an emission does not occur. And since the 22nd, i have completely stopped touching my organ for any reason other than urinating. But i`m still afraid i might end up in nocturnal emission that i really don`t want to happen. As you say, i really want to use my sexual energy in a positive way.

I took a very strict decision to stop the habit since the 31st of july, only after i found shocking amount of hair falling on the floor and almost every site on the internet says that it`s directly due to Testosterone -> DHT conversion owing to sexual activities, stress, etc. It could be genetic. But my father still has a lot of hair on head and is no where near balding. I would be glad if abstaining would get me out of my hair loss problem and help regrow any lost hair.

It is indeed great to have some people like you who inspire the youth to take positive decisions.

Thank you!.
Masturbating is bad for you?  What absolute rubbish.  I've been pounding the bishop all my life and still giving it a tug every day and I'm 57.  There's nothing wrong with wanking so get over it you lot.  Some people have the most peculiar views on the subject and those views that are secular in origin are the ones that are a real worry.
I have masterbated for 5 years now(Am 22 years old) then just decided to quit because it ruined my social life, caused hair loss,causes premature ejaculation or the failure to maintain an erection, made me skinny( although I ate alot of proteins and did about 200 pushups every 2 days), gave me frequent lower back pain, and made me a failure. I was a total loser, no girl friend, Mr. Mute and Shy, or whatever you want to call it.

Now I really want to quit, since I want to go on with my life and see what difference my life will become. So far, I have quit drinking, smoking weed, watching porn. No whats left is to completly stop masterbating (masturbating) for good(Been about 1 month  so far), and to stop smoking cigs.
"""""People who continuously masturbate lose out all round. The physical pleasure becomes reduced to a natural act like urinating or excreting and at the back of their minds there is an awareness that they are missing out on the real pleasures of life. No adult can honestly claim to masturbate without a guilty feeling of complete uselessness. Masturbation is merely an exhaustive rather than constructive undertaking resulting in nothing but total loss. Once orgasm has been achieved, there is nothing left except a feeling of complete emptiness.""""

Here is what I did to quit masterbation (masturbation), I call it Moe's 8-Step Stop Jacking Off Program:

1) If you see a gorgeous girl, look away.
2) If you see anything on TV (or anywhere) that wil cause you to masterbate, don't look.
3) Drinks tea with fresh mint or "Anaphrodisiacs".
http://www.11points.com/Food-Drink/11_Foods_That_Just_Might_Kill_Your_Sex_Drive
4) Excercise, stay active. Become social,
5)Adolescents and teenagers should not sit alone when they have nothing to do. This will allow their imaginations to run wild and sexual passions will be aroused. They should spend their time properly so that they do not get arousing and lustful ideas. They can keep themselves busy with physical exercise, pure recreation, sensible reading and religious lessons.
6)Good Company: It is important to select good and pious friends and companions. Such friends may guard us from erring and although they are rare, they are found everywhere. Search for such company and let yourself spend time with them. Remember that people imitate their friends. Therefore, to strengthen yourself, character and physique, keep away from evil companions and adopt the company of virtuous people
7)Have cold baths in summer.

• Pour cold water on the penis in other seasons.

• Engage in physical exercises and sports (some doctors recommend special exercises to curb lustful desires)

• Abstain from spices and all types of food that excite sex

• Cut down on tea, coffee and invigorating beverages

• Reduce intake of meat and eggs to a minimum

• Do not lie down flat on the back or on the stomach. Rather lie on the right side (Useful tip)

8)In the field of psychotherapy, there is a very effective technique called aversion therapy .When we associate or think of something very distasteful with something which has been pleasurable, but undesirable, the distasteful thought and feeling will begin to cancel out that which was pleasurable. If you associate something very distasteful with your loss of self control, it will help you to stop the act. For example, if you are tempted to masturbate, think of having to bathe in a tub of worms, and eat several of them as you do the act.

You will have to hang in there for the first month,which is the hardest month. Afterwards, you will get used to it.
As for the size of the penis is concerned, it looks like mine is turning into a beast. I wonder what happens if I stop masterbation (masturbation) for 2-5 years?

Hope this makes a diffference to guys who can't wank the habit.
Note: If you get wet dreams, it's normal. Remember that having a wet dream is better than masterbating (masturbating), since you couldn't control it.
beatthemeat, 57 and still wanking everyday? That's a sad life bro,find some verticle smile.

You obviously havent read about hair loss etc...n00b.
so have you stop masturbation?
hello?
Hi it's me again, and I'm attempting yet again to reach the 30 day mark.  The furthest I've gone was 15 days and I did feel a lot better mentally, but a lot of stress and traumatic situations made me give in at the 15th day and I felt horrible afterwards.  My goal is to masturbate once a month for the rest of my life as I feel that once a month is pretty moderate.  I'm at the 10th day right now and I'm optimistic I will reach the 30 day mark.

I figure once a month is good for someone that doesn't get laid at least once a month as it is good to release that sexual tension once in a while, however if you can get laid at least once a month than it is possible to completely quit masturbation for life, but I don't think it is necessary for someone to quit completely if they aren't sexually active.  If you want to quit something for life  maybe quitting television completely and cutting down on internet usage significantly will be much more beneficial for your life.

I'm concerned because I've been reading that it's good to masturbate it at least once a week to prevent prostate cancer when you get older, as that is something that runs in my family and I don't want to increase the chances of getting it when I'm older as a result of refraining from masturbation, so I'd like to hear some opinions and facts on that.

Zap85, I think physical exercise and a proper diet is much better at preventing hair loss then refraining masturbation.  Aerobic exercise such as running and a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables is known to significantly decrease the huge DHT increase from a sedentary lifestyle and eating large meals composed of high protein or grain.  I've noticed my hair had gotten a lot thicker from jogging alone and that was while I was masturbating daily as well.

Dalubaba, it's interesting that you mention varying forms of yoga and meditation.  I've been meditating for several months now, 20 minutes every single day and I have noticed noticeable improvements in my life.  I find that meditating instead of masturbating before I go to bed is an excellent alternative.  I'd like to know what form of meditation I am doing as I usually sit crossed leg, take deep breaths through my nose and slowly breath out of my mouth while thinking of a focus word after each breath.

Thank you.  
What you're attempting is commendable, but it's unrealistic -- because even if you reach the 30 days mark, going further will only cause you more mental anguish. Men think about sex 50% more than women and 25% of every hour -- it's our nature, it's in our DNA. If not to procreate, then to pleasure ourself with self-gratification. We need it. Some people (men/women) are more discipline than others, while the rest rely on it to help themselves cope with loss, stress, emptiness, lonliness, or basically to get them through the day. I'm an addict. I masturbate to internet porn sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Heard of hentai or yaoi (Japanese sex cartoons), will that's my obsession. Let me tell you something important, opportunity is the addicts worse enemy. A long session or a quickie. If an opportunity presents itself, we (and I) must do it. But I can tell you this -- with prolong use there is deep psychological damage. Depression, self-worthlessness and hopeless (of life in general or to stop) will occur. Friends are very important. Therapists will only berate you. Find a good friend and confide in him/her and ask them for advise because feeling isolated in your problem only makes it worse. Like any addiction, the first step (to tell someone) is always the hardest. None of us like to admit we have such an embarrassing problem. But remember, you are not alone.
Im joining this bandwagon. I started on 1st march 2010 and stopped 2 days back when my friend told me that i was looking more weak than before. Lets see if i can stop thx for the advice ya'll and thank god its nt that late and im gona control early
You bring up good points and I'll decide after the 30 days whether abstaining to once a month or once a week makes more sense practically speaking, but I know for sure I will not return to once a day as it does keep me lazy and unmotivated.  I had an addiction to porn for 2 years where I did it everyday and I felt myself slowly decline into a mentally weaker person with very low self discipline and little attraction to women.  

I quit more than a year ago, but I'd relapse every month or so, it wasn't until about 3 and a half months ago that I finally quit porn for good and I definitely feel my mind is where it should be and I feel great.  In my opinion, porn is like fast food for the mind and overtime will deteriorate it.

Masturbation is more like food in general, and while it is necessary to relieve sexual tension, too much of it can be a bad thing, such as low drive and motivation in daily pursuits and low interest in the opposite sex.  That's why in my opinion, you should abstain from porn for life to remain mentally sane and sharp and keep masturbation under control, realistically once a week is best to have a sufficient level of energy to get things done in your life.

I'm at the 12th day now and I do have what I call sex flashes, where the temptation to have sex or masturbate is strong, but they go away with time.  Today I have a high level of self discipline and strong attraction to women and I vow that to quitting porn for good, now I seek to increase my energy and drive by keeping masturbation under control.

Thank you.
You may think I'm weird but this is what I'm doing to prevent me from masturbating.

1) I sleep at night with a condom on. You can't feel any sensation thru a condom.

2) I stay away from the porn sites and adult webcam sites. All you have to do is just stay away from it.

3) I stay away from dirty phone conversations late at night. Women love to make a man masturbate over the  phone. Trust me, their giggling on the inside.

4) I bought me a handheld vagina. And told nobody about this. I don't know about you but my brain doesn't like it when I do all the work with my hands. Afterwards, I feel guilty, tired and mad at myself. Yeah it does take away the sex craving but it's also causing me mental problems in the bedroom with a woman. Put it this way, no woman can jerk you off better than you so when she touches you ask yourself "how much are you liking it" I'm also losing my sensation thru a condom and I'm pretty sure that has to do with me masturbating all the time (plus I'm circumcised). Now back to the handheld vagina. This is so much better because I'm implementing real sex and not just using my hand. To top it off, it feels 99% like a real vagina. I also use a condom so that helps me get use to enjoying sex with a condom again. I get a lot of practice having sex WITHOUT USING MY HAND! What I'm doing is training my brain to realize everytime I am ejaculating it's thru real sex acts. This way, when I'm with a woman I don't feel messed up in the head from all the masturbation I do. If you interested in checking out handheld vaginas visit an online sexstore like AdamandEve or Excaliburfilms.com
You're still performing self-gratification. And to sleep with a condom on everynight -- it's that expensive? You're not training your mind, or even distracting it, you're just relaying new instructions to your brain on different methods of excitement in the long run. In fact, you're not helping yourself at all, especially with the toy vagina. Believe me when I say, toys are not a suitable substitute. They may get your off in the beginning and here and there, but eventually you will get bored of them and seek sensation and gratification elsewhere.

To: Former_Addict

Your brain is reprogramming itself. It's said the brain takes about 3-4 weeks to reprogram to different stimili as your train it. Taking psychology, this is what I learned. With sexual addiction, however, it might take longer, because you're attempting to reprogram chemical responses not physical actions. But the need for the act will always be there despite going cold turkey. Cold turkey doesn't work in most cases, especially when it comes to sexual addiction unless you despite to join the priesthood. For us normal people, it's best to seek help with friends. Isolation only fuels the fire, so to speak.
What I am doing is fine and it's working...

You can buy cheap condoms on amazon. You can get like 100 for 10 bucks. If you are circumcised, you need to find a way to protect your penis from rubbing up again rough material over the years.

The fanta flesh vagina is a great tool because I use it like it's a real vagina and still get 99% the same feeling like a real vagina. I also use a condom with it so it will never feel better than a real vagina. In other words, with this tool I am using my hips and not my hands, like real sex. Nobody else has to try this but it's definitely working for me and I don't have to go several days without ejaculating. Refraining from ejaculating is not the problem, it's the using your hand (masturbation) is the problem...
Yes, my brain is definitely reprogramming itself, and I found that the best way to control the impulses is through exercise and meditation.  Those two combined have been beneficial and I think are incredibly powerful tools in overcoming any addiction.  I basically rewired my brain to exercise and meditate on a consistent basis instead of seek out sexual release through porn.  The extra benefit of that is that exercise and meditation and incredibly beneficial to your body and mind in so many ways.  

I agree about seeking help with friends, but the problem is my best friend is addicted to porn now and I've been trying to get him to quit for months and tried to give him solid arguments on why it's bad, but he doesn't seem to believe that it causes harm.  So it frustrates me to see him slowly deteriorate like I did as I continue to slowly improve.  I have a high level of guilt because I told him about a website to get porn easily through streaming, even though he did watch porn before that with downloaded videos but not as intensely.  That's why I feel it's my duty to get him to stop especially since I'm the only one who knows he watches porn and aware of the dangers having experienced them myself, but all of my attempts have been futile.

Another problem he has is that he's addicted to weed as well, and also watches porn while high, which I know makes it even more dangerous because it makes the porn experience more intense chemically.  I used to have an addiction to weed as well and I did enjoy watching porn more while high and ironically I quit weed the same day I quit porn, as I felt that the marijuana would cause porn relapses and that I had to quit both completely if I sought to improve myself for the better.

ERyoma, how is your progress with quitting porn or controlling masturbation? It seems like you have a lot of knowledge on this subject so I figure you have experienced these sexual addictions and overcame them?
I disagree with you Myron, the problems with sexual intimacy have little to do with using your hands.  It has everything to do with the ejaculation itself. If you do it quickly for a few minutes every night, you are programming your brain to the same with women, it doesn't matter if you use a flesh vagina or your hand, it's basically the same thing.  Also, by using the fake vagina, you're basically treating women like an object when you have sex with them.  I don't know it just doesn't feel right to me, but if it works for you then fine, the main thing to avoid is porn to prevent mental breakdown and masturbation should still be done less frequently whether by hand or a fake vagina to increase energy and drive.
actually with the fanta flesh vagina I am able to practice prolonging ejaculation by pulling out, something I can't do with a woman during sex because of overexciteness.. Also, it doesn't make me treat women like objects. In fact, it's making me a better lover! But I don't do this every night, only if I go like 3-4 days without sex and I feel the need to ejaculate. Using your hand is bad for the brain, I'm sorry... You training your brain to think all the work is coming from your hand. Masturbation is not good at all. I've also been doing this for like a month and have seen improvements in my erections.
Don't pressure your friend to stop, he will only get defensive. Sometimes a person has to learn on his own. But if he does weed while masturbating, he has some personality issues. Not in the sense he's mentally disturbed, what I mean is, he's probably feeling depressed or lonely or isolated, and masturbating is the only way to feel happy, if only a short time. This I know by experience. I'm still fighting my own battle of this nature.

To Myron_Long: No matter how you defend your actions, self-gratification is self-gratification (and masturbating isn't wrong), you've only found a more stimulating way to go about it. Obviously simple masturbating doesn't work for you anymore, so you had to take a step up for further pleasure especially if you're less sensitive with circumcision. I'm not critising your actions, but this is how it started for me. I started with movies, then spent money on rentals (went out of my way actually), then went to internet porn, found "portals", then found hentai, yaoi, etc, and became addicted. It's the frequency of it that's harmful, not the act. And it's also opportunity. THIS IS A KEY FACTOR!

FYI to all: Masturbating causes depression, hair loss and heavy psychological trauma with social interaction. Moderation is the key. But if feel you're addicted, there are meetings you can go to.
What you are saying about me is not true at all. The simple way of masturbating does work for me. I just don't like to do it because speaking for myself (and others may be related to this as well), my brain can really tell I receive better orgasms from using my hand vs. sleeping with a woman. Why is that I'm so excited to touch my penis and masturbate but not so excited when it's time to have sex with a woman? It's called performance anxiety. There is no effort in pleasing yourself. I know that my main problem is that my brain is confused as to why I'm touching myself instead of a woman. I need my brain to realize everytime I am ejaculating it's with a vagina. That is the overall solution. Some of us cannot get our brain to fathom the difference between using our hand or being with a woman. So this why I use the fanta flesh vagina and stay away from touching my own penis. And my penis does react more now with a woman's touch because I don't touch my penis at all. This has been working for a month and I expect for it to get better with time.
hey dudes,I too had the problems of masturbation while I was studying 10th std. after seeing a beautiful girl and she was my classmate.During my study hours I used to go bathrooms used to masturbate thinking of having sex with girl.But soon realised that this practise have lost my body's ability and while writing exam my hands used to pain a lot I was not able to complete my exams in time.
So with some divine power ,I was forced to join and learn SIMPLIFIED KUNDALINI YOGA by vedantha maharishi.
I keep practising some of the meditations and then slowly I got rid of the masturbation problems and I stopped thinking of that girl in an unwanted manner.

I soon realised that SEX should made with only life partner and not masturbate thinking of beautiful girls,girls in porn movies,hollywood movies,or by seeing nude photos or some ugly things.

Through that yoga I learned that MEN need not have to masturbate to relieve the sexual tension but the agitated sperms will come out of ur pennis automatically when u r in sleep.

If the tank is full and if u add water it comes out automatically in that same way when sperm quantity is full the NATURE knows the way to send out the old sperms out of ur body.

The yoga taught me that when u masturbate ur pennis size will not increase needed for satisfying ur wife after marriage.

The yoga that me when meditation and yoga exercises regurly,u do not spend time thinking of sex,masturbation,lust abt some girls and etc.

But make it a regular habit or else the stored energy in the body will again force u to do masturbate, force u to think of naked girls. etc.

So learn a particular yoga and then follow throughout ur life and keep attaining success  by doing YOGA OF SIMPLIFIED KUNDALINI YOGA EXERCISES BY VEDANTHA MAHARISHI.

wooooooooooowwwwwww this place is sooooo full of misinformation i dont even know where to start, bravo , bravo, you have managed to turn a bodily function into somthing people feel guilty about. im suddenly ashamed to be a member of the human race.

masturbate 10 times a day if it makes you happy
djdrtysnchez, have you actually ever tried to stop masturbating ever in your life?  If you haven't then you can't really know the difference, because I'm on the 20th day without masturbating and I notice a huge difference now then why I don't masturbate.  You have to realize, that masturbating is perfectly fine and healthy...it's over masturbating that's the problem and people continue to fail to grasp this simple concept.  

If you masturbate everyday it activates the parasympathetic nervous system and basically makes you lazy and calm with little energy.  That's fine if you do it once in a while....say once a week.  However, if you do it everyday, you never let your body and mind a chance to recover and replenish it's energy.  I think some people are a little extreme when they say quit forever because I feel that can cause some prostate problems in the future.

It is said that if you masturbate more than three times a week, you will get lots of symptoms such as low drive, depression, low confidence, and weak erections.  Now there are some people that may be the exception, but a lot of people who masturbate daily or more will experience these symptoms.  On my 20th day without masturbating, I feel twice as confident, intelligent and mature.  It's like I became the person I am meant to be, and I will succeed on my 30 day abstinence and then switch to once a week once I've achieved this goal.  If you function perfectly with daily masturbation in that you have no problems in your then that's fine, but if you have problems with confidence and drive, then cutting down in masturbation might be the key to improve your life.
My experience within and as masturbation has been a prominent one.  I started when I was 14 years old and from within the first moment after ejaculating for the first time I decided not to do it again.

At that point I did not know it was possible to stimulate oneself to orgasm.  Sure, I had sex ed classes and so had a basic understanding of how sex worked, but for some reason I had very little knowledge of wanking.  I did like to pretend I was having sex sometimes by humping my pillow (which is an activity I've participated in from a much younger age) but until that point where I actually released ejectile fluids as a consequence of that 'humping' I did not know it was possible.

So, the primary reasosns why I decided not to do it again is that I thought it was abnormal (since I haven't heard of it before), that is was tricking the body into thinking I was actually having sex with a girl and so making it think it needs to release sperm in order to make a baby, and that the release and waste of this sperm may be a bad thing.

Anyway, these thoughts alone weren't enough to circumvent me from my participation in the activity.  Often, having gone to bed I would lose my reasoning and just basically do it because it felt so good.  I mean, I could actually effectively feel what sex is like!  Of course, once I was done I would feel guilty in that I was perhaps abusing my body.

As time went on I started to gain the knowledge that masturbation is more normal than what I originally thought it to be.  Due to this, the worries caused by 'loss of sperm' and 'abuse of body' didn't seem so prominent anymore.  Also, I got into the fantasizing and imagining shtick a lot more.  As in, when I wanked I pretended I was doing having sex with a girl of my choosing.  However, after ejaculating I still felt guilty.  I didn't think of the reasons for this guilt so much, I just knew that I had to stop in order for me to remain happy with myself.  After wanking I felt like the moments before I was taken over by my sexual desire and had lost control of myself.  I knew I didn't want to wank but my mind became clouded with the animalistic impulse.

Anyway, fast forward a few years into the future and I was still wanking but I felt less guilty about it.  Sure, I still wanted to stop but it was no longer a primary objective anymore.  It was more an annoyance that anything else.

Fast forward a little more and soon I became caught up in a new ballgame, using the services of prostitues.  I had never had sex and the thought occured to me that I could actually have sex for real by paying for it.  Eventually, one day I went through with it by visiting a brothel.  It was interesting as it was a new experience but after the deed was done (i.e. after I ejaculated) I felt immensely guilty.  I thought how could I be so stupid to not see it coming and vowed to never participate in the activity of paying for sex ever again.  

However, just like with masturbation, the thoughts to indulge in utilization of the servies of prostitutes came back and I still participated.  Eventually, once I had a regular income, the actvity became a regular addictive activity.  Basically, paying for sex became the new masturbation.  Masturbation seemed ridiculously innocent compared to punting.  And at times I wanked in order to try to keep the temptations to have sex at bay.

To this day, I am still visting prostitues although I am trying to stop/moderate in order prevent me from wasting huge amounts of money on the activity.

But back to wanking.  These days I hate wanking.  I no longer see it as a viable tool to help me to stop visiting hos.  Instead, I see it as a pointless activity which must not be indulged in as matter of self-will.

It's funny because these days I don't like the imagining nonsense.  As in, nowadays, when I do wank I don't like to use any pictures in my head or porn or anything of that nature.  As in, I just like to do it mechanically.  And with this the activity does seem pretty pointless.  And even if I do use pictures it is just in order to make it easier to build up to orgasm.  As in, it's a means to an end rather than enjoying the pleasure in the moment.  With real sex one does not have to do any imagining what-so-ever.  But with wanking it is weird and 'unclean'.  Many times in wanking I have gone round to my arse for hopeful stimulation only to feel more 'unclean' (especially because it's not clean!) and even more detached from fanatasy (unless I imagine a dude giving it to me!).  And so, to reduce the chances of me doing this arse crap I have decided not to wank at all anymore.  I don't need it.  I still have the hoes for sexual release but even so they're not really required also.  Depending on one's mental outlook sex does not have to be an urge which one 'just has to' satiate.  I for one don't really feel my sexual urges build up the more I go without.  Instead they are always there and it's what I decide to do in this moment that counts.  In fact, the times when I most waste my money on hoes is when I go on binges.  As in, a visting of brothels one after the other in a short period of time.

I don't know if the facts that not wanking will facilitate better health and more energy are true, although I can see if one masturbates excessively they may be effected due to the constant self-abuse.  Anyway, I don't wank not because not-wanking provides me with more energy etc, instead I not-wank because I don't want the activity in itself to be a part of me.  I'm not worried about the consequences of wanking.  Instead, I don't like the participation in it within itself.  Whether this means I've 'grown' out of it or not I don't know.  Plus, the fact I felt so guilty about it all those moons ago gives me added assurance that not-wanking is a good thing.  

So, for me, NO MORE WANKING!
I have successfully completed the 30 day trial without masturbation.  It was a surreal experience because it was very difficult to refrain from masturbation at certain times, and then at other times it was incredibly easy to refrain from it.  I realized that masturbation isn't actually necessary as we are led to believe, that it is in fact very unnatural to do it frequently.  I found other ways to deal with the stress and they were exercise and meditation, which were just as effective if not more than masturbation with the added bonus of positive side effects as opposed to negative ones.  

I noticed profound changes in my attitude, energy, and confidence.  With daily masturbation, my demeanor is usually one of low self confidence, intimidated by women, very submissive and with little to no motivation.  By the 30th day without masturbation, I pretty much felt the complete opposite, I felt above average confidence, little to no intimidation by women, very assertive, and very motivated to get things done in my life.  Funny thing was I had a boatload of errands to do that would of seemed insurmountable if I was masturbating, but because I wasn't masturbating, they felt easily achievable, and I completed every single one of them.  

I have come to the conclusion that masturbation affects everyone different in varying degrees, because we all have different nervous systems.  Some people with less sensitive nervous systems will have little to no effect and those with highly sensitive nervous systems like myself will have drastic effects that are only negative.  Simply, if you are the kind of person that is driven, has no problem with women, confident and successful with daily masturbation, then it obviously has no effect on you and you can continue to do it.  However if you are the kind of person that is lazy, is intimidated by women, low self-esteem, and an underachiever with daily masturbation, then maybe it is a good idea to cut down on masturbation or better yet cut it off completely.

I realized that as males we are all given a life force in us that ensures we secure our goals in life such as finding a mate and achieving a certain level of power and success.  Not all men, but a good percentage of them are pretty much throwing away that life force every single time you masturbate, and while it may not be a problem if you do it occasionally, but if you do it frequently like once a day, then it can cause serious mental and physical changes that are negative.

I've decided to switch to masturbating only once a week as I feel I'm not ready to quit masturbation for good yet so I can feel a degree of the benefits I had with my 30 day trial and going back to masturbating once a day just seems ridiculous and reckless.  However, when I am ready, I will quit completely so I can live my life to my complete potential as my natural biology is designed for.  I highly recommend that you partake in the 30 day trial for yourself in order to improve your life.

Thank you.
it does increase in size, but no matter how old you are, if you go for months without masturbating a dirty dream will turn into a wet dream. not just seeing the dream anymore, but you will have a wet dream. so its good to masturbate atleast weekly if you can. But im having a problem. I masturbate dry, and when i masturbate, i do it fast. and now its starting to get dry around the head and on it. and like it looks like a tiny piece of skin is kinda tore a lil. idk what to do. should i use lotion or see a doctor or what?
It makes me happy to know I am definitely not alone in feeling guilty for excessively masturbating and now I am even more happy to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions. I've been jerkin off ever since i can remember and its messed my head up, tangled my emotions, made me guilt stricken, made me unbelievably unhealthy for a guy of my age and has detrimentally destroyed my confidence in myself. I won't even lie any more. I was going to wank just before I came to this website and I always thought these kind of websites didn't offer any help at all. I'm glad I came to this site I can finally start to stop hurting myself any more. I know it won't be easy but I know everyone here believes in me and I won't let anyone of you guys down. Thanks.
Please i need your help. I cant stop masturbating minimum of twice in a week.
hello,

I masturbated, but as I got older (now 64) it was easier to refrain. Looking back on my younger years, I have empathy for those who are struggling, because it always made me feel guilty. There's some unsolved mystery associated with this.
Steps to overcome masturbation:

1) Decide firmly that you do not want to masturbate and stick to the decision.  Even if you feel you are denying yourself pleasure or being self-destructive in a way, don't waver.  Try to be above your emotions and don't do it because, well, just don't do it.

2) If you give in and masturbate realize it is because you chose to do so.  Don't think you gave in to temptation.  Instead focus on the fact that ultimately you accepted and allowed yourself to masturbate.  

3) Realize that if you do give in and masturbate it will be no big loss.  Rather you will just go through a time loop and will have to face the same point of stopping masturbation again and again until you actually do stop completely.  

4) Be prepared for critical points where, in order to abstain, you will have to say/think a firm 'no' to yourself.  Realize that if you trip up on this point you will just have to face it again in the future.

5) Don't worry too much about counting clean days/weeks/months etc, instead be prepared for times when 'the urge' is at it's peak because it's at these times when stopping is most crucial, as it's these times where you stop.  

6) If ever caving in, especially after a long period of abstinence, realize that you have time looped and be prepared for the next point you will have to face where you must say 'no'.  Realize that the memory of yourself 'caving-in' will not last forever and that once you walk through it your self-will will be increased.

Honestly, I think it is good to masturbate when you physically feel like doing it (being horny). It usually puts me in a depressed mood when I do it like every day or more often, so for me it works best if I do it like every other day. However a few years ago I used to be so horny all the time I did it like 3 times a day on average. I think your body needs to release sexual tension at least once a week but it depends on a person. It is not good to over-do it as it gives me pain afterwards (sometimes) + puts me in a low mood. + I have more energy when I have not done it in a while so for me it works not to masturbate too often. However I think having sex with your partner is more efficient and easier because I can do it more often than masturbating without feeling low or being in pain.
Please accept my apologies if I am posting without the right to do so, it seems this forum is reserved for religious fundamentalists and extremists. Not many times in my life have i read a thread so full of religious fanaticism, false statements and uneducated comments. I did not bother to read all the posts, babanachiket's comments, as well as a several of the posts following it, was enough.

Babanachiket, where to begin... My advice would be to start with the ABCs. Begin learning how to spell and write proper grammar. Once this is in place, and you know what the rest of us learned in elementary school, you can proceed to more "advanced" topics. High-school science courses including physics, math and chemistry might prove too ambitious, but it is worth a shot. Moreover, once the writing skills are in place your posts might be deemed serious at least a few words longer than today, that is until the reader realizes your absurd opinions and false experiences. There are a lot of extremists in this world, ranging from racist groups like the KKK, to religious fundamentalists waging war in the name of their god. Let me clear up one thing for you. Masturbation does not poison this world, it is people like you who does that. People with a complete lack of education. People with a mind so blinded through years of brainwashing from their cultist communities. People with an obsessive, even faddish, devotion to extreme ideas, most often directly opposing scientific facts. You are the perfect example of a human being who should be kept away from people who have not yet built up their own views and beliefs. As with most extremist you hide behind your principles and ideas, stubbornly refusing to realize that your ideology is an abnormal interpretation of the religious texts you might follow, and that you come off as an unintelligent madman to the general public.

Quote from babanachiket's first post:
"a change is observered on face if one masturbates before the right age and the growing of brain cells stops after the 1st masturbation. hence 99% people are smart and score great grades when they are child and catch up easily than the adults or sexually active teenage."

This is quite possibly the dumbest paragraph I have read on the Internet, since I started using it in the early 90s. The growing of brain cells stops after the 1st masturbation? At what educational institute did you learn that? Was it through UIRF (The University of Inbred Religious Fundamentalists)? Instead of writing this whole post it would probably have been enough to quote that one paragraph, and leave it at that. It speaks for itself. Though seeing as you are probably too brainwashed to understand the scope of your own stupidity, I the felt the need to spell it out for you.

I have to quote one more paragraph before I call it a quits:
"and i must also tell you one thing, 30 days you need to control and then on 31 day you will be normal,faster , stronger and sharper. but these 30 days are the hardest and 1 out of 100 can completely pass 30 days without masturbating and having sex."

Just so I understand what you are saying, for 30 days you are struggling and then out of the blue, like lightning from a clear sky, you will magically be "normal" at the 31st day? Could you please enlighten me on why it is exactly 30 days? It isn't by chance because one month lasts approximately 29.53 (30) days? Since when did bodily functions start fluctuating with our calendar system (or more specifically with the moon cycles, which the length of a month comes from)?

I think I speak for the general public when I say that the world would be a better place if all you extremists out there would keep your cultist ideologies and beliefs to yourself, and stop trying to push your uneducated opinions on other people. It only results in you making a fool of yourself, and unfortunately provokes otherwise happy individuals into wasting valuable time trying to make you understand your erroneous ways.

Thank you.
I've been meaning to post these articles for a while and after justforonereply's comments, I feel now is a good time.  I don't necessarily agree/disagree with justforonereply or babanichiket, and I'm not religious at all.  I'd say it's really after roughly 15 days though based on my 30 day trial when the mental energy really begins to peak and the sexual tension becomes less noticeable.  Though if you take wet dreams into account, which will happen at any random number of days due to to increased sexual tension, it makes you wonder what's the point from abstaining from masturbation completely anyways?

I've happen to stumble across some articles, two are modern and realistic and one is from the early 1900s and very extreme.  Personally I take the modern articles to be pretty accurate, realistic and undisputable, while the very extreme 1900s one to be very interesting, but inaccurate as it doesn't seem to have much concrete evidence to back up its claims.

As for myself after the 30 day trial, I've been pretty much masturbating once a week.  I'm fine as I get a good balance of energy plus stress relief as I find the sexual tension doesn't really begin to reach high levels until after the first week.  Consistent physical exercise and meditation combined seem to do a good job of dealing with the stress on the days that I don't masturbate.  Well, here are the articles, I recommend you at least read the modern ones if you masturbate frequently and want to cut down.  If you really want to go hardcore and quit completely, then read the old one, but it is quite long.

Modern Realistic Articles

Basically these articles are trying to say, don't do it too frequently as it can cause some problems that aren't so obvious, but in the other hand it's okay to do it on occasion to blow off some sexual tension.

http://www.mens-wellbeing.com/2010/02/do-you-masturbate-too-much.html
http://ca.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_60/92_love_tip.html

Old Extreme Article from the 1900s.

This article is basically stating that doing it at all is a health hazard and the only way to be normal is to quit completely, depending who you are this can be either hilarious or very informative, I like to look at it from both angles :).

http://www.oldandsold.com/articles08/marriage-23.shtml
I don't know if this is helping me tremendously but 3 weeks ago I bought the manhood (a silk garment that covers/protects your penis from rubbing up against your clothes and helps improve penile sensitivity over time) and since I had this thing on my penis I don't have the urge to take it off and masturbate. And that's probably because I want to see if this manhood really works like other people say.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google manhood and it's the 2nd link (I think)
Wow 'justforonereply' those so called fundamentalists really pissed you off. You shouldn't let  people  upset you that much. Ok perhaps some posts are a bit extreme, 'so what', and who cares about about grammar. it isn't a english test.

Former addict, if ya wank once a week  you are still addicted. Masturbation can be compared to drugs. It is an addiction like any drug addiction no matter what you may think. Even if you wank once a week all you are doing is prolonging the habit.

I didn't stop wanking for religious reasons'. It is more to do with biological/psychological  reasons. Masturbation is selfish, self gratifying sex that stops a person forming a  normal relationship.
Masturbating once a week would only be bad if it was done simultaneously with porn.  I would not compare masturbation to drugs, I find that's too extreme.  I'm not sure if you had a porn addiction casper00, but I was addicted to porn for about two years and I do believe that is definitely a drug addiction although an unknown one.  You have to realize that there are two types of addictions: hard addictions and soft addictions.  Porn is a hard addiction and masturbation is a soft addiction.

Hard addictions are the kind of addictions that if you do them everyday, your brain will develop a physiological dependence on it due to the extreme amount of chemicals entering your brain.  Overtime, your brain will begin to suffer damage over an extended period of time, and your ability to overcome the addiction will be harder as time goes by.  All other areas of life would suffer complete neglect as the hard addiction is now your main and only focus. The only way to overcome this addiction is through complete abstinence as cutting down will not enable your brain to return to normal chemically and heal biologically.

Examples: Coke, alcohol, heroin, meth, porn, etc...

Soft addictions are the kind of addiction that if you do them everyday, your brain will develop a psychological dependence on it due to the moderate amount of chemicals entering your brain.  Overtime, your brain will be accustomed to this behaviour and it will begin to govern your life.  Your brain will not suffer any damage, but it will can cause other areas of your life to suffer as you direct too much energy towards your soft addiction.  Your soft addiction will not be the only focus on your life, but you will direct less energy towards other pursuits in life and thus not be as successful as you should be.  Soft addictions unlike hard addictions do not need to be cut off completely, but rather kept under control by cutting them down enough that they do not interfere with your life, of course each soft addiction is unique and will require a different approach.

Examples: Internet, television, food, video games, coffee, weed, masturbation, almost anything that gives pleasure can be a soft addiction.

Comparing masturbation to porn would be like comparing weed to heroin or coffee to cocaine, one of which is extremely more addicting and devastating than the other.
No offense bro but all this waffle about hard and soft addictions is bullocks. Masturbation and porn go hand and hand (excuse the pan).  You can not have one without the other. Masturbation = Porn

Just because a person doesn't always look at porn ie internet, magazines doesn't mean they don't visualize it. I don't think you would find one person that can masturbate without at least fantasizing about porn. You cannot have one without the other. I think former addict you are looking for excuses to pull your member once a week (trying to justifies it). Perhaps you are still addicted and don't know it. Maybe not as bad but addicted none the less.

I was addicted to alcohol 15  years ago so cut way back. Instead of drinking everyday I drunk only once a week. It wasn't  until I a gave up altogether that I realized even though I was only drinking  once  once a week I still had a addiction. The same is so, for wanking.
Am I the only person that feels as though it affects my emotions? It makes me feel...numb. For instance, when my girlfriend says sweet things, I feel almost nothing. It's not because I'm not in love with her anymore because I still am. It's just weird.
I myself have problems masturbating and it is destroying my life along with pornography. I started when I was 15 and I am now 20 years old. I have masturbated for over 5 years and because of it did poorly in high school because I wasn't focused. All I could think about was sex. When I would get home from school, I would go straight to my computer and look at porn sites. It started off normal, but then I started getting addicted and began to look at stuff that was disgusting and inhumane! All the while I knew it was wrong, but I didn't care. I just wanted that sexual pleasure. I couldn't look people in the eye and saw girls as sexual objects. I came off as a pervert and girls in highschool didn't like me because of this. When I got to college I flunked out my first 5 months because I was not doing my work but masturbating in my dorm room. I started to develop self esteem issues and for awhile thought I was hopeless. Now I am in a community college trying to start over. I have stopped watching porn, but am struggling to quit masturbating. For anyone who has not tried I suggest you don't. I thought it was harmless at first, but it can be as destructive as coke! Please pray for me and I pray you all can break the habit too!
I do agree that I'm still somewhat addicted to masturbation because I still do it once a week.  It's mainly because I feel that I am not ready to quit completely yet as it is not a good time for me, but I do plan to quit completely in the near future.  If you read my earlier posts, it basically states this.  Another thing is that addiction to either sex or masturbation is not something you can quit cold turkey and never do again unlike drugs.  We are sexual beings and we need to relieve that sexual tension occasionally.  It might be easy for you capser00 because you have a girlfriend, but unfortunately a lot of guys such as myself do not have that luxury.  

Also, masturbation without porn and masturbation with porn are not the same thing.  They are very different beasts because masturbation with porn, there is a lot more dopamine being released into the brain and much more chemicals.  Masturbation without porn has a lot less dopamine and much less chemicals and therefore far less damaging.  It is an oversimplification to say masturbation with or without porn is the same thing because it isn't, there is a huge difference between imagining something and actually seeing it.  When you see and hear the images as opposed to imagining them, the brain will be far more reactive.

Also, you need to realize that even having sex is dangerous as well if you do it too often, it doesn't matter if you are doing it with your girlfriend or a stranger, the brain can't tell the difference.  Why do you think there is this new trend of sex addiction?  Sex addiction I would argue is actually more dangerous then masturbation addiction due to the higher chemical rush you get from it.  If you are doing it frequently, you can still be considered an addict as well casper00.  Sex is something that you need to let out of the cage once in a while so to speak so it's not something to quit completely like an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Obviously the answer is not abstinence from sex or masturbation for life, as that is just not realistic.

So what is the answer?  Should you masturbate once a week? once a month? once a year? never?  What about for sex? everyday? once a week? once a month?  I don't think there's a clear cut answer because everyone is different, but if you look at my earlier posts there are a few articles I posted.  One of them says you shouldn't masturbate more than 3 times a week, another states you should never do it at all and abstain for it from life.  The truth is I don't know, and I think everyone should just use their own judgment and do what makes sense for them.
How do you feel after you masturbate? Happy or Depressed??
Also, it's easy to stop masturbating. I'm proving it now. I haven't touch myself for a month now. I still look at porn daily but I psychologically removed all sexual exciteness when watching porn. I treat porn just like it's tv. And I don't feel that's an addiction because I admit to myself I love to watch some freaky porn. I've been depressed for so many years masturbating that I just don't have the desire to touch myself. I rather go 2 months with no sex rather than masturbation. And don't say my body is going to go crazy from doing this because there are some males out here that never masturbate and go sexless for months. And the reason I stop masturbation because I really need to see if that what's giving me erection problems in the bedroom with a female. I'm tired of disappointing pretty women and delivering when they're ready for me to deliver. Why have a penis if you can't deliver??? But anyway, you're mentally telling yourself you're not ready to give up masturbation completely but I'm here to tell you that you can do it. Just wank one more time to get out your system and tell yourself NO MORE!!! I also wear the manhood at night so that's probably guiding me along my process.

http://manhood.mb.ca/
I meant to say "I'm tired of disappointing women and NOT delivering when they're ready for me to deliver. Why have a penis if you can't deliver when it's time to"
Usually I feel depressed the day after I masturbate, but the day after that I'm fine.  You're taking a very unique approach to this, which is almost the opposite of mine, I wouldn't do it your way personally, but if it works for you then that's fine.  Now watching porn without masturbating, I have never done that before.  Of course, it isn't nearly as bad watching porn and masturbating together.  However, I still feel it isn't the best idea because you are desensitizing yourself to sex and by doing that you are less likely to get aroused by normal looking clothed women.  

I guess I forgot to mention that when you stop masturbating, you will have wet dreams instead to relieve sexual tension, which can happen after as short as 5 days or as long as 25 days.  Wet dreams aren't nearly as bad as masturbating, I find the sexual tension is gone when it happens and I don't feel as drained or depressed after a wet dream as opposed to masturbating, so perhaps it is possible to quit completely by relying on wet dreams instead.
Good News man.... I had sex with a pretty woman this morning AND EJACULATED WITH A LATEX CONDOM. I haven't experience this in YEARS!!!. Me and the girl celebrated with champagne afterwards. I couldn't believe it!!! I just proved four things to myself:

1) Avoiding masturbation will increase my sexual desire and sensation in my penis.
2) Watching porn daily WITHOUT masturbation did not give me any psychological issues in the bedroom with a normal looking clothed woman. Actually, it made me more freaky.
3) By not masturbating, my penis will gradually get more and more use to a woman's hand and not mines.
4) Wearing the manhood to protect my penis from being expose to the air and other factors is helping to increase my penis sensitivity.

This woman was so happy for me because we struggle on several occasions trying to enjoy sex with a latex condom. I climax in 10 minutes (not that I'm bragging about this) but I had to see if I can get thru the entire sex act. My confidence has significantly increased. The boost confidence will also better my erections.

You should try my method... It's definitely working. I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO MASTURBATION.
I am also 30 so I don't think us adults will experience wetdreams from never masturbating or ejaculation period. I think that's a young boy experience going thru puberty.
That's good that your method is working for you, if it doesn't cause any problems than keep doing it.  I'm 24 by the way, and I had a wet dream after 10 years once I decided to go 30 days without masturbating, before that the last time I had one I was 14.  The main reason young boys have wet dreams and not adults is because they don't masturbate as often.  Of course, I've read online that every person is different and some are more likely to have wet dreams more than others regardless of their age.
Is it right or fair if you have a wife
Ya, I'd say it is.  If ya get lucky she will take part. what's with the concern. It has been tugged on the moment it grew.  Im of the opinion, it's mine and I will play with it as much as I like. Find something else to worry about.  This is just nature doing it's thing. Please people tug away. Save the world by fighting crime, not fighting your wiener.  
Former addict,  Don't  believe all the crap you read on those online web pages, its to hard to sort the **** out from the clay. Listen to your body more instead. Don't say people cant stop and go cold turkey, just because you cant go cold  turkey doesn't mean others cant. Also all this crap about using more dopamine when one watches (physically exposed) porn as opposed to those who just imagine ( fantasize ) about porn is utter rubbish. Any article that says this is flawed. (I myself have a degree in psychology and understand about doing controlled tests, brain patterns, critically analyzing data  etc)

Actually I don't have a girl friend anymore, her vista ran out and she had to go back to Japan. However I don't have any intention to go back to wanking. Sure I get horny as heck some times. I find its just best not to touch it at all (unless peeing or washing of course).And don't even start humping the mattress. The mornings are of course hardest. The key is to keep active.

Gabear I wouldn't recommend  pulling yourself if you have a wife , however I think it would be fine if she pulls you. If you continually pull yourself your penis will become dependent on the feel of your own hand for simulation, its actually' a form of 'classical conditioning'

Let your penis become the property of her only for sexual simulation. If you are wanking behind her back and depriving her of sex then 'yes' I would call it cheating and selfish.
"Gabear I wouldn't recommend  pulling yourself if you have a wife , however I think it would be fine if she pulls you. If you continually pull yourself your penis will become dependent on the feel of your own hand for simulation, its actually' a form of 'classical conditioning'"

----------------
I AGREE TOTALLY! I keep telling these man that if you are experiencing erection issues in the bedroom but you have no erection issues while masturbating, then that means you are more use to your hand than a woman's vagina. I proved that by abstaining from masturbation 3 weeks now. Read my post above...

SAY NO TO MASTURBATION!!!

Of course a lot of online pages are not to be trusted, but the ones I've read simply confirm my own experiences.  All I could say that after watching porn every day for two years straight, there were significant changes to my mental well being and they were extremely negative to the point where I felt and acted like a drug addict.  However, none of these significant changes happened from masturbating without porn.  I didn't go back to normal until I finally quit porn for good and even then the recovery process wasn't easy, so I'm basing this on my own experience, if you don't believe this for whatever reason, then that's fine, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

Anyways, I agree it is probably possible to quit cold turkey because your body will get used to it overtime and adapt, but you'd have to find different ways to deal with the stress.  For me that was exercise and meditation, for you perhaps it is something else.  After listening to my body, I find once a week of masturbation is fine because I feel great 6 out of the 7 days of the week.  I will quit cold turkey when I need to, I'm still quite young, and got plenty of time to quit for good.  If you want to quit completely right now even without a girlfriend, then that's great and I commend you for taking on this challenge.
I think masturbation makes your brain think slowly..and u lose interest of more serious things..like reading or school work
how's your sex life? experiencing any erection issues in the bedroom with a woman? Is your penis able to feel the sensation and reach climax thru a latex condom? Can you reach ejaculation from a handjob or *******? If you answer no to these questions, it's time to leave masturbation alone.
I don't have any erection, sensation or ejaculation issues at all.  The reason I'm cutting down on masturbation is to have more energy.  However, I don't want to cut it off completely so I have no way with dealing with stress and in the future I will stop masturbating for good, but now there is no need.
oh okay... if you don't have any of those issues, you don't need to quit your once of week masturbation. sounds like you have everything under control. I was the opposite of that so I had to leave masturbation alone completely. And I am seeing and feeling a big difference.
Glad to hear your unique methods have worked for you.  Of course there is no one size fits all solution for everyone, everyone has to change their masturbation habits accordingly for what helps them be their best mentally and physically.
Wow .. this is the craziest (and most diverse thread) I've ever read on the topic.  I'll keep my comments brief (as there is a lot of information and misinformation here).

#1 - Too much of anything (even good things) can be bad.  Sugar .. exercise .. rest .. we need a healthy balance.  Masturbation, if you think of it as an exercise and a drug all in one, can be pretty taxing on the body. What you can handle is going to depend on what you're used to (and your natural constitution).

#2 - Everyone is different.  Masturbation MIGHT cause baldness in one person (let's say some physiology might has a difficult time handling hormone swings and some don't),  And it might be harmless to someone else.  I've been doing it 1 - 4 times a day consistently for 25 years.  I have a FULL head of hair (not even gray) .. and ED .. never even remotely.  Everyone is different.

#3 - The lack of sex isn't bad.  People talk about masturbation like its a requirement.  It's not a necessity - the body has ways of expelling excess sperm and pent-up sex drive.  What masturbation IS is convenient .. and (mostly) safe.  Its one way of helping people manage their sex drive.  But jeez .. its not the ONLY way.

#4 - Finally - masturbation and porn are two different topics.  Both have many facets of debate.  I would caution anyone though, the risks increase when you use both at the same time.  Orgasm (and the associated endorphins) is habitual (perhaps even addictive for some).  If you let your body associate porn with eventual orgasm, its riskier.  In some this leads to a monopolistic approach to intimacy.  So be careful of that.  That said .. porn before intercourse can ROCK !!

Good Luck,
MKP4
i tried to quit everyday but it seems impossible if i dont do it i cant focus in class all i think about all day is jerking off. i destroy magazine with pornoghraphic images i stay away from movies internet and what not.but the think that all ways get me is the way females of our society dress its like these females dress so sluty it ust taunt me to go to my room and jack off i dnt want to see girls they make me sin its hard.i wish all girls would dress like muslims woman i dont want to see these stuff.
It wouldn't matter if all women dressed like Muslims the urge would still be their. You would still wank yours brains out. You cant blame other people. Its all about mind over matter, The mental over the physical. Once you start its hard to stop you need to redirect your energy. It gets easier after a while. Masturbation is a cheap illusion of the real thing. Those that say that every one wanks are just wankers themselves and are just looking for reasons to justifile their disgusting habit.
you guys are retarded.  who cares what anyone does?  jerk off.  or don't.  it's personal choice.  even if my girl put out, i'd still jerk off.  porn does not control me.  jerking off does not control me.  i just like sex and jerking off.  oh well, so i'm expending energy on my wang.  oh no!  so when i'm sitting around doing nothing except playing new vegas, maybe i'll have more energy to go get another soda or take another dip from my can of cope.  oh btw i run frequently and i have a VERY physically involved job.  i have plenty of energy, i'm just lazy and like boobs.  don't bother responding to this, i won't come back and view this post.  just my two cents.

/rant
btw nothing will happen if you stop.  you will either crave it more and will cave or you will get over it.  like i said, personal choice and it is entirely in your head.  good luck.  or not.
You may come back and read this post because you curious to see what people had to say to your response. With that being said, don't post any comments if you don't have anything relevant to say. You're just taking up internet space jerk-off.
its up to you if you want to stop  or to continue what you are started before. if you are happy to doing it just take your time. and if you decided to stop your happines its sad to you. i only remind you that life is too short.. so enjoy your life and do what you want :)
I agree with you that masturbation causes your penis to have a craving for your hand, but if you go long enough without masturbating can you reverse this effect? I don't want to meet a pretty girl and have an erection problem because I am not used to a vagina. I have masturbated for over 5 years and just now am trying to quit the habit for good! It makes me so depressed and sleepy all the time!
im 19 years old and im doing that evry single day or twice a week
masturbation is where you can fined your happines,, u feel better when the other do it for you so what are you waiting for try now:)
Hey, rub a dub dub, You seem very bitter an twisted by your post that's what to much wanking dose to some people. I bet you don't really have a girl friend and if you do she is frustrated because you would rather pull your willy than have sex with her.

Those that say do what makes you feel happy (weather it wanking or not) I strongly debate that people that wank (frequently) are happy. Sure they may come on this site and say they are however I reckon they are bull ******** or don't know what happiness is.

Yes “lone wolf' You can reverse the effect of your penis being dependent on your hand for simulation (hard on). Just stop for at least a mth. You will have very strong craving to fiddle espillay after a week or two. Control these craving. The key is don't touch it in the first place no matter how much the desire to do so is(cept washing and pissing of course) .
Since I gave up masturbation I am no longer shy. I enjoy meeting  women and have many new women friends (potential partners).
Casper00 already answered the question for me but I'll still give you my input.

My input involves the use of a latex condom, a problem I had all my life. Please read...

Us men with erection problems in the bedroom seem to think we have erection issues when the penis goes down in the middle of sex. But if we masturbate, that doesn't happen because we're stimulating the penis the entire time. Thus, that will lead to ejaculation.

I gave it deep thought and realize that IFI can get my penis to enjoy the sensation of the vagina the entire time while having sex (while wearing a condom), I should not lose my erection PLUS ejaculate from the whole sex act because my penis is loving the sensations from the vagina the entire time.

The only thing I could think of that was blocking my penis sensation in some vagina was the use of my hand. I can't vouch for uncircumcised men but I'm circumcised and its possibility all that rubbing of the penis is reducing a lot of the sensation my penis should feel when having real sex because I don't have the foreskin protecting my glans (glands) at all time.

I discovered the manhod at manhood.mb.ca and bought that. You can check that out if you wish...(back to the subject)

So, I decided to wank one last time just to get it out my system and start my "no-masturbation may increase penis sensitivity project"

I went 3 weeks straight wearing my manhood and no masturbation. However, I still watched porn daily (just kept telling myself this is just porn so I felt no urge to masturbate).

After 3 weeks, I hooked up with my ex gf (who I had sex issues with in the past) and we started making out. I was yearning for her to touch/rub my penis because my penis hasn't been touched for 3 weeks now. So when she did, I felt an increase sensation PLUS my penis was getting rock hard on demand. She decided to give me oral sex and that felt more better than how she did it in the past. And then came the final test (enjoying sex with the condom).

I used Durex Love, if that mean anything, and immediately as I penetrated my penis felt some sensation. Normally, I wouldn't feel a damn thing and lose erection in less than 10 strokes. But this time, it actually felt good. So I kept penetrating thinking something was going to go wrong but it never did. My penis was feeling the sensation the entire time and next thing I knew we were really getting busy. During the entire sex act, I felt the urge to climax but I kept holding it in just to pleasure her more. I'll pull in and out, in and out, and still feeling the warmth, tightness, and sensational friction from her vagina.

After 10 minutes I was ready to climax because I needed to see if I could ejaculate in a condom, I NEVER HAVE; ALWAYS RESORT TO SKIN CONDOMS OR USING BIRTH CONTROL. So she told me I can let it out and so I did. I couldn't beleive it!!!! I had real sex with a latex condom. She was so happy for me.

On my 4th week, I hook up with another girl on our first date and got the same results. But this time, my penis got more hard and felt more sensation from the vagina.

This is my 5th week and I hook up with another new girl and got the same results. But this time, my confidence jump sky-high.

So as you can see, by me staying away from touching my own penis:
1) my desire for a women to rub/feel/suck my penis jump sky-high
2) my penis is NOW only getting used to a woman's touch and no longer mines
3) the sensation in my penis tremendously increased and continues to increase and this cause me to finally enjoy sex thru a latex condom
4) getting stronger erections on demand WITHOUT touching myself to make it harder
5) I can now watch porn still WITHOUT the urge to touch myself. Porn is like watching a football game to me now...LOL
6) my confidence to sexually please women has jump sky-high (though I still get nervous in the beginning sometimes due to my past bad sexual encounters)
7) makes me feel like a normal person. no more having to use a skin condom with random chicks and taking a chance catching a std. Now I tell women in a heartbeat I PRACTICE SAFE SEX WITH A LATEX CONDOM.

With that being said, I vow to never touch my penis again. I have no urge at all! Right now, I'm trying to get in touch with all my old dates to see if they give me a 2nd shot in the bedroom, LOL

Wow! That is amazing! You definitely have way more self control than I do! For me to totally get over this I completely burned all my porn dvds and stopped watching porn all together! I have been strong now almost a month, but if I even see porn I have that strong urge to masturbate. So I just think of something to occupy my time and take my mind off of masturbating. But I don't think I have the strength to watch porn without wanking. I have done it once or twice before, but then that sudden urge to masturbate myself comes in and I am back to square one. But I don't know, maybe being able to watch porn without having the urge to masturbate is the final step to breaking the habit for good! However, I will continue to stay strong and keep focused! I really envy your success with the ladies and I want to be that way too! Thanks for the advice!
I think me wearing my manhood all the time has help me stop from masturbating. If I go to touch my penis, I would feel this silk garment on my penis rather than the actual skin. So soon as I touch myself, I don't feel no sensation which means I'm not anxious to touch any longer.

As far as porn goes, you need to really start telling yourself that porn is not reality. When you see those naked women on the screen, just enjoy the show. Don't start saying to yourself "I wish that was me she's doing" because if you do that, the urge to start touching yourself (as if it was her touching you) will come into effect. To be honest with you, I don't even get hard anymore when looking at porn because my penis understands this is not the real thing.

Quitting porn and masturbation all at once is very challenging and most do not succeed. Eventually you may go back and take a peep. This why I ask you to try my method so you can still have your enjoyment of watching porn and still no masturbation.

To be honest with you, if I stay away from porn, I would get extremely bored being alone in my house and eventually I would start to masturbate out of boredom. Watching porn keeps me sexually wanting sex and entertained.
If you do anything in excess, you get bored with it and you may become insensitive to it. why not try with masturbation and porno.Full week end, do nothing else. I am sure, it will be enough to make you hate porno and masturbation.
Viewing 1-200 comments: