Men's Health Community
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STOP MASTURBATING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
(FA)In my opinion and from what I have read, watching porn without masturbating is nowhere near as pleasurable or damaging to one psyche than watching porn while masturbating.  However, that doesn't mean it's doesn't have negative effects.  I'm sure you get increased testosterone and a bit of an endorphin high when watching porn, which is normal because when you don't masturbate you spare yourself the long-term damage, but I think just watching can be addictive, but in the same way watching sports is addictive because you get that rush.  

Yes but also and more  possibly more importantly it desensitizes the natural responses a person has to women. Also they become viewed as just sex objects. It isn't educational like Myron says, it teaches men to think sex is just shagging as long as possible, what about all the other aspects of sex, emotion etc.

(F A)I think you should try to not watch porn for a week, if you can last that long, then you are probably not addicted, however if you can't last that long then it means you are most likely addicted and should either cut down on watching it or just abstain from it.  It's not that hard to not watch porn,  I've been on the internet almost everyday since I quit watching porn in the past 6 and a half months and not once did I give in and visit a porn site and watch a porn clip.  It's all about mind over matter.

I bet he takes you up on this offer and then spins a lot of crap about how easy it was for him to stop
opps that was for you above , I must be tried its late here  in australia,
Will congratulations however I wouldn't say you have conquered that demon yet, That demon never stays down his head is always trying to poke up. The temptation never really goes away some days are just easier than others , good luck u r doing will.
just chop it off, probelm solved

kidding best to just try not to touch it in first place will thats my method and to try to not think dirty thoughts. Yer I know its hard just about impossible at first, i wouldnt worry about to much at your age.
"I think you should try to not watch porn for a week, if you can last that long, then you are probably not addicted, however if you can't last that long then it means you are most likely addicted and should either cut down on watching it or just abstain from it.  It's not that hard to not watch porn,  I've been on the internet almost everyday since I quit watching porn in the past 6 and a half months and not once did I give in and visit a porn site and watch a porn clip.  It's all about mind over matter. "

>>>If I don't watch porn for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't watch football for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't watch tv for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't turn on the radio for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't eat fast food for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't call a girl for a week then I'm not addicted. Catch my drift here?

Yall making this more than what it is. If everything is done in moderation, you're fine. However, this past week I did go 3 days not looking at porn (because had no desire to look at porn for 3 days) so that shows the self-control right there.
"Ok Myron I'm sick of your story's as will. Now you are trying to back track and say you don't watch much porn. You always backtrack and change story's to suit when confronted. Other wise you run away and hide. Now you want me to not mention your name because you don't like me me exposing your tall storyies'. In the past you raved about all the  sick porn you watched,now you trying to say  you don't watch much and its only amateur stuff, ffs make up your mind. I'll talk to you if I like if you are to scared to respond to me fine its what I expect. "

#1 Is not a story, all factual. I have no reason to lie.
#2 What is much porn? Somedays I look at it for couple hours, some days maybe an hour, somedays a few minutes, somedays none at all! However, it doesn't interfere with my work, sex life or current education. Currently have a 3.8 average in college.

#3 I never said I watch sick porn. That's not in my character. I challenge you to find an old post stating I watch sick porn. This will be a challenge you will lose.
#4 Never scared to talk to you. You're just working up my nerves over the internet and talking a lot of crap because you're over there in Australia,  over 1000 miles away from me.

"You clearly have a serious porn addiction and probably masturbation addiction, all I was trying to do was help you but you took it the wrong way. People come here with serious sexual problems cant you see that. Its not a game. Recommending watching porn with out masturbating as a means to solve sexual dysfunctional problems is pathetic. I believe most red bloodied males cant watch porn when alone and not pull the ******. It would be like locking a classroom of kids in the candy store all night and telling them not to eat any candies. Any how you may fool others but you don't fool me. I actually don't think you fool anyone I think others are just more polite than me. I don't like being taken for a sucker."

#1 Probably a masturbation addiction??? You know whats your problem? You have a problem not believing people because they are not practicing the same thing as you are doing. You need to fix THAT PROBLEM!

#2 Recommending to watch porn without masturbation is not pathetic. I'm just giving an easier challenge to accomplish if someone is really addicted to masturbating to porn. Trying to stay away from porn for years sounds great but you'll be just like a crack addict, once in a blue moon taking that hit. I know you're dying to stroke that penis Casper, just let loose your sexual frustrations and stop taking it out on me. LOL I believe that's another problem you have. You're sexually frustrated.

#3 What is red bloodied males?
#4 What am I fooling everyone with Casper? "Transformers" It's like I'm Decepticon and you're Starscreen because you want everyone to be on your side of opinion so freakin badly. GET A LIFE DUDE!
I'm glad you are still  talking to me dose that mean you still luv me :) .
LMAO, I just don't like being called a liar or told I'm pathetic or told I have an addiction problem when I clearly don't.

Thats all!
by Myron_Long , Nov 06, 2010 01:43PM
To: casper00Before I was watching porn (my younger days), I was picky to form. Watching porn made it worst at one point. Now I'm in my 30's, I understand that women bodies have flaws so I don't compare the women in porn to regular women. PLUS when I watch porn I watch a variety of women. I.E. big booty women, big boobs women, older women, younger women, and even plus size women. So porn doesn't affect me that way. I just don't watch hardcore stuff meaning stuff that will never happen in real life.

Look i dont want to pick you apart but you challaged me. Ok admittly you are presenting the argument that they are natural  women however to me older women and fat women is a bit a sick but maybe I'm just fussy, just seems so to me.

Any how I will try to behave myself
Well that right there is your opinion. Big women and older women not sick to me. I'm 33 yrs old so watching someone that's like 40-50 is not sick. Also big women need love too.

Sick porn to me is watching some nonsense like the girl being urinated on or putting abnormal foreign objects inside the vagina or gangbangs where all the guys ejaculate on the girl's face. I don't watch stuff like that.
Maybe and millions would debate that all porn is sick. For many people including me, that have  or had  a porn addiction, porn is the enemy. Even others that come on this site have been pointing this out. Yet you openly promote porn.

I didn't care until you used gods name in vain. You admitted it was a sin yet make no effort to stop or cut back..I don't take a religious perspective on this matter  unless the other  person  takes a religious perspective first.. If a person is a atheist that is fine I don't force my religion on anyone. I now can see you just used Gods name only as a  figure of speech and I misread you.

Don't ask me to find where you did this I hate scrolling through old posts I find it really boring surly you remember what you said.

I know what I said. I am just like everyone else on here when it comes to God, got one foot in and one foot out!
"Yes but also and more  possibly more importantly it desensitizes the natural responses a person has to women. Also they become viewed as just sex objects. It isn't educational like Myron says, it teaches men to think sex is just shagging as long as possible, what about all the other aspects of sex, emotion etc."

I think it can be harmful for someone young that hasn't experienced sex, but in Myron's case I don't think it can cause that much damage since he's had sex plenty of times.
porn is the biggest enemy that has been destroying teen's life all over the world.inspite of this you keep running your ******* mouth openly promoting porn.moreover you use god's name to make others think that you are doing the right thing.well i have not seen a biigger hypocrite like you in my life!you cant stop seeing porn thats why you are others pathetic like you.you say that no one can escape porn.but there will be a day where all the people around you will stop watching porn except YOU.and on that day you will be the BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!
"If I don't watch porn for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't watch football for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't watch tv for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't turn on the radio for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't eat fast food for a week then I'm not addicted. If I don't call a girl for a week then I'm not addicted. Catch my drift here?"

I see your point man, I guess anything can be really addictive in the end.  In the end, you're right it doesn't matter if you can abstain for a week, what's more important is that you are in control.

"Yall making this more than what it is. If everything is done in moderation, you're fine. However, this past week I did go 3 days not looking at porn (because had no desire to look at porn for 3 days) so that shows the self-control right there."

I think in the end, you got to look at how it affects your life.  If you watch porn everyday without masturbating and you can live a normal healthy life where you work and bring in good money and have no problems getting laid in real life without paying, then porn isn't a problem.

Also, if your mental well being is fine, you don't get stressed easily or have problems keeping up with responsibility in life then I guess watching porn is fine for you if you do it in moderation.

However, I have to agree with casper0_0 that even though this works for you, it won't work so well for other people especially young teens.  It definitely won't work for me because I'd be tempted to masturbate to it, but everyone's different and should do what works for them.
"porn is the biggest enemy that has been destroying teen's life all over the world.inspite of this you keep running your ******* mouth openly promoting porn.moreover you use god's name to make others think that you are doing the right thing.well i have not seen a biigger hypocrite like you in my life!you cant stop seeing porn thats why you are others pathetic like you.you say that no one can escape porn.but there will be a day where all the people around you will stop watching porn except YOU.and on that day you will be the BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL dude, calm the **** down seriously.  Myron is not yelling at people to go watch porn, all he's saying that it doesn't affect him.  Obviously it affects you negatively as it affects me negatively as well. So it makes common sense for us to stay away from porn.
"i need help i watch porn i cant control it anymore i tried to stop from masturbating those porn stuff keeps coming back to my mind and i start masturbating again i went for 3 weeks fine then i had in my mind i did it again i masturbated plz.. help (srry for bad grammar or spelling i have no time to correct those) i have been masturbating from 13 now im 16 oh plz HELP.."

Well, consider yourself lucky to be addicted to porn at a young age, I had to learn this lesson in my early twenties, which isn't the best time to experience this.  My method was to masturbate everyday without using porn until I finally was adjusted to doing it without.  This may take a few months and then you'll notice at this time that you'll feel calmer and more relaxed.  Mentally you'll begin to feel more rational and in control of yourself.  Your social anxiety will begin to dissipate slowly as well.

Then, once you are ready after a few months, the next step is to cut down on masturbation or quit.  First try to go 1 week without masturbating.  Then once that is completed you can go for 15 days without masturbating.  Then finally you can go for 30 days without masturbating.  Then at this point you can look back and think to yourself, can I go on further or should I just settle on doing it once a week, two times a week, once every other week, every three weeks, every month.  That's a decision you'll have to make with yourself.  

Good luck.
The last time I posted a comment here I thought that it was the end of the discussion. I came back to see if there were more post but nothing. I come back in a couple weeks and it has extended to a third page. Amazing! I honestly believe this post has the most comments thanks in part to Myron and Casper's intense arguments.Anyway, even without porn I have come to find out that the images are still locked into my brain. I have watched a lot of porn and I mean a lot! I am not going to lie, I have given into the temptation and stroked my penis a couple of times and I am not proud of it. However I feel it is best to be honest with our progression and right now I am in a rut. I no longer watch porn but I wake up fully erected with a sensitive penis and I have been having wet dreams. I just don't understand. I think the images from watching porn our embedded in my brain and I don't know how to get rid of them. What do you think?
"porn is the biggest enemy that has been destroying teen's life all over the world.inspite of this you keep running your ******* mouth openly promoting porn.moreover you use god's name to make others think that you are doing the right thing.well i have not seen a biigger hypocrite like you in my life!you cant stop seeing porn thats why you are others pathetic like you.you say that no one can escape porn.but there will be a day where all the people around you will stop watching porn except YOU.and on that day you will be the BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!! "

>>>>Whoa, calm down buddy! LMAO... It is so funny I get brutally attacked on here because I don't have the same perspective on porn as most people. Cage, I agree with you, if you're a teen facing this problem, staying away from porn + masturbation is probably the better solution. But I'm 33 years and porn was not on the internet like that back in my teen days. I used to masturbate with my mind or phone sex. Once I turned 21, I started going to strip clubs and riscade shops and renting porn and that's when my obsession with masturbation jumped sky high. But at least with that I had self-control because I wasn't renting porn on a constant basis. And then later in my 20's I discovered yahoo chatrooms and started seeing naked woman on webcams. I started having cybersex with real woman. Then yahoo died down so my desire to masturbate like that went down too. I went back to renting porn for a little while and that's when I started experiencing over-masturbation because when you rent porn, there's like 4 scenes a dvd and I would try to masturbate to all 4 scenes BEFORE I return the dvd the next day. CRAZY!!! I told myself there has to be a better way to masturbate than keep doing this. And that's when I started searching the internet and found a free porn site. I still watch it to this day and at one point I was trying to masturbate to every video I watched. And then someone put me onto a website similar to the old yahoo chat room. I still look at that too and at one point I was trying to masturbate to every live girl on the cam.

But in between all of this, my sex life was on/off horrible. I dissatisfied so many fine girls in my time. Sometimes I couldn't get erections and sometimes I lost it during sex. Doctors always told me I'm psychologically having issues but I knew it was more than that. I also faced trauma to the penis either thru over-masturbation, masturbating prone or one time this girl accidentally sat on my penis too hard.

So this is what I'm trying to say, maybe I'm at the point in life that I'm tired of masturbating and having a bad sex life. At a point, you get tired of being tired of the same problem.

So on 9/17/10 I decided to stop masturbating but still watch porn. I started telling myself over and over again "porn is a fantasy, not normal, so why should I stroke my penis to it?"

So its now been almost 3 months of watching porn, no masturbation, and my mind has accepted this change. I also been having better sex with different type women (not all same race, shape or form), not losing erection during sex and having fun.

So on that note, porn was not my problem, it was constantly masturbating and keeping my penis tired for real sex. So in the end I will not be the BIGGEST LOSER!!! BECAUSE I'M ALREADY WINNING AND BEATING THIS MASTURBATION ADDICTION.
"Anyway, even without porn I have come to find out that the images are still locked into my brain. I have watched a lot of porn and I mean a lot! I am not going to lie, I have given into the temptation and stroked my penis a couple of times and I am not proud of it. However I feel it is best to be honest with our progression and right now I am in a rut. I no longer watch porn but I wake up fully erected with a sensitive penis and I have been having wet dreams. I just don't understand. I think the images from watching porn our embedded in my brain and I don't know how to get rid of them. What do you think? "

>>> You're obsessed with women just like me. As far as masturbation goes, if this is not affecting your sex life, nothing is  wrong with it. If you are hving problems in the bedroom with a real woman, it's time to stop. If you're ejaculating with a half-hard penis, it's time to stop. If you're penis is not getting hard but only getting hard from the rubbing of your hand to the penis, it's time to stop.
(FA)I think it can be harmful for someone young that hasn't experienced sex, but in Myron's case I don't think it can cause that much damage since he's had sex plenty of times

I think age  or weather a person has experienced sex all not has notin to do with it. Actully it could be debated that its more serious with a older person and a sexually actitive person.

Any how i think you must be the only the person that belives that Myrons isnt mastebating to all that porn he watchs. Most here, even the teenagers understand that porn is the enermy and all normall red bloodied males are sexual beings the temptation would be to great. I bet he has it floppled out right now as he said one other time he surfs porn sites between posts and his last post was only 20min back. So my money says he tossing the acon right now
well now i think you are wasted.33 years old-still watching porn and having 'good sex' with girlfriends and unmarried.no career no job nothing.you think you are happy with your life.at your age people work day and night in their office and teach their chidrens the good value of life.but here you are-living in a big mansion and seeing porn.well you maybe winning the battle of masturbation but are you winning the battle of life?it is only natural for you to quit masterbation (masturbation) at your age since now you should have childrens.do you think god is happy with your lifestyle?the way you are wasting your time-it seems you are just tired of everything.and you say you are proud to quit masterbation (masturbation)-but you dont really give a damn about other values of life.at the end of the day in the battle of life you are the ultimate loser.
Get to my age first then talk all this moncho talk over the net Cage. I made it thru my teens and 20's homey.

"well now i think you are wasted.33 years old-still watching porn and having 'good sex' with girlfriends and unmarried.no career no job nothing.you think you are happy with your life.at your age people work day and night in their office and teach their chidrens the good value of life.but here you are-living in a big mansion and seeing porn.well you maybe winning the battle of masturbation but are you winning the battle of life?it is only natural for you to quit masterbation (masturbation) at your age since now you should have childrens.do you think god is happy with your lifestyle?the way you are wasting your time-it seems you are just tired of everything.and you say you are proud to quit masterbation (masturbation)-but you dont really give a damn about other values of life.at the end of the day in the battle of life you are the ultimate loser"

#1 Unmarried by choice. Could've been married twice but I felt she wasn't the one.
#2 I have a job dude, where did you get that assumption. My salary is well comfortable.
#3 I am winning the battle of life but you're entitled to your opinion.
#4 What do you mean quit masturbation at my age. I don't know what world you live in but men at the age 70 years old still masturbate.

#5 Don't ask me if God is happy with my lifestyle. Ask yourself that. My relationship between God has nothing to do with you and you shouldn't be judging me anyway.

#6 Yes I am proud to quit masturbation, something you are battling with right now...
#7 You don't know what values I do give a damn about in life. In fact, you nothing about me but what I just shared over the net.
#8 Ultimate loser my azz. Get a life dude. Stop talking all this moncho talk over the net. I can't stand cyber bullies like you! How old are you by the way? I hope I'm not bout to engage in an internet argument with a teenager. If so, I has no time for that. You have a lot to learn...
Casper, get a grip man... WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO MASTURBAT TO PORN???? ARE YOU THAT WEAK MINDED???

DON'T START THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN MAN!
Oh by the way, not that usually like to share my personal business, but I did get some real sex last night. That was my way of masturbating to all that porn I just saw over the week.
Will put you ahve a better way with words than m, yer i dont think myron sees the big picture all when people are trying to educate him. he still seems to think its life is just about bagging women. i guess i see the way i was once  in him which is properally why he upsets me. but at least i grew up in the end. Will hope I have. i wasted the best yesrs of my life. But hopefully its never to late.
excuse grammer mistakes am falling asleep just finished work
re down after my coffee,

Will put you have a better way with words than me, yer I don't think Myron sees the big picture or when people are trying to educate him. he still seems to think  life is just about banging women. I guess i see the way I once  was which is properly why he upsets me. but at least I grew up in the end. Will hope I have. I wasted the best years of my life. But hopefully its never to late.

Opps redone

Myron he may be teenager but he has values what is wrong with that.
I wished I was like that at his age. No crime to have values.
I don't mind him having values but I won't tolerate the internet bashing!!! Everyone on here needs to respect and value each's opinion without passing judgement.

It seems to me everyone on here wants to stop masturbating but also seems to learn how to RESPECT ONE ANOTHER!

Maybe half yall didn't get to that level yet because I'm in my 30's talking to a bunch of teens and 20 year olds... Maybe I need to search for a mature forum. Thinking about it, that's probably the problem.

Every time I come on here, I don't want someone down my throat talking negatively to me, mainly Casper and now this Cage guy.

Who cares how I value women, porn, etc. This forum is about "WHAT HAPPENS IF I STOP MASTURBATING"

Yall keep flipping on some porn nonsense and because I treat porn differently from the most of you I'm the one that has to have a problem.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!
"Will put you ahve a better way with words than m, yer i dont think myron sees the big picture all when people are trying to educate him. he still seems to think its life is just about bagging women. i guess i see the way i was once  in him which is properally why he upsets me. but at least i grew up in the end. "

>>> You are right! I am just baggin these women. Enjoying life. What I'm really doing is playing catch up from all the years of bad sex I had with women. I finally got my mojo. I feel like a kid who's been deprived from the candy store. Let me live for awhile!
Why do you always get so upset. ( I say innocently) You do have a problem but so do millions of people.  No one picking on you. Just enlightening you.  Have your fun who cares. If you cant see how promoting porn upsets people that have masturbation or sexual problems , so be it. You just seem to be acting like a adolescent with your suspect method.

I will try really hard to control the urge  not to argue with you. Its just so hard some times its like you keep setting yourself up and I just cant help myself.. I don't know how you tolerate  me some times.

I don't know why age suddenly becomes a factor these young ones just don't want to waste their lives they can see whats going on around them. Don't you wish you had their insight at their age. I'm actually older than you by a few years.  Life is to precious to waste. Maybe one day you look back and understand what we were trying to say I don't think you can at the moment. Never mind.
For the last time, I am not promoting porn. I only stated how I view it and handled it mentally. Yeah I recommend it as a solution (learning how to watch it without mastubating) but that doesn't mean I'm promoting it.

Nobody wants to watch porn then don't watch it. But we're talking about how to stop masturbating and most importantly "WHAT HAPPENS WHEN STOP MASTURBATING". That's the title of this forum.

From this point on,I would like to not be badgered. And I've been trying to get away from talking about porn but yall just keep bringing it up.
well im a 17 year old.but if you think l am like all those teens who watch porn every second,have lots of girlfriend and masterbates everyday then you are sorely mistaken my friend.unlike you i had not watched any porn for 1.5 YEARS.yes thats true.and i have no girlfriends and i am 10 days without masterbating (masturbating).and i am close to quit it.but you are 33. you still bag women on your penis and watch porn.i am almost two decade younger than you but i am stronger than you.
             you are 33 now.you say that even 70 year grandpa masterbates.when you will be 70 you will say even 120 year old grandest grandpa masterbates!!!!!.so i dont wanna talk to a hypocrite like you.because i analyze every second i live.unfortunately you dont..
I encourage you to not watch porn.

However, if you're mature enough, strong enough, and have great self-control, and know how to do things in moderation, watching porn should not ruin your life.
Lonewolfof90: "The last time I posted a comment here I thought that it was the end of the discussion. I came back to see if there were more post but nothing. I come back in a couple weeks and it has extended to a third page. Amazing! I honestly believe this post has the most comments thanks in part to Myron and Casper's intense arguments.Anyway, even without porn I have come to find out that the images are still locked into my brain. I have watched a lot of porn and I mean a lot! I am not going to lie, I have given into the temptation and stroked my penis a couple of times and I am not proud of it. However I feel it is best to be honest with our progression and right now I am in a rut. I no longer watch porn but I wake up fully erected with a sensitive penis and I have been having wet dreams. I just don't understand. I think the images from watching porn our embedded in my brain and I don't know how to get rid of them. What do you think?"

Wet dreams are normal man, don't try to fight something that's natural, your body needs to get rid of the built up sperm naturally if you aren't going to masturbate.  I know what you are talking about the images embedded in your brain.  I read about that somewhere, but the truth is you'll forget about them after a while.  I haven't watched a porn video in 6 and a half months and honestly it seems like a distant memory.  I think my mind has flushed that **** out mostly, sure I'm mostly healed and we all bear scars from past abuses.  Important thing is you focus on staying away from porn for the rest of your life and whether you masturbate in moderation or choose to abstain is completely up to you.
casper0_0: "I think age  or weather a person has experienced sex all not has notin to do with it. Actully it could be debated that its more serious with a older person and a sexually actitive person."

Well in terms of getting an erection that may be true, but he doesn't masturbate to it, so it shouldn't cause a problem.

casper0_0: "Any how i think you must be the only the person that belives that Myrons isnt mastebating to all that porn he watchs. Most here, even the teenagers understand that porn is the enermy and all normall red bloodied males are sexual beings the temptation would be to great. I bet he has it floppled out right now as he said one other time he surfs porn sites between posts and his last post was only 20min back. So my money says he tossing the acon right now"

I believe him because he lets out the pent up sexual tension from watching porn through having sex on occasion.  If he didn't have sex I wouldn't believe him because he'd have to masturbate eventually to get ride of that built up tension.
"I encourage you to not watch porn.

However, if you're mature enough, strong enough, and have great self-control, and know how to do things in moderation, watching porn should not ruin your life."

I agree, however for your second point, make sure you mean watching porn without masturbation, since watching porn with masturbation is never a good idea.
( myron)From this point on,I would like to not be badgered. And I've been trying to get away from talking about porn but yall just keep bringing it up.

Only badger ya because I luv ya, you love porn I even seen ya raving about it on other sites, So why do you want to run away from it.
KUDOS to you Cage! Now go pick on someone else on this forum. You made your point.
Opps the urge took control again, I just cant control myself
I'm starting to think Cage is your son since he's 17 and you're a few years older than me. Yall both sound so alike in the mind.

OPPS, the urge took control again, I just can't control myself, LMAO...
Will I am only two years older so he could be yours as will but  nice try its good to see you have a bite. Did you pm cooterbh74 or not??
cooter who? Dont' recall...
I believe him because he lets out the pent up sexual tension from watching porn through having sex on occasion.  If he didn't have sex I wouldn't believe him because he'd have to masturbate eventually to get ride of that built up tension

Will ok, from my expirence having sex  on occasions and watching porn just made me even horner. i suppsoe if a person was having sex daily yer this would be true but having sex occsionly hmm very suspect would only make most males even horner when watching porn. i think he said once every two weeks on advergae he supposely got laid. Very suspect if you asked me
Casper, if you back track to early post maybe a couple months ago, I stated I wear the manhood on my penis. In order to make sure that is helping out my penis sensitivity issue, it forces me to not touch or stroke my penis. Therefore, it makes it a whole lot easier for me to still watch porn (if I choose to) without masturbating to porn.

I'm using one method to fight another method. If I wasn't wearing my manhood, then YES I probably would end up masturbating to porn.
"If I wasn't wearing my manhood, then YES I probably would end up masturbating to porn."

I understand that you are wearing a manhood to keep your from masturbating, but what is stopping you from saying **** it and take it off? Is it will power?
I mean it just seems like something uncomfortable to wear all the time. Like a condom you never take off.
Nah, I'm not wearing it to stop me from masturbating. I'm wearing it to help increase sensitivity to penis, plus protect me from rubbing against my underwear on a daily basis (because I'm circumcised)

It just happens to stop me from masturbating because I always wear it. It feels like it's not there but it really is. I take it during showering and if I have to pee (takes a second to pull off). Of course I don't have it on when I'm around a woman. I even wear it to bed at night.

The product works!
I don't know what being circumstanced has to do with  it. I seen you and fA talking about this before I couldn't be bothered commenting. I'm circumstanced myself. Theirs many benefits to being circumstanced and many women love circumstanced men because its easier to keep the thingy clean. To say a thingy that has been circumstanced is less sensitive  than a un-circumstanced thingy is sheer speculation.
I never said anything wrong with being CIRCUMCISED. Of course you know when you're circumcised, the majority of nerve sensitivity is removed from the penis because the foreskin is no longer there.
You lost me, The penis head isnt effected. Its just a little bit of foreskin. The foreskin itself dosnt have sexual nerve's in it, Its just skin.  
The foreskin does have nerves in it. Anyone that's not circumcised can easily explain that part to you. And you are right, the penis head not effected that much. However, if you masturbate the "penis head" directly over the years like I have, desensitization may play in part in enjoying sex.
Its skin. it only cover's the penis, like a jacket, of course it has nerves  but not sexual ones. over masterbation (masturbation) desensitalises anyone weather they been circumcised or not
I am not circumcised and when I was younger I thought that was how every males penis looked. I would not wash the inside of my penis only around it because I didn't know if that was supposed to be cleaned. I soon found out that uncircumcised males have to pull the foreskin back to clean the inside of the penis to avoid germs and other bacteria from building up. So when I finally decided to clean myself properly(also this is before i started masturbating) it was incredibly sensitive and at first it was very hard to do because I had so many nerves that I wasn't used to feeling. My foreskin kept my penis sensitive because the urethra was not rubbing against my pants and stuff.

At first I thought to get my foreskin removed so I would not have to worry about cleaning it so much, but after a while I became used to the process and I was less sensitive in that area. I personally prefer my foreskin because it does keep the penis from rubbing against hard objects or risk getting a cut. The worst that happened was I got my thing caught in my zipper once lol, but thanks to my foreskin nothing was seriously damaged. It is a personal choice whether to have it removed or not. Some doctors would suggest removal to avoid germs and bacteria, but it has been proven if you take time to clean it in the shower this will not happen. Other than that religious reasons are the only thing I can think of.
"Its skin. it only cover's the penis, like a jacket, of course it has nerves  but not sexual ones. over masterbation (masturbation) desensitalises anyone weather they been circumcised or not "

>>I agree except for the over mastubation desensizes everyon part... It's now the fact you over-masturbate, it's HOW you over-masturbated. Again, for years I vigorously rubbed the head of the penis to reach ejaculation. Other males may just stroke the shaft and not the head. So that person most likely still has a greater stimulation directly to the penis head rather than someone like me. Plus in my younger days, I always dry stroked it. I didn't discover lube until my mid 20's.
(LW) I am not circumcised and when I was younger I thought that was how every males penis looked. I would not wash the inside of my penis only around it because I didn't know if that was supposed to be cleaned. I soon found out that uncircumcised males have to pull the foreskin back to clean the inside of the penis to avoid germs and other bacteria from building up. So when I finally decided to clean myself properly(also this is before i started masturbating) it was incredibly sensitive and at first it was very hard to do because I had so many nerves that I wasn't used to feeling. My foreskin kept my penis sensitive because the urethra was not rubbing against my pants and stuff.

How do you know it wouldnt be sensitive anyway, even if you were circumcised  I mean you said you hadnt started masterbating (masturbating) yet so i guess it was around puberty time. You havn't really got anything to compare it with.
(MYRON)>>I agree except for the over mastubation desensizes everyon part... It's now the fact you over-masturbate, it's HOW you over-masturbated. Again, for years I vigorously rubbed the head of the penis to reach ejaculation. Other males may just stroke the shaft and not the head. So that person most likely still has a greater stimulation directly to the penis head rather than someone like me. Plus in my younger days, I always dry stroked it. I didn't discover lube until my mid 20's

Can't see how this has to with weather a person has been circumcised or not.It only has to do with the way you choosed to masterbate. odd way as will i thought every one stroked the shaft. Each to thier own i suppose.

I wouldn't know because I am not circumcised. But being uncircumcised I was sensitive in that area for a while. In fact, I didn't like to touch it because it was uncomfortable. The only time I messed with my penis was to pee and when I showered. When I forced myself to pull my foreskin back and clean it, it was a very uncomfortable feeling. It took me maybe a few days before I got used to the feeling of my bare head. Then when I got older at the age of 15 I had been used to cleaning my penis. So the sensitivity didn't bother me as much. But I read that a circumcised penis is tougher because it does not have a foreskin to protect it from things so the extra sensitivity is not needed. But I don't know every males penis just mine, maybe yours is different. Just sharing my personal experience.
"Can't see how this has to with weather a person has been circumcised or not.It only has to do with the way you choosed to masterbate. odd way as will i thought every one stroked the shaft. Each to thier own i suppose. "

>>>I can't speak for someone thats not circumcised. I never had the opportunity to have my glans (glands) cover by a foreskin. However, how is it that you thought every one stroked the shaft only? When we are young, nobody tells us the proper way to masturbate. I discovered there was more pleasure in massaging the penis head rather than stroking the shaft. Who taught you how to masturbate?

"But I read that a circumcised penis is tougher because it does not have a foreskin to protect it from things so the extra sensitivity is not needed. "

>>>You are correct. Us circumcised men do not have a shiny penis head like you. Thats because our penis head is constantly exposed to the environment and thats why its been proven that by time we are 70 are penis head will have barely to none sensitivity. You on the otherhand has the foreskin to your penis head sensitize at all times. This explains why more men that are not circumcised can enjoy more sensation thru a condom vs. a man who is circumcised.
Been proven my arse if that was the case no one would get circumcised. Sounds like another myth to me. What do you mean who taught me to masterbate silly question isnt it, I
Thanks! I also think that men should be allowed to keep their foreskin instead of having it removed at birth. When they get old enough they should be able to decide whether they want to keep it or not. Unfortunately, most males are robbed of this decision at birth because the parents are too concerned with the health factor. If you clean under your foreskin regularly no problem. Simple as that!
"What do you mean who taught me to masterbate silly question isnt it, I "

>>>I was being sarcastic. My point proven, nobody teaches anyone how to masturbate at a young age. You learn on your own and hopefully you learn the correct way. I didn't. I started off humping the bed, masturbating prone (on my stomach), and stroking the penis head directly to reach ejaculation. Those (3) things caused me psychological and sensitivity issues as an adult and now I'm trying to recover from it.
yer would be nice if we had a choice
"Thanks! I also think that men should be allowed to keep their foreskin instead of having it removed at birth. When they get old enough they should be able to decide whether they want to keep it or not. Unfortunately, most males are robbed of this decision at birth because the parents are too concerned with the health factor. If you clean under your foreskin regularly no problem. Simple as that! "

>>>I agree with everything you're saying but I don't regret being circumcised. I love how my penis looks. I just wish I knew what I know now about protecting a circumcised penis and maintaining its sensitivity as I get older.
Wht point did you prove, your own point to youself You are talking in riddles again
You said "odd way as will i thought every one stroked the shaft. Each to thier own i suppose. "

I said that at a young age nobody teaches you how to masturbate and that you learn on your own.

Do you agree or not?
I'm trying so hard to behave but you make it hard sounds like you are trying to pick a fight , still upset i think from last night, Get over it.

You said, Quote,  Again, for years I vigorously rubbed the head of the penis to reach ejaculation.

It is a odd way, one dosnt has to be rocket scentist to work that out. most just toss the bacon. nothin to do with being shown  by anyone, are you ok you sounding really odd.
"I'm trying so hard to behave but you make it hard sounds like you are trying to pick a fight , still upset i think from last night, Get over it. "

>>> I'm not even mad about anything. Just drop the subject.

Prolly best,  I dont like words being put in my mouth  gets me going and I'm trying to be more tolarate'  :)

okay. I don't feel like gets you going today. back to the topic
i tried last year to stop masturbation..after 3 weekk..i fell dizzy and got panic attackkk... at my workk.i just wanna know..that was it from becuse of masturbation..or sumthing elsee...im not scared of getting rid of masturbation..im just scared that wat if i tried 2 get rid of masturbation..is it gonna happan again or not....i dont knoww..plz help thanks
I honestly don't think your panic attack had anything to do with you not masturbating for 3 weeks. Maybe you were dehydrated or something, but don't use a panic attack as an excuse to keep masturbating.
musicster: "i tried last year to stop masturbation..after 3 weekk..i fell dizzy and got panic attackkk... at my workk.i just wanna know..that was it from becuse of masturbation..or sumthing elsee...im not scared of getting rid of masturbation..im just scared that wat if i tried 2 get rid of masturbation..is it gonna happan again or not....i dont knoww..plz help thanks"

The panic attack was lightly a result of a high level of stress caused from not masturbating.  Not masturbating doesn't cause stress directly, but masturbating is a natural stress reliever.  If you don't masturbate you will need to find alternative ways to relieve stress.  These can include jogging, lifting weights and meditating.  You need to let out that pent up energy naturally by doing things, that could be playing sports, music or any hobby that you like.  

Other ways to relieve stress can be socializing with friends, the opposite sex, these are natural stress relievers built in to your brain.  If you don't relieve stress and release energy in other ways, you are setting yourself up for failure and future panic attacks.
"The panic attack was lightly a result of a high level of stress caused from not masturbating.  Not masturbating doesn't cause stress directly, but masturbating is a natural stress reliever.  If you don't masturbate you will need to find alternative ways to relieve stress.  These can include jogging, lifting weights and meditating.  You need to let out that pent up energy naturally by doing things, that could be playing sports, music or any hobby that you like."  

I have never heard of this before. Anyway I just don't understand why we have all this pent up "energy". It sounds easy to just ignore the urges but it is impossible. Even if you don't watch porn there are all kinds of temptations to get someone to crack and go back to their old habits. There are beautiful women everywhere and as men it is impossible to not fantasize about that beautiful woman you had a chat with at school or at the library. I think it gets hardest to not masturbate after the 5th day. By then I am all hyper and jittery like a drank  10 cups of coffee. However, I never came close to having a panic attack, but I was very cranky.
Lonewolfof90: "I have never heard of this before. Anyway I just don't understand why we have all this pent up "energy". It sounds easy to just ignore the urges but it is impossible. Even if you don't watch porn there are all kinds of temptations to get someone to crack and go back to their old habits. There are beautiful women everywhere and as men it is impossible to not fantasize about that beautiful woman you had a chat with at school or at the library. I think it gets hardest to not masturbate after the 5th day. By then I am all hyper and jittery like a drank  10 cups of coffee. However, I never came close to having a panic attack, but I was very cranky."

Basically, when you masturbate every single day you deplete your body of a life force and sexual energy.  For males this is why masturbating daily can make most men lazy and unmotivated unless they exercise to reverse these effects.  Everyday we accumulate stress from other people, from things that we have to do and it is inevitable.  A lot of guys deal with this through masturbation that instantly evaporates stress, but it comes at a huge cost of energy.  This is why alternatives would need to be used such as meditating and exercising, socializing or having sex.

If you don't masturbate and you do nothing all day but sleep and watch tv, all this energy will build up and make you feel incredibly stressed and tense.  Everyday the energy will grow, but if it isn't controlled through meditation, it will only become negative energy.  If you meditate, it will be transferred into positive mental energy.  You will feel very sharp and feel superior to other human beings in this respect.  Then use the energy to make you perform better in your studies, your work, your hobbies in your relations with people.  If you let it build up and don't use it or control it, then it's useless energy that will stress you out.

Your body does adjust to not masturbating over time in terms of sexual tension.  If you masturbate once a week, your body will adjust, if you do it once a month, it will adjust to that schedule.  If you never masturbate, it will also adjust and calm down to a respectable level.  That's why if you masturbate every day, skipping just one day of masturbation will make you feel tense and jittery.  Having panic attacks can happen to some people who are prone to anxiety, if you're not, then it probably won't happen.

I'm curious lonewolfof90, when is the last time you masturbated or watched porn, have you been trying to go cold turkey for weeks now? Remember, that abstaining from porn should be your first priority, as that is a danger to your mental health.
LoL off course the temptations are there, God made beautiful creatures when he made women. I Get frustrated sometimes but masturbation doesn't make the frustration go away, it just comes back worse. I find I naturally attract the nicer type of women since I up tossing the bacon. The rewards are worth it. I have normal high and lows in my life however with the low's the edge seems to have been taken off them since I gave up tossing the bacon
No porn. But I have been on and off. I might go 5 days and give in from the frustration and then try to go again without masturbating for another couple days or so. So at the most I have been inconsistent with quitting the habit. I don't want to be hypocritical but it is frustrating and hard at some times. After 5 years it has become something that my body is used to like smoking.
"I Get frustrated sometimes but masturbation doesn't make the frustration go away, it just comes back worse."

You're right!
"No porn. But I have been on and off. I might go 5 days and give in from the frustration and then try to go again without masturbating for another couple days or so. So at the most I have been inconsistent with quitting the habit. I don't want to be hypocritical but it is frustrating and hard at some times. After 5 years it has become something that my body is used to like smoking."

When's the last time you watched porn by the way?  I haven't watched it in 6 and a half months and that's good that you aren't watching porn now.  I think you should make goals for yourself.  First aim for no masturbation without a week.  Then aim for no masturbation for 15 days and then finally aim for no masturbation for 30 days.  You need to set benchmarks for yourself or else you'll give in when the temptation becomes too strong.  Having a goal encourages you to ignore the temptation because you'll know you'll get your relief in the future.  

Then at this point think to yourself and decide if you want to do it once a week, once every 15 days, once a month to live a productive life or test yourself and go for 60 days and then 90 days and so on.  Once I went 30 days without masturbation, I decided once a week was right for me, it's been okay so far, as my body and mind are used to it, but I will eventually switch to once a month soon because once a week isn't enough energy and mental sharpness for me, but it is definitely a noticeable upgrade over once a day. The important thing is you are trying and never give up and go back to daily masturbation.

I'll be honest. If I wasn't periodically getting any sex right now, or not in a steady relationship, I would masturbate. Timing is everything!

I encourage yall to keep what you're doing (no masturbation and no porn) but what you are trying to achieve is the ultimate impossible. Your penis has to release some type of way. Going 4-6 months and not ejaculating period does nothing but build up unwanted tension, moodiness and probably more attitude. It's like a woman being on her period for just 5 days but you're doing it for 150 days. This is nonsense to me. I can understand why flexplan still messing with prostitutes. Its because he knows he can't go no several months without releasing sperm. Even women can't go years without sex. If they are, best believe they have a sex toy or something.

Since you're planning on not releasing sperm for the next 6 months to a year (because some of you waiting for a meaningful relationship), you're going to start going crazy!

Bottomline is this: Jerk off in moderation or get a female friend with benefits, or get a girl!
LOL Why would you send a comment to yourself?
LMAO... I didn't realize... I must had me on my mind.

I'M HAVING A BAD DAY! LMAO...

"When's the last time you watched porn by the way?  I haven't watched it in 6 and a half months and that's good that you aren't watching porn now."

I haven't watched porn since September. I had to quit because it was really ******* with my mind.
The images you see from porn seem to have a deeper impact than just regular masturbating with a fantasy. That stuff in porn sticks to your brain and after a while you don't see the world right.
My curiosities were getting to extreme and I decided to stop before I permanently scarred myself for life. I think it is the best decision I ever made because before I would feel embarrassed to be around other people knowing what "trash" I was watching on my computer.
millions go with out masterbating (masturbating) and  sex for ages. The ones that say people cant are the ones that have  masterbation (masturbation) ingrained. They normally started young.  I now find it a dirty disgusting habit.Its just a waste of a life.  Once a person starts they find it hard to stop.
(FA)The images you see from porn seem to have a deeper impact than just regular masturbating with a fantasy. That stuff in porn sticks to your brain and after a while you don't see the world right.

disagree I think we debated this before, Masterbation (masturbation) espially over masterbation (masturbation) causes all sorts of problems that i belive are a lot worse than watching porn. Not saying porn isnt bad
"The images you see from porn seem to have a deeper impact than just regular masturbating with a fantasy. That stuff in porn sticks to your brain and after a while you don't see the world right."

I've been trying to make this point for a while now, but the reason why watching porn while masturbating is so bad is because it over floods the brain with chemicals.  An unhealthy mix of chemicals give you an intense amount of pleasure for a short period of time.  If you do this once in a while, it's really no big deal, but overtime consistent usage will cause your limbic system to grow larger and your prefrontal cortex to shrink, basically you will obtain the brain of a drug addict.  You will be slowly damaging your brain over time.

Even though masturbation through fantasy makes you weak and causes some psychological and physical problems, they are minor in comparison to masturbation with porn.  However, watching porn without masturbation will not cause brain damage, it must be done in tandem.  Here are some links that prove my point, please hear me out and read these links with an open mind:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/345

http://hubpages.com/hub/Pornography-Addiction-is-a-Brain-Disease

You made a wise choice for quitting porn, I'm sure by now your brain is almost completely healed.  I found it took several months without porn until I felt my brain was completely back to normal.
"I've been trying to make this point for a while now, but the reason why watching porn while masturbating is so bad is because it over floods the brain with chemicals.  An unhealthy mix of chemicals give you an intense amount of pleasure for a short period of time.  If you do this once in a while, it's really no big deal, but overtime consistent usage will cause your limbic system to grow larger and your prefrontal cortex to shrink, basically you will obtain the brain of a drug addict.  You will be slowly damaging your brain over time. "

>>> In my opinion, I think watching porn while masturbation is bad because you're training your mind to give your penis a hard-on directly from your hand stimulation. This is why when you're with a woman and trying to have sex she can't get you fully hard just from kissing alone or even giving you oral sex. If she tries to stroke your penis, you may get more hard but probably not hard enough because she is not stroking it like you do. Masturbating to porn will also make you start ejaculating with a half-hard penis, basically masturbating when you weren't horny in the first place.

"You made a wise choice for quitting porn, I'm sure by now your brain is almost completely healed.  I found it took several months without porn until I felt my brain was completely back to normal. "

>>> This post is from Formal but I would like everyone input on this. I need to know how you were thinking before watching porn to watching porn then back to not watching porn. What are you experiecing that's different (the before and after effects). Some of you may say watching porn makes you look at women as sexual creatures walking but in my opinion I was thinking that way before I started watching porn. But what else did porn make you do? I don't see or feel a difference in my lifestyle with no porn vs. porn. Personally speaking, what porn did for me was show me how to lick vagina, where to stick it in, how to do this position and that position. It actually made me a better lover to women. I guess I just love women that much!
"I found it took several months without porn until I felt my brain was completely back to normal. "

>>> What is back to normal? This is what I'm trying to ask...
"(FA)The images you see from porn seem to have a deeper impact than just regular masturbating with a fantasy. That stuff in porn sticks to your brain and after a while you don't see the world right."

"disagree I think we debated this before, Masterbation (masturbation) (masturbation) espially over masterbation (masturbation) (masturbation) causes all sorts of problems that i belive are a lot worse than watching porn. Not saying porn isnt bad"

I didn't say the above message, loneofwolf90 did.
OH ok sorry, my mistake, its what i feel anyhow

Well after masturbating to porn for two years straight I had become very impulsive, my social skills went down the drain and rationally I wasn't the way I used to be.  It was only after months of abstaining from porn, did I feel my brain returned to the way it used to be.  I finally returned to a more disciplined state, my social skills improved to the point they were before I took up the habit and I began to look at life in a rational way like I used to before my porn habit.

Of course, after those two years of masturbating to porn I basically felt like I had erectile dysfunction which was disheartening considering my age.  I once paid a beautiful women to have a lap dance with me and I wouldn't get hard, which was incredibly disappointing.  It wasn't until I abstained from a few months from porn did I feel my penis finally became erect like it used to.  

Those were two years of degraded mental well being and sexual dysfunction that I wish I didn't have to go through if I knew about the dangers of masturbating to porn.
(Myron) This post is from Formal but I would like everyone input on this. I need to know how you were thinking before watching porn to watching porn then back to not watching porn. What are you experiecing that's different (the before and after effects). Some of you may say watching porn makes you look at women as sexual creatures walking but in my opinion I was thinking that way before I started watching porn. But what else did porn make you do? I don't see or feel a difference in my lifestyle with no porn vs. porn. Personally speaking, what porn did for me was show me how to lick vagina, where to stick it in, how to do this position and that position. It actually made me a better lover to women. I guess I just love women that much!

Of course a person will see women as sexual creatures and be turned on even without porn. The differece is its natural and real. porn teachs a person to treat women as sex objects in other words to have sex with out love. No real passion, Those things you talk about happen naturally with a person you care about or are taught by your partner. i used to think the longer i did it the bigger the stud i was , thats what porn  teaches male's. Porn misleads the male and makes them trip over themselves they get this silly idea that all women want is a big thingy in them , when in reality its all fake,even the porn stars are commenly misable.
"Of course, after those two years of masturbating to porn I basically felt like I had erectile dysfunction which was disheartening considering my age.  I once paid a beautiful women to have a lap dance with me and I wouldn't get hard, which was incredibly disappointing.  It wasn't until I abstained from a few months from porn did I feel my penis finally became erect like it used to.   "

>>>> This could be the porn or the fact you reduced masturbation or the combination of both. I still watch porn, no masturbate, and get constant erections from a lap dance at the strip club (I still go). So I would say it wasn't the porn, it was the reducing of self-pleasure.

>>> I also remember some time last year I wasn't watching any porn for months because I didn't discover any free internet porn yet and stop renting at the porn shop. But I did continue to masturbate from time to time. However, I don't recall seeing the world from a different perspective after no porn watching for a while. I still wanted sex and I still had the urge to ejaculate. I still talked to women as I did before and my game was still the same. The only thing that was different was my performance anxiety level was very low. Since I stop masturbating, my performance anxiety is still there (because my past haunts me) but I have much more confidence with women.  
"Of course a person will see women as sexual creatures and be turned on even without porn. The differece is its natural and real. porn teachs a person to treat women as sex objects in other words to have sex with out love. No real passion, "

>>> Doesn't this depend on the CHARACTER of a person? Before porn came into my life, I had no problem having sex without the love. If I have sex with a woman that I know this not going to lead to relationship, then my mind is set to have sex out of lust. I don't need porn to make me think that way. HOWEVER, if you are claiming that you didn't view women as sex objects before you started watching porn, then I can understand your point. But your point doesn't justify everyone. I was a manhoar before the porn. I think it has something to do with what you're exposed to in life. For me, I ended up growing up with manhoar type friends. Maybe that's why porn is just entertainment to me and does not effect me mentally whatsoever.
whats a manhoar, if u cant see how porn damages the brain i cant be brothered explaining it to you. You want to look at yourself, the more you see the more you want. i just gave a short example becouse i'm busy. its neevr ending you ay you only watch soft  i question this, as you say u watch all sorts of stuff. thats wot porn dose. its like a kid in a cndy store as you said youself. the more you get the more you want..why do you think you are getting only these so called one night stands. i can get one nite stands any time i want. but whats the point. may as will jsut pull ****** if thats your goal in life. That is what porn dose
I have no problem doing one nighters until I meet the special one. I love sex.
And I rather do that then go back to masturbation. Whe I was masturbating to porn or masturbating alone, I always felt lonely afterwards.
But I do see your point that porn can damage the mind. I just don't see how it damaged mine...
Myron_Long: ">>>> This could be the porn or the fact you reduced masturbation or the combination of both. I still watch porn, no masturbate, and get constant erections from a lap dance at the strip club (I still go). So I would say it wasn't the porn, it was the reducing of self-pleasure."

I found that after I simply quit watching porn, I still continued to masturbate every single day without any porn.  My brain slowly began to turn its normal rational self and my ability to get erections after a few months.  However, I'd like to make this very clear that this was after quitting porn with masturbation.  If I had been just watching porn without masturbation, then my cognitive health and sexual function wouldn't of been negatively affected.

However, the worst I think that could happen from just watching porn is you become desensitized to average looking clothed woman after seeing hot naked 10s **** every single day.  Another negative effect I imagine is you begin to look at sex as being merely a primal release as opposed to something you do to connect to a woman intimately and I think casper0_0 has mentioned this to you already.

Myron Long: ">>> I also remember some time last year I wasn't watching any porn for months because I didn't discover any free internet porn yet and stop renting at the porn shop. But I did continue to masturbate from time to time. However, I don't recall seeing the world from a different perspective after no porn watching for a while. I still wanted sex and I still had the urge to ejaculate. I still talked to women as I did before and my game was still the same. The only thing that was different was my performance anxiety level was very low. Since I stop masturbating, my performance anxiety is still there (because my past haunts me) but I have much more confidence with women."

This depends if you quit daily masturbation to porn after a long period of times (like 2 years in my case).  If you quite after a shorter amount of time such as months or you simply watched porn without masturbating, then of course the way you viewed women, functioned mentally and sexually wouldn't be drastically altered.  The only difference is you would be more attracted to average looking clothed women.
"However, the worst I think that could happen from just watching porn is you become desensitized to average looking clothed woman after seeing hot naked 10s **** every single day.  Another negative effect I imagine is you begin to look at sex as being merely a primal release as opposed to something you do to connect to a woman intimately and I think casper0_0 has mentioned this to you already. "

>>> I see your point. But porn can't be desensitizing my mind to not liking average looking clothed women vs. the hott women in porn because the last (3) women I was with were not hott chicks to me. They were average looking clothed women, some bigger in size, but they all had a cute face with pretty lips. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but if I do watch porn, it's amateur porn or porn like homemade porn (real couples making porn). This type of porn usually have average looking women doing porn. I don't really like professional porn (real models) but I do watch it from time to time. I understand with professional porn their motive is to put on a real good show for whoever is watching them. And its usually a show you can't imitate in the bedroom with a down to earth women.

If I think about it... If I was to stop watching porn for a month and if I didn't get any sex for a month, that would drive me back to masturbating because I would feel like I'm going nutts just laying in my bedroom at night, trying to sleep and steady have a woman on my mind.

I don't think I'm obsessed with porn, masturbation or sex... I think I'm obsessed with women. I love women so much that it makes me enjoy watching some porn.

YEP! That's my problem. So how do I stop lusting for women? Women are so beautiful to me. And their flesh feels so soft and warm, pretty lips, nice hips, soft tender breasts and smell so sweet.... How can you stop lusting for that???
wouldnt you rather have a women you can have sex with any time you want, porn and causal sex can stop this, You act like you some sort of stud getting causal sex. Any one can get laid any time. You say you are doing just to fill in the gap while you are single will it keeps peopLE single. you say porn hasnt caused you any probs. will as i said be.fore it bites you in the arse when u least expect it and most properly already has

Maybe you will get in a long term relationship with some bimbo,Who wants them. Each to thier own i suppouse
"wouldnt you rather have a women you can have sex with any time you want, porn and causal sex can stop this, You act like you some sort of stud getting causal sex."

>>>LOL, How did I come off like a stud? I don't think I'm a stud, far from it, but I am a good looking man.

Anyway, YES I rather have a woman I can have sex with anytime I want and I agree, porn and masturbation can stop this. However, if I have sex with a woman and me and her both know this is not going to lead to a relationship, we may have sex like 2-3 times and that's it! The average woman doesn't like having long periods of casual sex. They would move on to the next guy and do the same routine all over again. By them being this way, it forces me to meet a new woman and have sex with that new woman. Then if there's no connection there either, she moves on and I move on to a new woman again and then I have sex with that woman. This pattern forces me to look like I'm some stud when I'm not.
If I was getting steady sex from a beatiful woman I can call my own, I would have no reason or desire to watch porn. If I am in a relationship and enjoying passionate sex from my girl, there is no need to watch porn. I would rather lay in the bed and cuddle with my girl and concentrate on making her feel good. But if something was missing in our relationship sexually, I may resort to porn.

With that being said, I don't understand the happily sexually married men that watches porn.
You are very vain you must admit. Call yourself good looking and one other time you said you love your penis. DID you use to  masterbate in front of the mirror ?

You say you cant help lusting after women as you put it " I'm obsessed with women. I love women so much that it makes me enjoy watching some porn' Will if you are that obsessed with them and love them that much you cant convince me that you dont flob it out and toss it when you watch this porn. I cant see how a piece of martial will stop this. The only thing that would stop this would be a men's chastity belt if there is such a thing
You stay with jokes. Are you a comedian??? LOL

No I never masturbate in front of mirror. I like to call myself good lookng from time to time. I'm not conceited though.

I see your point with the porn watching but I really don't have no urge to stroke the penis. What's going on right now is that I am really loving my sex life. I think I mentioned this before. My sex life is much better than the past years and I believe by me not masturbating is what's causing me to enjoy sex more with women.
Myron Long: ">>> I see your point. But porn can't be desensitizing my mind to not liking average looking clothed women vs. the hott women in porn because the last (3) women I was with were not hott chicks to me. They were average looking clothed women, some bigger in size, but they all had a cute face with pretty lips. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but if I do watch porn, it's amateur porn or porn like homemade porn (real couples making porn). This type of porn usually have average looking women doing porn. I don't really like professional porn (real models) but I do watch it from time to time. I understand with professional porn their motive is to put on a real good show for whoever is watching them. And its usually a show you can't imitate in the bedroom with a down to earth women."

Yeah I can imagine homemade amateur isn't as bad  as watching hardcore professional porn.  However, if you watch it and it doesn't affect you negatively in any way then I can't see a reason not to.  However, in the other hand, what's the point is you are able to have sex with decent looking women anyways?

Myron_Long: "If I think about it... If I was to stop watching porn for a month and if I didn't get any sex for a month, that would drive me back to masturbating because I would feel like I'm going nutts just laying in my bedroom at night, trying to sleep and steady have a woman on my mind."

Well, it would probably make you masturbate at least once to relieve the sexual tension, however I don't see how you'd go back to daily masturbation unless you lack self discipline.  

Myron_Long: "I don't think I'm obsessed with porn, masturbation or sex... I think I'm obsessed with women. I love women so much that it makes me enjoy watching some porn."

Of course, every straight guy is obsessed with woman, it's in our nature.  This is why we are so susceptible to porn addiction, but that doesn't mean we should let it be.

Myron_Long: "YEP! That's my problem. So how do I stop lusting for women? Women are so beautiful to me. And their flesh feels so soft and warm, pretty lips, nice hips, soft tender breasts and smell so sweet.... How can you stop lusting for that???"

Obviously this is completely natural and normal and nothing is wrong with this.  That's not necessarily an excuse to watch porn, but it is a good excuse to have sex with women on occasion.  The good thing is you seem to have no problem going without sex for weeks at a time, which shows you are definitely not a sex addict unlike flexiplan who unfortunately can't control urges to pay a prostitute for sex.  Hopefully, he overcomes this dreaded addiction.
"Yeah I can imagine homemade amateur isn't as bad  as watching hardcore professional porn.  However, if you watch it and it doesn't affect you negatively in any way then I can't see a reason not to.  However, in the other hand, what's the point is you are able to have sex with decent looking women anyways? "

>>> I'm not understanding your question. "However, in the other hand, what's the point is you are able to have sex with decent looking women anyways? "

"Obviously this is completely natural and normal and nothing is wrong with this.  That's not necessarily an excuse to watch porn, but it is a good excuse to have sex with women on occasion.  The good thing is you seem to have no problem going without sex for weeks at a time, which shows you are definitely not a sex addict "

>>> You right, that's not an excuse. I think I end up watching porn because I have time on my hands once I get home from work. If I had someone to come home to, porn wouldn't be on my mind. And you're right, I can go a couple weeks without sex but that's not by choice, I prefer more often.

Myron_Long: ">>>I'm not understanding your question. "However, in the other hand, what's the point is you are able to have sex with decent looking women anyways?" "

My point was what is the point of watching amateur porn if you are able to have sex with decent looking women?

Myron_Long: ">>> You right, that's not an excuse. I think I end up watching porn because I have time on my hands once I get home from work. If I had someone to come home to, porn wouldn't be on my mind. And you're right, I can go a couple weeks without sex but that's not by choice, I prefer more often."

I think everyone has a vice, whether that be video games, porn, television, whatever...  Of course I'm talking about porn without masturbation, with masturbation it is a different story.  I think most guys would love to have sex everyday with beautiful women, but of course after a certain point this would have consequences in the similar ways masturbating to porn does.  The one time it is probably okay is if you are in a long term relationship with one woman.
I see your point with the porn watching but I really don't have no urge to stroke the penis. What's going on right now is that I am really loving my sex life. I think I mentioned this before. My sex life is much better than the past years and I believe by me not masturbating is what's causing me to enjoy sex more with women

i dont think you do see my point. Loving your sex life? So called causal sex once every two weeks.(I suppsoe this will change to more commenly after this post).Anyhow causal sex only once evey two weeks, it would only trigger most males to be more horney espially if they were watching porn they wouldnt be able to control the urge to flop it out. I can have causal sex any time i like but its just a trigger to masterbation (masturbation)
"Anyhow causal sex only once evey two weeks, it would only trigger most males to be more horney espially if they were watching porn they wouldnt be able to control the urge to flop it out. I can have causal sex any time i like but its just a trigger to masterbation (masturbation) "

>>>I see what you're saying but the key word in your above phrase is "most males". Doesn't mean all... I'm not in the most males category.

>>> I don't need sex every day. And I agree 2 weeks apart is quite some time to get horny again and stroke the penis in between. But I don't think you're reading me clearly. My before sex life with all the masturbation involved SUCKED! My current sex life without the masturbation is AMAZING! If I had to make a choice, I'm going with option B.

Also, I can recall in my past when I try to stop masturbating and I was in relationship at that time. I lasted for like 6 weeks and both my ex and I agree I was getting better erections on demand. She loved the fact I stop masturbating and that my penis started responding to her more. After those 6 weeks, I slipped up and went right back to masturbating (not knowing that was the issue). After that, me and my ex went right back to the same issues (me not getting up for sex). That was one of the issues that broke us up.

So here I am all over again practicing the no masturbation method and BOOYAH my erections are on point again for women. I come to the conclusion that no masturbation brings me a better sex life. So why on this world will I go back to the old me. If I do, pretty stupid on my behalf... This is why I have desire whatsoever to masturbate whether I look at porn or not!
" I think most guys would love to have sex everyday with beautiful women, but of course after a certain point this would have consequences in the similar ways masturbating to porn does. "

>>>What consequences? How are you relating this to masturbating with porn? Details...
So here I am all over again practicing the no masturbation method and BOOYAH my erections are on point again for women. I come to the conclusion that no masturbation brings me a better sex life. So why on this world will I go back to the old me. If I do, pretty stupid on my behalf... This is why I have NO desire whatsoever to masturbate whether I look at porn or not!
Myron_Long: "What consequences? How are you relating this to masturbating with porn? Details..."

I'm talking about sex addiction and in my opinion porn addiction and sex addiction are very similar.  Basically the consequences for sex addiction would be the same as drug addiction.
I see what you're saying but my ultimate goal is happiness with one woman that completely satisfy me emotionally, physically and spiritually. All this having sex with different women can stop once I find the right woman for me.
One point I want to make clear to everyone that you need to differentiate the effects of masturbation without porn, masturbating with porn and watching porn without masturbating.  Each causes different side effects of varying degrees.

To simplify it as best as I could from experiences in my own life, so basically this has happened to me personally and this is merely my own opinion, I'm not saying this is fact.  However I have found articles that have confirmed these experiences, you can draw your own conclusions.

Masturbation without porn: Overtime, you will become weak, lazy and tired.  You will lose the zeal for life and your skin will become pale and acne may develop.  Energy levels with be low and depression could occur.  Solution:  If you have the discipline and need incredible energies to get things done in your life, abstinence is the key.  However, for most people moderation is more reasonable considering the amount of stress and sexual tension that results from abstinence.

Masturbation with porn: The powerful combination of a highly sexual video with ejaculation will release large amounts of chemicals in your brain that will cause brain damage overtime.  This will cause your prefrontal cortex to shrink and the amygdala to grow.  This is the same thing that happens to drug addicts.  Overtime your social skills will decline, social anxiety will increase, your ability to think rationally will decline and your impulse control will be very low.  One will give the appearance of being hyper and immature to most people.  For these side effects to take place, the activity must be done frequently such as daily, if it is done on rare occasions, obviously these symptoms will not occur.  The ability to have erections will be decreased and will appear to have erectile dysfunction symptoms even if you are young of age.  Solution:  Complete abstinence for the rest of your life, this is the only way to ensure your brain will completely heal and function normally.

Watching porn without masturbating:  Watching porn might excite you and get you aroused with increased testosterone levels, but without masturbating it cannot cause much damage.  The worst that could happen from this is you get desensitized to average looking women and only get turned on by attractive 9s or 10s that you see in porn.  Instead of looking at sex as a way to have a meaningful intimate connection with a woman, it will make you take on the view that women are sex objects.
Myron_Long:"I see what you're saying but my ultimate goal is happiness with one woman that completely satisfy me emotionally, physically and spiritually. All this having sex with different women can stop once I find the right woman for me."

That's fine and you're pursuing it in a responsible manner of where you have sex every few weeks with different women.  If you were having sex every single day with different women, this might actually curtail your progress in the search for the right woman.
"That's fine and you're pursuing it in a responsible manner of where you have sex every few weeks with different women.  If you were having sex every single day with different women, this might actually curtail your progress in the search for the right woman."

>>> I agree with you on this because if I was lucky enough to get sex every day from different women, I might start asking to myself "What's the purpose of settling down"
i am a boy and i used to masturbate everyday. i also watched porn. then i saw on a site...that too much masturbating is harmful. that causes thinning of hair etc. i masturbated once a day. and it's true. my hair is breaking. i don't know what's the reason. it could be my hair gel. but i'm afraid. so i stopped masturbating and watching porn. but now i get horny sometimes and i want to masturbate so badly. what should i do? i also want to do what's best for my studies.
"I see what you're saying but my ultimate goal is happiness with one woman that completely satisfy me emotionally, physically and spiritually. All this having sex with different women can stop once I find the right woman for me."

I am not attacking you in any way but I am somewhat confused. You said that you want to find the woman that satisfies you emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Well I don't think that having sex with different females will satisfy your ultimate goal. In my opinion there are 2 types of women. One night stand types or the "friends with benefits" type women and the long term good girl type women. It seems that your are dating the "friends with benefits" type and they are never the type to consider in choosing a life long partner. They are good for flings and fun every once in a while but don't make good girlfriends because of their desire for different men. They are the equivalent to you and your desire for different women.

"If I have sex with a woman and me and her both know this is not going to lead to a relationship, we may have sex like 2-3 times and that's it! The average woman doesn't like having long periods of casual sex. They would move on to the next guy and do the same routine all over again. By them being this way, it forces me to meet a new woman and have sex with that new woman. Then if there's no connection there either, she moves on and I move on to a new woman again and then I have sex with that woman."

This can be true about some women, but not all. It may be that you are attracted to women that have your same passion for sex and that is why you have not found that special girl yet.  If you don't care right now about settling down and starting a family than that is okay. You're 33 so you still have some time. But when you get tired of fooling around and want a genuine girlfriend that will love you than I strongly suggest you find a good girl type woman with strong values and a since of self respect for her body. These women are the hardest to find but they are keepers and one man type women. They won't give it up that easy, but I think a girl who is like that is more sexy in a way because you have to earn it as opposed to some bar chick that will give it up to a tree LOL. But Myron, I hope that you do find that girl and I wish you the best!
"i am a boy and i used to masturbate everyday. i also watched porn. then i saw on a site...that too much masturbating is harmful. that causes thinning of hair etc. i masturbated once a day. and it's true. my hair is breaking. i don't know what's the reason. it could be my hair gel. but i'm afraid. so i stopped masturbating and watching porn. but now i get horny sometimes and i want to masturbate so badly. what should i do? i also want to do what's best for my studies."

Well I have heard from many people that masturbating depletes your body of valuable proteins and in your case it is hair. Hair has many natural proteins to help it grow strong and shiny but by you masturbating in an excessive manner you have depleted your hair of these proteins making it weak and subject to breakage.
(FA) knows a lot about this stuff and I am certain he could give you some advice. My advice to you is to tone down on the masturbation and concentrate on your studies. When you feel horny go to the library and sit and do your work. This should help to keep you more focused. I am still struggling myself so I know how you feel man.
"I am not attacking you in any way but I am somewhat confused. You said that you want to find the woman that satisfies you emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Well I don't think that having sex with different females will satisfy your ultimate goal. In my opinion there are 2 types of women. One night stand types or the "friends with benefits" type women and the long term good girl type women. It seems that your are dating the "friends with benefits" type and they are never the type to consider in choosing a life long partner. They are good for flings and fun every once in a while but don't make good girlfriends because of their desire for different men. They are the equivalent to you and your desire for different women.
"

>>>> I am just having fun along my journey. When I meet a woman that rubs off that vibe that she gots to be the one for me, I'll re-arrange my focus to her and stop all ther other nonsense.
its been now 2 weeks since i last rubbed my penis.looks like i have finally controlled this last demon.the feeling is great and the benefits are even greater.now i dont feel weak or have blurry vision that i had when i used to masterbate.my thinking process is now a little faster.but a minor problem is that i still cant control lust and have bad thoughts.and from my early teens even before when i started masterbating (masturbating) i had lust.i may not completely eliminate lust but thats how it is.a person cant control every bad habits.and preventing impure thoughts and lusting is very difficult but not impossible.but i make sure that after lusting i dont masterbate.now i think only those extremely religious persons prevent lust otherwise in this modern era lust is almost like a routine of daily life.i try to prevent it to my best but it has enourmous attraction.if anyone have an idea to completely eliminate lust i'd like to hear it.....
In my opinion:

It's very hard to control your thoughts but more easy to control your actions.
guy0218: "i am a boy and i used to masturbate everyday. i also watched porn. then i saw on a site...that too much masturbating is harmful. that causes thinning of hair etc. i masturbated once a day. and it's true. my hair is breaking. i don't know what's the reason. it could be my hair gel. but i'm afraid. so i stopped masturbating and watching porn. but now i get horny sometimes and i want to masturbate so badly. what should i do? i also want to do what's best for my studies."

Hey guy0218, you came to the right place.  I recommend you read some of my earlier posts, the ones I made just before you posted you should read.  I explain the differences between masturbation with porn, masturbation without porn and watching porn without masturbation, maybe it can help you on what to do.
In my opinion: I don't think masturbation in any kind of way cause thinning of the hair or acne.
"In my opinion: I don't think masturbation in any kind of way cause thinning of the hair or acne."

It depends on the person I think, everyone is different.  Masturbation didn't cause my hair to thin, but it did seem to worsen acne, however when I stopped masturbating, my acne didn't suddenly go away, I had to use creams for that.  I think it might cause someone to develop acne, while another person remains clear skinned, and it might cause someone's hair to thin, while another person's hair remains as thick as ever.

****, I slipped up fellas.
Confession time....
It wasn't the porn but I met a woman on one of the chat sites and we had a private cam2cam chat.

She was superfine and definitely had me curious about her sexy ways. Needless to say we got the showing each other body parts and we ended up doing mutual masturbation.

I don't feel so bad because it's not to porn. At least I was interracting with someone real. If we were near each other, it probably would've been real sex.

So today I'm officially starting over again 12/11/10, no masturbation and I'm avoiding live webcam chats. Apparently that makes me masturbate rather than watching porn.

See, I have nothing to hide!
I figure I tell how I feel now...

I feel funny.
I feel like I satisfied myself.
I feel like I don't wanna be bothered right now.
I feel hungry.
I feel somewhat bad.
I feel like how I use to feel when I did masturbate. I've come to the conclusion I don't like how I feel period after masturbation. However, after I ejaculate from real sex, I feel great afterwards.

It's funny how both makes you ejaculate and produces a different feeling afterwards.
Myron_Long:

"****, I slipped up fellas.
Confession time....

See, I have nothing to hide!"

No worries Myron, you're only human, just start over again with a fresh slate, how long did you last so far without masturbation?  Was it several months?  If so that's a pretty good accomplishment, pat yourself on the back and try to longer than the time you lasted now.  Yeah definitely stay away from web chat as that is a trigger for masturbation.  At least you didn't masturbate to porn as that would of been a pretty bad thing to relapse on.  

Myron_Long:  "I figure I tell how I feel now...

I feel funny.
I feel like I satisfied myself.
I feel hungry.
I feel somewhat bad.

It's funny how both makes you ejaculate and produces a different feeling afterwards."

That's normal, that feeling goes away after a day or so though, so no worries. I will not lie, I have on the rare occasion masturbated twice a week instead of once a week because of cyber sex, I feel like pretty much the way you did right there, but I get over it after a few days and I was I didn't masturbate to porn, which would of been much worse.  Obviously there are triggers to avoid, and it doesn't take much effort or self discipline to avoid them if you are serious.  Just letting you know, you're not alone at fighting this.
Thanks Former. I guess it was cybersex I had too. I never knew the name for what I did.

But anyway, it was almost 3 months if I lasted to Friday. This wouldn't had happen if I didn't let the situation get outta control but I felt obligated to masturbate. She was enjoying watching me as I watch her and I knew this what she wanted to see in the end, so I did it.

However, that was 3 hours ago and my mind still feels cloudy from the incident. I think that was my problem during masturbation all those times. I could never get my mind to focus right on real sex opportunities because I felt so cloudy in the mind, so not focused.
Myron_Long: "Thanks Former. I guess it was cybersex I had too. I never knew the name for what I did."

Your welcome Myron.  Yes in a way it was or it can be seen as webcam sex, since cyber sex is mainly text.

Myron_Long: "But anyway, it was almost 3 months if I lasted to Friday. This wouldn't had happen if I didn't let the situation get outta control but I felt obligated to masturbate. She was enjoying watching me as I watch her and I knew this what she wanted to see in the end, so I did it."

3 months is pretty good, it's pretty hard to refrain yourself from that situation.  The only thing you could of done was close the web cam, but then you would of masturbated from frustration or have blue balls if you tried to ignore.  Now try to aim for finishing the complete 3 months without masturbation and if you can go further then keep pushing yourself.  Just make sure you stay away from using your web cam to see a girl naked or having dirty sex chat because preventive measures is the key to stop masturbation.  I guess you'd have to avoid phone sex as well to prevent masturbation.

Myron_Long: "However, that was 3 hours ago and my mind still feels cloudy from the incident. I think that was my problem during masturbation all those times. I could never get my mind to focus right on real sex opportunities because I felt so cloudy in the mind, so not focused."

Don't worry, you'll feel normal by tomorrow if you don't masturbate again, the cloudiness and laziness only lasts a day from my experience.  After a week without masturbation again you'll have plenty of energy and testosterone to flow again.  
I know how it feels. When you give in to the temptation if feels so good, but then you realize the mistake and you have to start all over again. A penis is a gift and a curse!
"since cyber sex is mainly text. "
>>>How are you masturbating to cybersex if its only text? LOL... Man you have a vivid imagination. I guess that's like reading a sex story.

"3 months is pretty good, it's pretty hard to refrain yourself from that situation.  The only thing you could of done was close the web cam, but then you would of masturbated from frustration or have blue balls if you tried to ignore.  Now try to aim for finishing the complete 3 months without masturbation and if you can go further then keep pushing yourself. "

>>>You right! Once I started touching myself there was no turning back. I'm definitely going to complete the 3 months. I put my manhood back on. Of course, I took it off just to let the woman see my penis, LOL. I don't have to worry about porn talking to me...

"Don't worry, you'll feel normal by tomorrow if you don't masturbate again, the cloudiness and laziness only lasts a day from my experience.  After a week without masturbation again you'll have plenty of energy and testosterone to flow again.   "

>>>You see how you say a day to feel normal again. So this explains why my mind never gain focus so soon because I was masturbating back to back days and sometimes within hours. There is a certain chemical in our brain (don't know the name) that needs to restore after we masturbate.
Well needless to say, we can both agree that masturbation ejuculating and real sex ejaculating does not produce the same type energy afterwards.
Myron_Long: "Well needless to say, we can both agree that masturbation ejuculating and real sex ejaculating does not produce the same type energy afterwards."

Yes I have heard that when you masturbate or have sex, bonding chemicals are released, the problem is when you masturbate there is noone to bond to so you end up feeling blah.  However when you have sex with someone, you have someone to bond to and end up having a happy satisfied feeling.
I agree to that. Also, after ejaculating from real sex, you feel like you accomplished something so therefore it makes you feel satisfied and excited.

With masturbation, there's no accomplishment type of feeling.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am making it a resolution to start 2011 off right with no masturbation and to accomplish goals that I have set for myself. A fresh new year gives everyone a chance to start over and forget all the past mistakes we made in 2010. All the best to you all!
Wow! Nice to hear ur story, it gives me some sort of strenght to stop jerking off. U know what? I had just finish masturbating after some hentai comic and videos. God damn it! I'm now tryin to promise mysef not to go back to it again! I lived off masturbation for one month and went back to it the next month.
I know i have the strenght to stop but i just cant afford to let that sperm off when i see erotics and girls.
Wel, i tink i av made a point,maybe a promise That Dis Wil Be My Last Masturbation Ever! For goodness sake, dat thing is destructive!
today is my 100th day of not masturbationg/not watching porn..
I don't know if I will ever masturbate again but I will not watch porn ever again
I'm done with that **** for good..
I feel better, stronger and more energized than ever before
My sex drive is peaking but in a strange way is a lot more controllable
I can look at hot girls in the street and actually NOT think about boning them If I chose not too, on the other hand if I  let myself get turned on I can get a full erection in a matter of seconds and my penis seems to be made out of titanium
I don't get involuntary erections during the day anymore
I don't get unexplainable urges to think about sex while sitting on a bus, or while i'm studying or while doing anything
my sex obsessed friends seem to me as a bunch of dumb addicts now

thats good to hear.
Hey everyone!  It seems like this thread has died for the most part.  I just wanted to update on my progress so far.  You all know I've been aiming for the once a week habit, which I did for several months.  It was an okay experience, but I felt like the real benefits from not masturbating didn't start to show up until the week was over and then of course I masturbated restarting the cycle again.

In New Year's eve I got drunk and against my better judgment ended up relapsing on porn that same night.  I then had to go through an annoying withdrawal process of depression and insomnia which lasted about two weeks and I masturbated daily without porn for the most part.  Well, I'm back to normal again now and I plan to challenge myself once again.  

I will starting tomorrow not masturbate for exactly 3 months straight, if I have a wet dream it would not matter and not count as this is beyond my control.  I want to test my limits and I will be meditating twice a day to relieve stress and control the sexual tension.  I'll also use exercise as well to assist me in the process.  Then once the 3 months are up, I will switch to once a month of masturbation, which should be enough to keep me energized for the rest of my life.  
do not do it that much 1 or3 times a week if you do it daily after 2 years youll have the followinG =   youll leak semen when ever you think of a girl , loss of memory you will want to be alone alot ways to prevent it are take your porn stuff like computers and move in to an open room and your gf or wife might leave since your not good enough...trust me after a while its an obsession and becomes a daily routine.
I've been slipping a lot lately.  It is starting to get quite annoying.  I need to get back onto the discipline.  Masturbation is not for me.  

I was planning to be over this **** by now but here I am still choking the ******* chicken.

I don't know why I allowed myself to do it this morning.  It is stupid.  No more!
If you're not getting any real sex, it's okay to masturbate once in a while, like once every  2 weeks. No harm in that. Just do it in moderation man...
I agree with Myron_Long, don't feel guilty about masturbating especially if it isn't often.  Don't ever tell yourself, I'll never masturbate from this point on for the rest of my life.  You will basically be setting yourself up for failure.  First set yourself up for a challenge, basically the longest you can go test.  Say the longest you went in your life without masturbating was 1 month.  Then try going 2 or 3 months without masturbating.

Once you reach that goal, then you can choose a schedule.  It may be a week, but if that isn't enough, then do once every two weeks or once every month.  In the end it's about doing what works best for your body and I'm sure there are some men that can go without masturbating for a year, but they are rare.  It's better for you to make a goal and set it and stick to it then try to quit masturbating for good in my opinion.
Also, make sure when you do masturbate, you are really horny and not just masturbating because you bored or just like the feeling. A way to tell if you're not really horny while masturbating is reaching ejaculation with a half-hard penis. Of course, with real sex you can't do that, you need a rock hard penis.

So bottomline, don't force masturbation.
Heh, funny you mention that because the last time I masturbated I did kind of force it.  

I was so upset with myself last time because not long before I had re-commited myself to abstaining from masturbation after a period of being relaxed about it seeing and as I was making some "headway" in overcoming my addiction to prostitutes.  Basically, I had got quite a lengthy period of abstinence from masturbation before my "loosened grip" and then when I wanted to have that abstinence again I couldn't even make it past a few days.

Anyway, I don't want masturbation to be a part of my "personality matrix".  The habit isn't that bad when you think about it but every time I participate in it, it doesn't really feel quite right.  It's more or less imaginary sex in a way or having sex with oneself.  And the fact of the matter is I'd rather be holding out to get the real thing (even if it is with a hooker) as wanking isn't even half as good as sex.    

Another point is that masturbation temporarily effects my self-confidence in a way.  Sure, the day after I wank I pretty much forget about it but a constant and continous stream of clean day after clean day it can only mean a sort of "steady" self-confidence.

The same can be said with my hooker habit too because each time I 'indulge' a tiny bit of self-confidence is chisled off my 'make-up'.  The fact that seeing prostitutes is a) a sign of an inability to develop real interludes with women and b) is a robotic "hand over cash and your're doing it" type-of-thing doesn't leave me with much of a sense of satisfaction.  Whereas if I maintain a constant and continous stream of days with no payment for hooker services my self-confidence will stay steady.  Even if I make no or very little progress with the ladies whilst abstaining at least I will be "holding on". After a continous day after day, week after week of feeling like a loser the fact that I am not giving into the actions of "realized loser" will mean I will have to evenually grow.

Having said all this, I can't leave without mentioning porn.  As much as I hate to admit it, watching porn is probably a "loser" action for me in addition to my other indulgences.  It is also most likely the fuel of my addiction to sex and what keeps me in the habit of having to have it timeously "now" rather than waiting to have it when the opportunity presents itself.  

Although I don't feel bad about watching porn and quite enjoy it at times  - it is better than what they show on regular TV! -  it is conducive to keeping sex in my head, which in turn contributes to my whole obsession and compulsiveness toward sex.

So now I'm going to try to keep all three activities (masturbation, utilizing the services of prostitutesand watching porn) out of my personality matrix, for a good long while at least.  Hopefully the constant day after day after day of abstinence of the three will ensure that I make progress in some way.
good luck in that because you're going to need it!
I haven't been on here for a while. I still struggle and it's still on and off, but one thing has changed, of course I still feel guilty, but I've seem to take it lighter, as in, I don't really beat myself up anymore, but I still always ask the Lord for forgiveness and for his strength. Yet I'm not even sure if I'm getting better or worse with fighting my struggles, it seems to be the same as from when I posted on here in the past. Not really sure what to do, but I did find something that helps me sometimes, and that is listening to a CD called "Zen and the Art of Relaxation" and meditating on my bed at the same time, that works, but it's like sometimes when I really crave pornography, my mind seems to tell me that I don't want to meditate, and I'm not sure what to do about this. Any ideas? Please help.
try getting a girlfriend or female companion, someone that can occupy a lot of your spare time.
I'm dating a girl right now, but we don't always have the time to hang out, plus, it's usually at night time when I'm looking at porn.

I proudly didn't watch porn this morning after being really tempted because I had a wet dream. It was really tempting, but I prayed for strength and got away from it. I thought I just let everybody know.
if you like porn so much, try watching it without stroking your penis to it. That's what I do. If you keep it up, it will become a habit and then you will find it normal within the mind to watch pornorgraphy without masturbation.
I'd like to add that I think that watching porn without masturbation route only works for some guys.  It's not going to work on a guy that rarely gets laid and doesn't have a girlfriend.  However, it may work wonders for a guy that has a girlfriend or can get laid frequently.

A better route for a guy that has trouble getting laid is to make a schedule of masturbation without porn of once every two weeks, once a month or once every two months depending on their sex drive.
Well, it's been over a month now without watching porn and I feel a lot better now, but I have this masturbation problem to deal with still.  I initially said I will abstain for three months and then switch to once a month, but my new plan is to abstain for two months and I plan to do this soon.  Then I will switch to once a month as I feel if I can abstain for double the length of a month then having a schedule of once a month for the rest of my life wouldn't seem so bad in comparison.
Dude, are you kidding me??? I feel more guilty watching porn then from masturbation. ANd I don't like porn, I HATE it, I'm just addicted to it, it's like my worst enemy that I have a hard time getting away from. For example, a bully in grade school, you don't like him at all, but where ever you go to try to get away from you, sometimes he still finds you and beats you up, and if you have a hard time defending yourself, you are going to get hurt. Porn is the bully to me, and sometimes I'm so weak that I have a hard time escaping, and the only way to get away is by seeking help from a adult (God).
If you don't like porn, why do you watch it? I'm trying to think of something right now that I truly hate but keep doing it...
It's called an addiction mixed with me being a man and very attracted to the woman's body. It's just like people you smoke (I don't), most of them try like a million times to quit smoking, but they have a hard time with it and hate that they just need that one smoke or they won't feel good and uncomfortable. Think of it as a annoying bell that keeps ringing, and you can't turn it off until you have done what you're addicted to (if it's porn, tobacco, alcohol, etc), and this bell is just so loud that you just want to turn it off. Or another example, an itch, and it will continue itching until you scratch, and even sometimes the itch is getting worse and worse the longer you wait, making you want to scratch it more and more. I'm the same way with porn, porn is like an itch to me, the more I try to avoid it, the more itchy it gets.
Dude, you are awesome, I totally agree with the things you are saying. Porn is an enemy, and we (the ones that are addicted) have to keep fighting and never give up, no matter how many battles are lost.
"ANd I don't like porn, I HATE it, I'm just addicted to it, it's like my worst enemy that I have a hard time getting away from."

Hmm, I think you may be deluding yourself a bit here here.  The truth is that somewhere inside yourself you probably like porn.  And it's the moments before-hand and during watching porn that this part of yourself comes out.  I wouldn't say it's a lower part of yourself as opposed to a more higher spiritual part of yourself though.  I myself have learnt to do away with those kind of labels because they're not helpful.  But it is definitely a part of YOU that you're allowing to exist because of you.

My suggestion that may help would be to stop the kind of 'charade' that takes place after partaking in watching porn.  And what is the charade?  It is you feeling really guilty and bad for what you just did even though during and before hand you were 'enjoying' yourself.

What you do, and what I've done myself many many times after masturbating and visiting hookers, is wash your hands of the act and think 'why the Hell did I do that?  What made me so possessed as to do that?', when in actual fact it was the real you who did that.  You feel an awful sense of guilt so you can feel like you are on some superior moral ground and the act you just partook in didn't comform to that. And so you re-affirm your commitment to never participate again but eventually the 'real' you comes through again and so you give in and so forth in an endless cycle.  Perhaps the most shocking thing to realize is that maybe it's the guilt you feel that keeps you in your addiction.

So, with this in mind I suggest you try to get rid of some of your guilt and excess 'baggage'.  Don't try to build your feelings toward your indulgences into a fight that must be fought to the bitter end.  Instead recognize you have an issue where you occasionally watch porn but would prefer not to do so and work with it from that way.

You can view an activity as somewhat pleasant without participating in it if you really don't want to.  I myself like casual sex and porn and all that stuff but so far I've easily got around nine days without partaking in any of my three 'sins' and plan to do so until I move forward somehow.  Using hookers alone doesn't exactly fill me with much of a sense of satisfaction.    
I agree with flexiplan. Somewhere inside you,  you love watching porn. I think you HATE the fact you have no self-control over the mattter.
Well, I just thought I'd give a little update on my situation.

So far, I haven't indulged in any of my three 'sins' for around eighteen days.  Surprisingly it hasn't been too much of a struggle to get to this point.  Saturday's have been a bit dangerous with the temptation to go a brothel quite strong on those days.

Speaking of Saturdays, last Saturday I allowed myself to indulge in the old habit of browsing through porno DVDs at an adult shop.  I figured I could get some DVDs to watch once I'm done with this process.  But after a while of trying to decide what to get I finally decided to not get anything.  It's funny because as I was browsing the thoughts of going to a brothel were quite prominent.  (i.e. screw this, let's just spend it up at a brothel).

I'm not sure how long I can last with this abstinence.  I will just have to go for as long as it takes I suppose.  Hopefully I will have sex with a lass who is not a prostitute soon.

you could withhokd your horses for 18 days. It is a good sign. there are few trics/techniques which can help to douse the urge and probably convert to a positive energy.
Kundalini yoga is all about things below the berlt. If you do some of the exercises, you may be able to control the urge, cotrol the ejeculation  and enjoy the intercourse for a long time. Satkriy is the word you may search. kegel exercise is another word and kundalini yoga is the third word which gives all aspects of converting sexual urge transformation.
I think you may start with www.anmolmehta.com .It is a very wide website. you may have to click lot of links to learn.Sex is an estoric subject if you are serious in learning to self improve.
Flexiplan just make a goal for yourself and stick for it.  I think one month without any of your sinful habits is a good goal.  Then think back when did you feel at your best overall? Was it after one week, two weeks, three weeks or one month?  If it was after two weeks for example, then masturbating once every two weeks wouldn't be a big deal.
Well, I plan on testing myself once again.  I will go two months without masturbating to test my limits starting tomorrow.  Then once the two months are up, I will look back and find out after how many days I felt my best and that would be my schedule for the rest of my life.  I still haven't watched porn for a month and a half and don't plan to ever again.

I remember last time I went without a month and it was after two weeks I felt my best or at my "peak", but may it will be different this time.  I think the best way to find your "peak" is to test yourself for a long period of time.  Your "peak" is the ideal time to masturbate, doing it too early you will not achieve the best results from abstinence and doing it too late you will lose the benefits from abstinence as your body adjusts, balance is the key.

Everyone has a different "peak" depending on their age and how their sex drive is, so everyone should just find out what their peak is rather than listening to what other people say.
"Flexiplan just make a goal for yourself and stick for it.  I think one month without any of your sinful habits is a good goal."

Meh, it may be impressive but that's not what I'm after.  I'm just so thoroughly sick and tired of my sexual habits without making any progress getting it unpaid that I'm giving this a shot.  My goal is to abstain until I get somewhere concrete (i.e. get a girlfriend for basically the first time or have sex without paying for it for the first time).

I have tried this specific strategy once before and got around three clean weeks (which is what I've got around now) before giving in.  My mistake then, I think, was that I had the view that as long as I put in enough work instantly I'd get laid straight away.  Basically, I wanted to hurry up and get laid for free so I can start paying for sex again.  

This time around I'm willing to be a whole lot more patient.  This time I'm hoping that the constant and continuous abstinence will mean my self-confidence will grow and I will be able to pick up chicks more easily.  

Another difference from last time is that I wasn't abstaining from porn (which is the fuel that drives my sexual desire).  I can't remember if I wanked or not.    

To sum up, I will not be happy with myself if I get one clean month and just give in.  If I do that I will just feel crap again and go back to square one.  Same as if I get two clean months.  The plan at the moment is to go for as long as it takes.

"you could withhokd your horses for 18 days. It is a good sign. there are few trics/techniques which can help to douse the urge and probably convert to a positive energy."

Heh, I think I'll be right without that stuff.  Things like raisining the Kundlini and things like that are not priorities in my life at the moment.  And I usually last long enough in bed thank you very much (although sometimes it is quite hard work holding back the floods!).

Heh, I think I'll be right without that stuff thanks.  Things like raisining the Kundlini and things like that are not priorities in my life at the moment.  And I usually last long enough in bed thank you very much (although sometimes it is quite hard work holding back the floods!).
That's fine flexiplan, you'll probably end up having wet dreams anyways around once a month.  Just don't feel guilty when you give in because you will eventually, you're only human.  I still think it's better to test yourself for a goal like go for 1 month, then 2 months, then 3 months etc...  

However if you think going for as long as possible works for you then do it.  Just don't feel guilty about masturbation without porn as it's fine as long as you do it on the rare occasion, but definitely feel guilty from masturbation with porn or paying to have sex with a hooker as that's always bad for your recovery even if you do it rarely.
"That's fine flexiplan, you'll probably end up having wet dreams anyways around once a month."

Heh, I already had one a few days ago.  Didn't even realize until I got up and noticed my pajama pants had an "emission stain" on them.

"Just don't feel guilty when you give in because you will eventually, you're only human.  I still think it's better to test yourself for a goal like go for 1 month, then 2 months, then 3 months etc..."

Former_Addict, as I said before, I'm not trying to see how long I can abstain for.  Rather, I'm abstaining indefinitely until I get a girlfriend.

"Just don't feel guilty about masturbation without porn as it's fine as long as you do it on the rare occasion, but definitely feel guilty from masturbation with porn or paying to have sex with a hooker as that's always bad for your recovery even if you do it rarely."

I suppose.  But still I don't want to go on a "lesser of two evils" path so this is mostly irrelevant.

----

For another little update, I sort of failed today.  I went to a brothel.  Fortuantely I didn't book but still I went which means I was on the cusp of giving in completely.  Yes, it is a Saturday.

Another thing is that I was effectively watching porn last night because I went to a strip club.  It wasn't too bad though because going there to "watch" wasn't my primary objective.  Fortuantely, I socialized with people there and even talked to a chick who was sitting near me with her friends (which is a sign that this abstinence business may be helping).
"For another little update, I sort of failed today.  I went to a brothel.  Fortuantely I didn't book but still I went which means I was on the cusp of giving in completely.  Yes, it is a Saturday."

I wouldn't call this failing because you didn't actually have sex.  It's like getting ready to masturbate and then before you start you stop yourself, so I wouldn't count that as failing.  Just look at it as a minor setback and keep on abstaining.

"Another thing is that I was effectively watching porn last night because I went to a strip club.  It wasn't too bad though because going there to "watch" wasn't my primary objective.  Fortuantely, I socialized with people there and even talked to a chick who was sitting near me with her friends (which is a sign that this abstinence business may be helping)."

Yeah this is not like watching porn, because you weren't watching people have sex, you were just watching naked women strip and of course it isn't as bad as Myron_Long would say because you didn't masturbate in the strip club.  Of course you couldn't, but if you went home and masturbated then yes you can look at it as failing.
Hi Guys,

I'm a young professional and my woman and I live in different provinces,we've been doing this long-distance thing for quite some time but I watch porn coz I don't get laid often but I can't get things done coz of the fatigue that comes after wanking and I now wish my woman to have a big *** to fit into my fantasies.I want to leave it and live a healthy lifestyle and achieve what I set out to achieve in my life,love and career.Please help.What do I do?
Well, I haven't been on here for a while talking about masturbation stuff. But I'll admit, I have been masturbating lately, like every 2 days I skip and on the 3rd day I'll masturbate. I'm at that point in life right now where I just don't care. If I want to bust a nutt, I will do it. But I'll make sure it is only once that day. I cancelled all my side pieces, don't have any excitement for them anymore. I want me a steady girl, someone beautiful I can call my own and look forward to marriage. By me not having any girls in my life right now force me back to relieving my sexual urges the other way "masturbation".

I never masturbate with the mind. Even though I can do it, I find that boring. I'll start off looking at some porn just to get hyped up and then I'll visit a website where I can interact with live females on webcams and possibly have webcam sex. But I won't masturbate to porn because there is no interraction.

One thing I have downpact now is masturbating with a condom on but I'll cut off the tip so I can ejaculate like normal. The reason I use the condom is because I believe I'm too rough with my penis during masturbation + I stroke it too well (without the condom). A woman cannot duplicate my way of masturbation so if she does it most likely I'm not into it. However, using the condom (with additional lubrication) removes that need to compare a woman to stroking my penis just as I do (because it feels totally different).

Also, after I masturbate, I don't feel depressed or mad I did it, probably because I'm not trying to fight it. (unless I go against my plan by doing it once a day instead of every 3 days).

I'm just wondering now what is going to happen the next time I get with a girl. Is this masturbation going to play a part or will things be normal (great sex

I did go to the strip club last night and had a few dances. I did get an erection and it did feel good to squeeze on some soft boobs. I guess I can continue to live this lifestyle until I get a steady girlfriend. Once I get a g/f, I will probably significantly reduce the masturbation and going to strip clubs.
Just stay strong, I too am battling pornography. Just keep fighting. If you haven't yet, read some of the discussions of the past on this post, hopefully that will help.

Update for everybody: I'm doing a lot better. I'm watching a lot less porn.
Here we go again, people going to two different extremes :P.  Whatever happened to balance?

I think what flexiplan is trying to do of quitting masturbation for good is a little extreme only for the fact that it could result in a reduced sex drive in the long term and usually this is after a month, but could be less or more depending on the person.  You may not notice it now, but it's only matter of time until you find your sex drive and energy drop as your body adjusts to the abstinence of masturbation.

As for Myron_Long, good thing casper isn't here lol, because he'd be flaming you and calling you an addict because you've decided to masturbate every three days.  I wouldn't say he was wrong either mainly because you need to use porn and webcam sex to create that sexual excitement, which isn't good.  I know you are capable of doing better than this Myron, you managed to go without sex for two weeks at a time, so I'm pretty sure you can go without masturbation for at least two weeks.

I'm still going on with my experiment by the way and almost a week without mbing and I plan to go for two months, I'll let you know how that goes.  The point of this is to find my "peak" and that's the point of abstinence where my sexual drive and energy is at its highest.  I do believe that after a certain point of abstinence, your sex drive and energy drops off and then abstinence would be causing more harm than good.

The solution?  Well it's simply to abstain for a long time from all sexual activities whether that be a month or two months or even longer is up to you.  Then once the experiment is over, look back and think.  When did I feel my best?  Was it after a week? two weeks? three weeks? a month?  It will be different for everyone because we all have different sex drives.  

Whatever it is, should simply be your "schedule" that you follow to keep yourself motivated to find a girlfriend or be successful in whatever you choose depending on your life goals.  Just think of it as picking a fruit from a tree when it's fully ripe, you don't want to pick it too early as it isn't ready yet, but if you wait too long, it could be dead.
"You may not notice it now, but it's only matter of time until you find your sex drive and energy drop as your body adjusts to the abstinence of masturbation."

I don't think this will happen at all.  Nearly reaching a month without doing anything sexual I don't feel any differenent really.

My sex drive is usually quite steady.  Sometimes there are moments where I get erections a lot because I'm thinking about sex, but even if I'm not thinking about sex it doesn't mean I'm not 'hungry' for it.  

The sex urge, for me anyway, is not like the urge to have something to eat.  When I'm hungry, my stomach feels empty and I feel low on energy.  When I'm horny I'm just thinking strongly on how pleasant it would be to have sex or wank right now.  Once I do have sex or wank it doesn't feel like a weight has been lifted or anything.

It's all about how you handle it psychologically I reckon.  My 27 clean days so far haven't an all out struggle to get through.  There have been moments here and there where I seriously thought about giving in, and there will probably be those moments in the future.  But overall it's been fairly easy although not watching porn has probably helped a lot in this regard.
"My sex drive is usually quite steady.  Sometimes there are moments where I get erections a lot because I'm thinking about sex, but even if I'm not thinking about sex it doesn't mean I'm not 'hungry' for it."

Perhaps the wet dream after two weeks has kept the cycle going for you.  If you masturbated after two weeks, you'd probably feel the same as you do now, but you would experience the temporary down of the artificial ejaculation (masturbation) as opposed to natural ejaculation (wet dream), which has a more mild down.

"The sex urge, for me anyway, is not like the urge to have something to eat.  When I'm hungry, my stomach feels empty and I feel low on energy.  When I'm horny I'm just thinking strongly on how pleasant it would be to have sex or wank right now.  Once I do have sex or wank it doesn't feel like a weight has been lifted or anything."

Yes, I can definitely relate to this.  I call these "sex flashes" because the urge to have sex is so strong, but they go away if you're patient.  If I have sex or wank, the weight is lifted, but I feel down as opposed to still feeling energetic if I just let the storm pass by so to speak.

"It's all about how you handle it psychologically I reckon.  My 27 clean days so far haven't an all out struggle to get through.  There have been moments here and there where I seriously thought about giving in, and there will probably be those moments in the future.  But overall it's been fairly easy although not watching porn has probably helped a lot in this regard."

Congrats on the 27 clean days so far.  I guess there are two ways to go about handling your sex drive.  You can do it naturally by having wet dreams spontaneously once every week to every month naturally to regulate your sex drive and dump excess sperm, which is what you are doing.  The other way to handle your sex drive is artificially by masturbating once a week to once a month.  What's better and healthier in the long run?  I guess that's up for debate.
Some Italian scientists came to the conclusion that excessive porn can lead to impotence.  Scared the crap out of me... thoughts guys?

"It starts with lower reactions to porn sites, then there is a general drop in libido and in the end it becomes impossible to get an erection," said Carlo Foresta, head of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAM).

His team drew their conclusions from a survey of 28,000 Italian men which revealed that many became hooked on porn as early as 14, exhibiting symptoms of so-called "sexual anorexia" by the time they reached their mid-twenties.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/02/25/scientists-internet-porn-cause-impotence/

*sigh* I gave in and went to a brothel last night.  I also went to a brothel today.  But now I'm getting back onto the discipline.  I want clean day after clean day REGARDLESS of whether I'm getting unpaid-for sex or not.

So, for the rest of my life - no more porn, wanking and hoes (and no strip clubs either).  

Easy.  I'm going to come back here in a year's time and say I haven't indulged in any of my indiscretions since writing this post.
"*sigh* I gave in and went to a brothel last night.  I also went to a brothel today.  But now I'm getting back onto the discipline.  I want clean day after clean day REGARDLESS of whether I'm getting unpaid-for sex or not.

Easy.  I'm going to come back here in a year's time and say I haven't indulged in any of my indiscretions since writing this post."

It's okay flexiplan, you lasted pretty long.  About a month I believe.  That's a pretty good accomplishment.  This is the reason why I think it's pointless to try to quit for your whole life, because you'll end up relapsing.  Just look at what happened to Myron_Long, he basically relapsed, but is in denial.  

Sex addiction and this includes masturbation and porn isn't like drugs flexiplan.  You can't just quit it for the rest of your life, you need to let it out of the cage once in a while so to speak.  The best solution is to get a girlfriend and have sex with her and the problem is solved.  However, until then you need to make a schedule for yourself to keep it on control.  If you want to go on for as long as possible, that is fine, but don't relapse and revert to daily or weekly behaviour as a result if you cave in.
"It's okay flexiplan, you lasted pretty long.  About a month I believe.  That's a pretty good accomplishment."

An accomplishment that was, in the end, in vein though.  I now have to start the whole process again.  It's going to take a long time but it's my only option.  

"This is the reason why I think it's pointless to try to quit for your whole life, because you'll end up relapsing.  Just look at what happened to Myron_Long, he basically relapsed, but is in denial."  

Yeah, I think I was exaggerating a bit there.  I'm going to stick to my same strategy of abstaining until I experience significant self-improvement.  But more so than recently, I am going to ensure I don't get frustrated and impatient with myself.  Basically, I have to let time do it's work.

This recent lapse feels pretty crap because I did get a fairly significant amount of clean days.  And I have achieved long periods of abstinence in the past, but have always ended up eventually going back to my regular addictive behaviour.  Hopefully I won't go back to my usual binging now.

But it's not about trying to go for out for as long as possible.  It's about going for out until I 'get it' unpaid.  My recent 27/28 clean days is meaningless.  I am now back to square one.  I just have to keep on doing what I've been doing but being a bit more careful this time around.  
""This is the reason why I think it's pointless to try to quit for your whole life, because you'll end up relapsing.  Just look at what happened to Myron_Long, he basically relapsed, but is in denial." "
>>>> I don't see how I relapsed. In 2010, I had control over my masturbation because I had female friends with benefits. Now, that it is 2011 and I no longer have any of the friends, I do not see the point in going weeks and months without ejaculation. So in other words, once I get me a couple of female friends with benefits again I'll go back to no masturbation.

I say I have full control of the matter.
"Yeah, I think I was exaggerating a bit there.  I'm going to stick to my same strategy of abstaining until I experience significant self-improvement.  But more so than recently, I am going to ensure I don't get frustrated and impatient with myself.  Basically, I have to let time do it's work.

But it's not about trying to go for out for as long as possible.  It's about going for out until I 'get it' unpaid.  My recent 27/28 clean days is meaningless.  I am now back to square one.  I just have to keep on doing what I've been doing but being a bit more careful this time around."  

Honestly, you need to realize that masturbation isn't really that bad in the grand scheme of things.  Sure it's bad if you do it every single day and become sexless and demotivated as a result, but if you do it on the rare occasion to release sexual tension that is fine.  It's much better than paying a prostitute or masturbating to porn because you're replacing the need for actual meaningful sex in an unhealthy way.

It's not like if you masturbate a dozen times a year, you are suddenly going to be unmotivated to get a girlfriend because chances are you'll still remain highly motivated.  However if you do it more than a hundred times a year maybe you will be unmotivated get a girlfriend.  It all comes down to frequency in my opinion.
"I don't see how I relapsed. In 2010, I had control over my masturbation because I had female friends with benefits. Now, that it is 2011 and I no longer have any of the friends, I do not see the point in going weeks and months without ejaculation. So in other words, once I get me a couple of female friends with benefits again I'll go back to no masturbation.

I say I have full control of the matter."

Honestly man, I think your deluding yourself a little bit.  I'm not trying to be a **** either, I just think what you're doing isn't heading in the right direction.  The reason you had control over your masturbation before was not because you had female friends with benefits, but because you actually had self control to not masturbate.  Now, without your female friends you have found an excuse to masturbate to your heart's content.

You even have said before that if you didn't have your female friends, you'd probably masturbate once every two weeks, but obviously you haven't lived up to that.  Now you're doing it several times a week, which is bad considering you also watch porn to get stimulated and and you're having web cam sex as well.  

Honestly, why don't you test your limits?  Why not try going one month without masturbation and porn or even two months?  Then after look back and think when you felt most comfortable, was it two weeks?  Then maintain a schedule of once every two weeks of masturbation or whatever suits you best.  I know some might think you lack self discipline, but I know that's not the reason.  The real reason is because you think you "need" to masturbate or watch porn several times a week, but the reality is you don't.
"Honestly, why don't you test your limits?  Why not try going one month without masturbation and porn or even two months?  Then after look back and think when you felt most comfortable, was it two weeks?  Then maintain a schedule of once every two weeks of masturbation or whatever suits you best.  I know some might think you lack self discipline, but I know that's not the reason.  The real reason is because you think you "need" to masturbate or watch porn several times a week, but the reality is you don't. "

>>>> I see what you're telling me but I don't see a point in abstaining from masturbation for a whole month. As of now, I may masturbate like 3 times in a week and I think that is doable. Like I said, once I find me a steady girl to talk to and have sex with, I'll chill out on the masturbation.
"I see what you're telling me but I don't see a point in abstaining from masturbation for a whole month. As of now, I may masturbate like 3 times in a week and I think that is doable. Like I said, once I find me a steady girl to talk to and have sex with, I'll chill out on the masturbation."

Well if you want to be motivated to have a steady girl to have sex with maybe you'll need to chill out on the masturbation first.  Read this link and it basically says that if you want to resensitize your brain and be motivated to get a girlfriend, you'd need to abstain for basically 2 months.  Then once the two months are up maybe you can bring it down to once every two weeks or so.  This is a very good read, I think everyone should read the link below:

http://recoveringman.com/Desensitized.php

It's kind of interesting to read this because the two month abstinence and two week schedule was my strategy before I even read this, haha.  I'm 8 days without masturbating and going strong by the way and plan to reach the 2 month goal.
Nothing.
pls help me guys.,who are concern to other people.,im looking for a help.,this is aries,from manila,philippines..i dont want to be an  addict one in masturbation.,pls txt m,e guys.,09105495042.,tnx a lot guys.,im hoiping for your concern.,tnx...who  ever  see this message.,pls text me...
I'm probably the wierdest person on here.
lol
I've only masturbated to the point of ejaculation one time. I did it when i was 13 and for some reason it didn't feel good. My balls hurt afterwards, and the general feeling was unpleasant. My *** was very sticky and messy as there was a lot of it. it was kind of jellied.

After that i didn't do anything till i was 16 and I got a handjob from my girlfriend. That too didn't feel good. Afterwards i felt at peace and calm afterwards and almost fell asleep. I was clothed though, and she just stuck her hand in my pants to do it. When she finished, it soaked through my briefs, my jeans and even my shirt. It was really liquidy unlike the first time and almost had a reddish hue. I had to scrub really good to get all of that out later.

After those two poor experiances i've been afraid to try it since. I've tried to masturbated a few times here and there but i always chicken out before i get far because i think it'll be bad.

what the hell is wrong with me? lol
Viewing 401-600 comments: