Men's Health Community
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STOP MASTURBATING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 601-800 comments:
Most likey nothing's wrong with you.  You're just slow to masturbation becoming a normal thing for you.  Just try to not get too addicted to the activity when you pass over the hump. :)
i used to do  masturbation every day before as i dont know its effects
but now i have reduced alot  but cant able to reduce completely
now i do that action but controlling my sperm from coming out
is there any harm in that???????
if you choose to masturbate, you might as well let the sperm out. doesn't make sense to masturbate and not end it with an ejaculation.
when you are on the verge of ejeculation, hold for few seconds and start masturbationg (without ejeculation), Do this three or four times. In this way, you have masturbated four times and  ejeculated once only. This is a method to retrrain your brain to delay ejeculation. This is useful for the person who ejeculate prematurely.Worth trying.
Well, im addicted to masturbating , but ive made a hydrocele surgery so i shoulda dont do mastrubating , cuz it maybe going to be bad for my testis ,, help me out
Well, I have been pretty quiet here lately because I've not had much to say.  I have been lapsing big time lately, following that stupid "Saturday Rule"  again.  Well, no more.  I am returning to my complete indefinite abstinence of my three sins now.  From this moment forth my number one priority in life will be not to indulge.  Screw any form of moderation, all of it, no matter how little I indulge in is obsessive activity, which gets me nowhere.
I've been mbing since i was 12 or so... stumbled across some porn and beat my **** until it felt like i really had to pee, Still not sure where 'it' ended up OTW to the Bathroom.... Anyways.. I've recently got into live webcams which cost money and now i'm pretty broke so i've almost had to say No because it was effecting my wallet and i had no more income. With that being, said i said "No" to free porn as well and I haven't mb'ed in about 3 weeks. At a time like right now, I'll research something about masturbating and I'll find a forum like this that will give me some will power.. I'm also like you guys, shooting for a proper balance and reaching for a GF to handle my sexual needs. If you wait, the girls do come. My advice is stay as busy as possible. Work, Workout, Play video games, cards, read, sleep. Just don't watch porn. BTW, i've also quit smoking cigarettes and smoking pot for the last 2 months... the only thing i've quit that i have given back into was soda (FML) Hope my story helps. God Bless.

My plan is to raise my standards... Once i hit a month or so the girls start to flock and the slutty ones will want your **** because they are worse than us. SO Ill wait and I'll have my pick. By the 2 month mark, we all seek, i will have a wonderful woman and thats my goal. Good luck. I'll stay posted with you guys :)
"Well, I have been pretty quiet here lately because I've not had much to say.  I have been lapsing big time lately, following that stupid "Saturday Rule"  again.  Well, no more.  I am returning to my complete indefinite abstinence of my three sins now.  From this moment forth my number one priority in life will be not to indulge.  Screw any form of moderation, all of it, no matter how little I indulge in is obsessive activity, which gets me nowhere."

Honestly flexiplan, you make things too difficult yourself by being a perfectionist.  Obviously you need to abstain from porn and hookers for the rest of your life if you want to be completely healed.  However, there is nothing wrong with masturbating to quell the urge to watch porn or have sex with a porn.  It's like a smoker using the nicotine gum or patch to prevent himself from having a smoke until finally he quits the nicotine gum or patch as well.  

If you want to quit cold turkey, I commend you, but if you want to use periodic masturbation to quit porn and hookers before you finally quit masturbation it may be the best route for you.  When I was addicted to porn, I masturbated for several months without porn until I finally I was able to let go of the masturbation as well.

Good luck whatever you choose to do, but in the end the process doesn't matter, it's the result.  I haven't watched porn for 3 months and haven't masturbated in 1 and a half months and have very little urge to watch porn and can easily resist periodic urges to masturbate so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about.
http://www.boost-your-low-testosterone.com/orgasm-without-ejaculation.html
Dude, you've got it all wrong. You don't want to get laid for free. That ends up being the most expensive way to get it and one of the worst. You obviously haven't had enough girlfriends to realise it's all ********. A little honeymoon to begin with and some love ********, then waking up every day looking at the same person you hate and fight with before dumping her. Worse you might have kids, dirty little bastards running around costing you so much money.
Stick to the pros bro. We all pay for it one way or another, at least with prostitutes you get an upfront transparent legitimate transaction without any hidden ********. Remember money talks and ******** walks. Hence girlfriends are ********.
You have to grow a pair, become a master of your own kingdom, become powerful and spread your influence throughout the land. Money talks and ******** walks. Get what I'm sayin?
Benf, obvioulsy your post needs to be taken with a grain of salt but I do get what you're saying.  Out in society there is what we can term "indirect prostitution".  It's not everywhere but there is enough of it to feed direct prostitution.  I'm not too sure, but I believe a lot (if not most) men who see prostitutes are married or attached who are looking for indiscreet "fun".  In this case, I'm an exception to the norm.  I don't see hookers because I have a girlfriend who hardly gives up the ***** or because I've had a girlfriend in the past that costs a fortune.  No, I see hookers becasue I can't seem to get sex in any other way.  In fact, I've never had sex without paying for it.

Over the years I've had some good sex with pros.  But still I'm left longing for the experience of getting "down and dirty" with a girl without it taking place due to a professional financial transaction.  Once or twice I've come close to this but that was quite a while ago.  Basically,  for at least 5 years I've not had any notable success in getting laid for free.  This longing has made me feel quite disconcerted at times.

It is a weird thing.  Where I live and financial status means I can get sex pretty much anytime I want easily and legally.  But despite this, despite being a kid in the candy store so to speak, I'm not getting what most people get.

Another point is that after every time I see a prostiute I am always left with a "sticky" feeling.  These days I don't call it guilt and I can manage my emotions in a way that I don't become depressed or negative.  But still after every time or even during or before I think effectively "Here I go again, doing the same old ****.  More money wasted, stuck in the same old rut".
Trust me bro, you say say you're not getting what most people "get". Ok what they get is just a bunch of b.s, their fairytale becomes disillusionment and generally their not as happy as they thought they would be. There isn't much great about most peoples relationships. Rarely it works when they're deleriously happy, and the chances are slim.

Don't feel guilt man. Put that rubbish completely out of your mind. You are on this planet to look out for number one, and that's you! Whatever you do and whatever happens, always have no regrets about the past. This is the way to reach your own fulfillment. Guilt and that other b.s is just human made up crap brainwashed into us from when we were kids by our guilty parents due to their own problems.
Remember, we are just an insignificant species living on this planet by blind chance of the universe's formation. There's no god, there's no souls, there's no spirituality b.s. There's just a bunch of highly superstitious people who's ideas of guilt and emotions stem from how primitive we really are. It's an extension of the religious and other crap beliefs people have had over time.

Now's time to wake up and face the reality. The sooner you do, the sooner you can stop being weighed down by guilt b.s and start living the dream. Live your dream bro. Forget b*tches, F pros, that's the go. The rest of your time work on learning, hobbies, whatever interests you etc. And forget emotions b.s!!!
I guess, internet brought Porn to us. Whether it is good or bad is not the issue. It is available to us, so if I am alone in my house and I have internet I would have the urge of unpredictability to watch porn. I have to resisit the urge strongly other wise I would lose my freshness.

The best thing is to keep urself busy and stay out of porn and engage urself into real sex. Real sex with single lovely partner is better than loosing ur manhood to ur laptop.

PORN IS NOT DANGEROUS BUT HOW YOUR MIND DEAL WITH THIS IS.

AND IF SOMEONE STOPS MASTERBATING (masturbating) THEN DO NOT WORRY.  OUR BODY SEX CLOCK WOULD TURN ON AUTO SYSTEM IN WHICH CASE THE BODY WOULD RELEASE THE SPERMS IN A WET DREAM AFTER 12 DAYS OF NO EJACULATION.
WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, THE BEST CREATION ON THE PLANET. SO DO NOT WORRY.

Cheers.
***@****
Im on my 8th day of no porn or masterbation (masturbation) and Im going strong. I really believe I can do this. My goal is to not watch porn ever again and to go at least 2 months without masterbating (masturbating). My question is. Is it ok if I go out with girls? I can *** from bjs no problem or do you guys think I should not *** all together?
"AND IF SOMEONE STOPS MASTERBATING (masturbating) (masturbating) THEN DO NOT WORRY.  OUR BODY SEX CLOCK WOULD TURN ON AUTO SYSTEM IN WHICH CASE THE BODY WOULD RELEASE THE SPERMS IN A WET DREAM AFTER 12 DAYS OF NO EJACULATION.
WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, THE BEST CREATION ON THE PLANET. SO DO NOT WORRY."

Exactly,  I haven't masturbated in 1 month and 3 weeks and I have had several wet dreams.  Just a few days ago, I had two nights with consecutive wet dreams that were very sexual.  Your body will naturally get rid of the build up of semen and sexual tension if you don't do this.  It's random though, you can go 15 days without masturbating, a month or even one day, and you could have a wet dream.  It really depends on how stressed you are, the sexual tension you have accumulated and what kind of foods you eat.
Hello. I am new to this room but I find it to be one of the best resources thus far. I have read many posts and people seem very cool and understanding without getting completely out of hand with one another. So I have an interesting story and want to share it with all of you and see if anyone can help me.

I have major anxiety which unknowingly started when I was 12 years old and started going through puberty. Since the day I started masturbating I have not been able to stop. When I was 15 I went 43 days without masturbating and I was literally bed ridden.

I stayed in the house constantly and was experiencing anxiety attacks but at the time didnt know what they were. I actually didnt make the connection between masturbation and anxiety until later in life. But anyway no lie my heart would race like crazy, I could not go outside or do much and was going to doctors all the time who could not figure out what was wrong with me. My sex drive only got stronger through these 43 days and I never had a wet dream as some on here have had.

It was not until I started masturbating again that all of a sudden I started feeling better and was no longer as sick as I was. From that time forward I havent went more than 5-7 days tops without masturbating. Heck I do it sometimes 12 times in a day. The longer I stop the more I will do it when I start again. Almost like I am making up for the lost time. When I masturbate normally without trying to restrain it is like 2-3 times a day. When I stop for a few days thats when I will go nuts for a day catching up...

Anyway I am 32 now and have been on Anxiety meds since age 20. I cannot stop this medication or I get very sick and uncontrollably anxious.... Furthermore I cannot stop masturbating even with meds or I get anxious uncontrollably. Is there a relation between this or some undiagnosed condition I could have. I mean after 3 days I start feeling sick and the longer I go without it the sicker I get until I give in and do it.

I cant stand that I am addicted to watching porn as I believe in God and it makes me feel so low. I keep praying that I will be able to stop but I dont have the strength to follow through and when I start getting sick I end up jumping back into it again.

I would like to completely stop doing it but my health goes down very quickly when I don release all my frustrations out by masturbating.... Right after masturbating I will even go at it again within minutes to further release myself.

Its been a long fight since age 12 that I am losing and feel like I am in a catch22. I feel like I am going to hell for watching all this porn so sometimes I try to just masturbate without watching porn or thinking of what turns me on. Thats hard also.

Any advice would be helpful....

Thx
Masturbation is an natural habit.Take it lightly.you can divert your  mind by breathing. Abdomina breathing calms your mind. If you are serious, you cam learn yoga, pranyam, kegel exercise, Sat kriya, vajrolimudra, sthul bast(similar to wiiggling your buttocks etc. kundalini yoga is the best method to divert your mind and convert sexual energy into mental and spiritual energy enriching your life in all walks of your life. It is a uphill task, however once you get some hold, you will master your emotions and even comee out of your anxiety problem. Meditaion is also included in the above subjects.This above subjects can be considered,techniques for workout and therapy as well.Do try.
Try masturbating WITHOUT Porn! It has been my BEST remedy!!!! I know what you're thinking, its boring and i can't get off as fast but thats the point!!! Build it up and use your imagination... The first couple times you do it you won't ejaculate but the stress is gone while the testosterone STAYS UP! After about a WEEK or TWO you will find that masturbating without porn has a GREAT Payoff and not to mention less "no Reason Boners" and More time to Relax. TRY IT OUT!!! No Porn. It took me 12 years to figure this out and theres less guilt, less stress, more confidence... Let me know if anyone else tried this and it worked for them too...
"Try masturbating WITHOUT Porn! It has been my BEST remedy!!!! I know what you're thinking, its boring and i can't get off as fast but thats the point!!! Build it up and use your imagination... The first couple times you do it you won't ejaculate but the stress is gone while the testosterone STAYS UP! After about a WEEK or TWO you will find that masturbating without porn has a GREAT Payoff and not to mention less "no Reason Boners" and More time to Relax. TRY IT OUT!!! No Porn. It took me 12 years to figure this out and theres less guilt, less stress, more confidence... Let me know if anyone else tried this and it worked for them too..."

I've tried this personally and I find that it is much better than masturbating with porn, however the best is masturbating less frequently like once a week or even once a month.  I find I get lazy and depressed if I masturbate everyday even without porn.  Sure the sexual problems are drastically lower, you have much less problems mentally.  Though you'll have a lot less energy.  I consider masturbating without porn as the lesser evil or milder poison that masturbating with porn.

It's like smoking weed everyday is masturbating without porn and injecting yourself with heroin everyday is masturbating with porn.  I recommend switching to masturbating everyday without porn for sex addicts and porn addicts until you feel cured.  Then quitting the masturbation will come much easier, this is what I did and it worked for me.  I haven't masturbated to porn in 3 and a half months and I haven't masturbated without porn in 55 days and I have a ridiculous amount of mental energy.
A few days ago I had that strong urge to masturbate and so I did so, but when I ejacualated I only 'half-ejaculated'.  As in, I ejacualted but it wasn't a full ejaculation where afterwards the activity is pretty much over.  Instead I only ejaculated a little bit and I could have immediately orgasmed fully afterwards.  But instead of doing this, after a brief moment of continuing to wank, I decided that was enough, put my pants back on and went back to my normal self.  I felt I released just enough pressure to keep my head screwed on without 'unloading the boat completely' so to speak.

For some reason a lot of the guilt I used to feel with wanking and sex is that I immediately felt crap after orgasm/ejaculation.  It's weird becuase the moments before I felt fine but as soon as I cummed it was like my mind switched back into a different mode and I thought why the Hell did I do that.  Now I have read that certain chemicals are released into the brain after ejaculation so that probably explains it.  But what lessens the explanation is the fact that people have varying degrees of guilt over the subject and, in my case, I don't feel a strong mental/emotional/physcial change these days after sex and masturbation.

In the past I used to have varying responses to the periods after ejaculating.  A lot of the time I felt guilty and dirty but sometimes I would feel more relaxed and my mind would be clearer.  On the rare occasion I would feel oppressed with sexual tension and after I wanked or had sex I finally felt I could go back to my 'regularly scheduled programming'.  But, as I said, these day I feel little of these effects.  In fact, it's probably safe to say I feel none.  Even after my recent four clean weeks I didn't feel any different.  All I did was think '****'.

This doesn't mean to say that there aren't any side-effects at all.  Of course there are.  It's just that they aren't switched on like the flick of a switch immediately after ejacualting.  I find it's best these days to keep a full tank.  As evidenced by Former_Addict, one retains one's mental energy that way.  And despite no longer feeling guilty, I think I may try only 'half-ejaculating' from now on.

It's funny because if I had that skill in the past I would have bypassed a lot of the guilt I used to feel.  But even though I don't experience that guilt now I'm going to try to bypass that potential trigger anyway.  

Whilst on this topic I'd just like to mention another interesting thing.  A couple of times, mainly whilst having sex, I managed to (by no means by design) experience what is known as a 'dry-***'.  For instance, I would be having sex, I would feel like I'm about to come and so hold off but despite me holding back the fluids the guilt would immediately wash over me anyway, and so I would immediately cancel the session in disgust.  Once within one minute of having sex the guilt came despite not cumming at all and I stormed out in fury.

What this goes to show is that this chemical releasing or whatever it is is probably quite complicated.  Suffice to say, I have never experienced a dry *** in my non-guilty days.  I believe with the dry *** I could have continued having sex if I wanted do.  As in, my **** would have continued to feel nice but due to my guilt I suspended all activities.  So, the guilt came before the sex was over.

Maybe the guilt (as in the chemicals that are released to cause the feeling) only takes place in young people to prevent them from going overboard with the habit whilst going through puberty.  As in, because the body is still growing it needs to retain nutrients.  Whereas with an older person, because the body is no longer growing and the person more mature the chemicals can be regarded as no longer required to be released.

Then again, looking at it from another perspective, this 'guilt' could be the number one incentive to masturbate. As in, it could be what keeps people trapped in a cycle.  I did mention this view a couple of pages ago.
"A few days ago I had that strong urge to masturbate and so I did so, but when I ejacualated I only 'half-ejaculated'.  As in, I ejacualted but it wasn't a full ejaculation where afterwards the activity is pretty much over.  Instead I only ejaculated a little bit and I could have immediately orgasmed fully afterwards.  But instead of doing this, after a brief moment of continuing to wank, I decided that was enough, put my pants back on and went back to my normal self.  I felt I released just enough pressure to keep my head screwed on without 'unloading the boat completely' so to speak.

For some reason a lot of the guilt I used to feel with wanking and sex is that I immediately felt crap after orgasm/ejaculation.  It's weird becuase the moments before I felt fine but as soon as I cummed it was like my mind switched back into a different mode and I thought why the Hell did I do that.  Now I have read that certain chemicals are released into the brain after ejaculation so that probably explains it.  But what lessens the explanation is the fact that people have varying degrees of guilt over the subject and, in my case, I don't feel a strong mental/emotional/physcial change these days after sex and masturbation"

Flex I know what you mean.... For some reason I feel extremely guilt after masturbating my bare penis. But for some reason I don't feel that guilt after masturbating with a condom on. It's just a different feeling.
Well it seems like you guys have found your own unique solutions to your problems.  Well to each their own I say! I'm about to reach the 2 month mark of complete abstinence from masturbation in a few days and I've gone 3 and a half months without porn and I feel very resensitized, I check out clothed women all the time lol when in the past they'd give me no effect.  If I see a naked woman, I feel the same way I did when I was a teenager, it's great to be back.  Now I'm motivated more than ever to get a girlfriend when in the past I wasn't, I wish I found this blog 5 years ago, but I'm glad I found it anyways.
I felt the urge to watch porn today. A very strong URGE. Instead i stood up and just wanked it, wanked it to Kind of clear my mind while i was doing it. I have a lot on my plate right now(loss of job, no money, getting kicked out of my house, no place to go, no friends) and thought out some possible options while i was doing so. I did this for maybe 20 minutes with no climax (no physical climax) and felt calm and relaxed after. I'm an attractive 23 year old and even I take the easy route. Or used to anyways, but I still have my manjuice this time and a clearer conscious now. IF i would have watched porn i would have BLOWN and felt that feeling of relief. But it wasn't the time (~2 weeks), but i didn't. I didn't because i knew how bad I feel about it. I tell myself a mantra that helps, "Mother, Sister, Daughter; Mother Sister Daughter".., In regards to the women in XXX videos...
BTW i was trying my edging thing a couple pages back (masturbating to the point of ***ming and backing off) and after about 2 weeks i realized i had no girl at the time so i let it loose and started another 2 week cycle (someone else stated this was a good cycle and i agree); this is until we make it to the next step of having regular casual sex.
You read the two week cycle from me Crozy haha.  I mention in this other medhelp forum, why I think two weeks is best: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Too-much-porn-masturbation-cause-ED/show/183203
This blog has been a wonderful help, as I am 15 and still young been masturbating since I was 12 or so, at on and off periods of consistency, reading this I reflected back to when i did not masturbate as much, I felt much more focused on long term goals and wants, but when masturbating I felt more sociable and happy. So my goals for right now i trying to find a balance between true happiness that is deep down, and on the outside. I had always wondered if my masturbation had anything to do with my actions or feelings in the long run and I guess they do. And I've been having sex a number of times with some friends with benefits,  and reflecting back, times when I had a real girlfriend (only once) who I did not have sex with I was much happier on a deeper level like when not masturbating. funny how everything comes together like that, so I'm on a search for a balance, but I'm not going to stress it, and live life as my sex drive carries me :D  
Well, I 'gave in' again yesterday after getting 14 clean days of abstinence from prostitutes.  It felt pretty crap but I'm not going to let it phase me.  Giving in once every so often isn't such a big deal.

I am going to continue focusing on the fact that I am not wasting money on prostitutes at this current point in time and be happy about that.  I have to face the fact that I'm going to give in at some point.

Anyway, abstaining from prostitutes remains my number one priority in life.  That is what keeps me going.  For as long as I'm not having sex with a prostitute at this current point in time I am a happy man.

The same goes, to a lesser degree, with masturbation.  Pornography I don't mind so much although I have tended to keep my viewing fairly limited in regards to that.
"Well, I 'gave in' again yesterday after getting 14 clean days of abstinence from prostitutes.  It felt pretty crap but I'm not going to let it phase me.  Giving in once every so often isn't such a big deal.

The same goes, to a lesser degree, with masturbation.  Pornography I don't mind so much although I have tended to keep my viewing fairly limited in regards to that."

No worries flexiplan, I know how you feel and you're not alone, I just gave in to P& M after 3 months and 20 days without P and 2 months without M.  I do feel pretty crap, but relapse is a normal part of recovery so don't feel down, keep your head up flexiplan and you will achieve a full recovery.

So after being clean so long from porn, I have this burning sensation in my head and it literally feels like I just temporarily poisoned my brain with my own chemicals, but this has happened before and it usually goes back to normal within a few days.

Anyways, my plan from now is just to masturbate every two weeks from now on and never relapse to porn again because I will usually end up having a wet dream at around that time more or less so I might as well take care of it myself.  

Flexiplan, if you want to quit masturbation to the point where you let your body take care of the excess semen and sexual frustration through wet dreams periodically then that is fine.  If you want to masturbate every two weeks to be in control then that is fine too.

All that matters is that sex addiction (having sex with hookers) and porn addiction is cured and a thing of the past and you will live a healthy sexual life and meet the woman of your dreams, that is all matters in the end.
Hi there I need help. I have been hooked on porn now for years. Im now 20. I started masturbation an watching porn when I was 12. My head is ****** up from porn. I want to forget about it an stop masturbation an get a girl a settle down an have a family.  Somone help me. I need your advice
After failing again last night I figured I have to attack my problem from a different angle.  During my thinking I thought of the steps to overcome masturbation which I wrote on the first page.  I figure that there maybe something to them  and so I can apply them to my effort in overcoming my addiction to prostitutes.  

After reading the steps I feel more confident with myself, but not the kind of self-delusional confidence I have put myself under lately and so many times in the past.

Here are the steps again for those who are interested...

Steps to overcome masturbation:

1) Decide firmly that you do not want to masturbate and stick to the decision.  Even if you feel you are denying yourself pleasure or being self-destructive in a way, don't waver.  Try to be above your emotions and don't do it because, well, just don't do it.

2) If you give in and masturbate realize it is because you chose to do so.  Don't think you gave in to temptation.  Instead focus on the fact that ultimately you accepted and allowed yourself to masturbate.  

3) Realize that if you do give in and masturbate it will be no big loss.  Rather you will just go through a time loop and will have to face the same point of stopping masturbation again and again until you actually do stop completely.  

4) Be prepared for critical points where, in order to abstain, you will have to say/think a firm 'no' to yourself.  Realize that if you trip up on this point you will just have to face it again in the future.

5) Don't worry too much about counting clean days/weeks/months etc, instead be prepared for times when 'the urge' is at it's peak because it's at these times when stopping is most crucial, as it's these times where you stop.  

6) If ever caving in, especially after a long period of abstinence, realize that you have time looped and be prepared for the next point you will have to face where you must say 'no'.  Realize that the memory of yourself 'caving-in' will not last forever and that once you walk through it your self-will will be increased.
I decided a while ago to not completely stop masturbation. It's a waste of fighting it if you like to masturbate. But I did reduce masturbation. I decided to only masturbate 1-2 times on Sunday, allowing Mon-Fri to rebuild my hormones and be prepared for a sexy date by Fri-Sat. This work best for me.
"I decided a while ago to not completely stop masturbation. It's a waste of fighting it if you like to masturbate. But I did reduce masturbation. I decided to only masturbate 1-2 times on Sunday, allowing Mon-Fri to rebuild my hormones and be prepared for a sexy date by Fri-Sat. This work best for me."

Haha, you basically are doing what I was doing several months ago.  I went one month without masturbating and then switched to once a week.  Make sure, it's only once a week though, and only do it once on Sunday,  if you do it twice on Sunday, the recovery time will take longer and you will be more bogged down as opposed to just doing it once.

Anyways, I have found that going 2 months without masturbating and then switching to once every 2 weeks is the best and that is what I plan to do from now on.  I've done a lot of research on this and this makes the most sense.
Hmm, masturbation is largely a non-issue for me at the moment.  I've currently got around 27 clean days of abstinence from the activity.  As long as I couple this with consistent abstinence from hookers I remain happy.  Good riddance masturbation!
im trying to stop masterbating (masturbating) and its been 6 days for me and im trying to reach a hundred. my record is 55 days. i think i may have premature ejaculation because when i masterbate it never takes long to climax. i do watch porn alot and want to stop but i always end up back watching it. going without masterbation (masturbation) is extremely difficult and i hope i can reach my goal
Hi, world and fans I find it normal to masturbate 1 time a week 7 day week if not having sex that week but there are sum weeks its sex daily,porn is cool but it gets boring seeing your self but with the wright women it could be one you will remember so that porn will go on top shelf.
>You should use porn as a training tool to time your self or learn how to use your tool and not need any help.
>You must not have any sex ?
Why is masturbating off in front of your computer better for you?
If your shy to women and feel you don't have it and will never get any wear and give up that's not true.
>You need to read up on sex and women's likes learn how to use your tongue think of your **** as a clit how much you like it and how good it feels to a women and how good you are at it love it.
>I still masturbate at least every month but oral sex with a women is better then masturbating and her sweet is better then most hard on pills and give me a great feeling abought every women needs and likes,that counts and will help you stop or cut back on Porn's and don't keep watching the same old movies that what is boring ED,share them with friends find there likes and clues of some parts.
>Reading learning-Now I have never seen a book on sex for dummies.
This you must do, read what women like learn be nice bearly legal is one of the best reading, I find on good clues and tips of strighting out your act.
>Don't try to hurry your self masturbating make it last as long as you can tease it control you be the master a Star of your own porn in your mind your the stud or bunny.
To add a Brothel is the best safe learning place if you think your masturbating to much you will not be thinking of masturbating for a week and in healthy to at least you know you are with tested and beautiful women as well you may even meet your porn star :-).
thankyou guys so much all your stories and advice have really helped me cut down on masterbating (masturbating) and watching porn, instead of masturbating every day i<ve gone to 1 once every week or 2
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
I am trying to completely stop masturbating and have been off of it for about 7 days, the longest time in a few years. I was wondering if it is okay to masturbate once in a while, but i am really scared that if i do so, i will go back to my old habits (which is masturbating at least once per day) which i really don't want to do.
Hi guys, i have been reading this forum for a week now
and have found much usefull info!
signed up today, so i could join in.

Alittle about myself first, seeing its my first post.
Im 23 years old, used to smoke weed nearly every day for years, gave that up nearly 3 months ago for a great girl i am seeing at the momment.
i have allso been taking an antidepressant called "sertraline" aka Zoloft for anxiety issues now for a year. wich has worked great. i  have been on 100mg a day.
I believe watching porn nearly every day and masterbating (masturbating) since i was about 16 has desensitized me and i find it hard to get an erection. even when watching porn. i get only half an erection, but can still ***, allso the drug zoloft, wich has been known to give sexual problems.
As you can see , its a doosey of a combination.
i have been finding it hard to get even half an erection with my gf, let alone keep it up.
its been frustrating me and getting me down, my gf says its ok and nothing to worry about.
but you know how it is, it weighs you down.

I have been clean off porn and masterbating (masturbating) for 5 days now and was hoping it would give me an edge this weekend, sadly it seemed worse :(
i have halfed my meds to 50mg to see if this helps. im planning on weaning myself off them.

any insight guys? would be much appreciated.
I am 48 years old and have been masturbating since i was 13. I am now to the point where  I can't makelove to my girlfriend because I am used to watch porn. And because going to a prostitute is expensive I went to chat online. Unfortunately any chats online with women are expensive. Then I wanted more variety so I tried gay chat porn. I am NOT gay byany means but this was a way to let my frustration be.
I have had two divorces because sex was not good. My second wife had a problem with pelvic pain and we couldn't have sex. Well guess what. In order to rebel to the situation I went to gay chats. Now every night I go to a gay chat where you can watch your self and the other person and masturbate. Everynight I tell my self I will stop and not do it because my current girlfriend will leave me, but I end up going to the gay chat.

My GOD please help! It is a living hell at 48 years old!!!

30 year old guy here....Very cool to find a thread on this topic, I've been struggling with this since the early '00's with internet porn.  First started masturbating at the age of 8, well before I could even ejaculate.  Sometimes I'd find my stepdads porno stash but usually it was just imagination.  

It's funny because when I first started watching porn regularly, I could just watch "normal" stuff, just your average porn with the average porn stars would turn me on.  My tastes started changing a lot over the years, now I'm only into niche stuff, and some stuff that's kind of disturbing to me to be into... like afterwards I kinda feel bad about what I just got off too.  Nothing illegal thank god, but definitely not "normal".  

Obviously this makes it very hard for me to have sexual relationships because i only get turned on by certain scenarios, and certain types of women.  Very few women fit the criteria, and ones that do aren't always going to share the same kinky interests, nor should I expect them to.  I've passed up a ton of women because I couldn't "seal the deal", because i'd rather go home and watch porn.  Even girls that a lot of men would find beautiful but because they don't have the "look" that i've conditioned myself to only be turned on by, I just can't do it.  

about 7 years ago i was with a girl for 4, I did manage to quit my masturbation down because i moved into a situation with no internet, and imagination was boring...I knew back then even that it was a bad habit and was ruining me..  but during that time we had some amazing sex and very often... towards the last few years i got internet connection and slowly started getting back into my old habits and our sex life kinda dwindled accordingly.  Not that she was a prude, just that I was depleting myself so much by looking at porn that i didn't have the same drive and "umph" as before.  Never had a relationship since or before that was so good sexually.  It helped that she was the body type I like which a lot of guys might not like, def bigger than what most guys would consider hot but that's what i like.... but curvy not just plain "fat".  Makes me sad that I can't even come close to having sex with a woman unless she's built like this which most women aren't.  Its' from all the years of conditioning myself to get off to certain looks, situations.   I've had plenty of one nighters since, and casual relationships but I always feel like i'm not "delivering" the way I know I should or couldn't, even if they are enjoying it.  A lot of the time I have to close my eyes and imagine porn scenarios to maintain a solid erection and/or ejaculate.  

It's gotten real bad lately, I just have such a hard time with real intercourse.  I feel anti social, don't feel sharp mentally.... I did give it up for a week about a month ago and was feeling great.  Problem was is i was seeing this woman who i couldn't stay hard during intercourse with....only when she orally serviced me.  It helped but i ended up giving in and just went back to my old habits.  

IT's frustrating because I have no issue attracting women and what not, but yet i'm this loner of a guy who doesn't do much but sit on the computer... always had a hard time keeping jobs, never reach my potential even though I had so much and still feel like I do.  I really think this is the main problem... I've tried quitting other "bad habits" like smoking pot but if anything I feel worse since I quit and I masturbate even more.  Working out always helps but I feel like i'm not getting the most out of it because this habit drains me so much i'm not putting all my effort in i could and my body doesn't recover as fast.  

I just need to be strong and give it up... any time i've ever quit... good things always seem to happen in my life... can't explain it but it just seems like everything falls into place and i take life in stride way better.  

hello there, I'm 36 yrs of age. I find this topic to interesting that i would like to join also. I can relate myself here. It was been a struggling moment for me this M and P very much. I notice people in different background trying to set goals for themselves and thats what I found positive. I started with this habit when I was in 14. And I always like to stop and get a new life but it never happens. Since it control me too much, I would say.

After those long years, I keep on struggling. And thanks a lot with this forum, now I can check how would it be for 2 months. I like to live peacefully in minds without any addiction.

Please help me guys and give me support with this.
Hello all. Im 32 years old and have been masturbating since I was about 9 or ten. Its very interesting reading all the different stories here and I thought I would share mine. Throughout my life I could never control my pornography or masturbation. I did go through a period in my mid 20s (didnt last very long) where I would pleasure myself but not ejaculate. Even when I would have sex, usually I'd masturbate before going to sleep.

I've slept with over 1000 women, I have had a very high sex life, and masturbation was always the norm. Having that many partners, I have some sort of experience with women, but it was all just casual sex. It was just too mechanical , and no emotions involved. I was lucky to have the means to live out what I saw in the porn I used to masturbate to. Eventually, it gets boring.

2 months ago, I decided to give up sex. I was in a complex relationship that wasn't going anywhere (George Michael "Everything She Wants" explains my situation perfectly!) Now I'm trying to have some normality in my life and re wiring my brain on my approach to sex. Nowadays, I masturbate daily as it gets rid of some tension. In the long term, I want to control this aspect and be free of any addiction.
"Exactly,  I haven't masturbated in 1 month and 3 weeks and I have had several wet dreams.  Just a few days ago, I had two nights with consecutive wet dreams that were very sexual.  Your body will naturally get rid of the build up of semen and sexual tension if you don't do this.  It's random though, you can go 15 days without masturbating, a month or even one day, and you could have a wet dream.  It really depends on how stressed you are, the sexual tension you have accumulated and what kind of foods you eat."

Hello, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me understand something.. So I masturbate fairly regularly, anywhere from once every 2 or 3 days to twice a day (I'm 18 by the way), watching porn, reading sex stories (Idc if it seems weird, my imagination works for me), and/or in the shower. Now, I've gone on vacation to visit family and I'm basically in a situation where porn and whatnot is accessible, but I don't have any privacy to wank off. I've been on vacation for about 2 weeks, and I have masturbated during that time, twice, in the shower. Now just last night.. you could say I was having some vivid imaginations, thinking about fun things to happen when I come back (going to throw a party). Now I was pretty awake when I started these thoughts, had an erection and whatnot, but didn't get up to finish (or start?) the job in the washroom because of certain circumstances I dont want to go into. So I just laid there thinking these thoughts, and eventually drifted in and out of sleep. Now I'm not sure if I was consciously thinking this, or if it was my aroused state while drifting to sleep, but I think I imagined/dreamed my climax. When I woke up.. well.. I guess I had a wet dream because.. yeah. Now I'm not sure when my last wet dream was or if I've even had one, so is it possible for someone as old as 18 to have a wet dream if they haven't in a long time (possibly ever) and all they did was have a strong imagination? I feel pretty damned silly asking this.
I am struggling for my 4 days now. Its like its the only thing on my mind. but im trying to keep still in focus. its just like the psychology called "conditioning." my mind conditioned to do this and create a habit for me.
Ok what happens if someone that has been masturbating almost 2 years straight suddenly stops?
And does masturbating and eyaculating alot cause kids to be born with some sort of deffect? like phsycological or fisical?
Hi, Itx me  "Amri" hear aged 19, weight 53kg,, hight 5.3!! Liv in "Dubai"
 nd am a Mastrubation adicted! I had tried allot for to stop my this habit but am always unable to help myself!
Wel am doing this since i was in my 5th standard! Hmm roughly when i was of 8 or 10 years old!
Well till 15 it has never given me any type of problem! 
But now due to the exsesive masturbating ii started geting sum sort of problems like feeling pain in the bladder section after masturbate nd my bach aches frecuently! Nd the main bigger problem for me right now is of urine! Iam unable to urin normally! I wate wate for ejection or i need to apply force!! 
So plzz! Help me wat shuld b the redmy which can b done in house itself without meeting a doctor!!
Thaank You!:)
i'll be great and happy :)
those masturbation cause any health problems
I can see what you're trying to say here. I think it's normal for an 18 year old to have wet dream. And same here, imagination works for me all the time.

I had a couple of wet dream between 17 and 19. When I was 20, one time I saw some very explicit softcore pictures and I came involuntarily, twice in a row. Then I started watch porn heavily, but involuntary ejaculation never happened again. I started to masturbate regularly when I was 22, along with heavy porn doses. Last year (I was 26) I got turned off by a girl I really liked, who ended up liking my best friend. So I was really pissed and masturbated even more, sometimes 3-4 times a day. And each day felt like ****. No matter what else I see, I couldn't get an erection without my hand. I even had a call girl over. But guess what, because I beat off so much I couldn't even get it up in front of her. So I've learned my lesson and and began to quit porn and masturbation since then. It's a difficult process: trying to toss all 300GB of porn and stop beating off all the sudden. But it's worth it. Honestly today is only my 14th consecutive day without beating off. And I still have a long way to go. I've marked smile faces on my calendar showing the consecutive days without masturbation. I think that really helps. Now my erection seems to be normal again. Morning wood is coming back everyday. I can get it up by imagination, looking at women's cleavage, having physical contact with women, etc.

As many people suggested, when you feel the urge of masturbation, just go do something else, work out, run, play games (though I find that constant nervousness in action games can somehow increase sex drive), drink a lot of water and go pee. Trust me, when you stop masturbating and can get an erection easily every day at any moment you want without your hand, you'll feel much more proud of yourself.
A related discussion, THE TRUTH ABOUT... MASTURBATION! was started.
Okay, so far I believed all the stories about "something exploding in your brains" every time you ejaculate. But as for all the rest of it:NO!!
I am now 33. I've become sexually mature a fairly late age, had a couple of n.e.'s in that period until I started to masturbate at 16..yes that's right.. but after that time I became so addicted that I can't recall doing it without skipping it for a single day. Never had any problems, until at the age of 29 my hair started thinning out. I still have a long tuft of hair, but it is getting thinner with the years. I was in panic and did almost everything to stop it but continued masturbating. After  I finally thought there was a tie to the prostate since that's were sperm comes from I started to stop wanking and thinking it would be the solution to all my problems.
Right now I am in day 71 of my abstinence.. yes that's right, and it is a relentless amount of days without doing it, it is driving me nuts.. but other than my scalp feeling a little more normal, I have NO results.
All that, you will feel better, think better, react better, look better, get stronger..none of that was true. There are also more negative effects, because after all these days I've become very sensitive and stressed, and my ballsac is turning into a ginormous tennis ball. There is no difference and if even a ridiculous long period of 71 days isn't enough to make you healthier, then there is no point of stopping. Feels like I am wasting my life, and life is already short. I plead for stopping with all this nonsense, and just masturbate at healthy intervals. 3 days a week and no more.
Can someone tell me when i kiss a girl and get my penis up for a long time and not masturbating ken that be dengerous for me?
hi there .
i used to masturbate 5-6 times a week and never had sex . Now a days, if sperm comes out after masturbating or in dreams then i am suffering from little bit pain in the pennis and lower abdominal, sometimes in scrotum. if i ejaculates the sperm 2 times a week then the pain remains for 6 days. if i ejaculate more than 2 times then pain remains for 2-3 weeks. I am doing hard work job for four days. i feel pain whenever i do job. rest of three days i will be fine. i went to urologist doctor, he tested urine infection, kidney test and bladder test. the results were normal. I also seen sexual doctor, they tested urine infection and they tested is there any bacteria at the head of pennis. everything is fine.

i dont understand what is the problem. Whenever i visit the doctor, he gives me antibiotics as presciption. Will u please help me what is the problem and how to cure it.

Please help me.

This is my first time doing something like this online, but I have been having extremely difficulty controlling my mind over porn. Very very annoying, I get pissed at myself everyday when I ejaculate. It is definitely a never ending battle. I have decided to set a goal for two months. I will post again in 2 months if this happens. Please give me suggestions on stopping.
I have read many of the posts in this forum and feel a lot of empathy for a lot of these men. I myself have been a steady mb'er since I was in my early teens. I'm so much better at getting me off than anyone else has ever been that I have had trouble sexually in my relationships because everyone else is a far second to my own alone time.
I have decided to forego any more self-contact in the interest of strengthening my sexual realtionship with my partner, and to end the guilt and shame that I have attached to all sexual contact since I was a kid. Thats a lot of years to work through, but I know I'll be better for starting now, regardless of how late in the game it may be!
Best of luck to all...
Thank you so much Crozy, You pretty much explained my situation and I've been wondering myself that perhaps if I hold off the ladies will flock . I've gone back on my word and tugged one off on lonely weekends and it's hard not to when you get into your whirlpool of shame cause you didn't score over the passing weekend. But you give me inspiration and I'm here like you ... To perhaps find some will power from others sharing my struggle. Thanks again and God Bless back at ya even though we don't say that in Canada as often as in the States haha! Cheers!
I can't see how masturbating to much can be bad for you except for a swollen penis, I have been masturbating since I was like 12-13 if not younger and like at least 2 times a day for as much as 5 times, depending on how bored I am during the day, I'm now 22 years old, and I have no problems other then a few years ago before sex and I was a over horny little boy I over did it and it got swollen and a bit dry so I got like small cuts on the foreskin, but a few days without masturbating fixed that :P
The only thing now is, if it's related, I have a VERY hard time "reaching the finish line" so to speak :P Heheh
And no, there shouldn't be any danger if you don't masturbate
If you don't want to do it then don't do it
Hi guys just wanted to add my piece. I started masturbating at 13, watching heavy pornography at 14 and continued more or less once or twice a day until I was 24 when I had a panic attack that had me so stressed I believed I was about to die.  Literally that is what it took to wake me up, realization that I could die.  Over time I began to understand that my masturbating was related to stress, and some deep seated emptiness/loneliness probably related to a lack of intimacy with others. Masturbating and pornography compromised my health in a very subtle way...undermining my immune and nervous system and leaving me with the inability to deal with life situations like a normal person.  I was able to overcome masturbating and pornography watching as a result of that huge panic attack by turning to Jesus.  I literally started praying every day twice or three times a day just calling out to Jesus Christ to have mercy and help me overcome pornography...it was not easy and he did not deliver me immediately but I DID NOT GIVE UP...after about 4 months of not watching pornography for  21 days and then relapsing, 14 days and then relapsing, 5 days straight and then back to it and so on, God delivered me from masturbating and watching porn.  It was amazing what this did to my life.  I was free.  And it was amazing!  No masturbation....no porn...not once... Although I continued to have temptation every now and then, it got weaker over time.  I kept praying every day and it helped me keep strong. Nevertheless I still had to deal with the effects of what I had done to my body physically and emotionally and mentally.  Porn watching and masturbating deadens you emotionally...so I was not prepared for the clarity of emotion I behan to feel.  It did not feel good at first but over time I began to get in touch with my anger and frustrations so I could control them.... My body also went through a detox process probably similar to a drug addict getting off a drug (porn is a form of drug, it literally does the same thing to you chemically that drugs do to create the addiction) so my body went through withdrawal...my hair got dandruffy, I haf tremors ect.  Most noticeably I had severe anxiety attacks, thoughts of death, and my bowel movements became off.  I was also tense alot.  Nevertheless, this started to taper off after about a year (remember I had put my body through ten years of nonstop abuse of porn and expelling semen almost every day---completely unhealthy).....so anyway,after about two years of absolute abstinence from porn I started a new job that was extremely stressful and kept me away from friends and family...because the work was so hard I stopped praying as much...over time I got more and more stressed until one day I got so stressed I had like another panic attack and I started watching porn again that day to try and cope with the level of stress I was experiencing (again masturbation/porn is coping with something missing in your life).  Moral of the story: take care of your mind, your body, and your mental and physical health...connect with friends and family and stay connected.  Learn about yourself and be good to yourself. For example, find out what makes you lonely or get you to the point where you want to masturbate and work on that.  Above all, keep the connection with Jesus Christ.  NEVER STOP PRAYING.  He brought me out and I should never have stopped the one thing that truly did deliver me.  Now im trying to fight again to overcome, while still in this very stressful job, but im determined to overcome and then I will move on with my lesson learned.  I hope this helps someone.  Please pray to Jesus Christ to deliver you.  Please somebody try him.  If everything has failed please try him.  It worked for me.  Read my story and learn how not to get caught up again.  Love you guys with a Godly love.  I know as humans we are weak but His strength is made perfect in our weakness. You can overcome.

I was able to fully give up masturbating
i haven't masturbate for once, when i got excited there is a erection but i do not masturbate , i know that it is not normal but i don't know how to masturbate
bro, its human nature...and like u mentioned it so clear that its really hard resisting temptation especially at a point when u believe in God and do consider that such acts are borne out of sinful nature and is wrong and gives the guilt. With all the dampen feelings of ones own anxiety it gives u a temporary escape but dude i guess it would help u alot more if u begin with the quest to find your true love if u haven't and make ur weakness turn into ur own strength and share ur entire self in goodness and weakness and strength with the one ....may be that could be the redifining of ur life....just a thought bro consider share ur life with someone. Its the most auspicious thng in life
Hi, I have tried giving up many times and I am 37. like you I have prayed many times for Jesus to help me, but I always fell back into sin and watching pornography.
Anyway throughout that time I have sinned in many other ways and kept doing it regardless if I knew it was wrong. These weren't what many people consider big sins but i was rebelling at heart. Anyhow in the last few weeks I have turned from my sins and have not masturbated in the last 3 or so weeks. I have had my ex girlfriend here and not been tempted. I have also been highly sexed so this is quite a miracle.
I beleve the key to stopping is to cry out to the Lord and to make the decision to turn from all your sin and repent, no matter how small it may seem to you
If you are sincere you will receive the holy spirit and will have the strength to overcome anything.
If I can give up, there is hope for others.
Admit your faults to he Lord and repent ot them and you will be given strength.If you slip he is there to forgive you aainif you repent. Believe that with all your heart and follow his commandments, all 10 of them. You will not need to do it anymore.
major trouble with it though..if you have EVER washed  the laundry or experienced the stinky crusty/soggy/slimy (however you wanna put it ) stench which is a post-wet dream then you WILL know that masturbation is ok.

Religiously if you feel guilty for doing so, go take a shower, cleanse yourself and then pray that you have washed away your dirty thoughts and ask for forgiveness of your sin and pray that you may continue to be a good person.
You will be fine.

note. Whatever the dream it IS NOT worth the clean up..

You will be fine.

How did manage to stop coz i have tried all those enlisted but i keep going back.Thanks
Crazywillie, Ted Bundy was a psychopath. These people have a physiological difference in their brain which means they have no empathy or conscience, this fact is fairly uncontroversial in science.

They lie and hurt without remorse and love to confuse and mislead. Some psychopaths have difficulty restricting their actions, when combined with a lack of a moral compass this leads psychopaths inteo many avenues of depravity such as serial killing, serial rape, torture, spousal abuse, etc.

Ted Bundy was a psychopath and you can not blame porn for his actions. He more than likely mastered that sincere appearance to try gain sympathy to get out of the execution (it failed but a lot of people felt sympathy for him)
my husband and I have been married for a few years. I am 5'10 half black half chinese. We have two beautiful childern nice house two nice cars..I know the american dream right. I tried changing everything about who I am to make him want sex for years now. Even tried watching porn with him...said it was disguting and turned it off..tried lingerie..coming to bed a** naked everything. Still nothing. Yesterday..( last weekend we finally had sex..and Im thinking we would be ok..after three months of not) while I was online I was looking for a wedding band to replace the one he already has because when we got married we didnt have the money we do now to get him the one I thought he deserved...and bam in your face ...20 porn cites hit me in the face that he went on twenty minutes before he sent me a card saying how much he loved me.Then went onto regular cites..then ten minutes later again with the porno cites. How did I find out I had saved the ring in the history so I would be able to go straight to the site order and get shipped. I dont get it..very sad because it wasnt Black/Chinese women he was looking for it was Iranian ameteur porn. Which to me it didnt matter the ethnicity it was the fact...he wasnt coming to...much less in on around from a distance..well you get it..me. So now what to do. And if you are going to be mean please dont reply. I understand everyone does it..even I do but waking me up at night shaking the bed and saying he did he was asleep or calling me crazy..I dont get. I am really hurt to the core of who I am as a woman a wife and a lover. Thank you for reading.
I have been masturbating since my teens and I feel that it makes you weak on many levels.  The time I have stopped I felt focused and determined.  I felt more aggressive.

I have tried searching for affects of masturbating, but never fond anything negative, but I feel that it causes you to loose your edge.

I have wanted to stop, but I seem to have an addiction to it.
hey i just want to no what is worng wit me if anyone could tell me that would be great well im just gone 18 ive be masturbation since i was 14 and now my penis wont get hard like befor when id see a hot girl it would get rock hard now it dosent seem to borther me and its worrying me a like becoz im just gone 18 and this is realiy geting to me i just feel like ending my life over it. If anyone can let me no if i can get help or this can be fixed pleas rite and let me no cause its driveing me nuts
Actually masturbating is this bad.For men,you have a constant hate for women that you cannot explain making you to be women serial killers either physically or mentally because you tend to view women as useless just there to spend your cash and feed on your flesh and you do not see what they give back.(I toil to give but what do i get type of questions in your head).What have you done to your self?No social life and depression sets in your life.You then become a drunken master ****ing all ****** in the back streets for you do not want any news to spreed how bad your sex is.For women,they say how good it feels to have no man to stress her life in there gossips and that a man is no different  from a dog then at night she either holds the teddy bear to her self,burning in passion in her or goes to the usual temptation island,forgets to ware protection because she wants to feel the thing.And the sequence continues in both cases.Then diseases (STDs)follow with a bunch of single parent raised kids who turn to be untamable thugs and prostitutes.Solution:Get a person of the opposite sex that you love and get along,to share sex with,walk in the park and good company and my promise to you is happiness will over shadow your sadness by fare making your life meaning full.cheerz
I'm a 19 year old, having problems with masturbating as well. I don't do it very often, barely once or twice every week, but I feel terrible about it. Basically because I can't stop doing it.
I don't remember when i started, I was like 14 or something, and tried to Google search women out of curiosity. I was disgusted at first but opened it again some weeks later and so on till I masturbated. It felt good so I couldn't stop ever since.
I read around that masturbating isn't harmful or anything, just psychological side-effects, but I don't feel that way. Every time when I finish masturbating I feel self contempt. I'm not used to being weak and unable to do something, so this is really annoying me. another problem I have is loss of concentration and lack of interest in anything. I can't live my life normally as I used to, and I can't focus on anything, I'm always exhausted and want to be left alone. Also, I can't treat girls normally, my mind always goes to sex when I talk to girls, so I rush to end the conversation. It's really frustrating 'cause I feel like a coward, and it's not fear.
I tried to stop gradually, started by 5 days without masturbating, 6 then a week, but I've just done it twice today so that's why I'm depressed right now. I know the solution to this is will power but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you...
i m a boy n masturbate everyday since m 12 yearz old now m 17 is this effect my life daily i masturbate but some one please tell me the way to reduce it n finish this activity
A few weeks ago, I read an article saying that watching too much porn can lead to erectile dysfunction when trying to have sex with a real woman.  I've been a porn addict for about 10 years now, and this is a pretty scary thought considering that porn is so very addictive.  And it makes sense because I've noticed a need to keep searching out for "bigger" and "better" things to satisfy my urges.  I've quit watching porn for almost 2 weeks now and I think my erections have gotten much harder than when I was masturbating to porn.  

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem
Hey I need your help. I havn't masterbated for 1 month and and 3 days but
I have had wet dreams every week how can I stop this. I want to stop this before 2012. I havn't watched porn in a month as well, so I really need your help as you know alot
Been yanking for over 47 years... has not diminished one bit...in fact it feels better now than ever... 7-12 times a week... with my wife as well.
I also recently learned that I am multi orgasmic... which is out of this world in satisfaction... it takes practice and drives my wife crazy with pleasure . She is also  multi orgasmic... (up to ten orgasms in a row while playing with it) don't even think of sex for at least a day, sometimes longer.
Concerning porn... as long as you control it and it not control you... I see no harm in it... I found out that nothing matches my own imagination... far far better than porn will ever be.The longest I have ever stopped was about a month. Damn near drove me crazy, couldn't sleep, lost appetite, irittable, lack of concentration for the first three days... but eventually leveled out. I can control it... but choose to  enjoy what God gave me and my wife. I am healthy, work hard, and play even harder...B/P 110/65 average... not over weight and exercise often. At 57 years of age I can honestly say I have never enjoyed yanking or banging better in my entire life. as for those that believe they have a problem with masturbation... thats up to them... for  them to decide... I wish them all the luck in the world and my heart goes out to those trying their best... they will succeed for what ever reason.
I just read your comment... this is where we should all draw a line on porn.
When it interferes with a loving relationship and causes problems such as yours. My fellow friends... flip this around... what if you found out your wife was more interested in porn than making love with you... what the hell?
How would you feel? ask your self the questions that must be going on in this beautiful womans mind. Would you feel inferior? Ugly? Not attractive? Not wanted or desired? a thousand questions must be going through this ladies head and for what reason, the answer... compulsion? addiction? lack of love? what is it? only he knows. But how does she deal with it?
The pain is terrible, she is hurting inside and all because of his actions... his choice... addiction or whatever the excuse. Bottom line... if he truly cares he will seek help and stop what he is doing and begin loving this wonderful woman as he should. He needs help... but he must first understand that it begins with him. not anyone else... Not having sex for three months shows a problem right away,and resorting to porn is no excuse. If there is a problem in the marriage it should be dealt with up front not behind your back. I would be suspect if I and my wife went three days without sex... and so would she... yes I know everyones different... but three months...? I hope you seek a marriage counselor and wish you all the luck in the world.. at least you care enough to post your concerns and cry out for help. It sounds as though you are a strong woman.. so go for it.
First of all... we understand and accept the fact that masturbation is normal for both genders. Where we have our links crossed concerning the addiction, compulsion, blame gaming etc. lays within our own minds.
For example Ted Bundy used porn as a scapegoat... an excuse to deter and confuse.. to prolong if you will... his own demise.
The fact is... we as human beings are responsible for our own actions... we choose as individuals to watch porn, masturbate, etc.
It is our choice to act on impulse. Self control is the key answer and blaming the young lady that bends over showing us her *** that causes us to masturbate is nothing short of escaping reality.
No one forces us to watch porn... it is by our own choice.
No one forces us to masturbate... it is by our own choice.
But to blame others, porn, or the girl next door is nothing but B. S.
I understand that excessive masturbation and watching porn is addictive... but lets keep it in perspective. Ask your self the question...Does my problem affect who I am or who I am with, my everyday responsibilities? If the answer is yes... than you have a problem that must be contended with by a professional. Yes... anything taken to obsessiveness is probably going to hurt you in the long run...ie. finding greater highs, more graphics, etc. but you still are in control... you do have a choice... more important
you need the inner strength to self control... the key answer.
Self control comes deep within our hearts and souls... easier said than done ... right... yeah I know... I've been there.  More key words... self confidence, self worth and self esteem. Stop blaming and start doing, you can do it, just dig deeper and you will find it.
Hey guys, just wanted to say that it's really nice to know I'm not alone. I've been addicted to P & M for a long while. I'm doing it 4-5 times a week. M since I was 12, and P for about 3 years. I am 20 and it's been somewhat damaging to me. I'm striving to become a religious Jew, and it seems like P&M are my current biggest obstacles. Lately, the biggest period I've been clean for was 6-7 days. Like many have said, just trying to say 'no' and restraining oneself as hard as possible will only lead to a bigger and worse relapse. Locking Porn on the laptop? I'll use 3G on my iPhone. I don't think closing a few doors is the path. I must find the 'root'. Why do I masturbate? To me, I think it's because I feel bored, lonely and sometimes depressed. Maybe the best advice I've heard was from a friend who actually quit masturbating. He told me: "Get busy, don't stay home". Truthfully I stay home all the time ever since I quit work, or at least, at the worst time: the afternoon. Nobody is at home, I get a lot of privacy and the rest is consequence. Also, my home is quite dimly lit which I suspect it depresses me quite a bit. Find a GF? Idk, sounds like I'd be even more aroused.

Funny as one of my obstacles to stopping M is having to wash my underwear and give it to the maid at home. I fear one day my mom will ask me what is happening with me wetting so many underwear (silly I know). Even as I wash I don't let it dry, I really have to leave home early for college (7am). However, I'm beating that. I had a wet dream last night.

As for religious concerns,the interesting thing is that Onanism is not the reason for M being forbidden in Judaism or the bible itself. Onam's sin was hatred against his brother, not masturbation. Although masturbation IS forbidden in Judaism for other reasons. But still, above all that, it's easy to understand why one has to stop it. It takes away the power of being in control and acting rationally. Also, it is a self-destructive behaviour. I always feel like I've taken a step back as I drowned on M.

Although I always get back on my feet, I feel like I can't keep going like this, even for a shorter while. In fact, I'd like to end it before getting married.

I really liked this thread, it's full of people like me, trying to heal, and better yet, filled with many who have recovered or are recovering.
Anyway, I hope to post my progress here soon. I'm thinking of going completely absent but with different approaches:
-I'll try to stay busy and outside home during the worst period (noon to 4 pm, after that my parents get home)
-I'll do more sports (I've been extra lazy lately)
-I'll do more social stuff (I've had few social activity lately)
-I'll use a backup plan if temptation spikes (read 2 chapters of psalms, I'm thinking 90-91)
-I'll take a quick shower (it's the usual setting for M) and I'll forbid myself of carrying the cell phone to the toilet.
-I'll stop looking at porn or arousing pics.

Well I'll just keep trying. If I fail, I'll get back on my feet again. The important thing is to move in the right direction. Done with the 'laissez-faire' lifestyle...
I'll be back and post my progress.
Peace!
im new to this and i went to a doctor so now im coming to you guys, i think i have some sort of porn enduced e.d, thats what i think anyways ive been looking at P and M since like 12 recently i would do it like 2 or 3 times a day i tried to have sex with my gf for the frist time and well before that we would just mess around and i had no problem getting aroused and staying like that. I would actually get aroused many times and no problems staying up. So when we tried having sex for the first time i couldnt stay hard anymore like it slowly started to to drop she tried to get it up and it just wouldnt anymore.

I dont know why it happened all of a sudden, But it stressed me and her  out. After that i decided not to look at P and M anymore its been like almost 3 weeks now and im wondering and somewhat concern i havent been able to get erect at all really not while out self stimulating myself and when i do it starts to go back down. Also it just looks like if it is lifeless I dont even get an erection when i wake up when i have to go pee. I get the urge at time to M but in my mind i want to but penis saids another story. Im wondering is this normal is this part of my recovery to having a normal sex life because ive been reading and people have said that not masturbating and watching porn helped them. I'm 20 years old and i shouldnt have to deal with this. Ive decide not to masturbate for three months and lay off porn for good.
Another example of porn possibly being used in excessive amounts that takes over your natural ways of being turned on.
The visions in porn has taken over your thoughts  and is somewhat controlling your stimulation... I have experienced the same thing and I am much older than you... it's kind of a head game between... sex with porn and sex with your girl friend... when I noticed that this problem started to show up I simply stopped all forms of porn and concentrated all my thoughts on my mate... it took a awhile... but it returned.
Porn is like an addictive drug... the more you watch it the more you depend on it to achieve your high or sexual arousal.
If you feel comfortable... try and talk openly to your mate... explain the problem to her and hopefully you both will be able to work it out....
I can see by the above comments that their is a problem with the use or over use of porn taking over our natural stimulation... hang in there... I think you are on the right track... Good Luck!!!
well i tried to but its like a touchy situation with her she thinks its her that i she doesnt turn me on anymore and i tell her its not her fault but she doesnt believe me and its stressing me out we dont joke around the same way and sometimes i feel uncomfortable to joke around in a sexual way  because i feel like it'll just cause some sort of awkwardness, and i find myself thinking about porn more like i visualize it not alot but like sometimes more then i ever used to
I had to get over the hump...(no punn intended) in order to regain control of the problem and re teach my body the difference between fantasy with porn and real sex with my babe... I know exactly what your going through.
Women take things personal and understandably so... at this young of an  age, and we would too if we were in their shoes. Maybe a sex therapist could intervene? It's worth a try... especially if you two are serious about a long and meaningfull relationship. Abstain and keep your self busy in Hobbies, work, sports etc.... keep that mind busy on the positive side... you can do it... I presume she is an attractive girl... focus on her and stay away from the porn
At least you have recognized the problem and trying to correct it at your age...Thats great!!!!  I don't know who you are... but I certainly can relate to your problem that you are facing.
When I was your age, we did not have the magnitude of porn available as we do now... no internet, it's hard to imagine the futuristic problems that this will cause... I wish you well...hang in there and don't give up.
Dear All,
I am 28, single. I used to Masturbate 2/3 times a week. A month ago, I have decided to quite. But when I tried to do it again a few days back, it didn't erect at all. I get nice dreams now a days, if I check my penis right away, its not erected.
one more thing is, when I talk to my girl friend over phone very closely, it erects automatically. But it doesn't erect when I try to do masturbate.

There was no change in my lifestyle for last one month except applying 'Ketoconazole' anti-fungal shampoo and cream (only external use). Soon after I noticed erectile dysfunction, I stopped taking the medicine. I wonder if this would have impact on my erection?

Should I wait for a few weeks to see if I come back normal. Please advise whet should I do to cure this?  
Please advise !
well... porn and masturbation is dangerous because it can distract you from real women. it can also make one depressed by frying ones brain with chemicals. it can be addictive. it can have unpleasant effects on sex life but WHY DO WE STILL WATCH DO IT?

we guys aren't always as stupid as portrayed. in most cases it's either caused by being too weak or being starved for sex. in the first case (and espicaily in a relationship) it is vital to take control of the weiner. no questions asked it's a constant strugle that must be won (read somsychology on overcoming addiction make shure it's written by actual sychaitrates). the second scenerao is not having a chioce but porn which as sad and pethatic as it sounds is painfully true for some people (me included). the reasons vary from the culture denying any relationship with the other sex other than marrage (very consertave religious cultures, don't be suprised where i live the only woman you will ever know is most likly your sister cousin or wife) or a socail disability or something else outside of ones control. does that make it ok, NO. it just means that it might be harder to fix but doesn't justify giving up.

some claim that masturbation/porn/prostitution is cleaner, more available or more pleasant, eduating (heck even cheaper) than real sex and it is unfortunatly true in very naraw aspects. but that doesn't make it a replacement, a hoby or an allowable adiction (addiction).

me bieng in the second catogery of having not much options. means that i have quite a strugle. the above thinking was to draw will power to be channeled at times of weekness when it most counts (hope it helps anyone). my problem is thankfully only porn and masturbation (a few times a week) i am an unmaried 20 year old. hope fully getting distracted with something else will do the trick. thanks to every one for sharing here
well just yesterday i saw my gf its been a while like almost 3 weeks since we are in a long distance relationship and well we started to mess around again and i would get an erection real quick but it wouldnt let me maintain it yet. I was wondering us messing around messed up my progress because it feels just like it did when i first experience it. I feel like im going to develop anxiety preformance because she doesnt let me touch her how she use to let me before, I ask her why and she just replies you know. It makes me feel bad and guilty. I feel like its my fault and it its actually that i make her feel that way.And when ever im wrapped up in bed with her its like i dont want to get an erection because im just gonna end up teasing her. I dont know what to do in my situation. She not being supportive I just feel bad. Im wondering also did i mess up my progress since me and her just mess around i didnt ejaculate or anything i just got sudden erections but they went down pretty quickly
How long have you gone without PMO now? Are you sure within that time you did not play with your penis at all or ejaculate?

It's also possible you can't get the old bad incidents (with your gf) out of your head. She probably can't get it out her head either...

A fresh start might be better for you, like a new woman who doesn't know your history or maybe not.... I know you want to stick with the same woman.

Maybe a little alcohol will boost your confidence or maybe you need to go a little longer without PMO.
right on ...

In HS I was considered a "stud" but was actually a dud.  Guys all thought I had it all.  6'4" 220 and built like a greek god.  After football practice and the community shower over, I could get a hard on just walking to the parking lot.  Took all this for granted but still worried about "experience and performance".  As time went on and I hit my 30's I noticed a few changes, same for my 40's but I hit a spurt in my 40's that amazed me.  Young college age girls coming on to me ... wow, what an ego boost.  It was like a drug.  So much of this is in the mind!  I am now in my mid 50's and can't perform ANYTHING like I used to but I had always struggled with PE and I think that due to excessive mastrubation from 13 on through my 30's.  
I am going to consider an ED drug, but people have told me that these things can not compensate for a healthy mind, healthy outlook, and a healthy relationship with your partner.  I would encourage everyone to work on those things first and not to worry too much.  Anybody whose life centers around their "unit" is having a PRETTY BAD life!  

I told a pastor who had been counseling me on relationship issues that I thought that SEX GLORIFIED GOD ... after all he created it!  Wow, the expression I got back was priceless.  He agreed with me but added that it is to be in the right context of a committed relationship.  Sex is a GIFT and a BLESSING ... when we start treating it as such instead of like blowing your nose or hitting the "all you can eat buffett" called internet porn, THEN we might all make progress and have the right viewpoint on it.    
right on ...

I posted earlier this month. I Just realized that most people having masturbation problems are actually spending too much time alone ( Me as well ) at home and just feel bored and lonely.
Well, I'm gonna try to make myself busy as hell then, like snowflake91 said earlier. Gonna join a sports team, Volunteer for some charity works, Start a project I've ignored for so long and maybe get out of town for a few days when I'm nearly stuck. Gonna forget all these troubles and concentrate on something else.
Hope this helps and gonna write my progress here, It's encouraging to be with people trying as hard as me :)
Thank you.
I have a question, Do all people whack off at some point of their life? Like... everyone does it but never tells anyone and stop later on? 'Cause I don't know whether we're just too "anxious" for sex or it's normal to desire women many times everyday?
Forgive me being so frank, but I've never talked to anyone seriously about these things.
9 days and counting. Already broke my all-time record I think.
The plan seems to be going fine, although I can't say for sure as my drive has been exceptionally low. It's good on one hand since I don't have to worry about M, on the other hand it's worrisome since you're not really testing if "it works"
Like some have said, the break point is when temptation spikes and you maintain your cool. Hope I can maintain mine when that happens.
Somethings that have helped me tremendously on quitting M:

-Make myself busier
-When going to the shower, just storm into the bathroom. Don't think twice and by all means, do NOT bring your smartphone. Just go inside, turn on the water, shower and leave.
-Increase prayer to G'd
-Leave the room very illuminated. My room used to be very dark, which really left me sleepy and depressed.
-Avoid being alone at home, at all costs
-Always leave the door of your room wide open
-Keep the focus, remember your plan everyday. If you haven't got a plan for quitting M, then now is the perfect time! Think on what to do if temptation spikes, your worst times and what you're doing next. Every day is a struggle.

@DreamSeeker92:
That's really cool man. We're all here for the same purpose. I think quitting M will provide you energy that should be applied in other parts of your life. Doing M is depressing and make us lazy and lonely…. Keep up the good spirits!
21 days and counting. i watch porn occasionally but when i get a hardon i dont masturbate to ***. I wake up everymorning with a boner and i am tempted to blow a load but i am sticking to the plan. i am an athlete so i try to keep my testosterone level up by just not masturbating to ***.

Good luck fellas
If you stop masturbating, what positive effects will that have on a person? Will stuff like impotency and leakage disappear with time? and if so how long does it take?

Can a hydrocele operation remove my penis leakage?
I have recently discovered that porn is not only so stimilating that it's like crack to the mind, but it also has other serious effects on the health of your mind. When I learned that a few weeks ago I stopped watching it, and will forever. So then I was just masterbating (masturbating) without porn.  And then a whole two weeks before thanksgiving break I was so busy with school work, as I'm going to college, that I didn't even have time to THINK about masterbation (masturbation).  then when I got out for vacation I went on a cruise and all of a sudden I realized my mind we crystal clear like never before, I was so sharp and witty, and all the kids on the cruise were surrounding around me wanting to know what I had to say, as all they were all of a sudden always the most awesome things.  It seemed I always knew the exact thing to do.  Everyone was following me, and I knew I was the leader, a leader that I had never been able to even imagine ever before.  I truly believe that this was because I hadn't masterbated in several weeks.

Then during the cruise one night towards the end, I became really horny because this really sexy girl was all over me during the day, which was something somewhat new for me, so I masterbated in my cabin bathroom.  Then next morning I lost it ALL.  I was awkward and couldn't really connect with people or think as well. It was as if there was a cloud around my head. Now I'm stopping for ever!  I want it back so bad.  If you want energy, mental clarity and vitality, and confidence, don't masterbate anymore.  Go have sex and everything, as that naturally boots confidence, but don't masterbate. And for gods sakes don't watch porn, that ***** you head up. Luckly if you stop for a while, either way, you will get it back, it just takes some self control.

And if you want a mind blitzer, just understand that your desires and lust for women and sex aren't really your true desires.  They are essentially programmed into your DNA for the purpose of perpetuating humanity.  If you want to expand your consciousness you should understand that.
hydrocele operation really ,i don't think u should opt for those kind of things , u should have control on u r self, it is easy to watch porn then getting a girl friend. why cant try for the hard part... enjoy u r relation, iam sure u will never masturbate unless u r dumped by u r girl....lol
    After reviewing and participating in the above.
          Question to all... Does masturbating take away our edge...inntellect...inner strength... our capacity to function under stress... our ability to be the best at who we are as a human
Does this mean if you never masturbated... you would be a super human being... with complete control over our own minds... always on top of every situation... being in total control at all times... I don't think so... it is up to the individuls profile, simple as that... it's up to you on how you handle it.
What is the answer? Are we all lost causes?... No...of course not... but we must not give up to control our selves for the right reason at the right time.
We are controlled by the females anatomy...the desire of it ... the companionship... the love and the emotions that revolve around it... that is meant to be....
If  you click on to something that trips the circuit that blows your load and you allow it to  become an everyday practice... then you probably are developing a problem... an example would be a fantasy within in your mind... or maybe the use of porn... keep in mind that fetishes are developed in the same manner... for what ever reason a man or woman becomes attracted to a certain part of the anatomy... be it... feet... breasts... etc. then focuses on it while having sex or self stimulation... practiced too long it becomes the only way they can become stimulated. Breaking the addiction or getting control of it, may require the help of a pro.

Do women experience the same problems? Yeah I know ... this forum is about ...(What happens if you stop masturbating) for men......but it does cause me to wonder..lol
In a relationship... the lack of understanding from a partner compounds the problem... this is where advice from a pro. must be seeked.
Do not give up... remember... two wrongs do not make a right... have faith in your self... and for those with more complicated problems... seek out pro. help...you deserve to feel better about your selves...become more confident... DO NOT GIVE UP !!!!
im not sure if i would call this an improvement but my gf was able to keep me aroused by stimulating me im not sure if thats an improvement its been already 3 weeks since i masturbated i told her i was not trying to but in the end i  just let her do it at first i was turned on at all but her touching me got me aroused before i wasnt able to stay aroused even when she tried to  but  this time i was im assuming its because i havent been watching porn or masturbating for 3 weeks now so im wondering also does this affect my progress? and also does this mean im improving cuz it felt good that she felt good that she was able to satisfy me.
Sounds like improvement to me...  the only way your going to notice a difference is testing the water... but you're on the right track...keep it up... no punn intended... sounds like she is willing to help you through this problem... great for her and you. I was very fortunate and have a very understanding wife that helped me through when I experienced the same problem. I concentrated all thoughts to my loving wife and blocked out sights and thoughts that interfered... it takes a lot of concentration to overcome the porn thoughts... but sounds as though you are strong enough to do it. Keep it all in perspective and relevent.
Whatever you do... don't give up on your quest, you will succeed!
Swimmer31, I totally agree with you. I do think that when you masturbate you lose some "spiritual energy". You just feel weaker. To go even further, I always felt there was some correlation between masturbating and the outcome of the day. Usually when I did it, the day as a whole would just be worse. Could be a psychological thing, sure. I'm certain my psyche plays a big role, but I don't feel it's only about my inner self. When I masturbated some issue would pop up. Either some stressing work from college or a fight with a relative or I'd just go through a 'tough day'. The clean days, on the other hand, tend to be much better.
I don't think you become a superhuman as feelingfine pointed out. But I do think you live a fuller life and have it all much easier...
What do you guys think?
The question comes to mind... would those issues become apparent whether you masturbated or not... a matter of coincidence?
Knowing that we are all different in our Psyche... but all have the same question in common. Overindulgence  in anything will cause problems eventually... be it Masturbation, porn, ice cream or otherwise.
My most noticable effect concerning Masturbating or simply having sex with my wife is that it clears the thoughts and I become more relaxed... not on edge. My wife has noticed this better than I.  Talking to several others that have not Masturbated for several days or in some cases weeks... they have conveyed a feeling of anxity, depression, and to some degree... feeling sick...a sort of blue ball effect. Once relieved... the symptoms go away.
Preoccupying our thoughts of sex... or the natural need... impedes our progress in our daily activities. This is more apparent in the younger age group of men... I remember being in my teens, twenties, thirties and forties ... the difference as I grew older and more concentrated in my careers or activities.. yeah I know the question... did my sex drive slow down?... absolutely not... infact... it went the other way. As I started out very young, loosing my virginity at the ripe age of 10... way... too young... but it happened... masturbation became a focal point... 4-5 times daily without porn. Later in my middle teens...  16 to be exact.. I worked on a cattle ranch... for 3 wonderfull long summer months alone with the owner.. a beautiful 28 year old woman who had inherited the ranch and was trying to make a go of it. She was recently divorced and to make a long story short...she educated me to the fullest... I learned more about a womans anatomy and how to please her than most men twice my age... an asset?
Three to four times daily was not unusual... at times I questioned whether I was hired on as a working cowhand or as a stud for hire. Room and board plus a pretty good wage... not bad back in 1970. Did my work ethics suffer? My concentration diminish? All I can remember was at the end of a 14 hour day working... I was ready... and so was she. I never worked so hard in my life for the end of the day.
If we all could run an anylitical chart as to our daily activities and be honest... maybe it would show.
The problem exists in overindulgence and placing it in perspective.
All of the above is proof that a problem or question exists. and just to think... at my age I am still learning... what a wonderfull life.

i want to know dat after how many days did  wet dreams  occurs????????????? please tell exact days
Hello everyone! I'm new here and started looking about my solution all over the internet but couldn't find anything. Just a bunch of people offering some useless herbs and medications which won't help you whatsoever. I've done a kind of "research" and found out something very interesting.
I'm 18 and been doing this since I was 9-10 and hadn't noticed any problems whatsoever but recently (in fact three days ago) I had minor urination problems and considered it important.
My grandpa(75 y.o) has severely increased prostate volume(around x15 than normal) and has to go to surgery. The problem is he is very weak (has multiple sclerosis) and practically unable to walk. He has to go to toilet every now and then and it's a big problem.
Then I started thinking about myself (I didn't say I'm a little bit hypochondriac) and thought I had the same problem.
Once or twice a day was normal for me. But then I realized I'm addicted to masturbating and that my day couldn't have been fulfilled if I hadn't masturbated at least once in that day. I had "erectile" dreams sometimes but never wet. I figured out that my life has been totally subdued to my masturbation need and that I couldn't imagine myself not doing it. Whenever I would mast. I would feel guilty, I would blame myself and etc. Masturbating affects our nervous system more than you think it does and can leave significant problems if consumed frequently.
WHAT I'M TRYING to say is that we control ourselves, our needs and our habits. Imagine people who can't get rid of cigarettes. We are in the same situation.
I was so desperate at the times that I wanted to cut off my penis but then I would hit myself and say :"You fool, you're better than this!"
The key is determination. Say NO to yourself and no matter what you think of, be strict to that NO and STOP. You can live without it. It will be difficult for you in the first week or two but eventually you will feel improvement. Don't be desperate. Pray to God, say NO and live normal life!    
Oh yeah, this also worked for me:
whenever you feel like you have to masturbate, play The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. It's gonna eat your free time... :)
hi. i stopped masturbating cos my surgeon advised me to. i had been circed 10 months ago and was too rough when masturbating so pain in underside of penis never went away. i think its getting a bit better now after 5 days not masturbating. i just had to masturbate yesterday and for the first time in my life was able to hold my   erect  penis in my hand. hard to believe but i had the circ cos i could never get the skin back over the glans (glands). feels a a lot better now and those anti circ people are very wrong about sensitivity. feels ok to me and its still a bit sore. hopefully all will get better. any comments on this appreciated. even derogatory ones! cheers kevin
This is my first post, i am 20 years old and have been watching porn since about 11. I became obsessed with masturbation, but what young boy isnt fascinated by their penis and the pleasure it can bring.. however now i have a girlfriend a girl i really love and she despises porn, she has only masturbated twice in her life and both times have been since me and her have been together. i have encouraged her to masturbate due to her lack of a sex drive to bring her up to par to help satisfy me.. and i feel guilty about doing that because we are in a relationship and i cant expect her to go 80% and me 20% or her 90 and me 10. i need to meet her 50/50. i feel my day isnt fulfilled without ejaculation, i wont masturbate when she is around unless she doesnt want to have intercourse or give oral.. but when she isnt there im back at the porn on average i will ejaculate 2 times a day. one thing i feel is that i have a high sex drive and hers is low. but i dont know if thats true sometimes as well sometimes i feel its that she has a low and i have an average or visa versa. me and her are truely in love but this sexual barrier has put alot of stress on mine and her relationship. im happy she has tried masturbating for me to hopefully increase her sex drive, so its a mental thing where if she is aroused she doesnt have to go without pleasure, since thats what she was so used to doing. then another problem is that she really physically is unable to have sex with me more than once aday and usually asks me to *** when we are engaged. i feel like such an *** because of these sexual barriers......
im not sure if this was completely on topic for this forum but if anyone has anything to say about this would be awesome and greatly appreciated
Hi everyone, I am 30 years old and have had a masturbation problem since high school.  I masturbate 1-2 a day.  I have tried many times before to stop and usually lose the battle around 2 weeks.  I am currently trying stop again and am on day 8.  I have doubts it will last, but this is the first time I have gotten this far and feel I have the strength to last.  Within the last year I have accepted Christ and you truly believe by relying on him I have the strength to not do this sin in this way anymore.  I know I'm still early in the process only 8 days, not to hard to get to 8 days, but I know by relying on the lord he will provide a way for me to beat this so that I can endure this challenge.  If you too are a follower of Christ I encourage you to read scripture and rely on the lord, and I think this process will be easier.
One more thing.  Was wondering what others out there think of confessing to your wife that you masturbate?  Does anyone think this is a good idea and would help in the process?  I struggle with this idea for she does not know.  She may assume I don't know, but I doubt it.  
You didn't say how long you've been with this girl...  makes a lot of difference...  as to her feeling comfortable.
Foreplay... foreplay... foreplay... I can't stress this enough.
Great sex takes time... how long?... as long as it takes... any woman worth having is worth waiting for. I have seen women... been with women that never masturbated in their lives, yet were great lovers... they climaxed without direct stimulation... those were far and few between... on the other hand I've seen it go the other way in some cases... that is... they started masturbating at an early age but seemed not as responsive to actual sexual contact... so yes... I believe your question is relevant to the topic at hand... just a different angle. One thing I know for sure... never... ever pressure your mate... this in it's own... will cause more harm... patience is what it takes. You both need to give 100% to each other... you will see it in her and so won't she see it in you. That also means compromise... on both sides. Does masturbating promote more sex... a higher sex drive?
It depends on the person... what they have been taught early in life seems to play an important role as to their  acceptance of masturbating.
I beleive women are a little more complicated about this subject than we are... they are more reserved and tend to warm up to someting new at a slower pace... deep inside they may love the idea... but on the outside and the side we see... it 's the other way... remember... Patience.
I was taught at an early age to restrain myself... always please the women first... let her movements and feelings guide the way... eventually you both will meet in the middle... that's where giving a 100% comes into play.
I've made plenty of mistakes... too many to recount... one thing stands out in my experiences above all the rest... and that is, foreplay with lots of closeness and affection...sounds old fashioned doesn't it? maybe it does... but... it works.
Will it do more harm then good is your question... if you are bothered by the (secret) then by all means confess it to her.
Does she show signs of being repulsed at the word (masturbating)?
Approach it carefully... remember your words from above, (trust in the lord, the process will be easier).
Share this discussion with her? possibility... maybe... maybe not... it's up to you... delicately would be my approach with hopefull understanding.
You'd be surprised how many women masturbate without their husbands knowledge. Remember. you are not alone.
Hey! I honestly say that i left watching porn.And i don't like to think about sex at all.I wanna train my mind that it doesn't fantasize about sex.I don't masturbate at all.But  just wanna know if there's something wrong in not masturbating.Please tell me guys.!!!!!!!!!!Only Men can help Man!!!!!!  
11 days and counting.  It's been tempting at times, but still feel good about my ability to stop.
That's the spirit. Keep it up. If you got strong determination, it won't be that difficult at all.
i am also in the same problem of masturbation,what i think about this problem is that we have to make moves for us to change the habit cos i see it as a habit,though is not an easy thing to do.i have tried several time to come out of masturbationact but to no avail so friend one should tel me what to do even when i know it take individual effort to do that with the help of GOD
18 days now and today is a tough day.  Not sure why, my mind is tending to wander today.  Trying to stay busy.
Pray and read the bible everyday.  Put your faith in the lord and know he will provide a way out for you.
21 days, longest I have ever gone.  Now that I have made it this long, it seems kind of pathetic that I couldn't do this before.  
happy for you nelly.. but during those days was there any urge to fall again? nd how did you handle it?
I have to stop masturbating and pornography...somebody help me please!!!
Hey I read thru your Convo and found it a life saver that I'm not the only person who has suffered with this. My story is that I started very young I was like five years old and I must of done it twice a day every day for 13 years and sometimes I would do it more on certain days. I didn't always use porn my imagination when I was young helped me and moulded me. But maybe the reason people get ****** up into this **** is that they have to use porn. Maybe they need to start imagining it again like the good old days before t.v Internet and even magazines. The best is with your partner because you have to be open and honest with them and that is an orgasm in it self. Well the only reason I was searching this is because I have stopped masterbating (masturbating) but now I'm wondering is it unhealthy for me to completely stop I wouldn't mind stopping if I had a misses but ATM I do not so there's my question will I become infertile or get prostate cancer or will I completely fill out and kil everyone around me because I couldn't be comPletely secure with myself!!!
Dear thebusiness91

Never Mix Sex & Love.. dont force her for more Sex/Oral/Masturbation.

It is we who need to Improve and not deteriorate Better individuals
Hi All,

Had been searching extensive on the Net for some Actual Experiences on Masturbation. Finally found some very useful tips in this Forum.

Let me explain a bit about myself, Am Aged 28. Have begun Masturbation since 14years of Age. Since then have masturbated on an average twice daily.

Planning to work on Over-Masturbation and thinking to keep it in my Agenda for New year Resolution.

Although due to Over Masturbation, i couldnt spend more time on proper care of myself, but spend more time on Day dreaming.

Currently symptoms show that m suffering from Sebbhoric Dermatitis and Renal Engorgement. I feel both have been aggravated, emerging as diseases due to my negligence for the Self and Over-Masturbation,

though on sites i couldnt find any co-relation between Over Masturbation & 1. Sebbhoric Dermatitis and 2. Renal Engorgement/Varicose Veins but i definitely know there has to be a close connect.

Are there anyone else also suffering from any of the Above, pls do let me know. also do suggest how did you get rid of both of these even when you were Over-masturbating.

Hi All,

There have been questions in Many posts regarding linkage of Masturbation with Psyche/Sprituality.

Just wanted to inform all that this thing has also been confirmed by many Sages/Holy Spritual masters in India since ages.
So I don't think anyone has actually answered the question in the OP... The question wasn't, "is masturbation good or bad?" It was, "what happens if you stop?"

To answer the question, your balls won't get huge or grow in size but they will become very sensitive. And chronic blue balls can become a problem at some point. Not that it won't go away, but instead of needing arousal before getting blue balls it will just happen randomly. And even when it goes away they can feel sore or sensitive to the touch. As others have pointed out, abstaining will also cause wet dreams. Of course all this depends on the length of time you stop.

I know this because I've actually experienced it. I've gone for months at a time without masturbating (on several occasions) and it's the same story every time. I start having wet dreams (the longer I abstain the higher the frequency), I start getting sore/sensitive balls, I'll get blue balls randomly without any arousal, and on two separate occasions I found out the hard way that going too long can actually create such a backup that it can cause an infection of the prostate called prostatitis. I had to visit the urologist because I was having some problems (pain/discomfort) associated with the inflammation that the infection causes.

At this point you're probably wondering why I would abstain for so long. My answer is that, compared to sex, masturbating doesn't really do anything for me to relieve the tension. If I'm horny, I basically need sex to satisfy that urge. If I masturbate, the urge is only gone momentarily. I'll still need to do it several more times per day and the tension just keeps coming back. If I have sex, the urge will be gone and I'll feel satisfied for a while. At least for another week (even a couple weeks) or until the urge becomes harder to ignore. But I've found that because I tire of masturbating that I lose interest in doing it entirely. It's like I crave sex rather than just ejaculating. It's an entirely different need and it makes masturbating unappealing because masturbating doesn't satisfy that need. Luckily I've had a girlfriend since my senior year of high school so it's an extremely rare occurrence that anything like that ever happens. But over the years there have been those times where we didn't have sex for a while and my lack of interest in masturbating sent me to the doctor's office. But what better prescription can you get from the doctor than a prescription for MORE SEX lol. And now, after having that experience, I can't do that to myself knowing what will happen. So if I ever have to, I jerk it just to save myself from having problems down the road.

So, in short, don't stop for too long. It WILL cause you problems. Getting prostate exams are uncomfortable in the first place, but they hurt like hell when you have an inflamed prostate. And no one likes sore nuts, blue balls, or wet dreams multiple times a week. Or getting UTI's from a bacterial infection of the prostate.
I just want to say that I've done many things with masturbation. When I was religious and trying to quit, I failed because I kept having gay wet dreams almost every single night. I felt so out of control because during the day I would repent but at night, in my dreams I would become a beast. Fast forward to now, I'm not religious and getting a wet dream is rare... lol.. It really is all in the mind. I think there is a correlation between SELF-acceptance and addiction. I know that when I FEEL lost (not really accepting where I am), I masturbate more than usual. The important thing is to not feel bad about it. Everyone gets addicted to masturbation at one point in their lives or another.  
thank you crazywille... I am 19 years oldboy and was going through same. now will try to recover
I stopped a week ago. I stopped because I felt I was wasting all my sexual energy watching porn and jacking off. And because I was doing that a lot; I was failing to find any interest in real people and real sex. I'm hoping by stopping looking at porn I will again find my natural interest in sex again and then once I start feeling horny I will wank again but using only my imagination. So far I have only had a couple of sexual urges and I have resisted the porn and the wanking. No wet dreams yet. A few more days and I'm hoping I will be getting normal sexual urges without needing the porn. Then I may return to natural imagination only masturbation; fantasising about real people in my life and revisiting fond memories in the wank bank.
you're being too hard on yourself. You're a horny young man. You don't need to worry about how you feel it's normal. However, you shouldn't push your woman into having more sex than she wants to. So, you have to choose either to keep beating off to relieve your sexual tensions when she isn't there for you or maybe you need to find yourself a partner who enjoys sex as much as you and who wants to enjoy your dic more often than your present girlfriend does? It's a great thing being young and horny so enjoy your urges.
Hi, I'm new here. I just came across this forum when I was searching about "quitting masturbation".
I'm 17 years of age, I started masturbation when I was 8, I guess, It was totally unexpected. I just somehow laid over the bed and was lonely, my hands just unoccupied then It happened. From that time onwards, you know, I became addicted. Sometimes, actually usually I feel guilty after jerking off, I do really want to quit so badly, but that kinda pleasure is so irresistible. When I get frustrated like having test or I'm on pressure, I try to clear of my mind through masturbating. So, The longest abstinence that I've ever gone, is 2 weeks I reckon. Usually after abstaining say, like 1 week, when I do it again. I like going crazy cause I can go until 3 times per day. So, Anyone can give me some advice on how to get rid of this habit or at least lower the frequency ?    
I am little confused on the effects of this.Can any one explain me in detail about it?

truck loads
You need to exercise and try again if you can build enough mental power then you can destroy your need for masturbating.
i have be masterbating (masturbating) from age 11 as i got older the more i do it 4 to 6 times a day the onley down side is i have a very sore gland i yous porn and yous web cam i can only stop it if i get sex,if i cant get sex my under pants get verey wet and stikey wich makes the gland sore, as im now 50 i have moved to the philippines where i have now a 19y/o girl frend now i dont do masterbating (masturbating) and no more sore/ gland, as i can have sex when ever i need it most days just 2or 3 times but sume day we dont have sex as i know i can if i want to. and now im happy, we are now hopeing to have a babey this year. im so happy.
i face the same problem can u pls give sme tips bcos if i do it i usually get into fight with with my girl....and i wont mastrubate for a week again i do the result is same!!!!!!so pls can u help me pls!!!!!!!
Dont yall fink having a galfriend would help stop ya addictionz?
I have been MASTURBATING sins 10 years old and i realy want to stop i can stop for a week or so then i find my self back in the bathroom and when i am done masturbating i feel so WTF am i doing i realy can't stop so plz help !!!
Your sex drive never stops, it only weakens with age or sexual activity.  Ignoring it is only punishing yourself.  True, if you're over masturbating to the point where you can't perform with a partner or it's not pleasurable then you need to cut down or go as long as it takes to regain a raging libido.  I went through the same thing of trying to quit for as long as possible.  I went a little over a month and my libido was raging.  What got me to kick it was my first sexual experience with a sexy lady where I couldn't stay hard and it wasn't the "greatest" moment of my life.  I had great sex after that month.  I learned to not make it a schedule to masturbate to, but to let my libido rage to the point where it's enjoyable.  The only time I felt guilt was feeling like I had given in to my stopping period and came to realize that it wasn't worth feeling guilt over.  
haveing a gf has stoped me i dont do it now
I've tried to minimize on masturbation but still im addicted to it..
I wanted to stop on doing it so coz i dont want on getting sick on it..
I will now stop watching porn and  stop everything that makes me pervy
help me out guys..
What should i do on it?
You guys who cant get it up are suffering from sexual exhaustion u have to supplement your self with zinc ( dont overdose) and yall are watching too much porn. quit today, it can take from 2 months to 2 years to recover from something like that. Stop masturbating. You guys can do it and if u smoking weed and drinking alcohol then stop that too because those cause the body and kidney chi to be acidic. Think of stopping as a sexual fast to reset your brain chemistry becaue everything is actually controlled from the brain. Ginko Biloboa(if I spelled it right) will help recover brain chemistry during your sexual fast. Nothing wrong with masturbating but excess can cause all types of problems depending on your health. Everyone genetics is different i suppose. Good Luck gentlemen
i am new in this community but it seems everybody has the same problem as me.since you all have figured some way out of this i was thinking you cold help me too.give me some suggestions.
READ THIS IT HELPED ME.Heres a different outlook to make you to stop. Don't underestimate your Testosterone its a powerful drug. Testosterone Makes you all that is Man. It Produces growth both muscular and bone, cuts fat, and basically does everything that makes your body great looking. testosterone can do that FACT(steroids). When you restrain from masturbating you testicles fill up. You are Enraged, aggravated, irritable, and just plain insane.(Everyone on this page knows this) When u fap all that anger is released and your calm and relaxed(testosterone down ). Basically testosterone is seeping from your pores and then 2 seconds later your fine.(this is not good unless you hate power) Every time your super horny go workout you will have Freak results. You will literally be out of your mind. You can eat an awful diet and still become stronger. On top of that; your overloading with test; and i dont know how, but women can sense testosterone( i guess just instinctive.) If getting laid is your goal. try plowing into a girl with overloading semen and frustration. You will destroy her and *** multiple times due to a full sac and aggression that's also a fact. Some of u may say "Masterbating (masturbating) increases you Testosterone" yes it does but only temporarily due to increased hormones and then it drops significantly bc Natures objecitive(reproduction) is met. If you dont masterbate your hormones go up naturally and stay. Please dont try and argue this. We all love masterbating (masturbating) and having sex. its just so obvious that this is what happens when you dont masterbate. Just use your common sense. I freak out if i go 7 days without it. Just use the energy untill its worth loosing it. M bating isnt worth it, Sex will be.
Hi everyone, As anyone I enjoy masturbating etc. I have penis problems at the moment and my penis head does not look healthy without going into detaiil. I wash everyday etc and have had STI checks. Anyway to help the problem I have read that abstaining from sex and masturbation can help. I am aiming to stop at first for around a month. Can anyone give me advise on how to do this? Im doing it not because of religous reasons but to help with my health issue. Thanks.
Dear gentlemen, I've been reading all your comments. I started looking down the can't keep an erection path because my husband of 20 years has a hard time occasionally. I discovered he cheated on me most of our marriage a few years ago. It came out that he started porn and masterbating (masturbating) when he was very young. This lead to abusing a neighbor girl,  who was retarded, when he was like 10. Later he watched lots of porn and masterbated. When we met our sex life was great. After we were married it became less and less frequent.  He tells me it's because the porn conditioned him to want someone different over and over. Before he knew it he was doing ****** and women at work all the time. He has caused me severe emotional pain because I love him and thought he was this great Christian. While I believe he is a Christian, this sin has wreaked our lives, and our children's lives because he confessed to them too. The whole emotional upheaval in our home has been devastating. His lack of satisfaction whith what God gave him I believe was caused by the porno. So think, think what it may do to your sexual relationship with your wife. She wants you to desire her, love her and cherish her. Even if your not married, once your hooked, do you really think you can just stop when you are married?  Your wife deserves all of you!  I don't know about the desires you men face, I hope you can find what you need in more constructive less damaging ways.
do not rely on your own strength but on God's.  if you beleive that Jesus has died for your sins and you have accepted him and follow what he says then believe the truth that you are forgiven and free. Get reading the bible and get reading the bible some more. there's no magic potion or magical routine to get you out of a habit only the freedom that Jesus brings into a person who is wholeheartedly devoted to following God in all he does. as the bible says "where the spirit of the lord is there is freedom"
52sweetendings

Feb 08, 2012
To: All gentlemen
Dear gentlemen, I've been reading all your comments. I started looking down the can't keep an erection path because my husband of 20 years has a hard time occasionally. I discovered he cheated on me most of our marriage a few years ago. It came out that he started porn and masterbating (masturbating) (masturbating) when he was very young. This lead to abusing a neighbor girl,  who was retarded, when he was like 10. Later he watched lots of porn and masterbated. When we met our sex life was great. After we were married it became less and less frequent.  He tells me it's because the porn conditioned him to want someone different over and over. Before he knew it he was doing ****** and women at work all the time. He has caused me severe emotional pain because I love him and thought he was this great Christian. While I believe he is a Christian, this sin has wreaked our lives, and our children's lives because he confessed to them too. The whole emotional upheaval in our home has been devastating. His lack of satisfaction whith what God gave him I believe was caused by the porno. So think, think what it may do to your sexual relationship with your wife. She wants you to desire her, love her and cherish her. Even if your not married, once your hooked, do you really think you can just stop when you are married?  Your wife deserves all of you!  I don't know about the desires you men face, I hope you can find what you need in more constructive less damaging ways.
************************************************************************************
lady,i feel so sorry for you.Alas,it has all happened.But you should feel  happy that you have such a honest husband who feel guilt for what he didIThis only means that he loves you a lot...Now do something and make sure he doesn't either masterbate or have sex with others.Try to seduce him in different ways.Get complete control of him, yes you can do it, women have this attracting power in them.He would always stick to you and love you forever.

About me:
I am much younger to you, not yet married, i have/had a girlfriend(yes i m not sure if i still loves me) we had great love for sometime and talked about sex.had virtual sex too and it got ruined when her parents came to know about it and she is just away from me since then.I just keep crying now and then and i am sure she will come back to my life again.

well,coming to the topic,i always had affection towards girls,sex etc yet i am a virgin(an introvert, a coward, uneasy man and foolishly romantic and she being the only gf i've ever had).I had wet dreams at the age of 15 and i started masterbating (masturbating) from 16 onwards.When i reached 20+ I did hell lot of masterbation (masturbation) watching porn,reading erotic stuff.I always confess to my inner mind(conscience god) and make promises of not doing it.I succeeded twice by controlling myself for 15 days, it was so fresh and energetic after so many days , i was loving life.Infact whenever i see women on road it bring some kind of pleasure to mind and it appreciates the nature given beauty of ladies  rather than pulling out the sperms for bitchy sluts in porn videos. Unfortunately after 15 days somehow the demon came again and forced my hand to pull the sperms out yet again.It feels very sad when it happens after all the battle i face by controlling the mind.
Now i make promise to all you people out here that i will NEVER ever masterbate again and wait for my girlfriend(my love) to return back to me and give her every drop of sperms left in me thus satisfy her completely and live a happy meaningful life.
It's 4th day of my new attempt.I will first beat my prev record of 15 days :) and then just add day by day,I CAN DO IT
i dont care about the wet dreams coz i am not responsible for them,if nature wants them to come, let it comet but i will stay loyal to my promise to all you people like me.
Let's face the battle and win it!good luck!
-Raj
I took an oath on the first of january to abstain for an year. I laughed at myself. I masturbated on the same day! :(. And i somehow controlled ejaculation, but still kept masturbating until the 15th of Jan and kept masturbating without ejaculation until the 1st of Feb. On the 1st of Feb, i took a strict decision to abstain. My abilities seemed to peek on the 6th and 7th days of complete abstinence (no masturbation or ejaculation). On the 8th day, i had some erections. You can`t escape them when you are young and see guys with hot girls and you alone being a single virgin :(. After coming back home from work, i felt urges to masturbate. But i forced myself to do something else. Frustration started building up. On the 10th of Feb, i completed 10 days of complete abstinence. Hooray!. But then, i went back to the habit. From 11th to 15th (today) i have been masturbating. That led me to ejaculate a few hours ago.

This time, i will try to go completely without masturbation or ejaculation from today. My first goal is to go clean for at least 15 days. I started abstaining mainly to subject myself in an experiment never done before. The experiment is to study the relation of Hair loss and Hair growth to masturbation and abstinence.
I will pray for you rajpes. Ask God to help you when you feel desires that are uncontrolable. No one can overcome addictions on their own, it's just too hard. Your girlfriend is blessed to have a man who cares for her like you do.
I am making it but it's hard because he has little desire for me, a good looking blonde 5"3 and average weight. I'm not sure how to make him want me, I've tried many things. Still praying God will redeem our marriage.
Hey everyone,
This is a real cool blog. I've been reading it for the past few days and its reassuring to know that other people are in the same boat as I am in. About me: I am 21 and single and have been masturbating since I was around 10. Recently I decided to quit for religious reasons. I have always been a Christian, but the realization that I am a lustful, sexually immoral person didnt really click for me until about a month or so ago. Today I am 3.5 weeks without masturbating, but I can't say that I really feel a sense of relief. I have had a lot of anxiety which I think is due to the fact that my body REALLY wants that release- that orgasm. I have had about half a dozen restless nights because of that anxiety and it really wears on me.

So far, I have yet to have a wet dream which I dont really understand. Does the body not want that release? I have contemplated masturbating to get rid of this anxiety, but I am fearful that I will simply be back in the same spot I am now in a few weeks, so what would be the point? My hope is that my body will start regulating itself somehow (with wet dreams is my guess) and this anxiety will lessen when that happens. Only time will tell on that one.

Anyway, what I have found to help are these things, which I hope will help at least some of you. One- get in some sort of accountability group. I am currently in one with a group of guys and we are going through a study on lust and its roots. I can say that its a lot harder to give into your temptations when you know you will have to report back to your group in a week. Also, its a freeing feeling to admit your secrets to people and get them in the open- it is definitely where the healing from addictions (masturbation, porn or otherwise) begins. Two- Exercise. You dont have to become some crazy body builder or anything, just try to get some exercise in every day. My experience with this is that when I run or do some sort of cardio activity, my body feels a ton better and my anxiety lessens. After exercising a few hours before I went to bed last night, I actually only woke up once during my sleep instead of several times like during previous nights when I didn't exercise. If you are looking for an idea of what to do, start out with some cardio activity (running, playing racquetball, an exercise bike, etc) that challenges you. For me, thats about an hour of racquetball with a friend of mine or a mile run and a short ab workout. I am not the most fit person, so that works for me. If you are more athletic, kick it up to 2 miles. The key is that you are challenged by it.

Thats all I have for now. Good luck on your endeavors, whatever they may be. May God give you strength to carry them out.

-gstep
It will decrease sexual intercourse when you maststerbate and it will increase sperm or it will make your genitals smaller
Hmmm as u dude said i fink the case is still in a state of doldrums..well as for me let call it frivolity coz if u can see it affect ones spirit of beleiving.so let hinder & stay away from it.
This forum has opened my eyes. I've given up for Lent and am on abstinence day 3 now. Caught about 2 hours sleep last night! I've also been looking at porn and saying to myself "It's ok mate, just don't touch it!", but already I've come to realise how pointless that is. It's like trying to give up smoking with an unlit cigarette in your mouth.

It's so great though to read everyone else's stories, because I can relate to almost all of them. I've been indulging in onanism since aged 12, I'm 23 now and only lost my virginity when I was 22. What worries me is the idea that it's been due to my habit. Has anyone ever thought that? Also, despite  having finally had sex, I'm still not pursuing a legitimate sexual relationship, because over the years masturbation has just become a routine. I clearly see it as a barrier to finding a girl, which is why I think it's the right thing to do to nip it in the bud.

What I think will get me through is this; instead of fighting the urge to masturbate, why not use the new-found mental alertness to hone your chatting-up skills and pursue a nice girl? Perhaps it's selfish to try and attain someone purely to release one's tension, but ultimately that's how I feel I'll get over this.

Good luck to you all!
Please masturbate beforea date,you do.t want to be minute man
So this is where I'm at...
I started wanking when I was maybe 12 or 13, I am now 25 and have been a steady 6 to 7 times a week kind of guy. Recently I started dating a fantastic girl and whether it is right or wrong I feel like I am cheating on her when I masturbate.  I have now gone for for over 4 months without masturbating, watching porn, or having a wet dream and things are building up.  At first it was really tough and then it wasn't so bad, now were back to holy frick I think I'm going to die.  What have some of you all done to alleviate the tension without rubbing one out?
Its a sexual addiction, and is quiet hard to break. At best you look to control it, never really getting out of it. Look up the Sexual Addiction website or even SLAA. And see if any of the questions relate to yourself. This addiciton is very taboo, and is not talk about enough. Myself I also have a sexual addiction to masturbating & pornography. At first it was grand, but then spent longer on the net, until eventually I got a hit from it, and from this hit you want more and more. For me keeping away from the internet helps. I know frustration is a big thing, but as someone told me you are hardly gonna die from it! Do something else, go out running, walking take your mind off it. Today I lapsed, obviously as am on the net. Very hard for myself to go longer than 3 weeks. I just say sure what the hell, seen as i havent done it for a while, sure why not. The problem is I get a hit from it, which could easily bring me back to my addictive behaviour. So after today no more internet for a while and if do need to go on it will time limit myself. Where are you all from?
Hey,

Glad to hear a fellow Christian doing the same, I am too.  I am struggling with temptation but I have managed well so far.  I did think whether it would be unhealthy not masturbating.  I would really recommend you to buy "Sex is not the problem (lust is) by Joshua Harris - really worth it!  I am currently reading it and has help heaps.  I feel somewhat my spirit more vibrant and happier.

Hope thats help!
I am really struggling with this. Every time i got the thought in my head and do it without any extra thought. I think it is becoming a habit that my body is just getting used to and this is not good. As I said before, I am really struggling and I cant find a way to deal with my problem. After going through with it, I feel really bad about myself and say that I wont do it again, but I end up doing it again, day after day, and it is really frustrating as I feel I have no power over this strong temptation. So now am joining this community hoping to get support from you guys. I look forward to stop my bad habit with this community and with your support, hopefully I do so. I don't know where else to go.
I can't stop, I do it everyday! I don't know why! It is so damn frustrating! Once I get a thought into my head, without second thoughts, I masturbate right away and I can't seem to control myself. I really don't know how fight against this temptation of lust, any help will be greatly appreciated.
i agree with everything you said!
if sperm come out twice in a week it would problem for health in future while child production???
I am Christian and I still find it hard not to masterbate. I know the consequences of my actions in life after death and I am trying to stop. It is an easy thing.
Masturbation is a very destructive force, nature does has not intended you to do so and waste all ur productive power!.

FYI, because masturbation is unnatural, it impairs eyesight, back problems, drying up of cerebro spinal fluid (with out which motor functions may cease) and on and on

you are supposed to get married and have legit sex with your wife stead of making your hand your wife...
I am stopping MB now. I feel like crap once i do jack off but before doing so i feel like i can jack off 200 times and wont feel anything...but twice in a row am im all soft and weak...so guys, brotherly advice, get married/relationship or get busy with other things than **** and ***** on ur mind...

Really its very bad for ur health!
Hi guys, I was addicted to gaming and after some friends advice stopped playing at all.
Seeing addiction can be defeated, I decided to use similar way to stop masturbating.
After some searching I've found this article
http://movingbeyondmpsf.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/the-sexual-obsession-cycle-a-map-of-self-pleasure-island/
It lists mind states cycle that moves person into masturbation.
After changing words here and there and adopting text to your own situation it's possible to unveil all routes that lead to masturbation, and redirect them so you'd never do it again.
My problem was treating people like sex objects, a mindset that didn't account others' rights, etc.
I've built questions that pop out during every state of this cycle, like "Am I a worthless?" "Why girlfriend left me?" "Why can't I have a girl whenever I need?". In my case it all boiled down to "I'm God and you are useless **** I can have anytime".
Of course masturbation over an image never makes one person any way better than other. Real sex too never qualifies people as such. After realising it, comes regret and self pitying like "I'm such a bad person","I worth nothing"etc. which leads to another masturbation cycle.
So instead of pitying myself on question "Am I a bad person?" now I ask "How can I become a better person?". Every time I catch myself looking at girl like a sex object, I tell myself "This person has as much rights as I have","We are in cafe/gym/beach and there are many others things to do in here besides abusing other peoples' rights". This isn't perfect set, I'm reviewing it as the problem cause clarifies. But it keeps me from masturbating, gives more freetime, better confidence etc.

My problem and goal is well clarified with this quote, if you think same, try following steps above, good luck.

"Dirty thoughts are fun. I bet the nun and the priest do it just out of earshot. What if ****’s Sporting Goods were really about games involving dicks? Those girls walking into Fridays right now dressed up for Prom Night would be perfect for Girls Gone Wild, and what better place than a Fridays, with customers like me watching? Heck, you gotta relate to the real world this way to give your porn some meaning, don’t you?
Then again, I’m not psycho. Dirty thoughts aren’t who I am. I don’t want to take my kids to the The Muppets and have to fight off dirty thoughts about the moms and kids around me."
....... im sorry you feel this way.

im married, have a great career, control the finances, and provide for my family. oh, i forgot to mention that i **** my wife once a day. women are attracted to providers, you just have to pick the flowers from the weeds. I hope someday you will be able to feel the amount of love i feel for my wife after twenty years of marriage, and after raising two beautiful children.
Go ahead. be normally cautious from whom youre receiving the so called "service". its normal for a man to want a female. just watch out for your health, stay away from porn, and abstain from masterbation (masturbation) (or develop a cycle, like once a week)

Our sexuality as men is basic and primal. we shall not ignore this, but we shall adapt it to modern civilization. i congratulate you on your accomplishments and bid you good luck
Hi everyone I've been dealing with the same exact thing as many of the commenters have. I'm 20 years old and a college student. A little bit of background. I had been yankin the hang low daily, at times more than once in day. Like everyone else I felt 'at ease,' after having done so. In retrospect; too at ease. This self stimulating habit was coupled with porn during most occasions. After having finished with the use of porn, I felt not only relieved sexually but in its place I felt depressed and 'hollow.' During this time frame of habitual yankin I had to motivation, wasn't happy, no urge to meet women i.e. too nervous and ashamed to approach women.

I've decided to tackle this head on for good and have been. I feel way more motivated and have a genuine feeling of ease and confidence in myself. Now, the sexual tension is present no question. Though I simply utilize and embrace it for what it is and that is, a challenge. The differences between yankin it daily to not doing it at all are palpable. I enjoy the tease that comes from seeing an attractive woman because it reminds of why I'm abstaining in the first place and that is because while yankin it like a mad dog I never really got wound when I saw said woman. Its refreshing to see a real life, living, breathing woman at grocery store purchasing cereal and get turned on haha. Being dependent on any one thing for satisfaction broke me down; though abstaining from that very thing, well, will build you right back up.

Now with all this being said; everyone needs to find their 'trigger,' their wake up call if you will. For me it was coming to the understanding that masturbation may not be necessarily 'normal.' Now before you turn away, take from this what you can and want. I had come across this article written by Marina Robinson that served as my 'trigger'.

Here's the link:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201105/weird-masturbation-habits

It's made me really grasp just how strange something considered 'normal' may really be; I found it very humbling and am running with it. Maybe you will to.
Haven't posted on here for a while.  Just wanted to report that once again, I haven't masturbated or had sex for 27 days.  Haven't really noticed any effects from the abstinence yet.  Had one wet dream which occurred after getting my 20th clean day.

The post above by SpanishTrampoline is a little concerning in that he developed prostate problems possibly due to his abstinence.  I am hoping to get sex soon though (just not with prostitutes as I've had enough of paying for it).

Unlike my period of abstinence last time early last year, I haven't been abstaining from watching porn though.  It's an activity I enjoy although I don't watch that much (just basically collect a lot of overpriced DVDs!).
I have read your post. Some post has given me a strong will to stop the masturbation Addiction and some did not but i would like you guys to best of luck and try to stopped it.

I'm here because Im addicted to masturbation and porn as well. I could stop watching porn or not to masturbate for a long time. It is that im just to scared to stop masturbating. Because 3 years back i was working at the grocery store at night. And those days when i had decided to stop the masturbation and watching porn. And i decided to stop it now. I was so happy that i could make it. But right after 3 week while on stopping my habit, i was standing, working happily at the store suddenly i start feeling dizzy, and my heart rate went up and i got scared so much. I could not breath and start having a panic attack. I feel like Im going to die. My heart rate was so high. Since that im scared to stop masturbating. Although at that time i was taking a medication for my heart palpitation as well. After that incident i went to the doctor and they have told me that i did not took a medication and that was a cause of dizziness, and panic attack. Now it is been 2 years. I have stopped taking medication for my heart palpitation and feeling much much better then before. But my only concern that. If i stopped masturbation, will i have that be feeling of dizziness, heart rate or panic attack? Or am i thinking too much.

I want you guys to tell me for those who have been stopped masturbating for 1 or 2 month.did you guys have any hard time or difficulty like feeling of dizziness or something else. If it is please share it. I need answer.
I am 63 and have been a chronic masturbator all my life starting at 11 before I could even ejaculate.  I had a healthy sex life in college and married very young at 21 and am still married to the same lady many years later.  We have not had sex or touched in probably 15 to 20 years.  I detest her smoking and her dislike for sex. We had kids quite late 35 and 42 so our daughter is just graduating college.  I have had a serious addiction to porno for easily 35 years and my fetishes have gotten more finite with each passing year.  I love big ****, red lips and nails and watching a womans vagina close up.  I found this website about a month ago and have since quite masturbating for a week but have fallen short each Sat and returned to the live porno models for my fetishes.  I did experience a renewed rational interest toward normal women and even looking at my wife differently but reverted to my porno for satisfaction.  I had radiation and seed implantation for prostate cancer, stage one, and now have dry ejaculation but have recovered to defeat the cancer.  I also have the genetic flaw of bph so it further complicates my urinating and sexual performance.  I am very active and play tennis five times a week.  I am not happy emotionally with my marriage and want to be single again, not for sexual reasons, but for my own freedom and doing things that I want to do.  We have had a very emotionally split relationship for many years and have had to stay together for the children and now that is approaching it finality.  I will retire in three years and really dont care about money but my wife is totally dependent on me for her life.  I would love to be able to quit the porno and masturbation permanently to see if I could return to normal sexual functioning.  I have had NO success with any pill, viagra and all of them but have long ago realized that I have a psychological problem and not a physical one.  Love to hear some feedback from anyone with a similiar situation.  I also joined the man to man prostate cancer support group and was very hahppy with the decision I made for cancer treatment.  bph becomes an increasing problem of greater potentail with age paralleling the frequency of prostate cancer.  I need to quit but am seriously dependent on my columbian ladies on xvideoslive.com............lack the will power to stop.  I do feel better physically when I did stop for a week at a time...........now it is sunday and I am starting all over.  I have an enormous sexual drive and always have had.  I am all ears and waiting for some feedback ...........anyone out there.
thanks
IT is good to hear from some here. First of all you have to find out or share with us your fear, that why you are leaving you habit of masturbation. Since you are 63 and i must say that it is very long time. I Think should have realize every time you try to stop masturbation that what will happen if you stop wont stop you. Like you said that you fell better after 1 week. It is all in our mind. If you go for 3 week or 1 month then you can do it :D
What happen doing mastrubating?
for those who are here and trying to stop masturbating. The first thing i will recommend you guys to find your fear first of not stopping masturbation. If you wont find or wont fight with your fear you will never be able to stop. And i will recommend all of you guys who will or are already commenting. They should tell their problem and it is our job to help each other rather then just telling what happen. I Think thats the best we can do here.
thanks
Hi guys I just read ur comments.............ummm i dunno what to say but i am 13 years old and i masturb daily i know i am doign a sin so i should stop it and never do it again please help me get rid of this habbit i started fo when i saw some videos in my father laptop 3 years back...
Well, I have experienced almost everything in masturbation. I did it at a very early stage when I was 12 year old. I did without watching porno. I have done it for several time a day and I have also tried to not to do it and i was successful for 2 years. I suffered a phase when I tried hard to stop it. I felt guilty during that whole phase. I have tried medication (which I couldn't find exactly and it was embarrassing for a 16 year old). I couldn't focus on my studies and I blamed masturbation for it. I finally stopped it but couldn't find a change in my behavior. However, I just became more shy and less sexual towards girls. I tried not to think of sex or related things. During those 2 years I faced too many wet dreams but they had pattern in my case, i guess the cycle, it had to be in 2 days, 3, 5, 7, 10 or 14 days and the order kept repeating. Couldn't find a medicine to prevent wet dreams as well. Later on I found out that this has given me nothing because many guys whom I considered better than me, even in studies, used to do it. So I picked it up again. This time I used porno as my medium for turning myself. Now I have several fetishes and fantasies. And woah, I'm a virgin as well. Though, its easy for me to get a girl but I just want to be like this. Sex I believe is a holy kinda thing or whatever. May be I am wrong there but I want to experience it like that. I sometimes do it excessively but usually its under my control. I feel that doing it after every 2 days is completely fine for me. I lose a significant amount energy after I get done. And doing it excessively leave me weak. Nowadays I do it when I want to feel special to get over stress or some bad situation or sometime even a good situation. I have had several fantasies over internet and I have almost had them all on net. I feel I am sexually very active person. Sex is the second thing on my mind most of the time. When i see some girl, sex is the obvious thing that hits my mind. Though it depends to some extent upon conditions and situations.
Having said all this, I want to tell you guys a fact that doing exercise really helps. It keeps you busy, utilizes your extra energy, shapes your body and makes you be concerned about it so as not masturbate. Masturbation I believe is a necessary action which helps in normal development of body and regulates the hormones of body which affects the personal behaviour to some extent.
Anyway, I have a problem too. Although, I'm a veyr sexually active person but there is this one girl about whom I can't think of sex. She is as prety as an actress but I still can't think of her in that way. May be I love her or something like that, but, I wonder why I cant have those feelings for her as well.
I'm a male who masturbated at least two or three times a week from ages 16 to 30. Sometimes I looked at porn, other times I just used my imagination. When I turned 22, I also started going to red light districts whenever I had money, because girls would not have sex with an awkward, nerdy runt like me for free. Until I was 30, I felt weaker, dumber, and less capable than other guys. They all seemed strong and fierce and hypercompetent.
I was physically small and thin, pale, with bad posture, hush puppy eyes, and had never played sports. If you put me in a random group of 50 guys, I would be the weakest. I was constantly bullied at my job and on the street by everyone: family, accquaintances, strangers, male, female, young and old. I had no real friends. I was yelled at, shoved, laughed at, called awful names, menaced, sexually humiliated, etc. I was bullied out of two jobs that weren’t even very good to begin with. It was a living hell.
In my late 20s I had stumbled onto a website that advocates complete celibacy for men from a spiritual perspective. This site inspired me to become celibate when I turned 30; I was so wretched that I was willing to give up sex if I could strengthen and evolve myself. I quit masturbating, looking at porn, and visiting prostitutes. I also quit smoking. Then I started weight training, hardcore. I had lifted on and off before this, but never made any progress beyond beginner gains.
In the first couple of months of celibacy, it was hard to restrain myself from masturbating. The first few weeks were the hardest. I took it one day at a time, crossing off each “pure” day on my calendar, considering each 24 hour period an impressive feat. After the first couple of weeks, I felt much less desire to masturbate, and after a couple of months I attained a sort of equilibrium where I had almost no desire to look at porn or masturbate.
In my sixth year of celibacy I fell down, and had sex with several girls I met from chat. On the mornings after I had sex, I would feel this awful emptiness in my lower belly, as if my energy had been drained. My mind would feel sluggish and dull, and in the gym I'd only be able to lift 70 or 80% of what I'd previously been lifting. After each ****, it took me about two weeks of excruciating work to recover my strength levels.
I masturbated two times in those six years because a couple of girls from chat practically begged me to *** on webcam. I found out one of the “girls” was actually a guy. I never felt the urge to masturbate on my own, the idea of doing it seems contemptible to me now. I only had two or three wet dreams a year. I should actually call them “nocturnal emissions” because I never dreamed about sex, I would just feel a buildup in my sex organ (which sometimes wasn’t even erect) like I had to urinate, and semen would come out.
I'm now 37 and have been lifting weights since that day of resolution. I'm usually one of the stronger guys at the gym. I gained 13 kg (muscle and some fat). I never took steroids or even prohormones. I'm in the best shape of my life and I look younger than I did ten years ago, younger but at the same time more manly. When I don't wear my glasses, I get looks of interest from girls in their 20s. I still have a long way to go before I can really call myself “strong”, but I know I will get to that level.
Emotionally, I think I’ve learned what “passion” and “burning desire” really mean. I can actually feel the hot, built-up sexual desire roiling in my lower belly, desperate to come out as sex or aggression. It’s like a savage beast inside me giving me anger, power, and maybe even an aura, like the auras around martial artists you see in Japanese comic books. When I’m around others, especially women, I try hard to keep that energy inside myself (a grown man’s raw, urgent sexual desire is obviously embarrasing in the workplace, public transportation, and restaurants) but I think people can sense it.
I'm not afraid of conflict anymore. Even if someone is bigger and stronger than I am, I can look them in the eye and stand up to them. Why? Because I have more anger and self-control than he does; he probably masturbated or had sex his wife or girlfriend a few days ago. In fact, the bigger and more successful he is, the more likely it is he had sex recently. Also, I feel strong enough to endure any abuse that I’m able to  inflict on others. I'd rather be beaten up, shot, stabbed, maimed, imprisoned, or killed than be a timid sheep like I was in my youth.
My mind is more active, I learn things faster, and I’m confident that I can learn and master anything if I put in the effort. Formerly, although I liked to read novels, I had been a slow learner and wasn’t able to concentrate for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I grew up in poverty and ignorance while seeing rich people enjoy wealth and status, but now I know I can achieve wealth. I’m reading business books and I get new business ideas frequently.
I've decided to resume my vow of celibacy for the rest of my life. This time I’m dead serious; I will tattoo “shoot me if I have sex” on my forehead if I have to. The abuse and rejections I underwent in my youth have made me wary of conventional relationships, and people in general. I believe any improvement in my life has been due to saving my sexual energy and using it for constructive purposes. I will continue my weight training and also take up judo or brazilian jiujitsu and get a black belt in five years.
Based on the foundation of celibacy, I’m submitting myself to further disciplines and austerities that are almost as challenging and radical; such as waking up at 5 am, doing 108 bows every morning, meditating at least one hour a day, vowing nonviolence, and being vegan. I believe these practices will channel the unruly sex energy into spiritual development. After an unhappy childhood and youth, I feel my real life is just beginning.
By reading your post, it gave me a strength to quite masturbation forever. Although, It is not an easy as well. But not impossible. From the past 2 week i did not masturbate, yesterday when i came home from work and saw myself alone at home. Now i need to go 2 weeks again. For me It is not hard to quite til i get 1 month, but i dont know why i get scared in 3rd week. I think i have phobia.
Musicster, I'm glad that I was able to inspire someone. You have my full support. I think one has to be extremely radical and creative in defeating this habit.

During the critical first month, ruthlessly block out or avoid anything that leads you to masturbate. You may have to go outside your usual lifestyle until you can resist the temptations of daily modern living.

Here are some things to avoid completely:
-Browsing the internet at home (the temptations are just too great: porn,  chatrooms, youtube, dating sites, humor sites, etc.)
-Any type of porn
-Looking at womens' bodies
-Going to places where there are a lot of attractive young women (the trendy areas of the city, bars, clubs, coffee shops, malls, universities, red light districts, etc)
-TV
-Magazines (especially men's magazines like esquire, fhm, etc.)
-Novels (they tend to inflame the emotions)
-Movies (also inflame the emotions)
-Low-minded, sex-focused people
-Pop, rap or rock (the rhythms and lyrics seem to arouse lust and aggression)
-Being home alone; stay outside in a public place until you are ready to sleep.
-Comparing oneself to others, such as the "cool" guys with pretty girlfriends. most of them are Machiavellian douchebags who just get girls because they have looks and money and won't take "no" for an answer.

Here are some things to actively do:
-Keeping the mind pure and focused on higher things
-Associating with high-minded, respectable people
-Exercising (gym, jogging, sports) to blow off some of the excess energy
-Being outdoors in nature as often as possible (in a park, etc)
-Listening to uplifting classical music or religious talks
-Repeating positive affirmations (whatever works for you, e.g. "I can do it", "I am pure", "I am strong", "god is with me") throughout the day, and especially when in bed
-If being alone at home is a major problem, ask to sleep at a friend or acquaintance's place.

I've never had any anxiety or heart palpitations in the third week of abstaining. If anxiety attacks are a major concern for you, you could masturbate once every three weeks. That would be pretty reasonable and respectable in itself. I think it takes about two weeks for a man to recover from one ejaculation, so masturbating once every three weeks would give your body time to recover. What ever you choose to do, best of luck.
Thanks for the great guide. I'll be taking your advice as a good student :P. The major problem right now I'm facing is my health, 2nd is porn, and masturbation. Because I'm way skinny. I have read many post around saying that masturbation does not cause health problem. Some of post were agree that it cause your health and it makes you skinny. I just want to know if is it really true?. Although, It is been 4 years when i tried to stopped to masturbating. At that time i had heart problem, palpitation and worse anxiety. Plus i was on the medication for my heart rate the medication was " zolft". Maybe that was the reason when i had panic attack. But i need to find out now if i still get that panic attack or something else if i go for 3 weeks without masturbation and for porn. I hope it wont happen. Since it is been 4 years and now I'm trying again to quiet. My plan is if i go for 3 weeks without masturbation and porn then i ill start working out. Wish me best of luck and ill be here for more motivation and will keep posting and reading comments of yours and my other friend from here :D.
I think masturbation probably harms health. First, it makes the guy tired so he doesn't have the energy to exercise and build muscle. Second, semen contains a lot of important nutrients, including "lecithin", which is a major ingredient in the myelin sheaths of nerve cells. Semen's composition is similar to to the central nervous system; after all, each sperm cell could become a human being. It's good that you've decided to work out! I think working out improves well-being tremendously. Best of luck man! :)
Hey sorry guys, i made a new account. I could not logged in the previous account. So i made a new account with a same name. So i hope you guys done mind.

And yes, I guess you are right. I feel weak. But when i don't masturbate for one week or 2 week, i feel that i have energy, but their is one more problem, that every-time  when i go for 2 weeks with out masturbation, i feel lazy and feel sleepy and feel tired as well by not masturbating. Is that a normal thing or am i changing my habits or is their is something else. Because as soon as i masturbate, i feel relive and feel active, but no power inside of me :(. What could it be?
Hi musicster1, I honestly can't understand the laziness, sleepiness, and tiredness you feel in your second week of abstaining from MB. I've never experienced anything like that. Maybe other factors are causing the tiredness.
I see. One more thing. Back days when i went for 3 weeks i was on my medication called "zolft" for my anxiety. You think the reason for panic attack was my medication?
I tried zoloft as well as other meds in my twenties for depression and social anxiety, but not after I became celibate. I never experienced any panic attacks or heart palpitations from zoloft. I think it made me sleepy and relaxed, and gave me headaches when I stopped taking it. I do not know if your panic attack was due to zoloft.
You have too much time on your hands...
Find something to do, you need goals and aims. And you sure as hell better stick to them!
Make a time table, and plan you entire week. You need a routine, after 2-3 months it will become second nature.
So, make some short term goals. e.g
- training ( start bulking up ) it takes more time from your day than you think.
- do a course
- learn a different language
- read books at home - if you find a good book its not as bad as you think.

In your spare time, make time for friends and socialize. Don't waste time at home...
...that leads to TEMPTATION!
I don't know, but in my other post someone posted that medication i was taking, was the effects of the panic attack, dizziness. But i need to find out more about the abstaining masturbation for 1 month if that cause anything.
Viewing 601-800 comments: