Men's Health Community
What do they feel like?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do they feel like?

what does a normal prostate feel like when doing a exam and what does a prostate w/ advanced cancer feel like?  What are the sizes?  Are they easy to find?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
See your Dr if you have any concerns. They know exactly what size your prostate should be.
Blank
Hi,
    Well, the normal size of the prostate is 24 cc. It can be determined from an ultrasound imaging. As regards feel during an examination, I would guess, a normal prostate might feel softer than a cancerous one. In any case, only through biopsy a final decision  would be taken and not by mere feel during examination, it is the case even if the PSA level is found elevated.

Solace.  
Blank
I was asking this question because I'm working on improving a prostate exam trainer that my company makes.  I've never felt an actual prostate but I know that a enlarged or cancerous prostate is more firm/harder than a normal one.  I was hoping that someone could tell me what a normal prostate felt like in comparison to something else.  And it would also be helpfull to know how the prostate feels in different diagnosises.  All I've been able to find on the internet is that the normal prostate feels like the soft part in between the thumb and pointer finger and a cancerous part will feel like your knuckel when you make a fist.  I plan on meeting w/ some local urologist as soon as I get some samples of different materials for them to feel.  Thanks for your answer to my question and if you have any more feedback for me I would apprieciate it.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
19 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank