Men's Health Community
White, itchy bumps on inner thighs

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

White, itchy bumps on inner thighs

29 male here. For the last 2 days I've had a breakout of white, itchy bumps on my inner thighs. The right side is considerably worse than the left, containing patches of white bumps in clusters. I don't believe it to be an STD as I haven't been sexually active lately. It just itches like crazy and I wake up in the middle of the night scratching away. I am trying to use formulated powder for jock itch, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Anyone have any ideas? My scrotum itself does not itch, just the skin and thigh area around it.

Only thing I can think of is that I used a new fabric softener in my load of laundry the other day, but if I was allergic, wouldn't that cause other areas of my skin to itch as well? It's just on the inner thighs. It has been insanely HOT here the last couple of days and I have been out walking around trying to soak in the sun, but I thought heat rash would be more red.

I'd rather not go to the doctor as I don't have insurance, is there any OTC creams or anything I can use if it is some kind of a fungal infection?

1 Comment
Anyone?

The bumps have now spread down my right leg and are really bad behind the kneecap. This is driving me insane. I have some anti-itch cream, some tinactin spray, and some gold bond medicated body powder. I have been using all 3 on the affected areas, but it just seems to be spreading. They look like mosquito bites and become red when I scratch them. I have also been taking benadryl before bed for the itching which seems to temporarily help but I keep waking up in the middle of night itching up a storm.
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle