Men's Health Community
White bumps on penis

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

White bumps on penis

I have white bumps on the shaft of my penis. I have read in many forums that they are cysts and involve hair folicles. They just recently started showing up. I shave everything down there and usually run the razor lightly down my penis. My question is.. Does shaving down there cause this? If I stopped shaving down there or atleast stopped shaving my scrotum and base of shaft, would they likely go away? The bumps arent painful or large for that matter. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem, although I don't shave. Any help would be appreciated by me as well!
Avatar n tn
i also have the same/similar problem.
i have a few white bumps on the shaft as well, but i also have bumps the go along underneath the edge of my head.
none of the bumps hurt at all....anyone have the answers to our problem?
I have the same exact problem.
i was just wondering if it is and std or not.
Avatar n tn
Like other people I do too ;l

I'm 14

They itch like crazy!

Help?
Avatar n tn
I'd say if they itch you should get it checked out, I have these bumps as well it looks like where hairs grow but they don't ever grow out, they don't itch or cause any discomfort at all but I want to know how to get rid of them
Avatar n tn
same thing, but no itch or pain
Avatar n tn
The first thing to understand that it is quite normal for some men to have small whitish bumps on the shaft of the penis and/or at the base of the penis head.

"Fordyce's spots" are the small, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. They are common in men of all ages and a normal anatomical variation, meaning they are not a disease and perfectly harmless.

"Sebaceous prominences" are another variation of small pale or white spots that may appear on the shaft of the penis. They are caused by the hair follicle being close to the surface of the skin. Again, these are perfectly normal and harmless.

"Hirsuties papillaris genitalis" is another harmless anatomical variation with no malignant potential, this time appearing as small whitish bumps at the underside of the base of the penis head. They tend to be more common in uncircumcised men. Again, there is no need for treatment as there is nothing wrong if you have these bumps.

However, it is important to keep in mind that various STD's can cause changes to the appearance of your penis. In these cases, or if you are at all worried about something unfamiliar on your penis, it is best to go to a doctor and have it checked out. Just don't freak out at the first sign of a something on your penis, which may in fact be perfectly natural.

Piparskeggr uploaded a new photo
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle