Men's Health Community
Why are my feet growing?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Why are my feet growing?

I'm 49 years old, and I've worn the same shoe size (11) for the past 35 years. My left foot has always been slightly longer than my right. The last pair of shoes I bought was 6 months ago, they fit fine when I bought them. Over the past month, all my shoes have been hurting my left big toe. I measured my feet today, and I am now a size 11.5. Is it normal for feet to grow this late in life? I've been doing testosterone therapy for over a year along with HCG treatments for the past 6 months, I don't know whether or not that could have anything to do with it.
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are fine.
It is not possible for your feet to grow after the growth plates have fused. Testosterone increases the density of bones which can make them heavier. Heavier bones need stronger muscles for movement and cativity.This can give an overall impression of growth. This can make a larger shoe size more comfortable considering the changes in ligaments and bones of joints. If you are still anxious or doubtful it is best to get a clinical examination done and get evaluated. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
remar commented on specialmom's status
Apr 24
Coke, Pepsi dropping controversial ...
Apr 22 by gymdandee
Dalubaba commented on photo
Apr 22
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle