Why is it so hard to gain weight for me...

I am a 28 year old asian male who is trying to gain weight. I am extremely underweight, at around 110 ib / 5'10 height last time I checked. I have been exercising and trying to increase calories but still no results, my body is being stubborn, I wonder if there is anything I can take to assist in my growth. I’ve been drinking protein shakes though, but no major help. >.>

My goal is to have a “manlier” body frame and look closer to my age, instead of looking like an 18 yr old (very embarrassing when I order alcohol and get I.D.) and be just a bit heavier like 120-130 pound range, not a big goal but a big challenge for me...

And what’s this testosterone injection I’ve been hearing about? I don’t know how that stuff works, does it increase muscle and help build up mass and give me a beard?

What should I do?

Thanks for reading.
Hi Jk, Try This Its a bit old fashioned, but worked for me back in the late 60s, a pint of full cream milk at breakfeast, next pint mid morning, the next one with lunch, againe mid afternoon, your next after training with 3 raw eggs in the galss and wisk up, just do this mon to friday, see how you get on.
Good Luck
I wouldn't do the testosterone injection unless you were tested as having low testosterone - the side effects are no good.

It takes a long time to build muscle weight - I would visit a site like bodybuilding.com and look up weight gain workouts.  
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle