Worried

This issue has been bothering me for a while, and quite frankly, I've been to embarrassed to approach my parents or Doctor (which would entail my parents becoming aware of the issue), regarding it.

I'm 16 and I'm worried about the length of my penis. I know that many people say that 1. You're still growing, and 2. Size doesn't matter. However, I believe I am well under average and I don't know what to do.

Flaccid, my penis length is a mere 1 to 1.5 inches, and erect it is a little more than 3.5 inches. I'm also slightly overweight, which is something I'm working on.

I don't know if this calls for me to go to a doctor or such, but I am honestly confused and quite worried.

Thanks in advance for any serious and professional advice.
Hi Sean, Yes your still growing, but as they say if you play with it will grow, try some simple streaching as well, but dont over do it, but give yourself more time.
Good Luck
      It is true that you have a lot of growth yet to come and you need not have to be overly concerned.

First of all, your obese body can be the main problem. Normally adolescent growth rate in obese boys will be slow compared to others. Reducing your weight in a constructive manner will have a three fold effect in the growth of your sex organs as follows:
1. The liver produces SHBG, which is responsible to clear the sex hormones Testosterone (T) and Estrogen (E) from our body. In obese body the SHBG counts are less, reducing the clearance rate of both T and E so that the testicles starts producing less of total T, but the fat tissues still continue to convert T to E so that the ratio of E to T in the body gets upset.
2.Since E level increases, it in turn reduces the T production. In the growing age, High level of T is required for genital growth in men.
3. High fat in the pubic area will conceal the real penis size so that in an obese body the penis will look small.
In summary, I would encourage you to consult a good dietitian  and switch over to a good balanced diet and do some moderate exercise daily.
ZINC and proteins are very essential for sexual growth and you should take care that your diet should include them.
Again, you are too young and what we are discussing is an important growth related time bound issue and therefore it is important that you should consult a pediatric endocrinologist, just to ensure that everything is in order. Do not postpone this decision, as it is the right time for any treatment to take if at all it is required.
If I were you, I would simply tell my parents that I need to consult an endocrinologist to clear some of my growth related doubts, and the understanding parents should naturally come forward to help.You are still a child for them and if you have any problem it is their problem too, so just do not worry and go ahead and get an assurance from a professional doctor at the earliest.

Good luck,

Solace  

Listen,yes size matters but I think it matters more to men then to woman,what you should do is go to your DR and he/she will if concerned for you send you to a eurologist then they will take blood sample and check your testosterone levels,if low for your age,they can prescribe something like Axiron which is mainly used for older men with low levels but can be used in treating low growth in ur age group just for this type of condition,dont be afraid to talk to your parents about it,and get to a dr,its the only way to understand your options and consider whats best for you.
  Take a little embarasment now,and later in life you will be glad you did,and did not let pride stop you and then wonder the rest of your life if u are enough man or whatever.
   Never shrug off the importance and effect your reproductive organs have on your health and emotional state,deal with it,you will be glad you did.
  Good luck and don't worry about opening up,they will be supportive.
Cameron
A related discussion, My panis is towards left side was started.
Honestly they say being overweight will hurt the appearance of your penis size, but if it bothers you then it is a problem. There are ways to add length and girth to your penis just try looking around, don't be so judgmental of yourself, and work on making yourself feeling better and not worrying so much as you still have a lot of life yet to live.
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
4 mins ago
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle