Men's Health Community
abdominal muscle pain - lower right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I had a complete left knee replacement 7-days ago. Two days ago while protecting the knee, I pulled a muscle in my lower right side. Now both areas have pain of about equal intensity. How do I treat the abdominal muscle pain in such a way that I can concentrate on healing the knee. At the same time I am being treated for an enlarged prostate.

Thanks for any help. HJH
1 Comment
bdominal pain is pain felt in the abdomen. It is one of the most common complaints in all of medicine. Many people had a "stomachache" at one time or another. Most of us always blame abdominal pain on our stomaches, however, the pain can arise from the tissues of the abdominal wall that surround the abdominal cavity (such as the skin and abdominal wall muscles). Since the term abdominal pain is generally used to describe pain originating from organs within the abdominal cavity, any organ in your midsection can cause pain, including your appendix, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys, and intestines.  

You'd better not ignore your health status whenever the abdominal pain strikes. Although most of the causes of abdominal pain are minor issues and can be readily diagnosed and treated, pain can also be a sign of a serious illness. If you can heed your pain symptoms earlily, you can spot the difference between a minor problem and a medical emergency.

Abdominal pain symptoms you need concern.
From patients' history, a general rule to check if the pain is emergency depends on if it's intense. if your pain is not intense, what you need to do is relaxing your lifestyle, but if it is, we suggest you call to your docotor or get to a hospital immediately. What's more, if your pain is accompanied by fever, vomiting blood, bloody stools, difficulty breathing, or the pain occurs during pregnancy, you need contact your doctors as soon as possible. Before that, we suggest you record your the following questions that can help doctors greatly when diagnosing your pain causes.
How the pain begins. Pain comes on suddenly is a emergency singal, it always means a sudden event on your body, for example, the interruption of the supply of blood to the colon or obstruction of the bile duct by a gallstone.
Where the pain arises. Left side abdominal pain is often more common in women and young adults. There are lots of common causes of a left sided abdominal pain, include bowel problems, like diverticulitis, and constipation, to pain arising from muscles and skin over the left side of the abdomen. The right side abdominal pain is usually caused by appendicitis, the usual location of the appendix.