alopecia areata
Hi I'm a 23 year old man with no health problems at all but about two and a half years ago my barber noticed a small bald patch on the back of my head and told me to keep an eye on it and as the weeks went past me and my girlfriend started noticing more and more patches so I went to my gp and he said its alopecia he said he carnt do anything for it but said it will grow back within 12 mounths so I ask my family about it as I thought it mite be past down but no one as had it in my family, as time went on it got worse and worse so I decided to shave my head and wear a cap untill it come back but I'm still wering a hat as it as not grew back but dosent seem to be getting worse evther I lost my job as I was not allowed to were my cap at work and refussed to work without it as my confidence as gone relly need a second opion or any treatment I can try I tried a striod cream (betnovate) and also hair growth tablets (nourkrin) but nothing seems to work please relly need help my girlfriend left me and I don't no if it was because of my hair I relly want my confedence back and start sorting my life out agen but am just so depressed with out my hair please don't know what els to do bt wish it back any info would be greatly appriciated
Hi there,
The cause of alopecia areata is not known. It is an autoimmune condition and few people may have a family history of this condition. In cases where hair loss is not widespread there are chances that the hair will regrow in a few months regardless of whether or not treatment is used. Therapies include topical corticosteroids, immunotherapy, topical minoxidil, ultraviolet light therapy etc. Few factors may be associated with poor prognosis like alopecia areata at a young age, eczema, complete loss of scalp or body hair. It is best to consult a dermatologist who specializes in trichology and seek professional counseling for depression. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Nov 28
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle