Men's Health Community
am i still growing, changing, etc.?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

am i still growing, changing, etc.?

Hi, i'm a 17 year old male. I'm about 5'11" 165 lbs. I started puberty very late, with my first voicecracks around my 16th birthday. I now have pubic and underarm hair, a relatively average voice, and definitely have grown in the past year. Here's where my question lies however: is my bone growth and facial features done changing? I have the smallest wrists out of any guy in my grade, however some of the longest hands (not necessacarily the hands withthe most girth), I have size 11 feet but relatively small ankles. I do not have nearly as much muscle mass as most of my friends, but I have been lifting for a year and have added a good 20 lbs of weight. Also, everyone says facial wise, I'm one of the youngest looking, I'm a senior and people mistake me for a freshman or even younger. I think this has to do with a small bit of fat on my cheeks and a small jaw. Will my face keep developing and will my jaw become bigger? I don't have much facial hair, I've never had to shave in my life. Also my head is quite large compared to the size of my neck, which also is very small compared to my friends. Why is It that I am of average weight and heigth compared to my friends yet all the features that are supposed to be accentuated in men are not up to par? Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
Hi At 17 your still growing, but at the end of the we as humans are all differant, and we come in small, medium and large, and any mix in between, but just weight till your 21 and come back and tell us how you are then, bit it seems to me your just normal.
Good Luck
im not really saying that i'm not normal, but i'm really just hoping my jaw elongates and i pack on some muscle mass.
thanks for the response though!
Hi Was you born with your jaw back, I have a grandson who was born like that he also had no pallet, hes now 18 and hes OK.
But as for muscle, just get out and start pumping some iron, and in general keep fit and work hard.
Good Luck
i was born normal for all that stuff, just i stayed the same and everyone elses jaw seemed to take on the masculine look.
thanks
Hi See its just a case of us all being differant, if we were all the same life would be very boring.
Anyway it was just a question about your jaw.
Good Luck
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25
Joel78 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 25
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle