Men's Health Community
boggy prostate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

boggy prostate

Every time my doctor examines my prostate he always says its "boggy" and then asks how often I have sex, what could that mean?
I know I should ask him this and I always mean to but I seem to chicken out of asking.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
348985_tn?1205241625
usually a prostate is considered "firm" and healthy.  "boggy" generally refers to a prostate in some stage of infection.  Commonly called bacterial prostatitis.  Bacteria can be transmitted through sexual intercourse, among other ways, but that may be why he asks about your sex life.  If he has never ordered further tests, such as a sonogram i think is the common choice, or put you on antibiotics you may want to ask him why.  While prostatitis is no commonly fatal, you could develope complications such as sepsis if you are more prone to infections.  You may be more prone to infection if you have an immune disorder, diabetes, renal failure, etc.  I think it warrents a question to the doctor or even going to see a urologist.  Good Luck!
Blank
( I was told by a Urologist that I had a Boggy Prostate,below is an excerpt of another post I made.)

20 Years ago I got Prostatitis boy was I in pain, a Urologist who was an old guy stuck his finger in my backside (yikes he had a finger like a banana), told me my prostate felt boggy, a healthy prostate does not feel boggy, he told me to masturbate or have sex with my Wife every day, he added that masturbation was better for the prostate than making love to the Wife,

Well 19 years later I went to see another urologist who ordered blood teasts and gave me the finger treatment (smaller fingers this time Phew), he told me that there was only about a 5% chance of me ever getting prostate cancer and my prostate was as good as a 35 year old. well it seems the masturbation helped me, I have no problem telling other Males that masturbation is good for them,
Blank
332074_tn?1229564125
I didn't ask the question but I have been trying to get some info for a friend of mine on prostatitis. So, I wil pass it on to him.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Men's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank