Men's Health Community
bruised penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

bruised penis

I woke up sunday morning with a bruised penis - black/blue/purple about the size of a quarter - with a red bump in the middle - it doesnt hurt and is not itchy - no other symptoms - no discharge, or discomfort urinating, etc.

i do not recall any unusual sex or hard masterbation (masturbation) before noticing the bruise -
i also do not recall any trauma in the area (i think i would have remembered a bump or bang on my penis)

i'm concerned about syphilis or herpes - about 8 weeks ago i engaged in anonymous oral sex with another man (i received a bj)

could this black and blue with red bump/lump be due to syphilis or herpes?

i'm really freaking about this - all i can find on the net about bruised penis is "broken penis" which i do not have (no rough sex with bending penis and popping sound and pain) - really worried about syphilis and / or herpes

HELP!
thank you
It definitely doesn't sound like any STD. I'd wonder if maybe you rolled over on it during the night while you had an erection. Are you still able to get erections okay? Does it hurt? You might want to check it out with a urologist to be sure...
thanks for the reply
no it really doesnt hurt at all
just a big bruise with a hard lump in the middle
like i said no rough stuff during the few days before
no bumps or bangs down there that i remember
saturday nite all was well - then i go to pee sunday morning and
WOW WHATTHEHELLISTHAT?????????????
no discomfort during urination, no discharge, no pain -
erections as normal (although i have not ejaculated since the big discovery)
really puzzling - i never thought one could get a "black and blue" on one's Johnson!
really just concerned about syphilis/herpes at this point
i know that 8 weeks is a little far out for symptoms
syphilis - 3 weeks typical for initial outbreak
herpes - 2-3 weeks typical for initial outbreak
could this be "atypical" for herpes/syphilis?
i know syphilis is more probable - single, hard sore but what i have isnt an open sore - just a bump under the skin - and i haven't found anything about bruises as a symptom of syphilis
could this be a "hematoma" or "thrombosis" from some injury (although what i dont know) or a cyst (but why black and blue?)
i really dont care what it is so long as i can rule out STDs.

PS - i have been reading these forums for the last 8 weeks and i must say that you do a FANTASTIC job!!!  You are knowledgible, caring and considerate.  Keep up the good work!  You are selflessly helping troubled people.
Hi,Its sounds to me like you have had tramua to your penis.Have you been using any type of penile enlargement,such as vacuum pump,**** rings,or weight hanging.If not maybe hard or ruff sex.If not there is something call Peyronies Disease which can cause bruising in the middle of the penis.However most men that get this have a curved in there peins that sometimes gets wrost as they get older and forms Peyronies Disease.If your answer is no to all the above I have no clue. By the way Peyronie can be treated by a doctor with no problem.Good luck.
Thanks! I'm glad you find my responses helpful :-)

I'm positive this isn't a STD. The symptoms don't sound like any STD, nor would they just show up overnight. I do think you may have rolled over during the night while you had an erection, and bent or otherwise traumatized your penis. I would consider seeing a doctor just to be sure things are okay (this is an awfully important body part after all, lol), but as long as you can still get erections okay, it doesn't hurt, and you're ejaculating normally, you're no doubt fine.
I have a question?
I had sex with a condom, but got brused very badly on the shaft of the penis. At that time I was using stud 100 and a cortizone cream because of eczema. Can the brusing & the misture of these chemicals case an infection in the uthera of the penis. It seems that I have a slight dischrage, a few months after that occasion. The discharge is cloudy in colour and hardly visible. I have no urge to urinate & there is no burning.
Aswell would u be able to recomend over the counter medication for that?
I woke up this morning with a brused with a red bump in the middle on my pennis exactly like Jackass. No any pains or erection or ejection problems.

I am very concerned about STDs.Is this something serious?

I would like to know what happen with Jackass case. Did he visit a doctor? Is he ok now?

I tried to find infos but nothing came up
Pls HELP!
im 16 and i have 2 lines on my pains
i think its a bruise but its not purple or red and its not in the middle
and iv had it for a long time and it wont go away
im a virgen so i dont think its a disease
i do masterbat a lot so i think thats the reason
and i try to stop but the longest iv lasted is 2 days
what should i do?
I was having sex with my wife and tried to change positions and keep it in and I felt a pop. It did not hurt but I had a large lump appear. I am a paramedic so I thought It might be a hernia. When I woke up I had a huge bruse around the lump and on my balls. The vein on the left side was full and hard and when I was soft it continued to be hard.     So I just forgot about it for 4 days and then became nervous.   So I masterbated to see if it all worked nad it did but know I have pain on the top and it only hurts when I am hard .    Any ideas.      
I also have a huge circular bruise in the middle of my penis.
a dark purple circle w/ pinkish/red in the center.
I had some drunken sex the night before, so i dont recall if I jabbed it accidentally or if she bit me or something.

very odd.
A related discussion, I can't believe it ,she bruised my ****? was started.
A related discussion, Bruised penis was started.
Wow last time i had sex was about 7 1/2 months and I got tested for STD and everything was fine( test was negative) before having sex. After i had sex 7 1/2 passed and i got like a bruise. I didnt saw it in the morning but i did got it to see it after i came home from work when i used the bathroom. I became so nervous because my first impression was i hope is not std. The bruise was black and blue and the next day is more of purple and red. So, im really concerned about this. I hope is a bruise and not std's
Wow last time i had sex was about 7 1/2 months and I got tested for STD and everything was fine( test was negative) before having sex. After i had sex 7 1/2 passed and i got like a bruise. I didnt saw it in the morning but i did got it to see it after i came home from work when i used the bathroom. I became so nervous because my first impression was i hope is not std. The bruise was black and blue and the next day is more of purple and red. So, im really concerned about this. It doesnt hurt, burn, itch at this time. I hope is a bruise and not std's